LV 106+ Pet With -11% PDT Or LV 99 Pet With -22% PDT ?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » LV 106+ Pet with -11% PDT or LV 99 Pet with -22% PDT ?
LV 106+ Pet with -11% PDT or LV 99 Pet with -22% PDT ?
By ariurban 2013-07-27 01:14:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi was hoping someone could help me out,

Currently I have 2 LV 99 Astolfo axes with VIT +11 and PET:Phys dmg taken -11%. One in Main hand and one in sub-weapon hand.

Which would be better overall for pet?

A LV 106 Forfront axe making my pet LV 106 for main hand and subhand would be my lv 99 Astolfo axe with Pet:Phys dmg taken -11% , OR
A LV 99 Astolfo axe keeping my pet at LV 99 for main hand and subhand would also be another Astolfo axe with Pet: Phys dmg taken -11%.... making my pet have a total of -22% PDT but only lv.99 pet.

I don't know how much a Pets defense goes up from LV 99 to LV 106 (or even higher with a better delve axe), to outweigh a -11% PDT trial axe on main hand.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks
[+]
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2013-07-27 01:32:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I have all of the BST axes except the nq delve one. I find it better to use them on lower tier mobs honestly. Like Fodder for example I really dont see it being worth it to NOT use astolfox2 on anything you are trying to solo/lowman honestly. The defense and eva boost is nice but its mainly for killspeed imo and anything that you are trying to kill would have high enough acc to eat your pet still anyways except maybe dipper since i almost exclusively use falcor
By ariurban 2013-07-27 01:38:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the information :D

Guess my question is mainly, what is the defense for a lv 106 pet vs. a lv 99 pet?

and

LV 99 pet with -22% PDT or LV 106 pet with -11% PDT?

sorry to confuse everyone.
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2013-07-27 02:06:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Its not high enough to counter losing 11% pdt. I think its similar to the other animators which is like +30 eva defense acc or something around that
By Kyler 2013-07-27 02:22:56
Link | Quote | Reply

You cant call beast with a higher level axe and then switch to pdt/offensive axes?
By ariurban 2013-07-27 02:25:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah, I read somewhere that when you swap out your main weapon to a lower weapon, your pets HP drops too :p too bad ;;
 Fenrir.Trump
Server: Fenrir
user: trump
By Fenrir.Trump 2013-07-27 03:12:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know which is better. I'd just test 106 axe + pdt and see how that works vs two pdt axes. I never got the pleasure to get a pdt axe, but I do use a forefront axe, as I had no luck in getting into delves or get the axe to drop from marjami wildskeeper. I too heard/read somewhere if you remove your main weapon after summon, the pet drops level as well.

I been testing in Ceizak with Falcor, Lulush, and Sieghard(thinking lizards>insects). I seem to be able to solo mobs the best with Falcor, but get the most out of col. reives with Lulush. Sieghard just dies too quickly unfortunately.

All I got is Forefront Axe + Monster gloves +2(without augments) at the moment. One cool tip in col reives is that you can heal your pet to full with reive unity bonuses. I tend to farm until a col reive pops then run over to get my pet healed during the col. reive. Saves a ton on pet biscuits! Good luck!
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2013-07-27 03:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 309273

I use this but still havent decided which to mainhand cuz of the skill+
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-07-27 03:50:36
Link | Quote | Reply

It depends what you do really. I used the delve axe in Dynamis Bubu and noticed a major difference in both mine and my pets damage output.

The only problem is, is that you may kill mobs before they stagger, but at least you can kill more mobs so if you have lots of mobs around (which if you go in at the right time, you definitely will) you can just make your way through them all.

All PDT axes do is maybe make you use slightly less food, but with a stronger pet, the mobs are going to die quicker anyway.

Eg. You have three mobs all staggered, your pet can fantod for more damage with a new 100+ axe then before, and you can take a huge chunk (or one shot) mobs with Ruinator, making PDT axes useless.

However, if it came to anything big, that takes damage off your pet really really bad, and you personally have to stand back, then yes, PDT Axes would be better. For something like that, you will need food and dawns though, and you may just be trying to solo it to see if its possible, but in reality, you really should find a duo or trio.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-07-27 03:56:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Xzeikx said: »
ItemSet 309273

Hunahpu all the way. It has a higher level on it for the pet, Icoyoca is a decent offhand until you rank up the delve axe.
 Siren.Attaxia
Server: Siren
user: Attaxia
By Siren.Attaxia 2013-07-27 04:35:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I would always go for Forefront/Astolfo. The 7 level increase gives sizable offensive and defensive bonuses.
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
ItemSet 309273

Hunahpu all the way. It has a higher level on it for the pet, Icoyoca is a decent offhand until you rank up the delve axe.
That is a Kerecahtl.

I have no idea what that Axe combo has to do with this thread, but they are interchangable; main hand Kerecahtl when you don't benefit from the Acc/Att from Hunapu's Axe skill.
[+]
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2013-07-27 04:37:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Attaxia said: »
I would always go for Forefront/Astolfo. The 7 level increase gives sizable offensive and defensive bonuses.
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
ItemSet 309273

That is a Kerecahtl.

I have no idea what that Axe combo has to do with this thread, but they are interchangable; main hand Kerecahtl when you don't benefit from the Acc/Att from Hunapu's Axe skill.
Im half asleep i meant to say i havent had a chance to test it in any real situations due to specific jobs needed but its a decent boost from the Ilvl but i still would go with pdtx2 on anything you are lowmanning.
By Mavrickx 2013-07-28 10:49:43
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 309273

On the test server you gain more +skill with Kerehcatl in you main slot, so look forward to that come august.
 Bahamut.Zangada
Server: Bahamut
user: zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2013-07-28 10:59:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would u use those earrings over brutal and suppa? Also is mikinaak feet rank 15 better than af+2?
By kenshynofshiva 2013-07-29 07:50:32
Link | Quote | Reply

If you DW really should stick to the old standard and just use those for weaponskill if no Tp bonus earring. The new 106 axe makes more of a difference overall if you have 5/5 beast affinity and augmented monster gloves +2 it was very noticeable different in Dynamis X vs DC mobs and the Hanapu just goes to a whole new level my mule for the first time kicked my *** in the parse like I wasn't fighting he and his crab was destroying stuff and taking low damage the crab had a 75% evasion rate. Oh and my mule only has 300 axe skill and no Ruinator just rampage all the things.
By Mindfulpizza 2013-07-29 09:40:48
Link | Quote | Reply

kenshynofshiva said: »
If you DW really should stick to the old standard and just use those for weaponskill if no Tp bonus earring. The new 106 axe makes more of a difference overall if you have 5/5 beast affinity and augmented monster gloves +2 it was very noticeable different in Dynamis X vs DC mobs and the Hanapu just goes to a whole new level my mule for the first time kicked my *** in the parse like I wasn't fighting he and his crab was destroying stuff and taking low damage the crab had a 75% evasion rate. Oh and my mule only has 300 axe skill and no Ruinator just rampage all the things.

This so true, while I was not fighting DC mobs, me and my buddy that are bst, we were doing dyna tav. and we both were using the droopy rabbits, I needed to finish my monster hands +2, I had the lv106 and he had delv lv113 and no monster hands were used and still were aoeing with droopy for like 2.2k on the easy prey mobs.

When we change back to lv99 one was only like 900 damage were not able to kill all the bats in the tunnel that way or 5 worms at onces. with the lv106 were killing all the bats on just the two tp moves we each build up. foot kick was 1.2k at lv99 and the lv106+ weapons like around 2.8k got my 20k exp and only used one pet food. No def axes.