First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 39 40 41
 Unicorn.Dulcinea
Server: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
By Unicorn.Dulcinea 2009-11-25 17:21:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Halciform said:
I like pomegranates.

I do too. I love nibbling on the juicy little seeds (well, the bits around the seeds). I also had a pomegranate motif in the bedroom for years because of a deep appreciation for the myth of Eurydice and Orpheus as told in some weird old book I had.

(edit: The book interwove that story with the story of Persephone and some others. Persephone's story is, of course, where the Pomegranate came in. I think it was French. It's been ages.)

Anyway, though, Halciform, your art is stunning. The polished marble (?) floor in that one drawing is just amazing. I want to put on an extravagant ball gown (no poofy sleeves, though) and dance away on it! But I don't know how kindly Janet would take to that ^^

@Cai: Haha! "Not quite The Green Horny." Too funny. Yeah, The Green Horny didn't represent me very well, which was another small reason I posted here.

Thanks for the compliments on the hummingbird, you guys. I'm working on an owl right now, which, if completed, will be the first nature-themed drawing made just for myself. I loves teh li'l owls!

I thought I had photos of sculptures I've made which are intricate and detailed, much better than the green-faced guy, but I guess those photos were on the old hard drive that died. *CRY* But I've begun working on some other things. Hopefully some will be completed soon. I'm such a procrastinator. I have ten different projects going.
 Unicorn.Halciform
user: halciform
By Unicorn.Halciform 2009-11-25 17:43:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Dulcinea said:
Unicorn.Halciform said:
I like pomegranates.

I do too. I love nibbling on the juicy little seeds (well, the bits around the seeds). I also had a pomegranate motif in the bedroom for years because of a deep appreciation for the myth of Eurydice and Orpheus as told in some weird old book I had.

(edit: The book interwove that story with the story of Persephone and some others. Persephone's story is, of course, where the Pomegranate came in. I think it was French. It's been ages.)

Anyway, though, Halciform, your art is stunning. The polished marble (?) floor in that one drawing is just amazing. I want to put on an extravagant ball gown (no poofy sleeves, though) and dance away on it! But I don't know how kindly Janet would take to that ^^

@Cai: Haha! "Not quite The Green Horny." Too funny. Yeah, The Green Horny didn't represent me very well, which was another small reason I posted here.

Thanks for the compliments on the hummingbird, you guys. I'm working on an owl right now, which, if completed, will be the first nature-themed drawing made just for myself. I loves teh li'l owls!

I thought I had photos of sculptures I've made which are intricate and detailed, much better than the green-faced guy, but I guess those photos were on the old hard drive that died. *CRY* But I've begun working on some other things. Hopefully some will be completed soon. I'm such a procrastinator. I have ten different projects going.

You've made me want pomegranate! I only have one left... I think I'll have it :)

Be sure to post the Owl when you finish it! I love owls.

Also to the guy that posted that exorcism video.... I do find things like that fascinating but not for the reason you probably think. (I like dark things but its more out of an aesthetic purpose and appreciation of tragic storytelling. Its not because I sacrifice goats in my spare time :P I find it fascinating due to the psychology, strange/rare illnesses, the intertwining of religion with these things, etc.) but with that said, I don't think that's really an appropriate video for this thread, since its an art thread :x

Once I get my Baba Yaga painting back I'll post it! My color and design teacher took it, though, so it may be in the hallway case (which means I won't get it back for a few weeks)
 Unicorn.Dulcinea
By Unicorn.Dulcinea 2009-11-25 18:33:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Halciform said:
Be sure to post the Owl when you finish it! I love owls.
Will do! Thanks for the interest ^^ Aren't owls great? I feel so lucky to have a couple of them living in a tree outside the bedroom window.

Unicorn.Halciform said:
Once I get my Baba Yaga painting back I'll post it!
I want to see that! Sounds intriguing. I'm a sucker for folkloric subjects, even though I don't know as much about them as I'd like.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-11-25 18:34:26
Link | Quote | Reply

That was far too civil a reply for the internet, Hal. Throw some capslock on some ***and add some "*** please" at the very least!

A whale is fine too. Really, though, bad day for AH art; Haterade flowin' like water.

Looking forward to seeing the new stuff from all!
 Ragnarok.Kogenta
Server: Ragnarok
user: Kogenta
By Ragnarok.Kogenta 2009-11-25 21:22:57
Link | Quote | Reply

*Next on FFXIAH: "The meaning of art: did you ever think about that if a piece of art is freaky and indecent for you, that art actually satisfied his own existence?"

I mean, inspiring emotions of any kind is actually the target of an artist <.< if ppl ban your art even better, cause commotion, fear, something. history has so much examples <.<... think about Munch, or Manet :3 OMG NAKE PPL EAT ON THE GRASS THAT'S INDECENT U R BANNED

*150 years later*

Oh yeah pweatty awesome was so original in those years unappreciated genius blablabla <.< Halci can i have a painting made by u? so when u die i'll sell it for millions. :3

P.S: and, sorry for bad english <.< 4.30 am here in italy (stupid pretence to hide my ignorance)
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-11-25 21:43:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Good point, Kogenta!

Ragnarok.Kogenta said:
P.S: and, sorry for bad english <.< 4.30 am here in italy (stupid pretence to hide my ignorance)
Peti should get a laugh out of this. lol No need to apologize, though, no bad English detected! Even if there was, it's better than most on the internets! lol
 Lakshmi.Aaroca
Server: Lakshmi
user: Damii
By Lakshmi.Aaroca 2009-11-25 21:55:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I also like to draw things like Halci in my spare time, the pic of the circus guy, reminds me EXACTLY of something I drew a while ago. I'll have to get my scanner working. >.<
 Midgardsormr.Petipet
Server: Midgardsormr
user: AAAGH
By Midgardsormr.Petipet 2009-11-26 06:54:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Kogenta said:
sorry for bad english

*HIGHFIVE* tvb ;O;

I so want a pomegranate now, curse you art thread!
 Asura.Israfel
Server: Asura
user: Tmuler
By Asura.Israfel 2009-11-26 07:15:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks to this thread, I ate my first pomegranate since I was 15 XD lol

....8 years is a long time without a pomegranate ; ;

Even sadder fact is I forgot *how* to eat them, so I looked as vicious as Halci's pic, trying to gnaw all the little pods out... and now my fingers are slightly purple from all the juice >_< lol, but it was so worth it!!
 Sylph.Jetu
Server: Sylph
user: Jetu
By Sylph.Jetu 2009-11-26 07:21:20
Link | Quote | Reply

i buy pomegranate juice every couple weeks & drink that :)
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-11-26 07:23:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't want to shatter all of your dreams but that's most likely a human brain in that picture.

A pomegranate? No, no. That's a brain.
 Midgardsormr.Petipet
By Midgardsormr.Petipet 2009-11-26 13:38:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Dammit! I've been even more time without eating brains, now I want a burrito!
 Fenrir.Daluna
Server: Fenrir
user: Daluna
By Fenrir.Daluna 2009-11-27 02:27:07
Link | Quote | Reply

/em stumbles across this forum topic. /waves to all the DA peeps and pretty art work and gives Peti a burrito
 Titan.Gennss
Server: Titan
user: gennss
By Titan.Gennss 2009-11-27 06:51:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Caiyuo said:
Titan.Gennss said:
I'd love a sig or a pic of my character, from anyone cept the guy with the freaky art. Its incredible, and detailed, beautifully done but also strangely horrifying.
Maybe I'm off-base or just interpreting wrong, but it still sounds kind of insulting even with the later compliments by singling out anyone but the person with "freaky" art. Not saying you have to like, but doesn't seem likely any artist's will appeal to your request with that tone. Sorry if I'm being a little rude; Hal's my good friend so I just nerd raged a little over reading. lol

Edit: BUKKOROSU IS DOWN? PANIC.

Ah, but the reason I said not him/her was because of the level of detail/time required would be excessive (and probably not worth it for a sig for someone they don't know). I've probably stared at that art more than any other so far and gotten lost in it. I guess I'm just not good at communicating what I feel.

I probably wouldn't feel comfortable accepting an art piece of that caliber without paying for it.

It did appeal to me, It just completely overwhelmed me and distracted me for the moment I was writing that.

I apologize if I came off rude.
 Ragnarok.Kogenta
By Ragnarok.Kogenta 2009-11-27 09:36:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Petipet said:
Ragnarok.Kogenta said:
sorry for bad english

*HIGHFIVE* tvb ;O;

I so want a pomegranate now, curse you art thread!

European highfive o/ tvb
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-11-27 21:48:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Gennss said:
Ah, but the reason I said not him/her was because of the level of detail/time required would be excessive (and probably not worth it for a sig for someone they don't know). I've probably stared at that art more than any other so far and gotten lost in it. I guess I'm just not good at communicating what I feel.

I probably wouldn't feel comfortable accepting an art piece of that caliber without paying for it.

It did appeal to me, It just completely overwhelmed me and distracted me for the moment I was writing that.

I apologize if I came off rude.
It's okay. Understood and I'm sorry as well for jumping to conclusions. Good luck with your request!
 Unicorn.Halciform
By Unicorn.Halciform 2009-12-06 03:53:01
Link | Quote | Reply

More crap from me

one of my final assignments for color & design.

Not done, missing her lower jaw (being sculpted last in order to keep from ruining her jaw set/teeth) and missing hands still. almost done. Still have a final essay, 60 inch painting, one-scene animation, animatic, two storyboard thumbnails for two different stories, perspective and... something I'm forgetting probably :( due within two weeks. Kill me.

[+]
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-12-06 04:28:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh Janet(sculpture), you and your crazy twisty death hair. Just asking for a romantic xylophone player to sweep her off her boney feet. <3 lol Great detail in the back, especially. Underside of the leg and stomach is enough to really get to me, so I'd consider them the most effectual parts.
 Midgardsormr.Petipet
By Midgardsormr.Petipet 2009-12-06 10:03:56
Link | Quote | Reply

The photo of the back is stunning... I bet in real life looks even greater!
 Fenrir.Rinielenika
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Rinielenika 2009-12-06 10:09:18
Link | Quote | Reply

*jaw drop at all the work on here*

Dang guys.... This is awesome. Thread. Of. Win.

... I'll have to post something when I have something nice to look at -_-;;
 Asura.Obsydian
Server: Asura
user: Obsydian
By Asura.Obsydian 2009-12-06 11:16:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Halciform said:
...but I can draw animu/game/whatever, the freaky art is just my personal artwork/school assignments ( http://pu-sama.deviantart.com/art/Transformations-134231351

wait a minute... YOU'RE pu-sama? I had been a fan of your Hellsing artwork for years! :o
[+]
 Unicorn.Halciform
By Unicorn.Halciform 2009-12-06 21:15:34
Link | Quote | Reply

pu-sama or maladies, both accounts are mine :) one's older and mostly from the teenage years (pu-sama) and one is my current personal/school artwork (maladies)

Janet has teeth and a jaw now and is almost dne! I'll post pictures either right after or right before I bake her.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-12-07 07:39:20
Link | Quote | Reply

A slight /botherbother, but Megumii and Dryopae, I haven't seen either of you posting here in awhile! Some of the originals that got this started! lol If you've got new stuff or just want to nerd out on what's here, feel freeeee.
 Sylph.Megumii
user: Megumii
By Sylph.Megumii 2009-12-07 08:10:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Caiyuo said:
A slight /botherbother, but Megumii and Dryopae, I haven't seen either of you posting here in awhile! Some of the originals that got this started! lol If you've got new stuff or just want to nerd out on what's here, feel freeeee.

Shhhh... we're sleeping!

I went awol from Da and FFXI/FFXIAH for awhile but I'm back and once I figure out why the hell my tablet won't install on my new laptop (I blame windows 7) I shall be back into the swing of things!
 Unicorn.Halciform
By Unicorn.Halciform 2009-12-07 17:55:34
Link | Quote | Reply

And another one... yet another school assignment. Sorry, I just like... don't have anymore XI artwork :x

counting down the days til winter break.. I feel like I'm going to die!
[+]
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-12-07 18:45:27
Link | Quote | Reply

This picture is obviously a premonition you've unknowingly drawn of your own life trying to catch success with Animation (bird = Chong's love and adoration) and your unwilligness to pay attention to the signs of your brain decaying from lack of sleep, Hal.

Wasn't that insightful? 100% out of my ***, too. *clears out cat's eye-webs with pointer finger*

Sylph.Megumii said:
Seraph.Caiyuo said:

Shhhh... we're sleeping!

I went awol from Da and FFXI/FFXIAH for awhile but I'm back and once I figure out why the hell my tablet won't install on my new laptop (I blame windows 7) I shall be back into the swing of things!
Good, good! Will Dryo be coming as wellll? I saw she posted new sculpeys and the goblin and leech couldn't be more cool. :v

Also you're full of ***, Megumii! Windows 7 is BINARYPERFECTION.
 Sylph.Megumii
user: Megumii
By Sylph.Megumii 2009-12-08 04:31:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Really? I don't know what's doing it then. Everytime I got to install it it says the device deployer/undeployer has stopped working. I tried installing it in safe mode as some people suggested and that didn't solve the problem :(
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-12-08 09:01:43
Link | Quote | Reply

hrm, is it USB? I've never had to use a tablet with a PC before but maybe there's an easy-to-fix underlying issue. Initially I'd guess it's driver-related but I'd think Windows 7 would just throw something generic on. If you want, post or PM the brand/model and I'll see if I can find something out? I do a lot of this in my spare time so it wouldn't be a big deal to try. D8
 Carbuncle.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
Server: Carbuncle
user: dameshi
By Carbuncle.Dameshi 2009-12-08 10:24:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I just went through all the pages and looked at all the artwork (didn't really have time to read the posts, sorry!), and it's all wonderful ^^ Everyone sure has a lot of talent!
 Ragnarok.Kogenta
By Ragnarok.Kogenta 2009-12-08 13:21:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Love ur style pu, do ur school appreciate it? seems pretty un-academic, im curious to know if they consider u a "black-sheep" or a "genius" xD
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 39 40 41