Account problems; can't log in on a PC
 Fenrir.Alijah
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Alijah
By Fenrir.Alijah 2009-07-04 16:42:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe someone can help cause this is annoying. >.<

I can log into my account on the xbox360 (I do have a satchel and SE acct). When I use the exact same account and password w/ the satchel and try to log into my laptop, I get the "Incorrect POL ID or password" error message. Note, this is NOT the "Incorrect one-time or SE password" error, but POL.

Any ideas?
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2009-07-04 16:50:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds as if my friend had a similar problem; thing is, their only system is 360 (so they couldn't see if they could log in on PC/PS2 like you could)... what they did apparently though was re-install POL, and then it worked out for them, but I mean.. I'm sure it's not meant to ever happen in the first place, obviously.

Example, I haven't even been able to log on for the last two days because POL wouldn't accept my credit card this month... yet, worked on another friend of mine's account when we swapped information; his didn't work on mine either, oddly enough.

I'm going out on a limb here, and assuming they kind of screwed up POL pretty bad recently somehow, since I've heard of many other people having errors with POL recently, as unfortunate as it is.
 Fenrir.Alijah
By Fenrir.Alijah 2009-07-04 16:56:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ironguy said:
Example, I haven't even been able to log on for the last two days because POL wouldn't accept my credit card this month... yet, worked on another friend of mine's account when we swapped information; his didn't work on mine either, oddly enough.

You too? My boyfriend had the same issue. We have both accounts on the same card! And it took my account, but not his.

Oh well, I don't care to get on my laptop *too* much, I only wanted to craft on my xbox char while watching TV, since there's this great History channel special on today and I have a lot of crafting to do, lol.

I'll craft tomorrow. :X This show is good.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2009-07-04 17:02:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Huh... did his account eventually get through atleast?

I've been patient with it; kind of treasuring the time I get off the goddamn game for once, so it's not bothering me much at all. Still rather annoyin' though, when I go through the information screen.. then have to go back to it all again later, because it didn't accept the payment.

It's confusing as well, because normally at the beginning of every month, you get that note right as you enter your account on POL, "Your account has been billed for this month" ect... that isn't appearing for me this month apparently, I've noticed. Oh well: I'm sure it'll be resolved soon enough.
 Fenrir.Alijah
By Fenrir.Alijah 2009-07-04 17:05:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah it did, eventually. Took a few days and a couple of calls to both SE and the CC company though. >.<
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2009-07-04 17:09:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds flaming; guess I'll give them a call sometime here, as much as their 1-800' is absolute garbage, ugh.

Still, that's informative nonetheless to hear it was resolved eventually for someone... only hope the same can be said for you as well, to a sense?
 Fenrir.Alijah
By Fenrir.Alijah 2009-07-04 17:12:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I was hoping I was doing something wrong so that I could fix it and log on, but Im not surprised to hear the error was on their end.

Edit: You may just end up having to retire the idea of signing on this weekend, Im fairly certain there is maintenance on POL service this weekend. >.<
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2009-07-04 17:32:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure they're closed over the weekend anywho; independance weekend, even though I'm america's hat and stuff.