[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2014-01-06 13:47:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
wow you guys brought tips conversations into multiple threads? for shame!~
I see RT as the Club level of the thread. Big ole sausage fest and people conversing over everyone. Ni as the VIP level where quiet and we chat with more of a focus? /shrug.

Stay off Nik's lawn you rebel!

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Trying to divert the best conversations over here.
FTFY
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-01-06 13:47:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
It could be like 1982.

Are you making a recession joke? Oh you!

Josiahkf said: »
I remember trying to provoke meaningful conversations in here years ago and "anime n' junk" stuff tried to shoo me away lol

Yeah...I've seen the first couple of pages of this thread. We dun commandeered it!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2014-01-06 13:48:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah...I've seen the first couple of pages of this thread. We dun commandeered it!
Word, I'd love to say that I took over and peace has fallen upon Ni to awesomeness where Mos can relax without his eyes bleeding from anime and Nik and Parker with Flav can through storms at will at people.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-01-06 13:48:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you making a recession joke? Oh you!
How did you guess?

Actually, it was another joke, but hey, I'll take that too.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2014-01-06 13:52:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Skulloneix said: »
I see RT as the Club level of the thread. Big ole sausage fest and people conversing over everyone. Ni as the VIP level where quiet and we chat with more of a focus? /shrug.
I think Ni is far more alienating and intimidating that RT, in the least. (for new posters)
I was for a while. I won't lie. Hmm now I am curious to my first post in Ni. Prolly to Zah or Row.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-01-06 13:53:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I think Ni is far more alienating and intimidating that RT, in the least. (for new posters)
Yeah, they treat us like vampires, come at us with their stakes and garlic.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Kenshinx
By Carbuncle.Kenshinx 2014-01-06 13:53:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I was for a while. I won't lie. Hmm now I am curious to my first post in Ni. Prolly to Zah or Row.
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/4012/ffxiah-linkshell-ni/15583#2049075
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-01-06 13:56:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it's just a matter of taste. As for the bolded...KN is still here despite Flavin, Nik, and Hev. It will be interesting seeing how this goes. Mos and I will just roll our eyes simultaneously.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-01-06 13:57:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Kenshinx said: »
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/4012/ffxiah-linkshell-ni/15583#2049075

D'awwww! It was Mag on a Chinese Wednesday!
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-01-06 13:59:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it's just a matter of taste. As for the bolded...KN is still here despite Flavin, Nik, and Hev. It will be interesting seeing how this goes. Mos and I will just roll our eyes simultaneously.
More like I don't give a flying *** how you guys treat me.

Not to be derogatory or anything, just how I am.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-01-06 14:03:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Flav is so pissed right now. I just feel it!
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-01-06 14:07:30
Link | Quote | Reply

/cuban accent
We are hijacking this thread... and taking it to cuba!

and I blame skull for the cross thread discusifications.
but in his defense NI is kind of a more private place to discuss the subtle nuances of asian water ordering culture... I sent PARKER to find the fine points of vietnamese culture but he came back empty handed with only books on asia in general and japan, china and korea specifically ...

I can't remember if vietnam is one of the countries it's inappropriate to fill a woman's glass with alcohol in a public setting... like you are trying to get her drunk to take advantage of her or something...

or the host is supposed to fill the drinks... /shrug
you're always offending someone...

damn foreigners... I would ask my uncle (who was there) but then I would have to listen to seven or eight hours of flashbacks perhaps without ever gaining a definitive answer on the subject.
[+]
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2014-01-06 14:15:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I like the people themselves the same in both Ni and RT. But RT is much more laid-back and easy-going, whereas in Ni I kinda feel like I'm the annoying little sister trying to sit at the adult table.

But the two threads themselves aren't even that comparable to me. RT is the thread where you go to state, well, random thoughts. It's random. And if someone responds and a conversation happens, that's great! Ni is the place you go to have a conversation, but you have to break into the existing conversation first. That makes it feel (to me) that I'm intruding when I'm in Ni.

So even though I like both threads and the people who populate both threads, I'm more likely to post in RT just because it feels less like an interruption or an intrusion to me when I post there. :/ I don't know how else to explain it. Both threads are great, though!
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-01-06 14:19:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I was going to make a perpetual motion machine but said *** it thermodynamics.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2014-01-06 14:19:31
Link | Quote | Reply

You can always post here Leils! Lord knows I intrude enough on Mos and Flavin's antics.

And yes Nik, its their custom to drink water, but it ain't mine, nor my families. But when I see white folk just order water, its like "hmmmm low tippers"

And I do agree that apparently, in the EU area, they make enough money per hour not to need tips. But I wonder if that affects their customer service?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2014-01-06 14:20:15
Link | Quote | Reply

ugh I was sitting down with my scone and my green tea, about to continue my heated discussion with skull about advanced gundam theonuclear physics and liela had to interrupt and intrude!
SHUSH! Leils! Tell us about the pups!
[+]
By fonewear 2014-01-06 14:20:39
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2014-01-06 14:22:26
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
I was going to make a perpetual motion machine but said *** it thermodynamics.
I thought about it for a bout a week, than gave up. Kudos on simpson vid. :3

In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics!!!
[+]
By fonewear 2014-01-06 14:23:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Example of Homer being dumb but knowing scientific things. He also knows the names of Supreme Court Justices.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2014-01-06 14:24:10
Link | Quote | Reply

RT now is kinda what Ni was years ago... Little more Anime in RT. Ni used to have it's regulars, funny situations, etc. But it's become more of a hangout for Flavin, Hev, Niko, Mosin, and Zahrah while they are working. It seems to die on the weekends. Being that it's usually those 5 people and occasionally a few others it's hard to relate as it's usually conversations between a group of friends and that is one thing makes Ni seem alienating or gives people the feeling they're interrupting.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-01-06 14:24:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Liela said: »
I like the people themselves the same in both Ni and RT. But RT is much more laid-back and easy-going, whereas in Ni I kinda feel like I'm the annoying little sister trying to sit at the adult table.

But the two threads themselves aren't even that comparable to me. RT is the thread where you go to state, well, random thoughts. It's random. And if someone responds and a conversation happens, that's great! Ni is the place you go to have a conversation, but you have to break into the existing conversation first. That makes it feel (to me) that I'm intruding when I'm in Ni.

So even though I like both threads and the people who populate both threads, I'm more likely to post in RT just because it feels less like an interruption or an intrusion to me when I post there. :/ I don't know how else to explain it. Both threads are great, though!

We love you, Leila.

I think the only reason I started milling around here more is that the topic isn't sporadic and it's slower-paced so we can all keep up while doing what we need to do.

/shrug

RT is just too "all over the place" sometimes.

EDIT: That was when Row and Dame were still here.

/cries eyeballs out
[+]
 Odin.Liela
By Odin.Liela 2014-01-06 14:24:24
Link | Quote | Reply

ugh I was sitting down with my scone and my green tea, about to continue my heated discussion with skull about advanced gundam theonuclear physics and liela had to interrupt and intrude!
SHUSH! Leils! Tell us about the pups!

Um, they are cute! I think so anyways. xD
[+]
 Odin.Liela
By Odin.Liela 2014-01-06 14:27:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Aw <3 I love you guys too. Er, well, I like you anyways. xD

And if I was able to post or lurk at work, I bet I'd prefer Ni just like you do. It does seem like a better pace for the work day.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-01-06 14:28:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Should be a Simpsons quote thread. If he can teach a class. He can teach a class. I mean I can teach a class.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-01-06 14:29:15
Link | Quote | Reply

KN is still here despite Nik

wait a tick.... D:

WHAT DID I DO!!?
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-01-06 14:34:33
Link | Quote | Reply

True, but also find it easier to be nice to those who are nice and polite like myself, to the waiting staff. Ask them about their day and junk. So they can open up and be nice to me and in end, if they are good, they get gooder tip.

Skull, I love you, so take this how it's intended, but you meant "better"

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
It could be worse.

It could be like 1982.

greatest year ever.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-01-06 14:35:55
Link | Quote | Reply

What about 1979 (tries not to think of Smashing Pumpkins song)
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 16325 16326 16327 ... 18549 18550 18551