Only says gate 2 on wiki >.>

so how does that work?
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2009-12-13 23:11:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Well using the Sauro. Champ Maw, that puts you behind Gate 3 and 1 if you wander around. The flower trick puts you behind gate 2.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-13 23:16:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bah I'm starting to hate MMM
 Sylph.Jetu
Server: Sylph
user: Jetu
By Sylph.Jetu 2009-12-13 23:23:21
Link | Quote | Reply

whooo, dynamis xarc finaly finished, and with a DL kill too

"I went to DYnamis-Xarcabard & all i got was this lousy SAM helm"
 Hades.Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2009-12-13 23:25:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:

Why's that?
 Hades.Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2009-12-13 23:26:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jetu said:
whooo, dynamis xarc finaly finished, and with a DL kill too

"I went to DYnamis-Xarcabard & all i got was this lousy SAM helm"

Congrats!
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-13 23:29:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Stefanos said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Why's that?
Well getting the good belt sounds like alot of work each and everytime. And I found out that you can only get conditioning contract with lost and found. Lost and found can be equiped to all but the goblin maze so I can't practice while I farm for it.

So I went back to farming in the fishing one and this happened.

Hades.Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2009-12-13 23:37:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Hades.Stefanos said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Why's that?
Well getting the good belt sounds like alot of work each and everytime. And I found out that you can only get conditioning contract with lost and found. Lost and found can be equiped to all but the goblin maze so I can't practice while I farm for it.

So I went back to farming in the fishing one and this happened.

Wow, they're pretty good. Glitch?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-13 23:38:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah lol. Oh it seems those stat boost and jobs that would normally be given to the mobs your fighting is actually given to the goblin in that one w00t.

And supposedly trial by velocity does something extra special
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-12-13 23:44:34
Link | Quote | Reply

i hate AF quests
 Hades.Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2009-12-13 23:45:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Yeah lol. Oh it seems those stat boost and jobs that would normally be given to the mobs your fighting is actually given to the goblin in that one w00t.

I haven't tried the fishing MMM, what do you do?
 Sylph.Jetu
By Sylph.Jetu 2009-12-13 23:51:32
Link | Quote | Reply

need to fish up more points worth of fish before the other team does, its a 1st to 3000...so th 26017872 points im pretty sure is a glitch, even if you caught hte highest scoring fish on every real of the rod, i dont see that hapening
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-13 23:52:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Stefanos said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:

Well basically you fish. Depending on what runes you have set you have different point amounts you are trying to get though that has never really been an issue since the npcs even with no might/supreme pizza might set still finish way ahead of time. If they do you lose if you somehow run out of time you lose. You can only hold 1 of each type of large fish and 3 of a small fish. Large range from like 450-900 points I think and small are like 10-200.

They provide you with pole and lures/bait but that takes time and its better to get your own and learn whats in each pond and fish for the biggest in that with certain lures. You can tell if a pool has fish by if it has sparkles in it and yes you can empty out a pool though they come back.

Um fishing up monsters are bad some of them can eat your fish. Though you can sometimes turn them in to the npc if you have a fish. They also give you gravity and last until you run around alot or turn them in. Also after awhile random birds will pop around the ponds and some will roam that can take your fish. Avoids them!!!

If you win you get transported and chose a npc to fish up your box. In it will be certain fish depending on the npc and possibly the 2 fishing rings or a few unique decent lower lvl armors.

Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-12-13 23:54:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Nobody else was watching the season finale of Dexter? ;_;
 Bahamut.Rydiya
Server: Bahamut
user: Rydiya
By Bahamut.Rydiya 2009-12-13 23:56:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph said:
I don't watch the tube unless it's BBCA
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-12-13 23:57:36
Link | Quote | Reply

It was good. Not many shows have twists like that anymore. x3 Night ch'all.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-14 00:00:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph said:
No cable/HBO so have to wait to dl it. Which should be soon. Sure building up though
 Bahamut.Raelia
user: Raelia
By Bahamut.Raelia 2009-12-14 00:14:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ryd, why aren't you on AIM?
 Hades.Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2009-12-14 00:16:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Hades.Stefanos said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:

Well basically you fish. Depending on what runes you have set you have different point amounts you are trying to get though that has never really been an issue since the npcs even with no might/supreme pizza might set still finish way ahead of time. If they do you lose if you somehow run out of time you lose. You can only hold 1 of each type of large fish and 3 of a small fish. Large range from like 450-900 points I think and small are like 10-200.

They provide you with pole and lures/bait but that takes time and its better to get your own and learn whats in each pond and fish for the biggest in that with certain lures. You can tell if a pool has fish by if it has sparkles in it and yes you can empty out a pool though they come back.

Um fishing up monsters are bad some of them can eat your fish. Though you can sometimes turn them in to the npc if you have a fish. They also give you gravity and last until you run around alot or turn them in. Also after awhile random birds will pop around the ponds and some will roam that can take your fish. Avoids them!!!

If you win you get transported and chose a npc to fish up your box. In it will be certain fish depending on the npc and possibly the 2 fishing rings or a few unique decent lower lvl armors.

Sounds like a challenge. What level is your fishing? So I can get an idea of how hard it'll be for me.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-14 00:24:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Stefanos said:
Sounds like a challenge. What level is your fishing? So I can get an idea of how hard it'll be for me.
I'm 100 with Ebisus. However I'm not completely sure that really matters in there other than maybe helps your fishing instinct tell you when theres a monster assuming you've learned what messages generally mean in fishing.

I find the hard part and part of the reason I lost alot at first was well using there stuff makes everything random all kinds of fish can bite in each pond from random amounts and I wasn't paying enough attention to what I was pulling in at first. Or what the sparkles meant. Or the birds or the monsters lol. Um the guide I've been using on wiki says use sinking minnow on first pond to isolate a certain big fish which bites pretty regularlly and worm lure on the 2nd on to isolate a even more points big one and a 200 point little fish. They might have updated it but generally one of those pools will have fish if not both.

Really though in fishing lvl means very little most the time especially compared to rod. For example catching Noble lady on the ship when I was like 20 below the cap was easy peasy with lu shangs. But with normal rod it was super hard near the lvl. Mostly helps with breaks and makes realing in a little easier
 Hades.Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2009-12-14 00:29:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Hades.Stefanos said:
I'm 100 with Ebisus. However I'm not completely sure that really matters in there other than maybe helps your fishing instinct tell you when theres a monster assuming you've learned what messages generally mean in fishing.

I find the hard part and part of the reason I lost alot at first was well using there stuff makes everything random all kinds of fish can bite in each pond from random amounts and I wasn't paying enough attention to what I was pulling in at first. Or what the sparkles meant. Or the birds or the monsters lol. Um the guide I've been using on wiki says use sinking minnow on first pond to isolate a certain big fish which bites pretty regularlly and worm lure on the 2nd on to isolate a even more points big one and a 200 point little fish. They might have updated it but generally one of those pools will have fish if not both.

Really though in fishing lvl means very little most the time especially compared to rod. For example catching Noble lady on the ship when I was like 20 below the cap was easy peasy with lu shangs. But with normal rod it was super hard near the lvl. Mostly helps with breaks and makes realing in a little easier

Well I'm only 52 with Composite/Halcyon, so if I try it, I'll have to see how it compares.
 Bahamut.Rydiya
user: Rydiya
By Bahamut.Rydiya 2009-12-14 00:30:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raelia said:
Ryd, why aren't you on AIM?
Forgot to load up Trillian the other day. One second.
 Sylph.Jetu
By Sylph.Jetu 2009-12-14 00:31:11
Link | Quote | Reply

i do it with 52 fishing & lu shang, but sometimes i have gone to the full 30mins without either team winning, it sucks at times
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-14 00:38:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jetu said:
i do it with 52 fishing & lu shang, but sometimes i have gone to the full 30mins without either team winning, it sucks at times
Holy crap really? You have stuff set to make the other team do worse cause I've never had mine take more than like 15min to pull 3k points or 20 for 3.6k. Bah it better not be scaling cause of my skill or rod.
 Sylph.Jetu
By Sylph.Jetu 2009-12-14 00:43:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Sylph.Jetu said:
Holy crap really? You have stuff set to make the other team do worse cause I've never had mine take more than like 15min to pull 3k points or 20 for 3.6k. Bah it better not be scaling cause of my skill or rod.
i do it without any difficulty modifiers, normaly i win in about 20mins, but sometimes it takes all 30mins to just loose
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-14 00:49:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Weird I didn't use to add anything now I just add like the fishing skill one and couple of trials one to make it shorter another to kill magic... think that is it. Oh and trial by numbers but that just makes it 3.6k instead of 3k points. I usually win within like 10 min now that I pay mroe attention use my own lures etc but yeah that npc win today was in like 10... granted I had horrible luck just kept getting no bites while the npcs kept pulling stuff in. Still almost won though

Supposedly might/weak etc actually start you off at an advantage/disadvantage always wanted to try it but well I don't want less marbles and they still almost alway fish damn near as fast as me. I'll be damn lucky to finish with more than 1k more points then them.
 Sylph.Jetu
By Sylph.Jetu 2009-12-14 00:54:44
Link | Quote | Reply

well im headed out to my brothers graduation ceramony, so i'll cya all later
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-14 00:58:04