FFXIAH Linkshell Ni
First Page 2 3 ... 16857 16858 16859 ... 18549 18550 18551
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-09-24 14:02:06
Link | Quote | Reply

You can't get out of something that you've never been in... I had this discussion with someone the other day too...
By Ramyrez 2014-09-24 14:10:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
You can't get out of something that you've never been in... I had this discussion with someone the other day too...

I spent two years and money into five figures on a degree in secondary education, speaking with older friends who were already teachers as well as education professors in and out of class.

I think it's safe to say I was invested.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-09-24 14:11:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Teachers are like soldiers these days... American culture dictates you idolize and worship them without any thought towards it or what they might actually do.

Stating that the vast majority of people get in it for the right reasons and then having nothign to actually back that up... I'd actually doubt that most teachers are where they even want to be.

It's teachers like Mag that make me more critical of teachers too... they aren't in the environment that they want to be in so they pretty much just get frustrated and give up.

Why should I blindly worship teachers when most of the stories I hear about em are those fulfilling the status quo or worse...

Is it an easy profession? No. But You get into it knowing that. Unless you can sit there and say that you put all you had into it then its; not the kids that failed you its you who failed the kids... You're responsible for making them aware that education is important or you can give up on them like everyone else and just let the cycle continue.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-09-24 14:13:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's face it, those kids have him on the ropes, in his opposite corner, flat on his feet, mouth breathing with his gums flapping all over place. he is on *** street heading for the intersection of humiliating unconsciousness... and the first round just got started... and it's a 35 round fight... and every round lasts a year

he looks like rocky balboa at the end of the first rocky movie his face is one gigantic hemotoma... he feels like he had gotten his *** whipped for fifteen rounds and he is looking up at the clock already hoping it's almost over....

and none of the seconds have gone by because the judge forgot to start the timer.

and as the thunderous padded thud of the heavyweight champion's gloves continue beating him into submission, all he can think about is googly goo goo wudgie ping pow zing and he says something like "no pictures please" as he tries to wave off the cameras that aren't there....

those kids smelled his weakness from a mile a way and they won't ever let up if they think it's getting to him. he's about half a spitball away from running out the door screaming and giving up all his dreams to push french fries at burger king and you think your "wish I could help" was somehow helpful?

HA!

his only chance at survival is to reach deep down inside himself and pull a whole new man of his bag...

the part that pisses us off the most is he has it inside of him, we have all seen it. and I'll be goddamned if I know wth he is waiting for....
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-09-24 14:13:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »

I spent two years and money into five figures on a degree in secondary education, speaking with older friends who were already teachers as well as education professors in and out of class.

Then I think it's safe to say that you didn't get out of it before it began.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-09-24 14:17:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Why should I blindly worship teachers when most of the stories I hear about em are those fulfilling the status quo or worse...

you're just mad because that teacher grabbed your *** & called you sugar britches at a tender age.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2014-09-24 14:22:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Then I think it's safe to say that you didn't get out of it before it began.

[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-09-24 14:26:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh nvm... Too much info in that post...
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-09-24 14:29:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
If my relating to magnus's frustration is so offensive to you nik, just block me dummy
But we like to lol at you. At you not with you. ;)
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-09-24 14:30:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I must say these last couple of days have been entertaining.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2014-09-24 14:38:50
Link | Quote | Reply

First off, I never said I was giving up. I have administration on my side and they're doing what they can to help out.

This year is a test of patience and strength. I will make it through this year and come out of it a battle hardened, calloused man. I always knew I would; that's the trend of a first year teacher.

50% of teachers leave the profession before the five year mark. Them's the facts. I'd like to think I'm better than that, but days like this where I have to constantly address every little infraction (Cruz, put your phone away, this is the 10th time I've had to do it, Andrew, stop talking to the person across the room and just do your work, Lamont why are you walking in the room, how hard is it to just sit and do your work?) while I have other teachers, faculty and administration breathing down my neck saying, "I wouldn't put up with that in my class," while just trying to find some amount of sanity between the 1,000 directions I'm being pulled in makes it beyond difficult.

I will make it out of here, but right now I'm just sorta catching my breath. And by the way, the kid asked me what cyanide was, and I was able to overcome that pretty easily. True, I shouldn't have done that, but then again I have a life full of regrets, so let's just tack that one up there to mingle with the rest.

I still think it's funny that people jump down my neck for being frustrated, but that's the same thing as eating a pile of ***and then having people insist that you grin and say you want more. I haven't fallen out of love with education. I haven't fallen out of love with teaching my students. But I am frustrated.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-09-24 14:39:07
Link | Quote | Reply

/ringsthebell

Flav vs. Donny

round 113!

fight!

/sendsparkeroutintotheringinabikiniwithasignthatreads'113'
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-09-24 14:40:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
I still think it's funny that people jump down my neck for being frustrated

hhhmmmmmmmmmmmp.

I was offering constructive advice.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-09-24 14:41:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I think we need a little Otis in here...

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2014-09-24 14:42:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
I still think it's funny that people jump down my neck for being frustrated

hhhmmmmmmmmmmmp.

I was offering constructive advice.
Not you, nerd.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-09-24 14:44:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
/ringsthebell

Flav vs. Donny

round 113!

fight!

/sendsparkeroutintotheringinabikiniwithasignthatreads'113'
/insert monksin sleepfighting vids
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-09-24 14:44:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Psst! Hey, Mag! Psst!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-09-24 14:45:00
Link | Quote | Reply

If my relating to magnus's frustration is so offensive to you nik, just block me dummy
But we like to lol at you. At you not with you. ;)
And yet all I see from you is whining and bitching; interesting "laugh" you got there flav.
I think you confuse that with mocking... lol...
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-09-24 14:45:50
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah!

I'll drink some pear wine & make a fool of myself tonight, just for you mag.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2014-09-24 14:46:33
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2014-09-24 14:47:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Psst! Hey, Mag! Psst!
Zah... >.>

<.<
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-09-24 14:48:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I still think it's funny that people jump down my neck for being frustrated, but that's the same thing as eating a pile of ***and then having people insist that you grin and say you want more. I haven't fallen out of love with education. I haven't fallen out of love with teaching my students. But I am frustrated.
Then don't post on a public forum in which you know people have already been critical of your teaching issues.

Send out some PMs if you want to be coddled. There's plenty of people that will give you an attaboy and tell you how you're the greatest for being there and them kids don't even deserve you.
By Ramyrez 2014-09-24 14:50:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Then don't post on a public forum in which you know people have already been critical of your teaching issues.

Send out some PMs if you want to be coddled. There's plenty of people that will give you an attaboy and tell you how you're the greatest for being there and them kids don't even deserve you.

With the number of professions you regularly fling poo at, I have to wonder what you actually do for a living.
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2014-09-24 14:50:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Mmm hmm.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-09-24 14:51:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I have to wonder what you actually do for a living.

he's a trust fund baby.
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2014-09-24 14:51:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I won't flip tables today, just for mag.

Maybe
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 16857 16858 16859 ... 18549 18550 18551