Lakshmi.Tummie
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Tummie
By Lakshmi.Tummie 2016-01-25 00:58:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ganno said: »
Lakshmi.Tummie said: »
Ok guys, I am trying to update the spreadsheet to finish off the node with updated sets. I haven't played in over a month on retail so I kind of need some help with a list of augments for gear and what is most relevant so I can throw into the spreadsheet.

Aeonic Weapons

Depending on how the new boosts will be next month, I firmly believe that relics will be slightly ahead of Aeonic. If following the increases that were shown back in December and guessing the raw damage (as I posted earlier above), quick spreadsheet settings show Yoichi as the top dog for Bow by about 4-5% DPS over Fail-Not(Aeonic) with Gandiva in 3rd. Gun has Annihilator over Formault by a very very small margin, while Armageddon trails.

Bow right now will continue to be the weapon of choice unless Coronach gets its fTP bumped up to 5.0.
 Sylph.Xijaah
Server: Sylph
user: Xijaah
By Sylph.Xijaah 2016-01-25 07:57:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ganno said: »
Ok guys, I am trying to update the spreadsheet to finish off the node with updated sets. I haven't played in over a month on retail so I kind of need some help with a list of augments for gear and what is most relevant so I can throw into the spreadsheet.

Aeonic Weapons

Depending on how the new boosts will be next month, I firmly believe that relics will be slightly ahead of Aeonic. If following the increases that were shown back in December and guessing the raw damage (as I posted earlier above), quick spreadsheet settings show Yoichi as the top dog for Bow by about 4-5% DPS over Fail-Not(Aeonic) with Gandiva in 3rd. Gun has Annihilator over Formault by a very very small margin, while Armageddon trails.

Bow right now will continue to be the weapon of choice unless Coronach gets its fTP bumped up to 5.0.
Nice! Although your estimates for yoichi are too high IMO, id put it more at 288ish dmg based on dmg/delay of fail-not.

Edit: also i wonder why that 40 agi on armageddon and that 500tp bonus on aeonic arent enough to outdamage annihilator, given how good trueflight is at the moment (and last stand, too)
 Lakshmi.Tummie
By Lakshmi.Tummie 2016-01-25 09:20:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't even began to look at Trueflight or Wildfire builds but with the extra added magic damage, it may be something to really consider.
[+]
By Feanorsof 2016-02-03 08:43:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Can I get some advice for 130 fights+? I understand the guide on page 79 is outdated as it's missing Escha gear but I used it as a starter guide and have almost all of it but i'm really struggling to hit anything at all. I'm starting to abandon the store TP build just for more accuracy but wondering what others use?

What sets are people using for these fights? Is Sublime sushi best?
 Fenrir.Montaeg
Server: Fenrir
user: Montaeg
By Fenrir.Montaeg 2016-02-03 10:19:53
Link | Quote | Reply

So I've been thinking about this for a while, but after I realized rng is on vamp I am thinking of putting together this set and trying out wildfire:

ItemSet 341717

Kind of unsure on the rings though. I wonder if NQ garuda would be better cause of the AGI mod. (definitely not rich enough to be buying the HQ on a whim lul)
By geigei 2016-02-03 10:34:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Lose vamps and get malevolence x2, carmine gloves(+1) over leyline, garuda+1 ring+acumen. Just small improvement.
[+]
 Phoenix.Darkspawn
Server: Phoenix
user: Tphantom
By Phoenix.Darkspawn 2016-02-03 10:37:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Montaeg said: »
So I've been thinking about this for a while, but after I realized rng is on vamp I am thinking of putting together this set and trying out wildfire:

ItemSet 341717

Kind of unsure on the rings though. I wonder if NQ garuda would be better cause of the AGI mod. (definitely not rich enough to be buying the HQ on a whim lul)

i would like to see the mid/high acc sets you have and augs on those gear, im back to game and need to update my anni set
 Fenrir.Montaeg
By Fenrir.Montaeg 2016-02-03 20:01:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't really play ranger very much any more. This was something I put together for the lulz. I imagine some combo of pursuers/AF3 reforge is best/easiest to get for someone who is coming back. Personally I was just meleeing in my blu TP sets then doing ranged WS. Also rng is on gyve trousers lol.
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2016-02-03 20:58:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Arvina Ringlet +1
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-02-03 21:05:01
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 341717

I'd suggest dropping the Vampirisms in favor of 2x Malevolence, instead. A lot of additional MAB and macc on those. Carmine hands +1 are the best MAB you can get, but are fairly rare. You can make very good Herculean MAB hands if you're lucky and patient.

For rings, you'll definitely want to use Arvina +1 and maybe Garuda +1. For the back, Forban Cape +1 will probably outperform Izdubar, but that's simply eyeballing it. And a very tiny change would be Achiyalabopa bullets to Orichalcum for the extra 2 MAB.
 Lakshmi.Tummie
By Lakshmi.Tummie 2016-02-03 22:02:10
Link | Quote | Reply

What are some of the Accuracy numbers needed for Escha content? I need to update the spreadsheet with Evasive mob entries for the node I plan on updating
 Fenrir.Montaeg
By Fenrir.Montaeg 2016-02-04 06:31:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »

ItemSet 341717

I'd suggest dropping the Vampirisms in favor of 2x Malevolence, instead. A lot of additional MAB and macc on those. Carmine hands +1 are the best MAB you can get, but are fairly rare. You can make very good Herculean MAB hands if you're lucky and patient.

For rings, you'll definitely want to use Arvina +1 and maybe Garuda +1. For the back, Forban Cape +1 will probably outperform Izdubar, but that's simply eyeballing it. And a very tiny change would be Achiyalabopa bullets to Orichalcum for the extra 2 MAB.

Thanks. I totally forgot Arvina existed. Is there any rule of thumb you use to gauge AGI/MAB trade offs? It would be helpful when auging.
 Sylph.Xijaah
By Sylph.Xijaah 2016-02-10 03:55:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, guys, new REM ammo, annihilator getting a +10% atk boost through aftermath, yoichi being 303 base dmg (and being added +10 racc, +5snapshot through aftermath), damage cap increase for melee and ranged attacks... Looks like we can become relevant again, without relying on Trueflight.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2016-02-10 04:21:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Also notable that Armageddon has same dmg/delay/skill as Anni. The differences:
Anni: Racc+60 Ratk+45 Magic Damage+155, AM: Racc+10% Enm-25
Arma: AGI+60 Magic Damage+217, AM: Occ. deal 3x damage

And then add in the EX ammo from each:
Eradicating Bullet (Anni): DMG:289 Delay:240 Racc+30 Ratk+30
Devastating Bullet (Arma): DMG:277 Delay:240 Racc+35 Macc+35

Anni won't win for physical pew pew (though it's no slouch with the damage/skill/AGI/bullets and nice AM), but is better for magical WS and and works for two jobs instead of one. Definitely one to look at if you play both RNG and COR. Plus I guess there's the likely much cheaper cost of 10,000 boulders versus 10,000 plutons. Of course, 1500 HMPs LOL. But at the very least, worth a serious look for the RNG+COR players out there of people who for whatever reason already have a 119 Armageddon.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2016-02-10 06:43:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »

Anni won't win for physical pew pew(though it's no slouch with the damage/skill/AGI/bullets and nice AM), but is better for magical WS and and works for two jobs instead of one. Definitely one to look at if you play both RNG and COR. Plus I guess there's the likely much cheaper cost of 10,000 boulders versus 10,000 plutons. Of course, 1500 HMPs LOL. But at the very least, worth a serious look for the RNG+COR players out there of people who for whatever reason already have a 119 Armageddon.

I think you mean Arma won't win for physical.
[+]
 Sylph.Xijaah
By Sylph.Xijaah 2016-02-10 07:12:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Also annihilator's new aftermath is +10% ratk, not racc (sadly lol). Would be nice to compare annihilator and yoichi post patch for old times sake.
 Asura.Hoshiku
Server: Asura
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2016-02-10 12:39:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

Anni won't win for physical pew pew(though it's no slouch with the damage/skill/AGI/bullets and nice AM), but is better for magical WS and and works for two jobs instead of one. Definitely one to look at if you play both RNG and COR. Plus I guess there's the likely much cheaper cost of 10,000 boulders versus 10,000 plutons. Of course, 1500 HMPs LOL. But at the very least, worth a serious look for the RNG+COR players out there of people who for whatever reason already have a 119 Armageddon.

Gun in general won't win for physical unless they've somehow nerfed Jishnu's Radiance. With that 50 dex and the AM on gandiva is it best in slot or is yoi going to win b/c of higher base dmg and way more racc?
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-02-10 12:48:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks. I totally forgot Arvina existed. Is there any rule of thumb you use to gauge AGI/MAB trade offs? It would be helpful when auging.

You can use WF calculator from COR thread:
Link: https://docs.zoho.com/file/v7xm9e8c142dd28764eeba6ea950e5ed09a56

I made a new version of calculator with magic damage and leaden salulte a few days ago. But I restored my system and lost the file before I upload it :/ Maybe I'll redo the new version again when i have time.
 Sylph.Xijaah
By Sylph.Xijaah 2016-02-10 12:52:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hoshiku said: »
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

Gun in general won't win for physical unless they've somehow nerfed Jishnu's Radiance. With that 50 dex and the AM on gandiva is it best in slot or is yoi going to win b/c of higher base dmg and way more racc?

I'm afraid that's hard to say without further testing. Dont forget anni gets +10% ratk, which might change something. Although pDif for ranged attacks only went from 3 to 3.5, that still means we need more ratk to be cap'd, and annihilator's AM provides us with 150+, realistically.
 Asura.Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2016-02-10 13:23:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Last stand is a 2 hit, coro while powerful is a 1 hit and JR is a 3 hit which does well with crit buffs like ramuh's favor and rogues roll. Before the update a fully buffed JR ranger absolutely destroyed a rng w/ LS or coro thanks to the fact that it's so hard to pull hate from a pld now. I don't see a 10% ratk boost shifting things that far in anni's favor - especially as you would have to alternate between coro and ls to maintain aftermath.
 Sylph.Xijaah
By Sylph.Xijaah 2016-02-10 14:10:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Last stand is a 2 hit, coro while powerful is a 1 hit and JR is a 3 hit which does well with crit buffs like ramuh's favor and rogues roll. Before the update a fully buffed JR ranger absolutely destroyed a rng w/ LS or coro thanks to the fact that it's so hard to pull hate from a pld now. I don't see a 10% ratk boost shifting things that far in anni's favor - especially as you would have to alternate between coro and ls to maintain aftermath.
Due to faster ws-ws cycles, and increased white damage, annihilator actually always parsed very close to phao; of course, if we're speaking about WS damage, you are right, but there was never such thing as "Absolutely destroyed", unless you're looking at the single WS damage. The numbers you provide are correct, but you're ignoring that anni+ammo is 40ish dmg ahead of yoichi+ammo. That being said, it may very well be that yoichi will parse better than annihilator, i'm just saying it will need some testing.
 Asura.Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2016-02-10 14:14:29
Link | Quote | Reply

It was not very close before the update. We did parse it, it's why I stopped using my anni and switched to nobility. On the other hand anni vs yoi using relic ws was very close before the update.
 Sylph.Xijaah
By Sylph.Xijaah 2016-02-10 14:27:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's my analysis of this, and this is pretty quick math (I can post the graph and sets if needed be. The graph is quite large)

I was interested in this as well and in reality, the spreadsheet total DPS doesn't give a clear picture of this. It only gives overall DPS but doesn't account for moments where one weapon can pull ahead of the other which does occur when comparing Anni/Last Stand vs Skirmish/JR for the first few weaponskill rounds.

I did a simple plot of both weapon based on their delay using 66% snapshot (Flurry and VS buffs + preshot snapshot). Target was Tojil with capped attack. Acc of course was capped as well.

Annihilator was an average of 1950.96 per shot every 2.43 seconds with 10,429 damage on Last Stand. Skirmish bow was an average of 1733.93 per shot every 2.81 seconds with 15,096 damage on Jishnu's Radiance. Both were set up to gain enough tp for a WS at the start after 4 shots using Reforged Relic for recycle. After the first weaponskill was used, TP to 100 was 3 shots. I inserted a 4 second delay for weaponskills due to animation (I can't remember offhand the minimum lockout during weaponskill)

What I found is that due to the lower delay, Annihilator keeps up with the Skirmish Bow very early on and surpasses it in damage for very very short periods of time. There is a back and forth between the two from 0 - 2 minutes, but after that period, the skirmish bow begins to pulls ahead and by the time 5 minutes have passed, the skirmish bow does 4% more damage. In my tally using the above numbers for damage, after 5 minutes the Skirmish bow only does 25 weaponskills plus 2 shots for 512,665 damage vs Annihilator that does 30 weaponskills plus 1 shot for 492,364 damage. On the surface, 4% doesn't seem like much until you see those numbers which is a 20k damage difference.

Of course Gun and Bow have different sweet spots and more often than not when facing mobs with AoE's, Gun is at a disadvantage and is out of the sweet spot range where bow is. At this point, the gun keeps up for a very very short period, but the bow pulls ahead by a large margin and after 5 minutes, the difference is 69k.

Right now, for Annihilator to be on equal footing with the Skirmish Bow for fights longer than 2 minutes, it would require new bullets that are at least 273 DMG (or a new ilvl bump of +20 DMG) if both are in the sweet spot.

i was referring to this simulation Tummie made, unless we have reasons to believe it's not accurate.
 Lakshmi.Tummie
By Lakshmi.Tummie 2016-02-10 15:20:59
Link | Quote | Reply

It was not very close before the update. We did parse it, it's why I stopped using my anni and switched to nobility. On the other hand anni vs yoi using relic ws was very close before the update.

Post update it should be different with Annihilator being the same or slightly better than Nobility when capped under the new attack cap and with AM up. To even get to that point though, you will need 3.5x more attack than the mobs defense to even reach that amount.
 Lakshmi.Tummie
By Lakshmi.Tummie 2016-02-10 15:25:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Xijaah said: »
Here's my analysis of this, and this is pretty quick math (I can post the graph and sets if needed be. The graph is quite large)

I was interested in this as well and in reality, the spreadsheet total DPS doesn't give a clear picture of this. It only gives overall DPS but doesn't account for moments where one weapon can pull ahead of the other which does occur when comparing Anni/Last Stand vs Skirmish/JR for the first few weaponskill rounds.

I did a simple plot of both weapon based on their delay using 66% snapshot (Flurry and VS buffs + preshot snapshot). Target was Tojil with capped attack. Acc of course was capped as well.

Annihilator was an average of 1950.96 per shot every 2.43 seconds with 10,429 damage on Last Stand. Skirmish bow was an average of 1733.93 per shot every 2.81 seconds with 15,096 damage on Jishnu's Radiance. Both were set up to gain enough tp for a WS at the start after 4 shots using Reforged Relic for recycle. After the first weaponskill was used, TP to 100 was 3 shots. I inserted a 4 second delay for weaponskills due to animation (I can't remember offhand the minimum lockout during weaponskill)

What I found is that due to the lower delay, Annihilator keeps up with the Skirmish Bow very early on and surpasses it in damage for very very short periods of time. There is a back and forth between the two from 0 - 2 minutes, but after that period, the skirmish bow begins to pulls ahead and by the time 5 minutes have passed, the skirmish bow does 4% more damage. In my tally using the above numbers for damage, after 5 minutes the Skirmish bow only does 25 weaponskills plus 2 shots for 512,665 damage vs Annihilator that does 30 weaponskills plus 1 shot for 492,364 damage. On the surface, 4% doesn't seem like much until you see those numbers which is a 20k damage difference.

Of course Gun and Bow have different sweet spots and more often than not when facing mobs with AoE's, Gun is at a disadvantage and is out of the sweet spot range where bow is. At this point, the gun keeps up for a very very short period, but the bow pulls ahead by a large margin and after 5 minutes, the difference is 69k.

Right now, for Annihilator to be on equal footing with the Skirmish Bow for fights longer than 2 minutes, it would require new bullets that are at least 273 DMG (or a new ilvl bump of +20 DMG) if both are in the sweet spot.

i was referring to this simulation Tummie made, unless we have reasons to believe it's not accurate.

Honestly, I would love a plugin that actually charts the damage over time using the timestamps and then graphs the overall damage.
 Asura.Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2016-02-11 19:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess we should define what very close is. Any time I get beat by more than 5% on a parse for repeated fights I figure out what is wrong with my set - good rangers should parse very close to one another. I would agree with what Tummie posted a while back. Most of the fights I am doing are more than 5 minutes (i.e. ru'aun seiryu fights and zi'tah pixie and pazuzu fights). Ultimately I guess we'll have to parse things once people have some upgraded weapons.
 Asura.Xijaah
By Asura.Xijaah 2016-02-12 04:59:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone got to test how ranged ws's are doing with the new pdif cap?
 Bahamut.Lykinia
Server: Bahamut
user: ducky25
By Bahamut.Lykinia 2016-02-12 08:57:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Lionsquall, if anyone cares, augs are +50 r.acc, stp+8, +5 snapshot.
 Lakshmi.Tummie
By Lakshmi.Tummie 2016-02-15 15:21:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Xijaah said: »
Anyone got to test how ranged ws's are doing with the new pdif cap?

You will see higher damage for sure but it won't change the weaponskill hierarchy. The only takeaway is that Detonator/Empyreal are good weaponskills pre Jishnu/Last Stand when you aren't near the attack cap since both have a hidden 2x Attack modifier.
First Page 2 3 ... 83 84 85 ... 130 131 132