Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2013-03-21 14:01:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
nothing worth anything is ever easy.

Agreed.

I'm worried I can't do it; I think it's a normal, healthy fear.

But if I do it, in one year I walk out of here with a year of salary, my loans "taken care of", leading a team of people that work for me that I built.

If I can do it, I will have done something truly great.

If I can't, I may *** up my graduating on time.
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
Server: Siren
user: Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-03-21 14:42:08
Link | Quote | Reply

If it's going to pay off all your student loans in one year then who cares if you don't finish on time lol...
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-03-21 15:15:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xueye said: »
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
As much as I like blind leaps of faith into the pit of despair...
Spoiler Alert! Click to view.

I would need more details before rendering my own judgement on said actions in the event that whatever bizarre set of circumstances occurred prior to this, caused such desperation that it would lead you to seek such council.... as my own.

Typically, I wait and gather as much information as possible. I move with lightning speed but only after I have all the available information. But I wait and listen and hypothesis, it is in my nature to do so, like a consigliere. I like to play devil's advocate.

What are we talking about? Gambling? With money or friendship or loyalties? Is this an investment scheme? What are you risking? Is it something you can afford to loose? But there are a great many variables and if I have to guess them all it will take a considerable amount of time that I don't have....

I got asked if I was ready to go to work full time and put school as a second priority. I would do both at once, only 9-12 credits/term for the last 2 terms. 40-50hr work weeks, 12 credit hours.

And my university, it is *** hard.

It would kill me for a year, but if it works out, my future is golden.

Hmmm...

If I remember correctly, your graduation should be coming around the bend. =D The way I remember it, you had to have a minimum of twelve hours a semester to keep financial aid money flowing. Twelve isn't too bad while working, but I was only working thirty to thirty-five hours while I was in school.

I'm inclined to agree with the others. If you come out clean post-graduation (little to no debt), and you already have a position lined up, you already have an advantage that most newly-grads don't. At least you won't have to throw elbows to get interviews, and God knows how many of your peers will be competing for a position like yours.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-03-21 15:17:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xueye said: »
But if I do it, in one year I walk out of here with a year of salary, my loans "taken care of", leading a team of people that work for me that I built.

Tuition reimbursement?
 Siren.Mosin
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2013-03-21 15:26:41
Link | Quote | Reply

how's Z today?
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-03-21 15:31:44
Link | Quote | Reply

how's Z today?

Ran amok with the madre and the bambino this morning. One of our stops was Ikea, and I am proud to announce that I did buy a single thing there! :) Take that, impulsiveness!!!

/pats self on the back

How's your day going?
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-03-21 15:35:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
how's Z today?
Ran amok with the madre and the bambino this morning. One of our stops was Ikea, and I am proud to announce that I did buy a single thing there! :) Take that, impulsiveness!!! /pats self on the back How's your day going?

nice, that sounds relaxing.

hhhmmmm........ good! nothing interesting to report. I guess I got to go have lunch with my buddy & his fiance, that was fun, but he wouldn't let me pay -.- hate that ***.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-03-21 15:43:19
Link | Quote | Reply

nice, that sounds relaxing.

hhhmmmm........ good! nothing interesting to report. I guess I got to go have lunch with my buddy & his fiance, that was fun, but he wouldn't let me pay -.- hate that ***.

Is this the one you went to Vegas with last week?
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-03-21 15:45:32
Link | Quote | Reply

nice, that sounds relaxing. hhhmmmm........ good! nothing interesting to report. I guess I got to go have lunch with my buddy & his fiance, that was fun, but he wouldn't let me pay -.- hate that ***.

Nope. I was there with another estimator from work.

my other friend & her husband were just there gambling / drinking by coincidence.

Niko stood me up.

you better not if I ever decide to mess with texas!
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-03-21 15:56:28
Link | Quote | Reply

nice, that sounds relaxing. hhhmmmm........ good! nothing interesting to report. I guess I got to go have lunch with my buddy & his fiance, that was fun, but he wouldn't let me pay -.- hate that ***.

Nope. I was there with another estimator from work.

my other friend & her husband were just there gambling / drinking by coincidence.

Niko stood me up.

you better not if I ever decide to mess with texas!

Fredricksburg!

Itinerary as follows:

1.) Vinyards!

2.) Walk around the town with a wine hangover, and laugh at the absurdity that is chickens and roosters! Those are dinosaur kin, what?!? (Random free-range rooster sightings while hungover is hysterical!)

3.) Drink more!
[+]
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2013-03-21 15:59:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Haha pretty psyched that you can drink again?
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-03-21 16:02:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope. I was there with another estimator from work. my other friend & her husband were just there gambling / drinking by coincidence. Niko stood me up. you better not if I ever decide to mess with texas!
Fredricksburg! Itinerary as follows: 1.) Vinyards! 2.) Walk around the town with a wine hangover, and laugh at the absurdity that is chickens and roosters! Those are dinosaur kin, what?!? (Random free-range rooster sightings while hungover is hysterical!) 3.) Drink more!

sounds fantastic!

I have acted like a fool in foriegn locals before, but not with a purple mouth / teeth, it's a plan. :D

O man, my neighbors keep chickens (we're not exactly in the country either, so yes, it's kinda wierd), and the rooster has officially lost it's *** mind. in the last 6 months or so the ***'s been crowing at noon, 6pm, midnght, or whenever it feels the need. It's *** wierd as ***! I was out smoking in the absolute silence and dark that is my neighborhood past 11pm, & I hear that crazy *** crowing!!! well ***it's crow is all dilapidated and old, so it sounds more like someone screaming for thier life, I god damn near went for the pistol.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-03-21 16:17:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spence said: »
Haha pretty psyched that you can drink again?

Honestly, it's kind of a waste when you pump and dump, because you're basically pouring out liquid gold, so...I think I may as well give it another four-and-a-half-months.

I did get goofy the first night my mom came in. After dinner, the BF excused himself to go enjoy some "bro-time", so I took the opportunity to get on LoL for the first time in months. Uri, Hev, and I were seven types of HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, and the next morning was a reminder of why I shouldn't drink for a while anyway.

I have acted like a fool in foriegn locals before, but not with a purple mouth / teeth, it's a plan. :D

O man, my neighbors keep chickens (we're not exactly in the country either, so yes, it's kinda wierd), and the rooster has officially lost it's *** mind. in the last 6 months or so the ***'s been crowing at noon, 6pm, midnght, or whenever it feels the need. It's *** wierd as ***! I was out smoking in the absolute silence and dark that is my neighborhood past 11pm, & I hear that crazy *** crowing!!! well ***it's crow is all dilapidated and old, so it sounds more like someone screaming for thier life, I god damn near went for the pistol.

Well, there's always peach wine too!

LOL! The rooster chimes like church bells! I would be pissed too. That's always spooky in the dead of night.

I live in a pretty urban area, but a couple of weeks ago when I was trying to get the kiddo to sleep again around 2:00 AM I heard coyotes! I took me a minute, but I finally came to the conclusion that those weren't dogs. The dogs that were going crazy in my neighborhood sounded nothing like the howls that were echoing back and forth.

Quick! Someone send in Governor Perry with a pistol!
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-03-21 17:04:53
Link | Quote | Reply

This old timer I know works for game fish & parks over here, & shoots hundreds of coyotes a day out of this little crop duster, & says he doesn't even put a dent in the population. the threat is real. hide yo babies.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-03-21 18:56:49
Link | Quote | Reply

This old timer I know works for game fish & parks over here, & shoots hundreds of coyotes a day out of this little crop duster, & says he doesn't even put a dent in the population. the threat is real. hide yo babies.

I think learning to pilot a plane (a little crop-duster) would be fun!

Anyway, yeah...They're bad in this state too. There is a little sick satisfaction that comes from camping on hay bales with a .22 and sniping coyotes. I'll admit that.

I used to love going to my friend's ranch as a teen and do just that. Her family had horses and a few sheep that would mysteriously disappear. Actually, goofing off with guns and bows is SO MUCH FUN ON HORSEBACK! I miss riding horses once in a while, even though I probably should have died or been paralyzed the one time I was bucked and ate it.

Her's was the bachelorette party I blabbed about a while back.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-03-22 09:28:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I think learning to pilot a plane (a little crop-duster) would be fun! Anyway, yeah...They're bad in this state too. There is a little sick satisfaction that comes from camping on hay bales with a .22 and sniping coyotes. I'll admit that. I used to love going to my friend's ranch as a teen and do just that. Her family had horses and a few sheep that would mysteriously disappear. Actually, goofing off with guns and bows is SO MUCH FUN ON HORSEBACK! I miss riding horses once in a while, even though I probably should have died or been paralyzed the one time I was bucked and ate it. Her's was the bachelorette party I blabbed about a while back.

wierd, I was thinking the same thing on the way back from vegas. (wierd because it takes me 2-3 whiskeys to be able to fly w/o freaking out)

morning Ni.

the black hills are frosted & quiet this morning, nothing really interesting to report. O, I guess I could post a picture of ze snow this morning off my front porch, brb.
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2013-03-22 09:32:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Morning ni. Mos I killed a would be assassin planning to take your life.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-03-22 09:32:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Skulloneix said: »
Morning ni. Mos I killed a would be assassin planning to take your life.

strange. I'm not even in charge of anything....

how the hell is saul today?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2013-03-22 09:35:55
Link | Quote | Reply

What the.......who....told you????????
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2013-03-22 09:36:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Now I'm pan kicking and paranoid. Brb. Sending out my ninja assassins to counter act a leak of intelligence.
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2013-03-22 09:40:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi~
hmmm have not posted here in a while, and the place looks kinda clean...

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

carry on.
-walks away-
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-03-22 09:41:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Misao said: »
Hi~ hmmm have not posted here in a while, and the place looks kinda clean... (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ carry on. -walks away-

nice! now mag's gotta show up to clean this ***up.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2013-03-22 09:52:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm doing good Mos. Actually besides stressful work. 5 bids this week before yesterday. All done. Boss been a pita. But good.

Also I forget that shortly after I resigned from Ni temporary regent that Sagi made me official regent of subligaria. :3
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-03-22 09:58:12
Link | Quote | Reply

you sent me a music file one day from your personal e-mail. and though I try so hard to forget, I remember everything.

[+]
 Asura.Abysswalker
Server: Asura
By Asura.Abysswalker 2013-03-22 10:00:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Keep that white ***over there! D:<
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-03-22 10:01:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Abysswalker said: »
Keep that white ***over there! D:<

I hope you're not east of me then, because if you are.......

too bad, so sad.
[+]
 Asura.Abysswalker
Server: Asura
By Asura.Abysswalker 2013-03-22 10:02:44
Link | Quote | Reply

NC D:
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-03-22 10:06:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Abysswalker said: »
NC D:

too far south, you;re prolly safe.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2013-03-22 10:15:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Give me the snow! I need it. And bury NC in it too!

Also. Ohhhhh yah. I'll recall my ninjas. ^^ I have one of those memories too :/
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2013-03-22 10:20:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Man I missed coyote talk? Sigh....
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 15856 15857 15858 ... 18549 18550 18551