Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2013-08-05 14:08:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Full AF Walkthrough:

Requirements - RUN99, RUN Limit Break completed
*All quests require you to zone out of East Adoulin after completion to flag the next one

Quest One - Forging New Bonds
1) Speak to Octavien to flag the quest.
2) Proceed to the Inventor's Coalition and speak to Gaddiux.
3) Go to the Adoulin Waterfront and check the Barrel in the alleyway.
4) Grab your Sowilio Claymore or an Elixir and go to Rala Waterway (entrance near the Mog House in Western Adoulin).
5) Examine the Tomato Vantage Point on the opposite end of the Arboretum for a cutscene. Inquire about the flame gem to receive a key item. Trade your Elixir/Sowilio Claymore to the point to receive your Rune Blade key item.
6) Grab an ifritite and a strong party of 4~6 people and proceed to (K-8) Moh Gates. Trade your Ifritite to the Magma Rift for a cutscene.
7) Buff up and examine the Magma Rift to spawn a Gefyrst NM. The NM will nuke with high powered Ice and Water based spells as well as perform the TP moves Spectral Floe (Terror + Ice damage) and Scouring Spate (Removes weapon + water damage). It takes significantly reduced physical damage, so your best course of action is to use Lunge and magic attacks to deal damage. After defeating the NM, everyone in the party that has the quest active (regardless of job) will receive the flame gem key item and everyone else will receive 7,000 Bayld. Examine the rift one more time before moving on.
8) Return to the barrel at the Western Adoulin Waterfront for a cutscene. You must now wait until the next Vana'diel day before examining the barrel one last time and returning to Octavien for your reward.

Quest Two - Legacies Lost and Found
1) After zoning, speak to Octavien to flag the quest.
2) Proceed to Port Windurst and speak to Ohruru in the Orastary.
3) Choose any three of the Strange Apparatus (http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Strange_Apparatus) and make your way to each of them. There will be a point behind each that you can examine, it will only give you the required dialogue if you examine it with three of the opposite runes to the element of the apparatus that you're visiting. For example, you need three Sulpor runes at the Crawlers' Nest apparatus. You may visit all eight apparatus and receive a key item from each one if you so desire.
4) Return to Ohruru after you've visited as many of the apparatus as you please. She will give you a quiz about runes and wards, be sure to keep track of how many questions she asks you too.
5) Return to Octavien. You will receive 2,000 bayld for each runestone that you recovered from the apparatus locations.
6) Return to the barrel at the Western Adoulin Waterfront for a cutscene. You must wait until the next Vana'diel day to pick up your reward, Runeist trousers.

Quest Three - Destiny's Device
1) After zoning, speak to Octavien to flag the quest.
2) Proceed to the Inventor's Coalition and speak to Gaddiux. Choose the option regarding Adoulinian Kelp.
3) Head out to Yahse Hunting Grounds and click on the Yahse Wildflower that you had to visit when you unlocked Rune Fencer. It will provide you with a key item.
4) Next you'll have to head to Marjami Ravine, the closest Bivouac to your objective is #2. To the East of Bivouac #2, in the river at the base of the waterfall, there will be a ???. Put up three Ignis runes and click on the ??? to receive a cutscene and another key item.
5) Head back to the Inventor's Coalition and speak to Gaddiux about Adoulinian Kelp once again for a cutscene.
6) Return to Octavien and prepare a strong party for an upcoming battle. I suggest bringing a BLM or SCH or two, and having melees capable of using Requiescat.
7) Head out to Foret de Hennetiel Bivouac #2 and go to the secret beach to the south of it. There will be a Bloodstained Glove on the shore. Examine it for a cutscene.
8) Once everyone has had their cutscene, click on the glove again to spawn an orobon NM. This NM has access to Mayhem Lantern, which is readied instantly and is thus unstunnable and not avoidable by turning. Make sure your mages are prepared to kite each time it uses this. He will build significant DT (either every 20~25% or every time he uses Mayhem Lantern) until he starts taking only 1 damage from melee attacks. At this point you'll have to use Requiescat and magic attacks (Lunge works) in order to defeat him. Once he's dead, everyone in your party who is on the quest will receive their key item and everyone else will receive 10,000 bayld. Examine the glove one last time for another bit of dialogue.
9) Head back to Octavien for your reward.

The Last Three Pieces - Craftapalooza
For each of these pieces you will require a few things:

1) Several crafting materials based on which piece you're making
2) Some bayld to pay for the piece of armor
3) A mithran tomato

In order to begin, examine the Tomato Vantage Point in Rala Waterways and ask about how to make the rest of your armor. You need to wait until the next Vana'diel day for each piece to be completed, and there is no wait time in between being able to make the next piece. To proceed, trade the materials needed as well as a mithran tomato to the vantage point, then wait until the next Vana'diel day. You may go to the barrel at the waterfront to get a few short lines of dialogue for each piece if you so desire, but this is optional. After the day has changed, return to the vantage point and you will be asked for the bayld payment and will receive your piece of armor.

Head:
2x Corroded Ore - Drops from worms in Cirdas Caverns
1x Rhodium Ingot
1x Vermillion Lacquer
12,500 Bayld

Hands:
1x Runeweave - May be purchased for 3,000 Bayld from Ugtoor outside of the Inventor's Coalition
1x Redoubtable Silk Thread - Drops from erucas in Yorcia Weald
1x Rhodium Ingot
1x Gold Thread
10,000 Bayld

Feet:
1x Runeweave - May be purchased for 3,000 Bayld from Ugtoor outside of the Inventor's Coalition
1x Redoubtable Silk Thread - Drops from erucas in Yorcia Weald
1x Uragnite Shell
1x Black Tiger Leather
10,000 Bayld
By ryujinsephy 2013-08-05 14:16:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Not yet, tried Cid and no go...
By brodude 2013-08-05 14:18:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Talk to Octavian, then you gotta do something in Rala...
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2013-08-05 14:18:15
Link | Quote | Reply

So far it's Octavian--->Gaddiux (Inventor's guild)-->Inconspicuous Barrel(waterfront I-4).
By Presidentmerman 2013-08-05 14:18:28
Link | Quote | Reply

What about Cids' son?
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2013-08-05 14:37:28
Link | Quote | Reply

brodude said: »
Talk to Octavian, then you gotta do something in Rala...

That would be the limit break quest, which I'm surprised that everyone who was interested in RUN AF didn't already do >_>;
By brodude 2013-08-05 14:44:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh lol. Whoops.
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-08-05 14:46:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
So far it's Octavian--->Gaddiux (Inventor's guild)-->Inconspicuous Barrel(waterfront I-4).

Should have checked here first, wouldn't have wasted time talkign to every NPC in Metalworks...
By Tickmeoff 2013-08-05 14:54:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone found where to go in Moh gates yet?

I've checked near every lava pool to no avail. Some guy popped an NM from the "Molten Rift," but it seems unrelated? Nothing I can do is popping an NM, at least.
 Phoenix.Thorbean
Server: Phoenix
user: Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2013-08-05 14:55:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Tomato Vantage Point at E-10 in Rala waterways after talking to the taru in the barrel. (Take an elixir or your lvl 1 GS).
By Siren.Fallfromgrace 2013-08-05 14:56:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Houd a spot behind reive in Moh Gates, Jps here popped an NM that killed them fast. Me and people with me can't get anything to happen.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-08-05 14:56:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Please ask those people how they popped the nm.
 Phoenix.Thorbean
user: Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2013-08-05 14:57:06
Link | Quote | Reply

You need a KI from rala.
By Tickmeoff 2013-08-05 15:01:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I have that KI, it is not used to pop the NM.
By Siren.Fallfromgrace 2013-08-05 15:02:24
Link | Quote | Reply

JP PLD here saying need KI and an Ifritite.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-08-05 15:02:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm glad the NPC says to go to Moh Gates and nothing gives you any indication of having to go to Rala first
By Siren.Fallfromgrace 2013-08-05 15:03:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Tickmeoff said: »
I have that KI, it is not used to pop the NM.
Where did you find KI in Rala?
 Phoenix.Xairu
user: Xairu
By Phoenix.Xairu 2013-08-05 15:10:45
Link | Quote | Reply

This Gaddiux guy isn't saying jack related to Rune Fencer....
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-08-05 15:15:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you complete your Rune Fencer LB? Seems that part needs to be completed before you can work on the AF quests.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2013-08-05 15:15:52
Link | Quote | Reply

If he isn't for you (maybe a quest is blocking it), I'm pretty sure he is skipable.
By brodude 2013-08-05 15:16:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Gotta do the RUN limit break and rezone before Octavian will start you on the AF quest.
 Phoenix.Xairu
user: Xairu
By Phoenix.Xairu 2013-08-05 15:20:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »
Did you complete your Rune Fencer LB? Seems that part needs to be completed before you can work on the AF quests.
Nope, I only had seekers on day 1 on pc then was without til just Saturday, guess its off to do lb!
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-08-05 15:21:15
Link | Quote | Reply

The LB quest is stupidly easy at 99. I just finished it myself a little while ago.
By Siren.Fallfromgrace 2013-08-05 15:29:10
Link | Quote | Reply

From what we've got so far;

CS at RUN NPC.
Hint CS at Inventor's NPC. (not needed)
CS at a spot called tomato something in Rala. (gets a KI)
Trade original RUN great sword or an elixir to same spot for another KI.
Molten Rift spot (K-8) in Moh Gates behind reive.

When i got to the Molten spot, saw an aegis PLD get annihilated. ^^
 Odin.Tsuneo
Server: Odin
user: Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2013-08-05 15:33:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, we've wiped twice to Staumarth.
By Tickmeoff 2013-08-05 15:35:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
I'm glad the NPC says to go to Moh Gates and nothing gives you any indication of having to go to Rala first

Talking to Octavien again tells you to go to Rala and talk to the taru's apprentice.

Kind of obtuse, but it's there.
 Fenrir.Deiago
Server: Fenrir
user: Deiago
By Fenrir.Deiago 2013-08-05 15:35:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Btw for the ppl with no inven space and tossed sword long ago, I used vile elixir and it worked just fine. So I'm guessing other cheaper options would work too. >.<
By kenshynofshiva 2013-08-05 15:40:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Tsuneo said: »
Yeah, we've wiped twice to Staumarth.

Damn what did you in? What kind of fight is I figure crazy magic but never know...
By Siren.Fallfromgrace 2013-08-05 15:48:08
Link | Quote | Reply

It's one the newer water/ice elemental types. We're about to try it with an ally of 12...
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-08-05 15:48:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Staumarth is a bit crazy and magic heavy. It tends to spam AoE water and ice magic, and as a hybrid elemental, is unique in that it can uses a TP move called Scouring Spate. It's an Ice based elemental attack that also causes terror.

Incredibly weak to fire damage.
First Page 2 3 4 5