Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » new bayld shield - Huactzin
new bayld shield - Huactzin
 Quetzalcoatl.Taerra
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Taerra
By Quetzalcoatl.Taerra 2013-07-19 08:56:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone had the chance to try it yet ? I suspect it should be weaker than the delve shield.

Don't have an aegis/ochain yet ( still in the works ) and wondering if it's worth blasting 30k bayld on this while I wait on something better.

description says "increases chances of successful blocks, not sure if that's for reives only though. It's bellow the "in reive, Def : 44"
By Synria 2013-07-19 09:12:57
Link | Quote | Reply

The increases chance of blocks is for Reives only. That's all I can tell you about the shield.
By Pantafernando 2013-07-19 09:41:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Nowaday pld must have aegis and/or ochain. Anything bellow that wouldnt fit imo so dont expect being picked in delves or tank new nakuual with that. That said, just get it if you think this shield could speed/give easier time in your aegis/ochain farm, but if you think about the price, its pretty cheap, and probably better than any shield in ah. 30k bayld can be farmed in 3 hours. Not that much pain.
 Quetzalcoatl.Taerra
By Quetzalcoatl.Taerra 2013-07-19 09:57:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Nowaday pld must have aegis and/or ochain. Anything bellow that wouldnt fit imo so dont expect being picked in delves or tank new nakuual with that. That said, just get it if you think this shield could speed/give easier time in your aegis/ochain farm, but if you think about the price, its pretty cheap, and probably better than any shield in ah. 30k bayld can be farmed in 3 hours. Not that much pain.

I never said I would use it for adoulin end-game content. It's more of an "in-between" to help me achieve a higher tiered shield.

As for farming 30k bayld in 3 hours, how do you pull that off ? I've dabbled in reives and coalition quests, but nothing paying that much. Never joined a bayld party though yet. Friend of mine tells me theres a way of making ridiculous amounts of bayld in the new miramar ravine zone.
 Fenrir.Genesi
Server: Fenrir
user: Darcc
By Fenrir.Genesi 2013-07-19 10:30:27
Link | Quote | Reply

2.5K~ @ 4 Reives per hour x 3 hours = 30K. More if you do coalition assignments at the same time. When it's a prime time some where you will usually find 5-10+ people in Ceizak doing reives. It's quite a joke how easy reives are to low man now.
 Quetzalcoatl.Taerra
By Quetzalcoatl.Taerra 2013-07-19 10:35:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
2.5K~ @ 4 Reives per hour x 3 hours = 30K. More if you do coalition assignments at the same time. When it's a prime time some where you will usually find 5-10+ people in Ceizak doing reives. It's quite a joke how easy reives are to low man now.

I soloed a lair reive last night in ceizak, top to finish and earned a measly 500, where are you guys getting those big amounts ???
 Fenrir.Genesi
Server: Fenrir
user: Darcc
By Fenrir.Genesi 2013-07-19 10:41:50
Link | Quote | Reply

With the lower difficulty in Reive, I usually go MNK/DNC now and Hundred Fist everytime I get a JA reset. Even so, back before the nerf I would run on BST and get comparable numbers (2.5k+) as well. Also, I've never gotten good amounts of bayld doing a Lair. Just stick to colonization reives and you'll be rollin'.
By Pantafernando 2013-07-19 11:28:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Here in bahamut reive in ceizak and majarmi are totally unproductive (to me at least as thf) because it finish in 2 min, earning 700 bayld per win and more 200 for the only evaluation.
So what im doing now is going to yahse. There, there isnt to much people, generally 7 or 8. There are 4 reives there. If you manage to join a colonization reive with more 2 people at max, you keep almost an entire root for you to hit. Spamming ws and haste samba, result, if the reive is just 3 or 4 people, almost 4k. And as that take some time, the moment you finish one, another is up already, so you practically dont stop.
So thats the hint. Avoid places with large number of guys so you can deal more dmg (remebering evaluation take in consideration dmg and cures).
Lair reive give less bayld than colonization reive, but SE is planning to change that in future also.
 Bismarck.Zagen
Server: Bismarck
user: Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2013-07-19 11:55:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Taerra said: »
Anyone had the chance to try it yet ? I suspect it should be weaker than the delve shield.

Don't have an aegis/ochain yet ( still in the works ) and wondering if it's worth blasting 30k bayld on this while I wait on something better.

description says "increases chances of successful blocks, not sure if that's for reives only though. It's bellow the "in reive, Def : 44"
No heavy testing but I can say it's no ochain even in Yahse/Ceizak. It works in those zones, once I got 3 links on me in Marjami I had to switch to Delve Shield to keep up. So if you have the means to get the delve shield it's a better stop gap shield.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-07-19 12:03:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Taerra said: »
I soloed a lair reive last night in ceizak, top to finish and earned a measly 500, where are you guys getting those big amounts ???

Lair reives give very, Very small rewards.
 Quetzalcoatl.Taerra
By Quetzalcoatl.Taerra 2013-07-22 07:13:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
No heavy testing but I can say it's no ochain even in Yahse/Ceizak. It works in those zones, once I got 3 links on me in Marjami I had to switch to Delve Shield to keep up. So if you have the means to get the delve shield it's a better stop gap shield.

Ok thats a given, my question was more, is it better than an AH shield, or not worth picking up until delve/aegis/ochain ?
By Pantafernando 2013-07-22 07:33:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bayld weapon generally is better than ah in the main numbers.
And i tried what guys said in the your other post and thats very true.
Farming bayld is cake if you are willing to spend an amount of gil (not so much though). Bought 5 simulacrum, shouted for bayld farm, got 6 members (they contributed with more 2 simulacrum), 7 runs x5k = 35k bayld. If you have all ready, waypoints done, rushing, 30 mins for that (spend almost 2 hours because members didnt have access to cirdas, i had like 4 or 5 runs where we had to search, taking like 10 mins each, etc). Used, that moment, 60k per simulacrum, so 300k, but thats because i was willing to bank all that. Could ask everyone to contribute, so would be just 60k. Skirmish bayld sometimes could take 1 min to finish (when ascencion is right at right).
Well that said, im seeing you would like to try the shield but dont want to use bayld. Seeing how easy is to get bayld by skirmish, i recomend you to get it. Even if later you will discard.
Well, and if there is a shield better than bayld one, im almost sure you probably wont be able to get it bellow a 200kish gil.
But whats the best shield in ah? And what shield are you currently using?
 Quetzalcoatl.Taerra
By Quetzalcoatl.Taerra 2013-07-22 07:58:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I second the bayld farm, I focused a lot doing reives in marjami this weekend, I managed to buy 4 pieces of thurandaut, the forefront axe and the convocaller (smn item to boost avatars). Thats close to 100k bayld.

I didn't think there was such a difference in bayld yield in higher level zones. And all I did was going as SMN, spamming bloodpacts and curing.

As for shield, I'm using butznar at the moment.
 Diabolos.Raelia
Server: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2013-07-22 08:15:18
Link | Quote | Reply

There's an update coming, currently on the test server, that is adding +Skill like the weapons from the Tier 2 Naakuals to all the Bayld/Plasm/DelveCraft SoA weapons, including Shield Skill.

And currently on the test server this massive skill bonus is pushing block rates beyond the original supposed caps. The Delve material crafted shield is out-blocking Ochain.

Linky.
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2013-07-22 08:15:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldnt bother theres better ah options unless you are ONLY using it in reives or you could look for/make a PW shout for Adamas. Obviously the plasm shield is a better option. With the update bringing a huge boost in shield skill it would be one of the better option behind ochain for block rate. Idk what this is going to do with aegis block rate which might fall to 3rd or 4th in line =| I would assume this update to shields could force SE to do an update to ochain and aegis. Though the main reason for aegis is the MDT and ochains block rate is already capped.
By Pantafernando 2013-07-22 08:20:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I saw someone saying that dev team dont want to let ochain/aegis fall from top.
So i guess those shields will be best even after update. But of course some good shields will come, after all, being a pld have been one of the hardest jobs to level, as you need to do all those hard trials, while all dds just need do a week plasm farming to be someow good, or a day wildeskeep reive.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-07-22 08:25:42
Link | Quote | Reply

looks like on the test server those shields are gonna become pretty damn sick with added shield skill as all gear above 100 is getting from what seems 50 - 250ish skill added changes most everything:

Quote:
Sea Torques
Martel's Avatar Join Date
Sep 2010
FFXI Server
Ragnarok
Default Killedar Shield(now with 215 more skill!) <,<

Expect August to be upgraded like no other time in SE history with the gear and weapon changes.....
 Quetzalcoatl.Taerra
By Quetzalcoatl.Taerra 2013-07-22 08:29:23
Link | Quote | Reply

HAH it'll be the august player rentention "don't migrate to FFIV" lol.

seriously though, the +skill gear is nuts, if they apply this to items that are more easely obtainable like bayld and to some extent delve ... damn
By Pantafernando 2013-07-22 08:34:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah.
Bayld gear is lv106. In se mind, that mean a player that use them will jump his level to lv106, so technically, player must have a 7 level worth skill to gain, so at least some 35 skill+, making bayld gear a little more atractive than ah stuffs (limited for lower levels).
About your shield, seems excelent for physical, but you would like to bring the bayld one for magic stuffs.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-07-22 08:41:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Buramenk'ah
DMG:130 Delay:240
STR+13 Accuracy+10 Attack+10
Sword Skill+242 Parrying Skill+242
Double Attack+3%

Halachuinic Sword
DMG:104 Delay:228
Accuracy+6 Attack+5
Sword skill+162 Parrying skill+162

Mikinaak Greaves
DEF:59 HP+9
STR+6 DEX+3 VIT+7 AGI+15 MND+1 CHR+13
Attack+10
Evasion+25 Magic Evasion+45
Store TP+5 Haste+4%

Karieyh Sollerets
DEF:37
STR+11 DEX+11 VIT+11 AGI+9 MND+3 CHR+8
Accuracy+10 Attack+10
Magic Evasion+25
Store TP+5 Haste+2%

Forefront Blade
DMG:71 Delay:247
Accuracy+11 Attack+7
Sword skill+63 Parrying skill+63
Reives: DMG:89 Accuracy+25

A few sample changes Christmas coming early.....
 Diabolos.Raelia
Server: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2013-07-22 09:03:01
Link | Quote | Reply

+63 on the second tier Bayld gear.
By Pantafernando 2013-07-22 09:14:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Soon they will need to add scroll down function in gear description...
[+]
By kenshynofshiva 2013-07-22 09:20:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically headed towards having stats so high it really will be wear what you like out of fashion sense more than dps/pdt changes >.>.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-07-22 10:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
I saw someone saying that dev team dont want to let ochain/aegis fall from top.
So i guess those shields will be best even after update. But of course some good shields will come, after all, being a pld have been one of the hardest jobs to level, as you need to do all those hard trials, while all dds just need do a week plasm farming to be someow good, or a day wildeskeep reive.

Dev team did say something, I think, that implied this. They also indicated that Aegis and Ochain would not be getting updates... And then they screwed Ochain.

Granted, ochain still has one major use. That's being able to cast with 45 mobs on you with it's 100% block rate, which seems easier to cap than most shields but it's no longer king of physical damage reduction due to it's low damage reduction(-66% compared to Killedar Shield -87%). Martel was able to push Killedar's block rate to 94.17% on level 105 mobs but we'll have to see how effective it is against endgame mobs.

SE did say they wanted to make REM's item level 118 or 119 and then leave them there. If they are willing to include shields, then that might secure their place for a bit longer.

I'm waiting for the SoA megaboss to drop a +5 to all songs horn and "Adds 3 additional song effects" harp. Then I'll go die.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-07-22 10:56:17
Link | Quote | Reply

So basically you won't need Ochain in order to play PLD. Too bad PLD play is limited to holding some trash mobs while the DD handle the actual threat.
By Pantafernando 2013-07-22 11:49:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
So basically you won't need Ochain in order to play PLD. Too bad PLD play is limited to holding some trash mobs while the DD handle the actual threat.

Not really at all.
I cant see how to be victorious against nakuual without pld with his aegis/ochain.
In the last 2 wildeskeeper reives is totally the oposite. Pld hold the nakuual, smn and cors do the main dmg and delves war, drk, mnk, sam and everything else just can fight the trash mobs.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-07-22 11:59:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

Not really at all.
I cant see how to be victorious against nakuual without pld with his aegis/ochain.
In the last 2 wildeskeeper reives is totally the oposite. Pld hold the nakuual, smn and cors do the main dmg and delves war, drk, mnk, sam and everything else just can fight the trash mobs.
He's saying with the new shield(after the next update), there is a new option.