Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2013-11-04 09:56:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Skulloneix said: »
Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
Good morning my subjects! I hope you all remembered to go out and get Skull items at 50% off for me this weekend.
You missed the impromptu holiday my brother came up with. We're calling it Half Price Candy Day.
I only had one candy this year. And it was out of the bowl my roomie left out for the kids. XD
That's how I typically am, but my brother and I have a tendency to do dumb things. We're even creating lore and songs about Half Price Candy Day.

Just you watch. 10 years from now it'll be an observable holiday.
Hmmm I may hire you to make jingles for Skull Day when I take over the world. Stay tuned!
Not a bad idea! I am the guy who came up with the Hot Pockets jingle, so you know you're in good hands!

Also, I did "By Mennen", too.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2013-11-04 09:56:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
/slightly moves all of misa's action figures out of position

I only had one candy this year. And it was out of the bowl my roomie left out for the kids. XD

wth is wrong with you?
I feel old and don't really care for those kinds of sweets no more. Now get me a Pumpkin roll and some coffee and I will be happy. ^^
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2013-11-04 09:57:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Not a bad idea! I am the guy who came up with the Hot Pockets jingle, so you know you're in good hands!

Also, I did "By Mennen", too.
Hmmm, who did the Zest fully clean one?
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2013-11-04 09:58:02
Link | Quote | Reply

/slightly moves all of misa's action figures out of position
how long did that take you? a couple ours? :D
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-11-04 09:58:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
definitely one of the harder story line bosses...

You have to stay away from the pillars when she single targets so the aoe blast doesn't damage them but close enough you can run behind them to cower when she explodes

we're stuck on amdapor keep slowly realizing we may have to spam wanderers palace fifty thousand more times to have good enough gear to kill that stupid wall
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2013-11-04 09:59:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Mos! I think my team will play your team Thursday night. :D

wow do those Vikings suck

Ragnarok.Hevans said: »
Morning folks. Hope everyone had an enjoyable weekend.

what out!

Bismarck.Misao said: »
just a church in a park full of museums. I think it is closed nowadays, only open for special stuff (?)
http://www.balboapark.org/

went there on saturday, since my best RL friend got married, we went around the park taking pictures of the couple.

very good lookin' local. sounds like a good time.

I was impressed we didn't breeze through something finally.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Server: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2013-11-04 10:14:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Wudowt
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2013-11-04 10:15:34
Link | Quote | Reply

You have to stay away from the pillars when she single targets so the aoe blast doesn't damage them but close enough you can run behind them to cower when she explodes we're stuck on amdapor keep slowly realizing we may have to spam wanderers palace fifty thousand more times to have good enough gear to kill that stupid wall
You should have enough power with your grand company weapons and the relic gear to take down the wall... WP isn't too bad because you still do get enough tomes per run... I forget if its 100/40 like AK is or not though...

It can get rough when bees come out though... when we first started we would have the tank get the bee on the right and the DD's get the left... dd's LB the one bee then kill the other then back on the wall... it can get a little tricky with that and avoiding the floor aoe and counting to prepare for the next repel... I've seen my fair share faceplant off the side during that phase..

Edit: What's your set up like?
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2013-11-04 10:16:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
I was impressed we didn't breeze through something finally.
I'm stuck at HM Titan now... I'm set to try again on Tuesday night though...

Edit: It's one giant cockblock of a wall.... make mistakes on it and its god damn unforgiving as hell lol... and its like the last thing you need to do to get your relic weapon...
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2013-11-04 10:21:25
Link | Quote | Reply

wow do those Vikings suck
I was rooting for them yesterday!
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-11-04 10:23:09
Link | Quote | Reply

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone is going to get murdered today!!!!!!

Plans are dated by date of completion!!!!!

Plans are organized by date of completion!!!!

Specs are put with plans!!!

No wooden cutting boards in the damn dishwasher!!

Laundry in the hamper, not on the floor!

/*** punts a chihuahua to Alaska

RAWR RAWR RAWR! ***, moan, and complain!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2013-11-04 10:24:04
Link | Quote | Reply

/backs away slowly

/lays traps so he can't be followed
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-11-04 10:25:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Pld, brd, mnk, whm

I think it's me not doing enough damage mostly... We got the timing down we just dont kill it quick enough. I'm working on the gear and some other changes.

We all started the same time at release so it's also some monkey shines. We learn by smashing our faces against stuff until it dies.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-11-04 10:26:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »

Z!

I was talking about you this morning.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-11-04 10:26:40
Link | Quote | Reply

mostly played 14.

with no Z. she must get no breaks.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-11-04 10:29:56
Link | Quote | Reply

We learn by smashing our faces against stuff until it dies.

don't let him fool you, Niko, we do a fair amount of that as well.

though, not with you, cause' you're a ***, & won't hang out with us.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2013-11-04 10:31:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Pld, brd, mnk, whm I think it's me not doing enough damage mostly... We got the timing down we just dont kill it quick enough. I'm working on the gear and some other changes. We all started the same time at release so it's also some monkey shines. We learn by smashing our faces against stuff until it dies.
nice... we go War, Brd, Mnk, Sch... it definitely helps to have the dungeon gear and eventually you will get the weapon drops from HM primals... most likely ifrit or gardua... Ifrit has the lv 60 weapons and Garuda the lv 70 weapons... I think mnks also lose some dps capacity as they can't get on the side or behind the wall too... Im not sure about plds but I know as a war we can handle the wall solo for a bit too... I once got lucky and took down the remaining 15% of the wall solo lol...

That is my favorite way to learn lol...
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2013-11-04 10:31:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Plans are dated by date of completion!!!!!

Plans are organized by date of completion!!!!

Specs are put with plans!!!

No wooden cutting boards in the damn dishwasher!!

One day I think i will snap and kill an Architect with his own plans...bludgeoned over the head with them...
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-11-04 10:46:14
Link | Quote | Reply

One day I think i will snap and kill an Architect with his own plans...bludgeoned over the head with them...

you leave them architects alone, man.

they're just trying to validate all that money they spent on a piece of paper. after 250,000$, they better know more than some dumbass contractor.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2013-11-04 10:48:10
Link | Quote | Reply

We learn by smashing our faces against stuff until it dies.
don't let him fool you, Niko, we do a fair amount of that as well. though, not with you, cause' you're a ***, & won't hang out with us.
lol its the only way to learn!

yeah! what he said!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2013-11-04 10:58:54
Link | Quote | Reply

they're just trying to validate all that money they spent on a piece of paper. after 250,000$, they better know more than some dumbass contractor.
Just got this one that...made a set of plans, and when he had to adjust/modify a page, he did. But then he had to modify it again, did he go to the one he just modified to use? Nope, he started with another original sheet. And did that again, for another modification. And this was for like 40 pages...that have more than one version, because the changes don't contradict each other and he did not incorporate them all into the same page/sheet.

And when I realized what he did...I was like "are you *** kidding me????" I don't know if it was incredibly stupid or ridiculously evil...
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2013-11-04 11:01:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Just got this one that...made a set of plans, and when he had to adjust/modify a page, he did. But then he had to modify it again, did he go to the one he just modified to use? Nope, he started with another original sheet. And did that again, for another modification. And this was for like 40 pages...that have more than one version, because the changes don't contradict each other and he did not incorporate them all into the same page/sheet.

And when I realized what he did...I was like "are you *** kidding me????" I don't know if it was incredibly stupid or ridiculously evil...
Engineers for oil/asphalt producing machinery will plan out some impossible ***that they have to change several times. I dunno how they do it.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-11-04 11:18:57
Link | Quote | Reply

If only...

LOL! I make no where near that and I'm closing in on six years experience. My salary is only $20,000/year more than what I paid for five years of school. :/ Would I have chosen ARCH/SE, ARCH/Sustainable ARCH, or ARCH/CE instead of ARCH/ARCH History (Durrrrr...), I would be waaaaaaay better off.

Ugh! It's depressing when I'm reminded of that.

EDIT:
with no Z. she must get no breaks.

Well, I would have more breaks if I could manage to get my hands on some Adderall. Oh! I could blow through so much almost ten years ago when that was easy to get.

I'm going to curl up in a fetal position and cry myself to sleep tonight.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-11-04 11:25:40
Link | Quote | Reply

My dad was an architect. He hated it. He went to Skyarch back when it first opened. Did really well in the 80's. Then in the 90's he was pissed because he had to re-educate himself with respect to AutoCad i.e no more drafting by hand. He told me never get into architecture unless deep down you were a masochist. He did move up the ladder to partnership at a multinational architectual firm. He was the manager of the Kaiser Permanente Hollywood renovations at the turn of the century... ummm I forgot the point of all this...oh yeah "shut'em down" hit 100pgs.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2013-11-04 11:27:21
Link | Quote | Reply

If only...
LOL! I make no where near that and I'm closing in on six years experience. I only make $28,000 more than what I paid for five years of school. :/ Would I have chosen ARCH/SE, ARCH/Sustainable ARCH, or ARCH/CE instead of ARCH/ARCH History (Durrrrr...), I would be waaaaaaay better off.
I must be misunderstanding what you're saying because that makes it sound like you're pretty well off lol...
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2013-11-04 11:31:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
ummm I forgot the point of all this...oh yeah "shut'em down" hit 100pgs.
Yeah it did!
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-11-04 11:37:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Which is why my advice to you, young male brothers, is to do your own laundry and clean up after yourselves. It's only a matter of time before there isn't a chihuahua close to hand and it's your nuts that get sent through the uprights... /shoots hands up in the classic field goal position

you can always tell the clueless males...they are dressed to match their children on family outings... complain when there is no ice cream... they hardly notice their balls are missing after a while... sad really.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-11-04 11:44:15
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL! I make no where near that and I'm closing in on six years experience. My salary is only $20,000/year more than what I paid for five years of school. :/ Would I have chosen ARCH/SE, ARCH/Sustainable ARCH, or ARCH/CE instead of ARCH/ARCH History (Durrrrr...), I would be waaaaaaay better off.

you misunderstood that, 250k was my guess @ what all that schooling costs.

I'm probably way off.

you can always tell the clueless males...they are dressed to match their children on family outings... complain when there is no ice cream... they hardly notice their balls are missing after a while... sad really.

homey don't play that ***.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-11-04 11:49:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I would have more breaks if I could manage to get my hands on some Adderall. Oh! I could blow through so much almost ten years ago when that was easy to get.

I'm going to curl up in a fetal position and cry myself to sleep tonight.

that's ok with me. (like you give a ***, lmao)

there's maintenance on 14 all night tonight, I think.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-11-04 11:49:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
My dad was an architect. He hated it. He went to Skyarch back when it first opened. Did really well in the 80's. Then in the 90's he was pissed because he had to re-educate himself with respect to AutoCad i.e no more drafting by hand. He told me never get into architecture unless deep down you were masochist.

He did move up the ladder to partnership at a multinational architecual firm. He was the manager of the Kaiser Permanente Hollywood renovations at the turn of the century... ummm I forgot the point of all this...oh yeah "shut'em down" hit 100pgs.

Well, of course now 3-D molding software and ARCHI-CAD are par for the course, and they're part of your curriculum in during undergrads. I hate hand drafting. LOL!

The most misleading thing in this stage is when you come to the conclusion that you deluded yourself with how much creative leeway you would actually have. It's about the client, and usually the client has bloated or impractical expectations. Then, there's the internal bureaucracy of everyone down the line. Client demands, like I said, conflict with practicality, and if there is an oversight in say HVAC/Mech or structurally to accommodations must be made (addenda throughout all involved, which is fine unless there's a lapse in communication), and the client usually only focuses on aesthetics. It's a *** headache.

I'm just at a small, local firm. I really don't have room to complain, because it is a steadier pace, and I'm given a little more accommodation and leeway since starting a family.

I must be misunderstanding what you're saying because that makes it sound like you're pretty well off lol...

We're fine. I'm just saying that Mosin and I probably make around the same when you take cost of living into consideration and he probably has a couple more years of experience as a MECH-E than I do in ARCH, but I'm definitely not making anywhere near a quarter of a million. I wish though.

EDIT: Still fumbling with the idea of saying, "*** it!" and teaching.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 16221 16222 16223 ... 18549 18550 18551