Cerberus.Kalyna
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2011-01-20 11:24:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Rowland said:
Quetzalcoatl.Xueye said:
Sylph.Anjali said:

PSP2 likely to be announced this month says a lot about how great PSP is doing lol.

So PSX, PS2, XBox, etc were bad systems, indicated by the fact there they went up with the generations? O.o
Yea what Sect said.

That's like saying, the DS must suck because they're coming out with a 3DS to replace everything you knew and loved.
It's Nintendo, they come out with a new system every year or two while Sony and Microsoft... every 50 years (or as it seems cuz i'm an old fart)

But it seems like the next gen of consoles are probably going to come soon. (seriously, stop it Sony. I'm scared of this: )
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2011-01-20 11:28:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Anjali said:
Oh and FYI - all the security on PS3 and PSP has been hacked within the past month. Another reason why PSP2 will come out sooner than expected.
and having sony get trolled by microsoft
http://kotaku.com/5738644/microsoft-ready-to-appease-ps3-hacker-with-windows-phone
 Ramuh.Urial
Server: Ramuh
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2011-01-20 11:28:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Rowland said:
Ramuh.Urial said:
Ramuh.Kalyna said:
Sylph.Anjali said:
People still play Pokemon? :O
It's the #1 game of Japan in 2010 (Black&White)
and the #7 game in USA in 2010 (HeartGold&SoulSilver)
This was also the year that Wii Sports resort got 8th and Wii fit got 5th.....says a lot about the market as a whole.
*** casuals taking over...
inorite!
shouls also be said ffxiv although sucking got like 9th. the others in the top woulda been
4. FFXIII
3. Battlefield Bad Company 2
2. CoD MW2(launched 09 yet still managed to be 2nd best seller impressive seeing as that game had sold millions by xmas 09)
1. Mario
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2011-01-20 11:29:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
They come out with a new DS every three months ._.'
By the time I want a 3DS, it'll be a 3DS SP XL3 v 2.0
http://kotaku.com/5738561/meet-the-nintendo-dsi-extra-extra-extra-large
ohsnap
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-20 11:29:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Anjali said:
Oh and FYI - all the security on PS3 and PSP has been hacked within the past month. Another reason why PSP2 will come out sooner than expected.
I'll hack you!
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2011-01-20 11:30:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
They come out with a new DS every three months ._.'
By the time I want a 3DS, it'll be a 3DS SP XL3 v 2.0
http://kotaku.com/5738561/meet-the-nintendo-dsi-extra-extra-extra-large
ohsnap

Lolol ._.'
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-20 11:31:57
Link | Quote | Reply

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2011-01-20 11:32:51
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a success in Japan, but that's about it. It's pretty damn rare to find someone with a PSP outside of hardcore gamers that need every platform possible.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2011-01-20 11:33:01
Link | Quote | Reply

PSP has been a giant success for the consumer, not for Sony. That's my take on it.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-20 11:34:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
It's a success in Japan, but that's about it. It's pretty damn rare to find someone with a PSP outside of hardcore gamers that need every platform possible.

Weirdly enough, all of my friends have one.

The reason the DS is such a success is because its casual as ***.

MOST of the hardcore gamers pirate the good DS games.
 Ramuh.Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2011-01-20 11:36:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:

Most people I knew in HS as well as quite a few in college had one...not to mention every little kid i've seen on a plane playing ds while playing psp(i was mind blown the first time i saw this)
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-20 11:37:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Anjali said:
Quetzalcoatl.Xueye said:
PSP has been a giant success for the consumer, not for Sony. That's my take on it.

Why? because in reality it doesn't have hundreds of great games like other platforms and is now easily hacked? lol

Like I said already, love my PSP but I really don't see how anyone can argue about it being a giant success story for anyone.

The DS has hundreds of great games? News to me.

The PSP has more good games but less games overall.
 Ramuh.Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2011-01-20 11:38:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Anjali said:
Quetzalcoatl.Xueye said:

Why? because in reality it doesn't have hundreds of great games like other platforms and is now easily hacked? lol

Like I said already, love my PSP but I really don't see how anyone can argue about it being a giant success story for anyone.
If PSP is easily hacked, the door was left open on nintendo DS seeing as you can DL any game for it and put it on a memory card. Yeah I'll pay $100 for a hand held i can get EVERY game for free.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2011-01-20 11:39:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:

Weirdly enough, all of my friends have one.

The reason the DS is such a success is because its casual as ***.

MOST of the hardcore gamers pirate the good DS games.

Yeah. I don't even know if there's a PSP emulator out or not. All of my gamer friends have one for games such as Persona, Disgaea, Dissidia, and those Vocaloid music games (they look amusing, I won't lie). I personally cannot sit on my computer to play a handheld game, so I actually buy DS games.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2011-01-20 11:40:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Urial said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:

Most people I knew in HS as well as quite a few in college had one...not to mention every little kid i've seen on a plane playing ds while playing psp(i was mind blown the first time i saw this)

There was ONE person I saw with a PSP at my high school. One. >_<
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2011-01-20 11:40:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Anjali said:
Quetzalcoatl.Xueye said:

It's always been easily hacked, and that is why it has been a success for the consumer. It's also got a massive underground following that create applications for it and such.

I view anything hackable as a massive success because it gives the consumer more power to use their property than the company intended.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-20 11:41:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Anjali said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Sylph.Anjali said:
Quetzalcoatl.Xueye said:

You choose to single out DS for the purpose of a fanboy type argument. Point proven. I love my PSP, haven't played my DS for over 12 months and spend more time using my also comparatively unsuccessful PS3 than both lol But please continue... PSP was a giant success!!!! lol

So your comparing the PSP to a home console then?

It doesn't quite work like that. Also PS3 unsuccessful?
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2011-01-20 11:42:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Ramuh.Urial said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:

My high school banned handhelds. .-.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-20 11:43:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Anjali said:
Ramuh.Urial said:
Sylph.Anjali said:
Quetzalcoatl.Xueye said:

If PSP is easily hacked, the door was left open on nintendo DS seeing as you can DL any game for it and put it on a memory card. Yeah I'll pay $100 for a hand held i can get EVERY game for free.

Completely missing the point - enough people buy the DS and the games for it, for developers to continue making tons of games for it. The problem with PSP from day 1 has been a lack of good games for it over the lifespan, I'm not talking about the few months someone random owned it since last year. And now that it's easy for anyone to use a firmware hack, there is even less incentive for developers to continue working on it, ergo PSP2 will be coming out sooner rather than later.

What is this argument about again? Oh yes, PSP was a great success.

It depends how you're defining success.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2011-01-20 11:43:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Rowland said:
I'm not even sure what we're really debating about right now.

We don't care about sales. If there is a game we want to play, we play it. End of the story.

I wanted to play Dissidia/Crisis Core/Kingdom Hearts etc, so I bought a PSP.

I wanted to play Pokemon/Kingdom Hearts/Various Mario Games etc, so I bought a DS.

Hey, hey HEY!
You....you cut that out. Man.

Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Ramuh.Urial said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:

Well so did ours (as most do since it's a 'distraction') but that didn't stop people from sneaking them, bwahahha.
 Ramuh.Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2011-01-20 11:44:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Ramuh.Urial said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:

you went to HS when gameboy(the big brick one) was top of the line hand held.
/trollface
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-20 11:45:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Anjali said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Sylph.Anjali said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Sylph.Anjali said:
Quetzalcoatl.Xueye said:

You choose to single out DS for the purpose of a fanboy type argument. Point proven. I love my PSP, haven't played my DS for over 12 months and spend more time using my also comparatively unsuccessful PS3 than both lol But please continue... PSP was a giant success!!!! lol

So your comparing the PSP to a home console then?

It doesn't quite work like that. Also PS3 unsuccessful?

I see your fanboy gene is selectively missing words and context again. Comparatively. So I'm guessing PS3 was bigger than PS1 and PS2 now? and PSP is the most successful handheld ever?

Get a grip guys. I've already said like 5 times now, I love my PSP lol

Ps. Need to go for dinner now, lata!

You're a *** mong.

Like seriously.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-20 11:45:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't even know how someone can be that misinformed and deluded, it boggles the mind.
 Ramuh.Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2011-01-20 11:46:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh snap Fli called her a Mo...wait a wat?
Damn you people from the UK and your crazy slang!
First Page 2 3 ... 12393 12394 12395 ... 18549 18550 18551