Guillotine Question
First Page 2 3 4
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2009-07-08 08:12:20
Link | Quote | Reply

The modifiers for Guillotine are 25% STR and 25% MND.
Does the STR modify damage and MND modify the silence affect?
If so, would Marine M Boots be a wise choice for a lvl 63 hume DRK, or should I stick with Fourth Division Sabatons due to the multi-hit nature?
 Siren.Enternius
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-07-08 08:13:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah, STR and MND both mod damage.
That being said, STR+3 > MND+3 for WS purposes, And the MND-3 on RSE boots would still put you at positive results overall.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Server: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-07-08 08:25:15
Link | Quote | Reply

The Marine Boots are excellent until Rutters > Heca.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-07-08 08:26:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, if anything, AF feet have MND+5 on it. Boots with STR+3 on them would still be better but Marine are offset by the MND-.
 Siren.Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2009-07-08 08:26:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, thank you, you both were very helpful.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-07-08 08:36:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Chaos +1 feet, Heca and Ares are all top choices for Guillo later on.

For now, Marine M, Savage Gaiters, Fourth or even AF1 are good choices depending on race. Also I think there is taru RSE with STR on them but I'm not familiar with the RSE besides hume/mithra.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-07-08 08:38:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Taru RSE have STR+4 on them, yes. Problem is, Thoraeon is Hume, and Hume RSE feet have conflicting stats.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-07-08 08:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah :( worst case scenario is that the str3/mnd3 will cancel out and you'll be left with acc+2 atk+2 feet which aren't bad at all. Best case scenario, the MND won't matter.

I'd still take them over anything else at that level methinks.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-07-08 08:45:30
Link | Quote | Reply

But MND+5? And a 25% modifier on that is pretty nice.
That being said, It's been almost 4 years since I was DRK, I can't remember what I used.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-07-08 08:57:18
Link | Quote | Reply

5 Mnd is ok, but considering the other positive effects from STR besides the WS mod + the Acc from the dex, Marine Boots should win out over nqAF.

Forgot about af+1 later on, but yeah they are good too.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-07-08 08:59:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Marine boots are definitely better, I'm not arguing that. Problem is, they're also 400k and only a tiny bit better.

Then again, people tend to pay lots of money on items just because others buy the same thing. Hagun, for instance, is only marginally better overall than Onimaru, but costs 40x as much and people still buy it.

-Puts up Barfire-
 Siren.Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2009-07-08 09:06:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yeah, I have both AF boots and Marine M Boots, so buying them is not an issue for me.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-07-08 09:47:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
Marine boots are definitely better, I'm not arguing that. Problem is, they're also 400k and only a tiny bit better.

Then again, people tend to pay lots of money on items just because others buy the same thing. Hagun, for instance, is only marginally better overall than Onimaru, but costs 40x as much and people still buy it.

-Puts up Barfire-

You better have a full fire resist build too, for the mardginal *** whoop I'm bout to put on you :D
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-08 09:52:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I just bought a Hagun recently for my friend to use until I hit 72 Samurai. >.> I'll still be getting the Onimaru for when I have 300% tp on ws's though. Plus, Onimaru's only ~150k or so atm.

As for the Guillotine question... loldrk :P

I'd go with Luisant feet or Feral Ledelsens instead of the Marine feet.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-07-08 09:57:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
I just bought a Hagun recently for my friend to use until I hit 72 Samurai. >.> I'll still be getting the Onimaru for when I have 300% tp on ws's though. Plus, Onimaru's only ~150k or so atm.

You know, with sekkanoki now, there is no point is having oni for 300tp WS's right.

If you do med to 300 pre fight. Sekki > Rana > Gekko > Darkness ftw.
And, even if you don't have Rana, Sekki > Gekko > Kash > Fusion or Sekki > Yuki > Gekko > Frag. Oni is an excellent GKT for those who can't afford Hagun but for Hagun owners it really has no use.

(The ONLY thing I can think of owning one for is if the rest of your gear is too weak and you need a higher base to not hit for 0's on stuff like Love/Kirin/Justice etc.)

Edit: Also, Drk is badass if your not a moron.
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-08 09:59:01
Link | Quote | Reply

*Shrugs.* I'll keep it for inv-1 then. :P
 Bahamut.Delrosa
user: Delrosa
By Bahamut.Delrosa 2009-07-08 10:08:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Frobeus said:
Tbest said:

You know, with sekkanoki now, there is no point is having oni for 300tp WS's right.

If you do med to 300 pre fight. Sekki > Rana > Gekko > Darkness ftw.
And, even if you don't have Rana, Sekki > Gekko > Kash > Fusion or Sekki > Yuki > Gekko > Frag. Oni is an excellent GKT for those who can't afford Hagun but for Hagun owners it really has no use.

(The ONLY thing I can think of owning one for is if the rest of your gear is too weak and you need a higher base to not hit for 0's on stuff like Love/Kirin/Justice etc.)

Edit: Also, Drk is badass if your not a moron.

You forget one little thing, the TP Bonus on Hagun doesn't go off with sekki or 2 hr. Only reason I havent sold my Oni, when you gotta zerg a fight Oni is way better than Hagun. Personally would never spend the gil on a Hagun, I bought my Oni and then took the time to hunt my Hagun. I like my Hagun just dont think it worth 3 mil or whatever they at atm.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-07-08 10:16:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Delrosa said:
You forget one little thing, the TP Bonus on Hagun doesn't go off with sekki or 2 hr. Only reason I havent sold my Oni, when you gotta zerg a fight Oni is way better than Hagun. Personally would never spend the gil on a Hagun, I bought my Oni and then took the time to hunt my Hagun. I like my Hagun just dont think it worth 3 mil or whatever they at atm.

It doesn't activate on the first WS of sekki, but it does on the second.

I can see using it for your 2hr then swapping to hagun after the 3 WS have gone off, but, if your tweaking that much, then you could still use hagun for the first 2 WS of your 2hr, then cancel it, and fire off the final WS with the hagun bonus and it would be better than oni for that 3rd WS, AND since the damage potential for the closing light is the highest and based off that final Kasha, I would think that Hagun would win in 2hr situation as well.

If your in a full zerg situation with many people using WS and you can't create a self light, then Oni would be best for the 3 WS's while your 2hr is up then switch to hagun after that for following WS's.
 Bismarck.Nadesco
Server: Bismarck
user: nadesco
By Bismarck.Nadesco 2009-07-08 10:19:01
Link | Quote | Reply

i understand that both mnd and str mod the weapons damage but what's better flame rings or Aqua Ring?
keep in mind i have a ton of +str and att gear already but no + mnd. also whats some good gear to use. i got hexca hands and feet alone with most normal drk WS gear.

http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=94868
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-07-08 10:26:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Nadesco said:
i understand that both mnd and str mod the weapons damage but what's better flame rings or Aqua Ring?
keep in mind i have a ton of +str and att gear already but no + mnd. also whats some good gear to use. i got hexca hands and feet alone with most normal drk WS gear.

Flame (if your getting full returns in the first place). Mnd's only purpose is a mod on the WS itself. Str will provide you with 3 things. 1. It to is an equal mod on the ws. 2. It will raise your fstr. 3. It will provide att also.

For these reasons you should only replace STR when you have a major difference between an alt stat and the avaliable str in a certain slot.
Example: Genbuto vs say Vsallet for Wars who don't have Heca cap, on Steel Cyclone. Here you have a difference of 11 on equal mods, so the other benefits from the str will not out weigh the bonus from the Vit.

(This does not apply to thf and SA and your silly dex stuff)

Remember, if your not consistantly landing all your gilli hits, an acc ring would be better than either flame or aqua, since a landed hit will boost the damage far more than any mod.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-07-08 10:28:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Flame ring has -2 MND, personally I recommend Triumph Ring.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-07-08 10:29:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking at your set, I would say that you lack the needed Acc for gilli.

Things to consider would be Ohat,Acc Ring, Fire bomblet, Potent/Life belt, and also you should never take brutal off.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-07-08 10:30:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:

Good Point.

Actually, I'd recomend Rajas.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-07-08 10:33:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Frobeus said:
Enternius said:

Good Point.

Actually, I'd recomend Rajas.

Yes. Lol.
But for the other ring, seeing as how you don't have either Flame or Triumph, go with Triumph when you get the money.
 Bismarck.Nadesco
Server: Bismarck
user: nadesco
By Bismarck.Nadesco 2009-07-08 10:36:14
Link | Quote | Reply

i get full TP return most of the time ( 4/5 WS's ), and keep in mind i am only 73 lol.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-07-08 10:36:42
Link | Quote | Reply

And just as an addendum, for anyone else wondering, MND is not worth stacking for Guillotine, unless you get like some epic MND piece that totally overpowers any STR you can get for that slot. (i.e. these, if DRK could actually use them.)
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-07-08 10:40:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Nadesco said:
i get full TP return most of the time ( 4/5 WS's ), and keep in mind i am only 73 lol.

Are you eating sushi?
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-07-08 10:41:59
Link | Quote | Reply

lolsushi
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-07-08 10:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

-Casts meritted Barfira with WHM relic body-

DRK is the second most accurate melee job in the game, it's not totally absurd to be hitting with 80% Accuracy on Guillotine.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-07-08 10:45:16
Link | Quote | Reply

He's only about +36 or so in Acc. On xp lvl mobs this is not enough for consistent returns w/o lol food. Maybe with pizza though. (always forget about this damn food)
First Page 2 3 4