Game: FFXI
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2011-01-20 10:59:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Ramuh.Urial said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Ramuh.Urial said:
90% or more of psp games utilize the psp graphic abilities....lets take your favorite game pokemon....it doesn't even remotely utilize the capabilities of a DS which is sad because they aren't that high to begin with. Of course DS has probably sold more it's dirt cheap and kids break them like nothing. remember how much psp was at its time of launch?
Good graphics don't make a good game =P /coughFFXIVcough
no apparently remaking the same game with the same elements 10+ times just adding new monsters that do the same ***with different names makes it good /coughpokemoncough
also comparing a mmo to a console based game is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. EVERY mmo is defective at launch. yes xiv was worse than others but thats the perk about mmo over your average offline game. you can change them /gasp
then let's compare it to FFXIII

also you complain about remaking the same game, what about Black Ops or your Fifa games that you always play?
black ops multi player is similiar but different also the storylines in those games is either different or a continuation of the same storyline. you haven't played it to know what your talking about. how is ffxiii similiar to any games that share its name? it's hardly at all. fifa has no story it is a sports game not an rpg or action game with a story line. pokemon literally is the same game they have made no advancements on.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2011-01-20 11:00:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Rowland said:
Albeit Final Fantasy actually does change everything other than the names. Battle systems change, Music changes, People, Places, and even the Spells changed names from I, II, III to -ra, -ga, -ja
Pokemon adds new stuff (and it does change people, places, music too)

note: now there's 3v3 battles and rotational battle (which is interesting)

Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2011-01-20 11:00:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Young Neil, from this day forth you shall be known as... Neil.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2011-01-20 11:00:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Even when the battle systems were changed, it is still:

->Attack
Magic
Summon
Defend
Item

._.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2011-01-20 11:04:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Urial said:
black ops multi player is similiar but different also the storylines in those games is either different or a continuation of the same storyline. you haven't played it to know what your talking about. how is ffxiii similiar to any games that share its name? it's hardly at all. fifa has no story it is a sports game not an rpg or action game with a story line. pokemon literally is the same game they have made no advancements on.
That's what I'm saying about pokemon too. Maybe if you've played the recent pokemon games that aren't remakes (i.e. Platinum, Diamond and Pearl) and play, one game from and older series, it's the same diff. Same concept, same stuff but different stories.

Also FFXIII is similar to FFVII as Lightning is a Cloud-look-a-like
=P

Besides the stories are the same of your party saving the world from evil (as is every other RPG game out there)
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2011-01-20 11:04:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Rowland said:
I think they need to make another Super Mario RPG.
/agree
 Ramuh.Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2011-01-20 11:05:38
Link | Quote | Reply

My main point is the storyline is tweak. I don't feel as though I'm playing the exact same game everytime. It's always something different you're trying to achieve. In pokemon honestly it's the same thing. level little monsters to beat your rival who will always try to thwart you in every single situation ever(garymotherfuckingoakpic). the advancements in FF are much larger than any advancement pokemon has made. even the new games are just new continents with the almost the exact same layout. the difference between ff's is major especially in 7-14 when console limitations expanded and allowed for more than just flat plains that move horizontally and vertically.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2011-01-20 11:10:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Rowland said:
I think they need to make another Super Mario RPG.

Giving Mario...dialog...?
IN MY NINTENDO!?
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2011-01-20 11:10:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Urial said:
My main point is the storyline is tweak. I don't feel as though I'm playing the exact same game everytime. It's always something different you're trying to achieve. In pokemon honestly it's the same thing. level little monsters to beat your rival who will always try to thwart you in every single situation ever(garymotherfuckingoakpic). the advancements in FF are much larger than any advancement pokemon has made. even the new games are just new continents with the almost the exact same layout. the difference between ff's is major especially in 7-14 when console limitations expanded and allowed for more than just flat plains that move horizontally and vertically.
Your FF to Pokemon comparison is very bad. You're comparing storylines to concept.

FF still has the same concept as it did back at FF1. Leveling up, Beating up Bosses and epic ending video.

FF stories differ since FF1

same goes with Pokemon, same concept of catching animals and fighting them with other people and leveling the crap out of them so you can beat your rival (which now in Black/White it's your best friend) and kick the Champion's *** but the stories of each games are different.

That's the point I've been trying to tell you
 Ramuh.Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2011-01-20 11:12:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Ramuh.Urial said:
Your FF to Pokemon comparison is very bad. You're comparing storylines to concept.

FF still has the same concept as it did back at FF1. Leveling up, Beating up Bosses and epic ending video.

same goes with Pokemon, same concept of catching animals and fighting them with other people and leveling the crap out of them so you can beat your rival (which now in Black/White it's your best friend) and kick the Champion's *** but the stories of each games are different.

The point is it's the same exact story with the names changed every time...
 Titan.Prefalin
Server: Titan
user: Prefalin
By Titan.Prefalin 2011-01-20 11:12:50
Link | Quote | Reply

gonna go buy PSP games today since i only have FF7 CC and MH cause prob gonna skip class yay snow and having a fast car that slides like a penguin
 Ramuh.Vinvv
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-01-20 11:14:48
Link | Quote | Reply

morning.

Sylph.Anjali said:
'Merkan people still play Pokemon? :O
ftfy
only if they want to be like the trendy kids.
*** that ***.
i'm playing digimon.
>.>
<.<
not.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2011-01-20 11:15:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Urial said:

It may sound crazy, but I agree with Kal. It really isn't. And they add tons of new stuff in each generation. Pokemon is no different than any other franchise. Tales series, Disgaea series, Golden Sun series, Zelda series; same ***, different toilet.
 Ramuh.Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2011-01-20 11:15:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Anjali said:
People still play Pokemon? :O
we use 2 words to describe said peopl
Forever alone.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2011-01-20 11:15:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Urial said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Ramuh.Urial said:

/sigh

Why are you even arguing when you've never played the newer Pokemon games?

Sylph.Anjali said:
It's the #1 game of Japan in 2010 (Black&White)
and the #7 game in USA in 2010 (HeartGold&SoulSilver)
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2011-01-20 11:18:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Anjali said:

What the hell is a Valkyria?!
/levels up Pikachu
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2011-01-20 11:19:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Anjali said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Ramuh.Urial said:

It may sound crazy, but I agree with Kal. It really isn't. And they add tons of new stuff in each generation. Pokemon is no different than any other franchise. Tales series, Disgaea series, Golden Sun series, Zelda series; same ***, different toilet.

Said it right there.

FYI, PSP having better graphics means nothing. I have PSP and DS... DS has like 100x more fun games to play than PSP. There is a reason DS is more popular and it has nothing to do with only kids playing it.

PSP2 likely to be announced this month says a lot about how great PSP is doing lol.

Ps. I still play with my PSP more only because of a certain game. Haseyo knows what I'm talking about :)
Persona 3 Portable =D!!!

and soon Persona 4 Portable and Persona 2 Portable

and Persona 5
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2011-01-20 11:19:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Anjali said:

PSP2 likely to be announced this month says a lot about how great PSP is doing lol.

So PSX, PS2, XBox, etc were bad systems, indicated by the fact there they went up with the generations? O.o
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2011-01-20 11:21:08
Link | Quote | Reply

They come out with a new DS every three months ._.'
By the time I want a 3DS, it'll be a 3DS SP XL3 v 2.0
 Ramuh.Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2011-01-20 11:22:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Anjali said:
It's the #1 game of Japan in 2010 (Black&White)
and the #7 game in USA in 2010 (HeartGold&SoulSilver)[/quote]
This was also the year that Wii Sports resort got 8th and Wii fit got 5th.....says a lot about the market as a whole.
First Page 2 3 ... 12392 12393 12394 ... 18549 18550 18551