Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Why do you hate Wildskeeper
Why do you hate Wildskeeper
By cycojoe79 2013-07-24 21:40:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Just got through Marjami Ravine for the 4th time to get crap drops.
So far i got 1st pebble, 2nd geo cape, 3rd velkk necklace,
4th Voray staff. Farming for hours for poor results is what is ruining this game.

What is your worst experiences in these battles?
 Carbuncle.Luthian
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Luthian 2013-07-24 21:53:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I hate when people confuse Colonization Reive and Wildskeeper Reive.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Absolutezero
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Absolutezero 2013-07-24 21:53:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't hate them, personally. The cost of the kis was reduced to something more reasonable last update and there are several ways of farming bayld. You get a personal pool but unlike voidwatch, you are guaranteed one item. And on top of that, after killing them all you get to choose another item of your choice. I like how SE handled this event.
 Phoenix.Ayrendel
Server: Phoenix
user: Ayrendel
By Phoenix.Ayrendel 2013-07-24 21:57:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Absolutezero said: »
guaranteed one item

My first Yumcax was depopped mid-fight by emergency maintenance. My second, I fought it from 65% getting evaluations the whole time and received only an arborscent seed. Third time, I had used the quest to get Buremte gloves, so I either got them again or the glitch from the 2nd time happened again, as I received nothing. I want my guaranteed drop.
[+]
By cycojoe79 2013-07-31 21:08:59
Link | Quote | Reply

So again, i spent 4 hours farming balyd, 1 hr fighting hurkan
for a voray staff -1. Is it even worth it anymore?
 Bahamut.Samunai
Server: Bahamut
user: Samunai
By Bahamut.Samunai 2013-07-31 21:13:15
Link | Quote | Reply

stop doing it then if you are annoyed by the drops...
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2013-07-31 21:15:07
Link | Quote | Reply

At least you got a cape lol I keep getting pebbles, but it's good bayld so I don't care.
 Pandemonium.Etherion
Server: Pandemonium
user: Etherion
By Pandemonium.Etherion 2013-07-31 21:23:56
Link | Quote | Reply

One of the worst parts about WKR is that anyone can join- and ruin it for everyone.

On Asura, NA Yumcax fights tend to be all-day ordeals. I've been in several of them where whole hours were spent just wiping and rewiping due to random people who didn't understand aggro and linking behavior.

When you've fought Yumcax for 10 hours, getting a log or pebble is a bit frustrating.
By daddyrabbit4444 2013-07-31 21:28:55
Link | Quote | Reply

once you get the win, you can pick w/e you want from the library so im happy, could care less what it drops.
By Pantafernando 2013-07-31 21:32:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Well i hated at start but after 3 nasty drops things got way better, getting nice rewards.
Unfortunelly still need the damn bullet.
I think the secret to get good drops is having all jobs lv99. While you have a job lv1, expect you to get a weapon for it. No point in a mage getting xbalanque...
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2013-07-31 22:07:29
Link | Quote | Reply

daddyrabbit4444 said: »
once you get the win, you can pick w/e you want from the library so im happy, could care less what it drops.

Most people want more than one or two things from them.
By DuzellLevi 2013-07-31 22:14:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Its nice to say "I was getting evaluations the whole time" but there seems to be a minimum threshold of total xp/bayld earned to qualify for the good drops. Just how much bayld did you earn each run?
 Cerberus.Diabolique
Server: Cerberus
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-07-31 22:17:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't like(Was it or was it not patched?) that you have a chance to get nothing for 12 hours of your time. The library quest would be even better if they allowed you to repeat it somehow, after getting KI's again at least.

Kinda hate that anything could ever take 12 hours to...

Sort of wish the fights were actually fun. Just Smns and Cors on the NM is kinda bland. Not the game's fault exactly but still sort of sucks.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Feint
Server: Lakshmi
user: feint2021
By Lakshmi.Feint 2013-08-01 17:15:52
Link | Quote | Reply

That you need an army of CORs and SMNs.
[+]
 Odin.Calipso
Server: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2013-08-01 17:52:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Hours and hours of fighting with the possibility of getting zero drops. It's possible for the game to roll you an item you already have, and then you get nothing. Although I'm sure it's intended, they seriously need to change that ***.
 Siren.Knivesz
By Siren.Knivesz 2013-08-01 17:55:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Calipso said: »
Hours and hours of fighting with the possibility of getting zero drops. It's possible for the game to roll you an item you already have, and then you get nothing. Although I'm sure it's intended, they seriously need to change that ***.

Indeed working as intended.
 Bahamut.Zangada
user: zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2013-08-01 17:57:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I also learned that u need to participate enough to get something, idk what that exactly means but as a rdm debuffing and curing I got nothing on my 1st try.
 Carbuncle.Gasher
Server: Carbuncle
user: Gasher
By Carbuncle.Gasher 2013-08-01 18:27:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know if it's somehow possible to re-do the WKR's in first(3 WKR's) or second(2 WKR's) group and then have ANOTHER shot at picking a free item? Or is it just that one time when you complete what I assume is a continuation of the "Order up" quest?

In other words and shorter - Is it somehow possible to get to pick yet another item after one wins the WKR's again?
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-08-01 18:28:22
Link | Quote | Reply

It is not currently repeatable.
 Bahamut.Slytribal
user: Slykun
By Bahamut.Slytribal 2013-08-01 18:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone seems to believe you trade the KIs in for the rewards, the KIs actually have nothing to do with them. You give your 'info' to the library on the Naakuals, and for this info they give you your rewards, you still keep the KIs and therefore it is unrepeatable due to this reason. Once you have done this, you can read up on the info on the Naakuals in the library.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2013-08-01 19:25:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Getting bad drops why the hell is a pebble in something like WKR? Hell we did Hurkan yesterday around 6pm EST that thing didnt die till 9:45PM all I got was a damn pebble. We should get one items they know damn people don't want trash. Honestly just dont wanna spend 4hours+ doing the same thing for no results.
 Ragnarok.Presidentobama
Server: Ragnarok
user: kasain
By Ragnarok.Presidentobama 2013-08-01 19:28:39
Link | Quote | Reply

The fact that out of 22 jobs its pretty much bring cor smn pup bst. Whats the point gearing up a dd or nuke job only to do meaningless dmg vs a pet job. In addition you will need mass cures unlike a pet.

If they could do one thing to make it enjoyable add auto reraise like woe. No need for temps though.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2013-08-01 20:19:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Ayrendel said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Absolutezero said: »
guaranteed one item

My first Yumcax was depopped mid-fight by emergency maintenance. My second, I fought it from 65% getting evaluations the whole time and received only an arborscent seed. Third time, I had used the quest to get Buremte gloves, so I either got them again or the glitch from the 2nd time happened again, as I received nothing. I want my guaranteed drop.

If the second time was after the glitch was fixed by a maintenance, then yes- you just got a drop you already had. While I understand the frustration, you really should have saved your guaranteed drop if there were other things that you wanted off of it.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Loughry
Server: Ragnarok
user: Loughry
By Ragnarok.Loughry 2013-08-01 20:21:42
Link | Quote | Reply

daddyrabbit4444 said: »

Could not, could not, could not, could not, could not, could not.
[+]
By Skillium 2013-08-04 01:48:52
Link | Quote | Reply

What exactly do you have to do to receive drops... I've done 2 WKR in Yorcia so far, participated the whole time in both, made 30k bayld each time, and all I've gotten from each of them were herb seeeds.. T_T. Am I not doing enough? Idk how much more I could possibly do.. haha.
 Leviathan.Ayrlie
Server: Leviathan
user: Kimmy78
By Leviathan.Ayrlie 2013-08-04 14:55:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Our first NA Yucmax fight was like 6 hours long (did not bother to do it, I was at work). Since then the good HNM ls has learned to pull Yucmax to the entrance of the WKR, everyone not in the main NM alliance goes to the edge of the big area (but stay within sight of Yucmax), only pull the pops closest to that spot (most of the plantoids prefer to stay on the opposite end). Yucmax is QD by the Corsair army when QD is ready and Wind Blade when it gains that Aura. I don't have the exact makeup of the main NM alliance but it usually involves multiple PLD in end-game stuff, several COR, 1 enfeebling RDM (its susceptible to Paralyze), couple SMN, and some back line support.

For adds, all the summoners should help out on adds unless they are called for the Wind Blade. They should use Spring Water and Whispering Winds whenever possible, as the adds got moves that is LoS Sleep, AoE poison, and AoE Gravity/Blind. They should avoid Rage Blood Pacts just to save on MP and to ensure it is ready for when they really need it. If you are not in the main NM alliance (some WKR groups issue special linkshells to these people like I have seen JP groups do; others are in the alliance with that group leader), you need to help with adds.

Reive unity key item was a life saver epsecially for Yucmax. It was not a major help for Hurkan unless you was in the main NM alliance. I learned on Hurkan just pull all adds to the opposite wall where Hurkan is at. Hurkan was a big pain in the *** with his big TP moves but the adds were much easier to kill and did not have all the annoying stuff like the Yucmax fight.

The last NA Yucmax fight took just under 1 hour with 115 peeps. I have seen JP Hurkan take less than 45 minutes with 200 peeps. When you do WKR it should be all hands on deck even if you are not actually engaged on the mega boss.

The drops I been getting in the fight have been ones I don't need.