Good Way To Start SoA?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » good way to start SoA?
good way to start SoA?
 Shiva.Yaryoor
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Yaryoor 2013-07-14 06:29:05
Link | Quote | Reply

since the expansion came out i have only done some colonization reives to buy few armor pieces and that was it.
and now i am looking to do more endgame activities but i have no idea how and where to start.
will i need to do quests to unlock them? should i run around and get every waypoint? and many more questions
i would appreciate it if someone gave me a list of the things to do.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mckenzee
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Mckenzee 2013-07-14 07:24:25
Link | Quote | Reply

the quick rundown is kinda simple

start your missions and assignments

1-6; Life on the Frontier requires you to use at least 20 coalition imprimaturs.

Since you can only get 15 imprimaturs at a time, use this time to spam quests for fame, many are as simple as running around and talking to people. Also, many quests reward bayld and xp,

Once you have your dinner invitation, you gain the ability to buy Wildskeeper reive entry key items. For every 4 ranks in coalitions that you rank up using imprimaturs, there's a discount to the cost of wildskeeper reives. In addition to easy bayld, that's a good reason to keep spamming imprimaturs. Before the update raising the rank to partner, it was quite easy to get 70k bayld a week just for running supplies to foret or morimar. Why should you do wildskeeper reives? There are several good reasons. First off, the naakual drop really good gear, with a virtually guaranteed single drop. Secondly, each defeated naakual also gives a key item. These key items let you lead groups into delve fractures, and it's been hinted at will be useful in the future.

Delve is it's own beast, it has no requirements, but is quite challenging to people just starting out. The naakual crest key items are only required for the alliance leader to start. The first priority for anyone starting delve is to get the 6 basic key items. Foret, Morimar, and Ceizak each have 5 nms. Defeating a t1, t2, or t3 will yeild an impure "color" yggzi key item, defeating a t4 or t5 will grant a semipure "color" yggzi key item. Each of the six key items allows the purchase of different pieces of delve gear for plasm points. Plasm is gained by defeating delve nms outside or anything inside the fractures. Reading up on BG wiki is your best bet for understanding more about delve.

TL;DR
1a: Missions
1b: Coalition Assignments
1c: Fame quests
2: Wildskeeper Reives
3: Delve KI
4: Plasm farm/buy delve gear
[+]
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2013-07-14 08:29:18
Link | Quote | Reply

You should get all the frontier stations+bivouacs and even the enigmatic warps in cirdas/rala, since you don't wanna be "That guy" that everyone has to wait on because you dont have a warp point.

I still run into people that don't have KIs like watercrafting, make sure you have Logging/Watercrafting/Demolishing and the most recent one "Climbing" from Marjami Ravine.
[+]
 Shiva.Yaryoor
By Shiva.Yaryoor 2013-07-14 16:53:45
Link | Quote | Reply

alright thanks for the detailed info :)
 Lakshmi.Feint
Server: Lakshmi
user: feint2021
By Lakshmi.Feint 2013-07-14 17:51:32
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're looking for endgame...check out the many job guides on these forums. You'll find the gear you need doesn't just come from adoulin. If you've done this...well then the post above will be much help.
 Quetzalcoatl.Taberifx
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Taberif
By Quetzalcoatl.Taberifx 2013-07-14 18:07:44
Link | Quote | Reply

1 missions
2 coalition assignments
3 maps
4 ki clears
5 bayld/plasm farm
 Shiva.Yaryoor
By Shiva.Yaryoor 2013-07-14 18:57:07
Link | Quote | Reply

small question:which coalition should i spam? which is the easiest and which gives better reward (or any bonus) as i rank up?
By Luvbunny1 2013-08-12 02:55:38
Link | Quote | Reply

The easiest to spam is the Courier, deliver at Ceizak, spam every 3 days for 15 tag, 5 runs. You can also farm bloodthread from Uglyrange Abusea, make 3-4 stacks and spam the inventor coalition, gather rala waterways. Also sign up to Ceizak Clear on Pioneer's Coalition. Look at the quests, see which one is repeatable and spam those as well. You may have to farm a few things.

There are several things you must do, non negotiable lol.
1. See if you have support jobs leveled, you need at least one or two. Bard and Corsair are good to have. Make sure they are well geared and your bard must have at least 350 singing skills and Abusea AF3+1 gears at the very basic. Red Mage is also good, but you have to really gear your red mage to the max, so may be a bit too much work.

2. Try to level healer jobs, and master this, but if you hate healing and do not understand what WHM does on endgame, maybe don't bother.

3. You can also focus to work as stunlock scholar. This is a lot of works though, you have to do several of the older contents to gear your stun set gears.

3B. You should finish the main missions of older content, some do have good accessories that are still valid. You should also try to fully experience Neo Nyzul and Meeble Burrow, they have some good gears even by SoA standards.

4. IF you cannot do list 1-3, in case you play DD only.... You can farm bayld by joining those bayld farm party, each run should net you 30k bayld, so if you are doing multi runs, can get 90k in an hour. USE this to buy your level 106 gears. Augment those as well. Then see if you can do skirmish but you fight the mobs to get those skirmish weapons. The Skirmish II sets will have comparable slightly less damage than delve weapons. Some weapons may have higher based damage than delve weapons. But if you have level 95-99 R/M/E weapons, you should be fine if joining pick up group plasm farm.

5. You do want to farm bayld regularly, by doing the skirmish bayld farm, skirmish weapon+spells farm to sell (geo spells are 200k). You should make old school party set up and go explore colonization reive in Marjami and Yorcia as well, Morimar and Foret. Get those nice pop up items to sell for good money.

6. If you are rich, just buy those level 110 and up craftable weapons at AH. With that weapon and your level 106 augmented gears, and AF3+2 or some Relic +2, you can come as DD (or mage or support) and join delve plasm farm.

7. Get ready to pull your hair out and curse people.... So many newbies have absolutely no clue on what it means to work together in a group, they end up ruining your run and wasting your time because they just want to do delve but do absolutely nothing in gearing and at least knowing their roles + jobs and following leader instruction. The good players will learn fast in 2-3 runs, the decent one will take 10 runs or more. The bad ones, you may as well black list these, they just want to leech and slow down your run, instead of the acceptable 7k per run, you get 3-4k due to massive wiping, sometimes 200-500 plasm due to wipe at start lol.
[+]