Server: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-15 10:25:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Seraph.Ramyrez said: »
I lie doughnuts...now I want doughnuts. I need an intern.

It's almost lunch time! It's Chinese Wednesday! Get the doughnuts on Friday maybe.
Confession: I...have yet to partake in Chinese Wednesday...a fact that makes me very sad.

That is very sad indeed.
[+]
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2015-04-15 10:25:17
Link | Quote | Reply

It's almost lunch time! It's Chinese Wednesday! Get the doughnuts on Friday maybe.
Confession: I...have yet to partake in Chinese Wednesday...a fact that makes me very sad.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-04-15 10:30:06
Link | Quote | Reply

This was posted a few days ago in RT, I think. Thoughts?

Hmmm...If it's successful, good. I can't imagine knowing you're wasting away at age thirty. Desperate measures?

Quote:
After a 36-hour operation, the patient would lie in coma for about a month while doctors use electrical stimulation in an effort to connect spinal-cord nerves to the new head.

I think I would rather let nature take its course or hasten the inevitable by medical means, just me though.

EDIT: I wonder how his family would feel if the transplant itself was successful and he overcame the coma only to die a little bit later. :/
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-04-15 10:32:42
Link | Quote | Reply

you should get one, they are awesome.

one of ours gave me this look one time when we told her to go pick up some sandwiches like "Really... four years of marketing school and I still have to go *** pick up sandwiches?"

and I just glared back... yeah...yeah you do...

welcome to the real world jackass! <-from the "threw it on the ground" song

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-04-15 10:37:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »

Hmmm...If it's successful, good. I can't imagine knowing you're wasting away at age thirty. Desperate measures?

Quote:
After a 36-hour operation, the patient would lie in coma for about a month while doctors use electrical stimulation in an effort to connect spinal-cord nerves to the new head.

I think I would rather let nature take its course or hasten the inevitable by medical means, just me though.

EDIT: I wonder how his family would feel if the transplant itself was successful and he overcame the coma only to die a little bit later. :/
That's what I think will happen, or he'll die in a coma. There's also the different body chemistry that will effect his brain. I really don't think this effort to reconnect the spinal cord will work. I hope it does but I'll believe it when I see it. One doctor said due to the sudden changes in the chemicals to his brain, he may become a "new level of insane that no one has ever seen before."
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-04-15 10:52:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
you should get one, they are awesome.

one of ours gave me this look one time when we told her to go pick up some sandwiches like "Really... four years of marketing school and I still have to go *** pick up sandwiches?"

welcome to the real world jackass! <-from the "threw it on the ground" song
I was pretty surprised at first what you could get people to do for you if you just told em to do it.

This one guy, who at the time didn't even work for the company (office heads wifes cousin or something, real d-bag), started telling people that he was too busy to get lunch himself and sent them out to do it for him instead and they would just go get it for him.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-04-15 10:54:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

That's what I think will happen, or he'll die in a coma. There's also the different body chemistry that will effect his brain. I really don't think this effort to reconnect the spinal cord will work. I hope it does but I'll believe it when I see it. One doctor said due to the sudden changes in the chemicals to his brain, he may become a "new level of insane that no one has ever seen before."

Granted it would be a medical/surgical breakthrough, it seems more like "we will because we can". Something...Something...Frankenstein's monster. I can understand why the thirty-year-old would want to offer himself up, but then again, I don't.

I've already decided that I'm going to take my grandfather's route, I may change my tune if it were a matter of age, but just give me painkillers until I pass. No chemo if it's a matter of cancer. We already have wills. I'm going the cremation route.

Sorry if we're dampening the mood, Ni. Not intentional.
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-15 10:55:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Interns are seriously the most diabolically awesome plot ever to get free labor from motivated, recently-trained workers who don't know any better than to just take what you give them.

Muahahaha.

Oh, you're getting "paid" all right. IN EXPERIENCE.

(The experience of fetching me a *** breakfast sandwich and coffee as soon as you finish that spreadsheet...)
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-04-15 10:58:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Interns are seriously the most diabolically awesome plot ever to get free labor from motivated, recently-trained workers who don't know any better than to just take what you give them.

Muahahaha.
It's not always free. Some companies actually pay them pretty well.

It is advice I give to anyone, in school, who will listen to seek out internship possibilities in their field while still in school. Gives you a real leg up. Time and freedom to make good impressions and network as well as get basic experience in the field they want to go in so you have something to put on your resume besides just spent the last four years at some school doing something!
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-04-15 10:59:12
Link | Quote | Reply

you're fine...we're just coming up with some menial tasks to demoralize the interns with....

/stares at PARKER
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-04-15 10:59:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Last time I saw one of my uncles alive, he was at deer camp, having a good time. He died from a motorcycle accident, I didn't view the body. I wanted my last memory of him to be in deer camp.

What's creepy is his brother died on a motorcycle in the 70's on the same date as he did.
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-15 11:01:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »

Muahahaha.

It is advice I give to anyone, in school, who will listen to seek out internship possibilities in their field while still in school. Gives you a real leg up. Time and freedom to make good impressions and network as well as get basic experience in the field they want to go in so you have something to put on your resume besides just spent the last four years at some school doing something!

Yeah. Mine was actually paid. I actually sort of frown upon unpaid internships for exactly the reasons I stated; it's a racket to get free work out of young, educated, motivated people. Experience and connections are very worthwhile, but at least give them enough to afford a room in the slums so they don't have to live in their car (if they're lucky enough to have one) down by the river.

Either way, though, it's definitely an advisable course of action.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-04-15 11:04:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Last time I saw one of my uncles alive, he was at deer camp, having a good time. He died from a motorcycle accident, I didn't view the body. I wanted my last memory of him to be in deer camp.

What's creepy is his brother died on a motorcycle in the 70's on the same date as he did.
All my gradparents died in the month of October...
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-04-15 11:04:28
Link | Quote | Reply

-new paperwork arrives
-old sign coming back to be refurbished
-need to order a temporal banner to replace it
-only a picture provided, missing reference job number, name and information
-lots of signs are produced for this company each year
-manually go trough all files to find it.
-smash bros time.
[+]
By Darkalenia 2015-04-15 11:04:53
Link | Quote | Reply

*throws money all over Ni*

[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-04-15 11:05:39
Link | Quote | Reply

-takes all the money and fills Ni with Lemons-
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-04-15 11:06:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Darkalenia said: »
*throws money all over Ni*

You're going to need that for games.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-04-15 11:07:21
Link | Quote | Reply

you're fine...we're just coming up with some menial tasks to demoralize the interns with....

/stares at PARKER
I saw the life drain from an interns eyes as the week progressed one year. He was given this ridiculously menial task where he had to check off thousands of files and confirm whether or not they had been set up in the new system or not. As the week dragged on you could quite literally see him dying inside lol.

I think he would have jumped at the chance to go get us sandwiches at that point...
[+]
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Dameshi 2015-04-15 11:14:06
Link | Quote | Reply

For some people, it's that sense of closure. It helps them deal with that fact that yes, this really happened and I will never see this person again.

I'm with you though, Zah. I'm actually not even entirely on board with funerals as a whole, but I'm also not the most emotional person in the world.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-04-15 11:19:00
Link | Quote | Reply

This.

What's unfortunate sometimes is having to travel elsewhere for a short-term internship. You think it pays well, then you add in the accommodations for a short period, and you realize it was kind of a wash as far as cash but good for the experience.

Cest la vie!

All my gradparents died in the month of October...

Creepy!

All the women on my maternal side of the family die in November.
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-15 11:24:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dameshi said: »
For some people, it's that sense of closure. It helps them deal with that fact that yes, this really happened and I will never see this person again.

I have to admit I'm somewhat one of these people. It doesn't have to be an open casket, but having the urn there with their picture, or something similar, just...I don't know. What Dameshi said, I guess.

I don't like funerals in general for many reasons, most prominently and frequently because there's some *** *** with a white collar spewing false platitudes about how much happier my loved one is now that they're gone and (insert whatever myth they believe about the afterlife).

But a viewing/wake I find appropriate and provides a bit of closure in that it brings people together, lets them discuss their good memories of the person and provide comfort to each other.

Asura.Dameshi said: »
but I'm also not the most emotional person in the world.

I tend not to be in real life, despite what you may think based on what you see here; and when I do have emotional displays, they tend to be the not good kind.
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-15 11:31:56
Link | Quote | Reply

In a happier note, all (4) of my cousins from my one uncle were born in the first week of April. My uncle was a Navy man for like 20 years.

Do the math...that man celebrates the Fourth of July enthusiastically.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-04-15 11:35:14
Link | Quote | Reply

In a happier note, all (4) of my cousins from my one uncle were born in the first week of April. My uncle was a Navy man for like 20 years.

Yep! LOL! I was going to ask if if their mother was a teacher too!

I swear to God! All of my friends who are teachers pop out pups in March and April. I ***you not.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-04-15 11:35:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep! LOL! I was going to ask if if their mother was a teacher too!

I swear to God! All of my friends who are teachers pop out pups in March and April. I ***you not.
Spring. Gotta start early to keep up with the rabbits on births, I suppose.
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-15 11:36:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm convinced my dad has a costume fetish. I was born a month+ early (5/3) and my half-brother was born 6/1.

I think my dad gets freaky around Halloween.
[+]
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Dameshi 2015-04-15 11:41:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm convinced my dad has a costume fetish. I was born a month+ early (5/3) and my half-brother was born 6/1.

I think my dad gets freaky around Halloween.
I was born 2 weeks early, August 11th. I guess there was a lot to be thankful for that Thanksgiving.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-04-15 11:42:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't remember much from when I was born, you guys have good memories.
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-15 11:44:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I have family that doesn't like to let me forget things like "worrying them for several weeks in ICU" or w/e. -.-;
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-04-15 11:50:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty sure it all comes from stories someone told them at some point later on. I think I'd be pretty terrified of that image if I vividly recalled being born...
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-04-15 11:52:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ew
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 17280 17281 17282 ... 18549 18550 18551