Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-09-30 14:20:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Path C on the su5 bow has:
[1] Additional ammo damage: +250%
[2] Additional ammo accuracy +150
[3] DMG: +6

which is presumably meant to pair with the scout's bolts. You could get a decent idea if the actual Su5 weapon was worthwhile testing the bolts with GandivaGastraphetes, though.

Holy bolts were pretty decent for quite a while, and then keep in mind a trueflight based setup is likely already running m.acc, mab buffs alongside aurorastorm2 and malaise.
[+]
By Foxfire 2018-09-30 15:21:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I assume you meant gastra?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-09-30 15:25:22
Link | Quote | Reply

i did, fixed
 Cerberus.Resetti
Server: Cerberus
user: Freezepop
By Cerberus.Resetti 2018-09-30 19:31:49
Link | Quote | Reply

That would be awesome if the ammo got augged too! I wouldn't see why it doesn't its created by the E-shield tomes too.
 Shiva.Darksniper
Server: Shiva
user: Tshi
By Shiva.Darksniper 2018-09-30 23:43:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi, Can someone post the best Midshot STP and Acc set . Thanks below is my stp set Midshot any comments?

head={ name="Arcadian Beret +3", augments={'Enhances "Recycle" effect',}},
body="Oshosi Vest +1",
hands={ name="Adhemar Wrist. +1",
legs={ name="Adhemar Kecks +1",
feet="Meg. Jam. +2",
neck="Iskur Gorget",
waist="Yemaya Belt",
left_ear="Enervating Earring",
right_ear="Telos Earring",
left_ring="Ilabrat Ring",
right_ring="Petrov Ring",
Back STP cape
 Asura.Lanun
Server: Asura
By Asura.Lanun 2018-10-01 00:17:45
Link | Quote | Reply

@Darksniper.
TP overflow doesn't bother me in the low acc set. Assuming the only time RNG is being used is with full-time SAM Rolls, these are the 3 sets I use.

The high acc set can be better with Orion hand/legs but not worth sacrificing the STP from adhemar in those slots.

~Photo

ItemSet 361731
ItemSet 361732
ItemSet 361733
[+]
 Cerberus.Resetti
Server: Cerberus
user: Freezepop
By Cerberus.Resetti 2018-10-01 00:23:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Darksniper said: »
Hi, Can someone post the best Midshot STP and Acc set . Thanks below is my stp set Midshot any comments?

head={ name="Arcadian Beret +3", augments={'Enhances "Recycle" effect',}},
body="Oshosi Vest +1",
hands={ name="Adhemar Wrist. +1",
legs={ name="Adhemar Kecks +1",
feet="Meg. Jam. +2",
neck="Iskur Gorget",
waist="Yemaya Belt",
left_ear="Enervating Earring",
right_ear="Telos Earring",
left_ring="Ilabrat Ring",
right_ring="Petrov Ring",
Back STP cape
Dedition earring and Herc feet with stp+8(magic path using fern)would improve your stp set
 Shiva.Darksniper
Server: Shiva
user: Tshi
By Shiva.Darksniper 2018-10-01 01:30:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Guys..
By irrelliuss 2018-10-05 20:33:39
Link | Quote | Reply

So, can anyone either caption the pictures in the original faq or fix the links to show the pictures again? All that is currently there is a broken link and a description without the name or picture of what is being described.
By Foxfire 2018-10-05 23:53:14
Link | Quote | Reply

You asked the same thing two months ago. All relevant sets are in the respective preshot/midshot/ws threads. What exact information are you trying to obtain?
By irrelliuss 2018-10-09 22:04:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I want to know what weapon and equipment the faq is talking about when it mentions weapons and equipment. A generic weapon description with no working picture isn't helpful. I want to know what my next weapon goal should be.
By BlaTheTaru 2018-10-09 22:49:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you have a way to make an Aeonic? If so then make one. If not make an Annihilator until you're capable.
By Confucion 2018-10-16 10:26:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Any testing done on Orpheus's Sash?
By Weeew 2018-10-17 04:05:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Any testing done on Su5 crossbow? Or at least the new bolts?
[+]
 Asura.Louieck
By Asura.Louieck 2018-10-17 10:18:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Confucion said: »
I did some testing on cor with leaden salute on lvl 1 rabbits outside sandy a while ago which should be the same for trueflight/wildfire. 1-5 yalms Orpheus's Sash wins, 6-15 yalms Hachirin-no-Obi with day bonus wins (Did not test with day+weather, day+double weather, or just double weather but good to assume the extra 10-25% boost will put it bis) if no weather Orpheus's Sash still wins. At 15 yalms i was getting 1500 more dmg and at 1 yalm 4,300 dmg over normal leaden gear.

Normal leaden salute gear 25,390
with sash below
15 yalms - 26,897
14 yalms - 27,097
13 yalms - 27,297
12 yalms - 27,496
11 yalms - 27,695
10 yalms - 27,902
9 yalms - 28,102
8 yalms - 28,300
7 yalms - 28,500
*28,600ish with obi+darks day
6 yalms - 28,700
5 yalms - 28,899
4 yalms - 29,105
3 yalms - 29,305
2 yalms - 29,505
1 yalms - 29,704
* Did not write exact obi ws dmg down just rounded it because I was more focused on sash testing.

all weapon skills were done 5 times and after the rabbit stopped moving, I fired off at 3k TP so nothing would vary in dmg.

If you can be in range and no weather the sash is great but for rng most the time i'm at 20 yalms so it doesn't get used much.

I also tested on holy bolts and rolling thunder (smn enspike thingy) but the dmg increase wasn't much. It only increased the dmg by 6 for both when I was 1 yalm away. Also the sash must be on your midshot/engaged set to get the extra dmg so giving up your tp wasit for a few extra dmg isn't worth it. (did not test rdm En effects or casting as i think that was already done)
By Confucion 2018-10-17 11:17:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Louieck said: »
I did some testing on cor with leaden salute on lvl 1 rabbits outside sandy a while ago which should be the same for trueflight/wildfire. 1-5 yalms Orpheus's Sash wins, 6-15 yalms Hachirin-no-Obi with day bonus wins (Did not test with day+weather, day+double weather, or just double weather but good to assume the extra 10-25% boost will put it bis) if no weather Orpheus's Sash still wins. At 15 yalms i was getting 1500 more dmg and at 1 yalm 4,300 dmg over normal leaden gear.

Normal leaden salute gear 25,390
with sash below
15 yalms - 26,897
14 yalms - 27,097
13 yalms - 27,297
12 yalms - 27,496
11 yalms - 27,695
10 yalms - 27,902
9 yalms - 28,102
8 yalms - 28,300
7 yalms - 28,500
*28,600ish with obi+darks day
6 yalms - 28,700
5 yalms - 28,899
4 yalms - 29,105
3 yalms - 29,305
2 yalms - 29,505
1 yalms - 29,704
* Did not write exact obi ws dmg down just rounded it because I was more focused on sash testing.

all weapon skills were done 5 times and after the rabbit stopped moving, I fired off at 3k TP so nothing would vary in dmg.

If you can be in range and no weather the sash is great but for rng most the time i'm at 20 yalms so it doesn't get used much.

I also tested on holy bolts and rolling thunder (smn enspike thingy) but the dmg increase wasn't much. It only increased the dmg by 6 for both when I was 1 yalm away. Also the sash must be on your midshot/engaged set to get the extra dmg so giving up your tp wasit for a few extra dmg isn't worth it. (did not test rdm En effects or casting as i think that was already done)

Wow, you are awesome. Thanks so much for that!

I primarily use RNG in Omen and Dynamis and have a SCH in my group that keeps me locked with Aurorastorm 2, so that answers that. The only other place I use RNG is Ambu where Last Stand seems to be king.

By the by, it insane how much damage RNG pumps out in Dynamis Wave 3 trash and on Wave 3 boss. Easily hitting 93k TF's with Gastra, Obi, & Aurorastorm 2.

Came out on top of WARs and CORs this past couple runs.
 Asura.Zeroburning
By Asura.Zeroburning 2018-10-19 20:58:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Did Test The new bolts and sadly there trash
By Weeew 2018-10-21 06:28:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Confucion can you tell me a little more about your ranger experience in wave 3? What set are you using to tp? Are you getting any accuracy/magic acc buffs and any magic attack buffs other than aurorastorm? Also are you using trueflight on the trash mobs and fetters?

I have a Myhtic COR and mythic RNG, just going to start attempting wave 3 and confused about which job to take.
[+]
By Confucion 2018-10-21 12:09:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Weeew said: »
Confucion can you tell me a little more about your ranger experience in wave 3? What set are you using to tp? Are you getting any accuracy/magic acc buffs and any magic attack buffs other than aurorastorm? Also are you using trueflight on the trash mobs and fetters?

I have a Myhtic COR and mythic RNG, just going to start attempting wave 3 and confused about which job to take.

Mythic COR and Mythic RNG dominate, but Ranger edges out with consistent Aurorastorm 2. If you want to PM me with your discord I'd be happy to send over my LUA file to show my TP/WS sets.

Buffs are Sam Roll / Tactician's Roll, Aurorastorm 2, Minuet x2 / Prelude x2, Flurry 2 with SCH and RDM sticking debuffs.

Trueflight crushes everything in Dynamis with the exception of wave 2 boss, which I'll use TF to get AM3 up and them spam Last Stand. Windy has been the exception, TF does the best damage on the Wave 2 boss there.

I have a Solid Racc set but since the Bard keeps Prelude x2 on me I can stay in my STP set the entire run.

TF does about 90k damage average on all Fomor (I can one shot Fomor on pulls), the Fetters resist it a bit more depending on their element.

Without Aurorastorm 2 on me, Mythic COR will dominate every time. I'm lucky in that we have an amazing SCH who can stick debuffs, heal in a pinch, and keep us buffed throughout the run. If you don't have that then you'll want to run with COR imo.

At the end of every parse its a mythic COR and myself neck and neck every time for the top spot.
[+]
 Asura.Zeroburning
By Asura.Zeroburning 2018-10-21 13:25:11
Link | Quote | Reply

once you have Gastra to +15% youll cap dmg just about everytime on the fodders in wave 3 but yea normally my set up is RNG RNG COR COR BRD GEO to full time double and triple shot with random deals and swaping the brd out every 11 mins for Sch storms then usually ahead in parce about 2-3% on Rng if my rotation is right the parce so far has been Gastra>DP>DP>fomal
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-10-21 13:35:36
Link | Quote | Reply

If your ahead of COR by so much I'm guessing you're not using Rayke on the Volte leaders. Tenebrae Rayke will move their dark affinity from 50% -> 80%. That removes the 100% double resist from Leaden Salute. You can get 100k Leaden Salute on those this way. Once we started doing this, RNG has never beaten COR on the parse. You can do the same thing for the wave 2 bosses, although they all have either 30% or 50% affinity to Light or Dark, so you can use Lux or Tenebrae. We choose Tenebrae because, affinity aside, Leaden is stronger than Trueflight due to COR relic.
[+]
By Confucion 2018-10-21 16:18:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snaps said: »
If your ahead of COR by so much I'm guessing you're not using Rayke on the Volte leaders. Tenebrae Rayke will move their dark affinity from 50% -> 80%. That removes the 100% double resist from Leaden Salute. You can get 100k Leaden Salute on those this way. Once we started doing this, RNG has never beaten COR on the parse. You can do the same thing for the wave 2 bosses, although they all have either 30% or 50% affinity to Light or Dark, so you can use Lux or Tenebrae. We choose Tenebrae because, affinity aside, Leaden is stronger than Trueflight due to COR relic.

I like the idea of Rayke being used but your last line is confusing. Gastra is to TF as DP is to Leaden so saying Leaden is inherently stronger than TF makes no sense, unless I'm missing something?
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-10-21 16:21:24
Link | Quote | Reply

relic armor for cor is stronger than relic armor for rng for the two ws is what i took it as
 Odin.Archaide
Server: Odin
user: Archaide
By Odin.Archaide 2018-10-21 17:50:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
relic armor for cor is stronger than relic armor for rng for the two ws is what i took it as

LS also has the benefit of Pixie Hairpin +1 and Archon Ring for an ungodly amount of dark affinity (+33). TF only gets Weatherspoon Ring for +10 Light Affinity and that’s only if they chose that adoulin ring. Dual Malevolence brings them closer together but still not enough in a lot of cases. Just my opinion.
[+]
By Confucion 2018-10-22 11:57:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah that's interesting. I wonder if anyone has done the math on total MAB, Macc, and AGI for BiS on LS and TF. That math gets a little wonky trying to calculate for perfect augments, not even taking into consideration insane DM augs.

Great to perfect Herc Helm augs beat Pixie Hairpin though.

It seems like best Oseem augs would come from Taupe for these to hit 15 AGI 35 MAB 4% WSD on Herc, over Fern for the 10 AGI 35 MAB 5% WSD.
By Afania 2018-10-22 13:43:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah that's interesting. I wonder if anyone has done the math on total MAB, Macc, and AGI for BiS on LS and TF. That math gets a little wonky trying to calculate for perfect augments, not even taking into consideration insane DM augs.

Great to perfect Herc Helm augs beat Pixie Hairpin though.

It seems like best Oseem augs would come from Taupe for these to hit 15 AGI 35 MAB 4% WSD on Herc, over Fern for the 10 AGI 35 MAB 5% WSD.

Cor has access to DM augments like RNG, as well as higher mab from gifts, and higher mab from ammo.

In terms of ws:
leaden ftp is 4/6.7/10
TF is 3.89/6.49/9.67

So yeah math wise leaden is inherently stronger.

I think leaden is generally stronger because of higher ftp and better gear/gift access unless I'm missing some God tier TF gears besides Malevolence. Cor has access to Rostam now so it's not like leaden is lacking in main hand department anymore.

However volte are reported to take more TF dmg than leaden since they are formor, so TF may be competitive or better on wave 3.

On normal mobs without special resistance, I'm not seeing TF with bis beating bis leaden, personally.

Edit: if you are shooting and doing a 2hr long content, rng may also have an edge because they have lower double shot recast. But in terms of pure ws power, leaden is probably stronger as a whole.

Edit2: fixed for accuracy.....double shot recast not duration.
[+]
 Bismarck.Feanorsof
Server: Bismarck
user: Feanorsof
By Bismarck.Feanorsof 2018-10-22 14:18:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I would say RNG also has an advantage in that 2 hour long content.
With Velocity shot and items like Arcadian Beret, RNG WS frequency would be higher as well, although I don’t know how that would compare with COR meleeing for TP. I think RNG also did better with their double shot enhancement gear with Arcadian Jerkin vs COR quad shot hands, as the proc rate is much higher.
By Odinz 2018-10-22 15:08:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Every time I have seen a SUPER OVA LEET "I beat RNGs" COR go up against good RNGs, they get murdered on the parse.
Talking the server's top 1,2,3 players with the best gear get destroyed by not ranked random pug RNG with good gear.

Its embarrassing this conversation is still happening.

RNGS>COR in 90% of situations on DMG
By Huehuehue 2018-10-22 15:17:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Both RNG and COR are monsters in Wave3 the only difference I see that RNG wins on WS frequency in extended fights. Also seems like RNG has more access to RACC(wave3 has high eva)

Snaps pointed out using Rayke either way(Lux or Tenebrae) is very potent and depending on your setup/mob you can choose which to use.

We tend to SC Leader and zerg fodders and even without rayke trueflight closes light 99k>99k on almost all the leaders. i would assume doing LS>darkness would yield similar results.

Like Zeroburning said above we do disjoined as
RNG RNG COR COR GEO BRD (SCH Swap every 11mins for aurora2)
Double/Triple is fulltime with the use of RandomDeals/WildCards
(warlock wizards miser sam honor 2xprelude 2xetude acumen/focus/agi/malaise(if entrust reset with random also))

Everyone is at the same WS frequency(COR with higher WS AVG parse lead) until the 2nd set of rolls is needed,which is when the RNG could pull ahead slightly.

If double/triple fall to standard CD rotation, and/or if the fight is long, duration is the same but recast is 3m compared to 5m. RNG could pull ahead here.

Some other thoughts I had, more evident to me in wave3 is the importance of macc in your TF set. The hit rate cap of magic WS seems hard to get solid tests for. Would be cool to hear others thoughts on this and how it macc/agi could relate to it.

I've compared orion beret+3(+14agi/10wsd) to herc helm(29macc/35mabb) in my set 290~340mab.
The damage would frequently lean towards the orion(less than 1k dmg difference, very close).
But, thats trading peak dmg for macc and on disjoined my overall WS avg was more than 1k lower just from dropping the 30macc.
Similar thought is when I tested chatoyant/trilling vs malevolence sometimes peak dmg can be higher but the loss of macc could mean overall less ws avg.

So when augmenting I would recommend to not only look for the peak dmg with mab/agi/wsd but also keep focus on your overall macc value.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-10-22 15:20:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Odinz said: »
Every time I have seen a SUPER OVA LEET "I beat RNGs" COR go up against good RNGs, they get murdered on the parse.
Talking the server's top 1,2,3 players with the best gear get destroyed by not ranked random pug RNG with good gear.

Its embarrassing this conversation is still happening.

RNGS>COR in 90% of situations on DMG

cool story
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 121 122 123 ... 130 131 132