New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » RDM Merits for today
RDM Merits for today
By failacious 2013-06-20 16:01:40
Link | Quote | Reply

It was assumed!

Sorrrrry.

Edit: In my defense on my first post I said it should fall to the cor on keeping dia on the mob.
By failacious 2013-06-20 16:05:52
Link | Quote | Reply

But even if you DID have a rdm present it should fall to the cor is what I'm saying. That's why I initially said that you dont need Dia III merits because even if you are there you probably shouldn't be the one casting dia (the cor should)
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-06-20 16:37:00
Link | Quote | Reply

he's suggesting the cor/whm do dia and double light shot it themselves to lower coordination needed

edit: derp, opened thread, forgot about it, posted without f5ing, my b
By Puppetmaster 2013-06-26 00:12:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Dia III @ 5/5 (especially with relic+2 hat augment) lasts much longer than Dia II, so that's something to consider
By Squish 2013-06-26 01:52:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I just want to point out something kinda silly...

How you gear your RDM merits, has more to do with who and what type of players you also play with.

If you roll with outstanding WHM's, I doubt the Convert Merits will do much for you.

Then again, if you duo/trio a lot with BLM or SCH (manaburn-types) that Convert Timer helps a ton when you are dropping nukes.

Personally, I like the element accuracy merits (earth/ice/wind).

Group 2's...once again depends on who you play with.
 Ragnarok.Lawsonofabiotch
Server: Ragnarok
user: Lawson
By Ragnarok.Lawsonofabiotch 2013-07-12 21:27:45
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread has been very helpful. RDM has been at 75 still since I came back a few months ago, but have been wanting to get it capped. Had no idea how I should merit it now for SoA content. Looks like I have some merits to replace. Funny how not too long ago people would have laughed at a RDM who capped Dia3 over Bio3.
By Ophannus 2013-07-12 21:40:05
Link | Quote | Reply

For Group 1 I still have Convert5 Ice 2 Wind 3
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-07-12 21:40:15
Link | Quote | Reply

bio 3 was for hardcore soloers, anyone who laughed at dia3 was probably copying soloer merits with no clue what they were talking about
 Ragnarok.Lawsonofabiotch
Server: Ragnarok
user: Lawson
By Ragnarok.Lawsonofabiotch 2013-07-12 22:13:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Mostly used RDM in 75 cap days to solo or duo, usually for Sky pops for LS. Like I said, wanting to cap it again and was wondering what to merit now since I no longer do know what I am doing I guess. Thanks for the suggestions, need to make a few changes.