First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 39 40 41
 Unicorn.Halciform
Server: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
user: halciform
By Unicorn.Halciform 2009-12-08 13:26:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Kogenta said:
Love ur style pu, do ur school appreciate it? seems pretty un-academic, im curious to know if they consider u a "black-sheep" or a "genius" xD

I go to CalArts, which is probably the coolest school in the world (as far as I'm concerned :) )... we have pretty much free creative reign here so long as we follow the prompt and, so far, I'm doing well in my classes.

I guess it's not that odd to see un-academic artwork here though (which is one of the things I really really like about it)... some of the alumni include Henry Selick (coraline, nightmare before christmas, james and the giant peach), Tim Burton, John Lasseter (Pixar/Disney), pete docter (Monsters INC. , UP) , Brad Bird (Iron Giant, Ratatouille, The Incredibles), Craig McCracken (poweruff girls, fosters home for imaginary friends), butch hartman (danny phantom, fairly odd parents), stephen hillenbran (I always spell his name wrong, but spongebob), etc. lol

I go to cartoon college so that I can draw dead things! :B we'll see if my first year film is full of dead things or a story about me and a fellow classmate at Disneyland... it could go either way at this point.
 Midgardsormr.Petipet
Server: Midgardsormr
user: AAAGH
By Midgardsormr.Petipet 2009-12-08 17:35:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Hal! I love so much your use of light and shading... I like all your drawings, but they have all in common the perfect shading, looks so 3D! And the way you use what they teach you, for create your on awesomeness... because as Kogenta said, looks un-academic, very.. very pu! xDDD

I only did a drawing lately, and i'ts not FFXI related neither...

(close up a bit)

PINK AND OVERUSING SPARKLES?! oh yes, that's so like me *shame*..

(Also, welcome Rinielenika, post some art!!)
 Unicorn.Halciform
user: halciform
By Unicorn.Halciform 2009-12-08 23:44:39
Link | Quote | Reply

That drawing is lovely, Peti~ It takes me back to classic shoujo-style manga works. And its fine I think, not being XI related, adds some more spice to this thread and reminds people there's stuff out there other than the game ;) you seem to have a lot of really nice brushes, are they free-for-use? if so, where did you get them? :o I am always too lazy to make more of my own brushes and free-for-use brushes are annoying to find.

also, thank you! My shading is usually not technically correct, I like using multiple light sources... I think when I am forced to use a single light source I actually have more trouble lol which is ironic since its technically more simple, but I like making things pop with multiple sources of shade.

By Surreal 2009-12-09 01:54:43
Link | Quote | Reply

http://hiori.deviantart.com

The FFXI based art I've drawn is on there. My coloring is pretty basic and simple, Because my internet simply can't support Photoshop ^^; Maybe once I move..Oh well!
 Ragnarok.Kogenta
Server: Ragnarok
user: Kogenta
By Ragnarok.Kogenta 2009-12-09 05:06:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Halciform said:
Ragnarok.Kogenta said:
Love ur style pu, do ur school appreciate it? seems pretty un-academic, im curious to know if they consider u a "black-sheep" or a "genius" xD

I go to CalArts, which is probably the coolest school in the world (as far as I'm concerned :) )... we have pretty much free creative reign here so long as we follow the prompt and, so far, I'm doing well in my classes.

I guess it's not that odd to see un-academic artwork here though (which is one of the things I really really like about it)... some of the alumni include Henry Selick (coraline, nightmare before christmas, james and the giant peach), Tim Burton, John Lasseter (Pixar/Disney), pete docter (Monsters INC. , UP) , Brad Bird (Iron Giant, Ratatouille, The Incredibles), Craig McCracken (poweruff girls, fosters home for imaginary friends), butch hartman (danny phantom, fairly odd parents), stephen hillenbran (I always spell his name wrong, but spongebob), etc. lol

I go to cartoon college so that I can draw dead things! :B we'll see if my first year film is full of dead things or a story about me and a fellow classmate at Disneyland... it could go either way at this point.

lovely and cool :° i'm at art academy in florence, and even if they are trying to free themselves from the chains of tradition and canons, ppl (teachers) is still locked in a cage where if u don't do what they like, it's not art and not worth. <.< (most of them, not everyone)...
it's not a bad school, the atmosphere and classes are good and i like them, it's good to learn some basics °D° i hope i can jump to a comic / animation school next \<.</
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-12-09 07:42:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Surreal said:
http://hiori.deviantart.com

The FFXI based art I've drawn is on there. My coloring is pretty basic and simple, Because my internet simply can't support Photoshop ^^; Maybe once I move..Oh well!
Thanks for sharing! What do you mean by internet supporting Photoshop, though? Is it something that can be helped?

Unicorn.Halciform said:
The first part made me smile. lol You can still flash the guns on Splash Mountain while being dead, there's no possible reason not to combine the two ideas.
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-12-09 08:53:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Very nice as always, Peti. <3
 Odin.Syrin
Server: Odin
user: Syrin
By Odin.Syrin 2009-12-10 16:35:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Great job everyone!!!!! I envy you all. =^^= The art I do is mostly using AV to make sigs. (I'm a graphic designer) I really really wish I had the artistic talent you guys have!

<3 =^^=
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-12-10 16:44:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Feel free to post some of your favorite works if you'd like, Syrin. Mytoy did it on a previous page and got a lot of good reception.
 Midgardsormr.Petipet
By Midgardsormr.Petipet 2009-12-12 10:47:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Halciform said:
you seem to have a lot of really nice brushes, are they free-for-use? if so, where did you get them? :o I am always too lazy to make more of my own brushes and free-for-use brushes are annoying to find.

Yes! I download these mostly from deviantart stock resources, as well as free textures (also using the ones of GGtextures website) or fonts (also dafonts)... There are categories for each thing, even for other programs too, if you check on the left side!

Most of these are free, each one has own rules... some of them are "take it and gtfo", but most of times the rest only ask you to credit them in the description (linking back, so more people can use, etc), doesn't require ask permission for use... and if you want, to show them the final product, for their joy :)

Example of the category " Most popular deviations in Photoshop Brushes ever submitted ": http://www.deviantart.com/?#catpath=resources/applications/psbrushes&amp;order=9... One of my favourites is redheadstock ^^

Of course there are a lot of websites with free brushes, but indeed, are a pain in the ***... And I hate when most of these doesn't show a preview, so when you download, you get 30 new brushes all the same changing slightly the size, and have to erase one by one (if someone knows how to erase brushes in PS faster...?)

Take a look around! there are some impressive for drawing fur, skin, leaves.. *O*
 Midgardsormr.Petipet
By Midgardsormr.Petipet 2009-12-12 13:49:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry for double post, totally forgot to say "thank you" for the kind compliments... so, well, ahem! thank you guys. ://D

This one is for Syrin, I have a few request to do, sorry for delay ;_;

Original AV screen:

Edited screen:

Busty babe with magic glasses *hides*
[+]
 Unicorn.Dulcinea
By Unicorn.Dulcinea 2009-12-12 14:05:23
Link | Quote | Reply

OMG I haven't kept up with this thread, and haven't looked to see what I've missed, but Peti, that is absolutely GORGEOUS!! Stunning work.

Love the boob job, too!! ^^

*edit* fixed my typo

*another edit* Of all the character glamorizations you've done for people -- the ones I've seen, anyway -- this is my favorite. Breathtaking!!
 Midgardsormr.Petipet
By Midgardsormr.Petipet 2009-12-12 16:54:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Why thank you Dulcinea ^__^! highly recommend you to check out the earlier posts, lot of awesome art and sculptures... Inspiring!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Midgardsormr.Petipet
By Midgardsormr.Petipet 2009-12-12 17:40:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Hahahah! These are so original, felt shocked with these little taru butterflies! Really hard work, loving the backgrounds as well with the little drops.. *O* The ark angel with the imps flying is very great, lot of cool effects that blends perfectly, well done!!
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-12-12 18:15:07
Link | Quote | Reply

@Pet: Mithra boobs? Your art is breaking the laaaws. lol Looks amazing, though, I love the glasses.

@Pandele: Wow, they all look great, but I especially like Ocean Spray, Tarutterfly and Dark Angel. Those three are reaaaaally impressive! I save to compewter for backgrounds, yesss? lol
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-12-12 18:19:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Peti and making Mithra boobs bigger. *squints* Been out a bit, but glad to see other people have contributed. :D Everything was nice. Now I feel bad about neglecting the art thread. ;_;
 Sylph.Jetu
Server: Sylph
user: Jetu
By Sylph.Jetu 2009-12-13 07:48:42
Link | Quote | Reply

mmm...sexy mithra with augmented boobs, great job peti, love the facial expresion
 Odin.Syrin
Server: Odin
user: Syrin
By Odin.Syrin 2009-12-15 21:50:57
Link | Quote | Reply

OMG PET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AMAZING I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TY TY TY TY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 <3 <3

And ya I asked pet for the "Bustier" Mithra cause I am a "Bustier" Woman. =><=\ Pet's not going perv-ie or anything, I think. :p

TY again is awesomesauseamazingtothemax!!!!!
 Ragnarok.Kogenta
Server: Ragnarok
user: Kogenta
By Ragnarok.Kogenta 2009-12-17 19:38:19
Link | Quote | Reply

AAAAAND some elvaan now, made for RL / game friend \o/ name is Eltharion on Ragnarok

thumbnail cuz largepic is large <.</
[+]
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-12-18 13:22:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh god, that kills me. So awesome. ;___; Such a great style, Kogenta.
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-12-18 14:41:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Petipet said:
Edited screen:

Busty babe with magic glasses *hides*
O.o Peti, I didn't know you did plastic surgery too! XD

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Petipet
By Midgardsormr.Petipet 2009-12-19 07:32:27
Link | Quote | Reply

X//DDDDDDDDDDDDDD thank you guys! I'm happy that you liked it. All the FFXI characters need plastic surgery, specially galk--.. *peeks around* o-oh... nothing... nevermind. *run away scared*

Kogenta, what to say.. all the pieces you do with this style ( I think this is the third I saw ) charm me very much, somehow fits with the FFXI characters very well! very epic.

And Pandele, that's so cute! You added the fishes around her? Because it's a lovely touch! I never managed to see that scenery on the game, is new? looks really adorable. AND OMFG SPARKLES!!

Post deleted by User.
 Midgardsormr.Petipet
By Midgardsormr.Petipet 2009-12-19 12:42:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Hahaha "-SPARKLES!!" in the list xDDDDDDD looks great, specially the change you did to colors, way more strong and vibrant, really noticeable on the water! Its good to see your posts, so keep these up!

You gave me the idea for start using again screenshots for background :)
This one is Vyren's request.

Original provided screenshot:

Edited:

Had not much to edit.. the original screen had already some gorgeous dat and was very costumized!
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-12-19 13:08:12
Link | Quote | Reply

stunning, as always :O!

Post deleted by User.
 Kujata.Vyren
Server: Kujata
user: Vyren
By Kujata.Vyren 2009-12-19 13:31:03
Link | Quote | Reply

That's so awesome thank you ; w ; <3 and thank you for the .dat compliment, my friend and I made it.
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-12-19 14:56:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Great work as always, guys.

@Kogenta: Love how smallpic that is small has the gritty look to it. While sleek, light and sharp art is nice, it's even nicer to see a darker, more grim and gritty looking picture once in a while.

@Pandele: Always surprises me how people can make FFXI look so awesome. The areas themselves look kind of bleak now compared to other games (eight years of tech advances kicked the ***out of our little MMO graphics!), so artists that touch up screenshotted areas to look more up to date is just amazing.
Unless you just drew that from scratch. In which case, gdi. o.o

@Peti: STOP SLACKING ON MY COMISH. >:O!
Kidding~ Great work as usual. Wish Sea really looked that good. But! I think the mifrah could have looked a little meaner...after all, she IS holding a blade that looks like it can cut light. xD
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 39 40 41