Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » veteran WHM
veteran WHM
 Carbuncle.Vermithrax
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: lselvio
By Carbuncle.Vermithrax 2013-06-10 18:14:38
Link | Quote | Reply

As the title suggests, I consider myself one, but have recently come across some rumors. Were the caps on PDT/MDT/Cure potency lifted?
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2013-06-10 18:18:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Vermithrax said: »
As the title suggests, I consider myself one, but have recently come across some rumors. Were the caps on PDT/MDT/Cure potency lifted?
No.

EDIT: Well apart from Aegis and Burtgang for MDT and PDT respectively.
 Carbuncle.Vermithrax
By Carbuncle.Vermithrax 2013-06-10 18:20:28
Link | Quote | Reply

So the cap is still 50% on cure potency from gear? and then added to "cure power" like it has been for a year now?
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2013-06-10 18:22:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Cure Potency still caps at 50% from gear yeah, they reworked the curing formula though, I don't know the specifics but I think there's more emphasis on healing skill than there used to be.
 Carbuncle.Vermithrax
By Carbuncle.Vermithrax 2013-06-10 18:24:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, that is what I thought, but my LS is very adamant that it was changed (cure potency i mean).
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2013-06-10 18:35:17
Link | Quote | Reply

They probably meant the strength of the cure spells in general which have become stronger but the cure potency cap is the same.
 Bahamut.Krizz
Server: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2013-06-10 18:36:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah. Healing Magic now plays a much more important role.

Edit:
Formula is now:
Power = floor(MND÷2) + floor(VIT÷4) + Healing Magic Skill
By DuzellLevi 2013-06-10 18:50:47
Link | Quote | Reply

They also added "potency of cure effect received" gear, it stacks and multiplies with normal cure potency after cure potency is applied. There isn't a lot of the gear though and most of it, unless the player your casting on is using spellcast, is impractical. The exception is off handing the sword from PW on bluemage.
 Valefor.Esdain
Server: Valefor
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2013-06-10 19:00:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically if they gave RDM, PLD, and SCH some Cure V love, they would have some very butt-hurt White Mages, so they altered the Healing Magic skill's effect on Cure potency to make Cure IV into some ninja-edit-like Cure V. Well played on their part. Not many people put two-and-two together as to why they changed it, but yeah. Other jobs needed to bring forth some larger numbers out of their cures and giving them Cure V would have made lots of WHMs flip their shi*.

As the title suggests, I consider myself one, but have recently come across some rumors.

The title doesn't suggest much other than the topic is something to do with White Mages. You could have fit a few more descriptive words in there.
 Carbuncle.Vermithrax
By Carbuncle.Vermithrax 2013-06-11 08:18:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Esdain said: »
Basically if they gave RDM, PLD, and SCH some Cure V love, they would have some very butt-hurt White Mages, so they altered the Healing Magic skill's effect on Cure potency to make Cure IV into some ninja-edit-like Cure V. Well played on their part. Not many people put two-and-two together as to why they changed it, but yeah. Other jobs needed to bring forth some larger numbers out of their cures and giving them Cure V would have made lots of WHMs flip their shi*.

As the title suggests, I consider myself one, but have recently come across some rumors.

The title doesn't suggest much other than the topic is something to do with White Mages. You could have fit a few more descriptive words in there.

Probably right, just couldnt think of how to word the title without asking my question IN the title lol
 Leviathan.Rihoko
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Rihoko 2013-06-11 08:23:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Curaga spells still use old formula. If you have 400+ healing magic skill already, and capped 50% cure potency, I would mainly gear for fast cast, minus enmity, and MND as much as possible.

Edit: and mana :)