Forum » Windower » Support » Gear Collector
Gear Collector
 Odin.Leonidus
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Leonidus
By Odin.Leonidus 2013-05-14 23:39:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I've recently gotten gear collector added to my windower arsenal. Im running into some issues:

1. Lack of Documentations - everytime i wonder things like where is file x.xml or how do i have it not place things in my mog sack. i find that location that answer even with google can be quite a task.

2. Issue with Storage - despite setting <usestorage>true</usestorage> it still seems to ignore storage. Im thinking this might be an issue since they recently changed the storage access. but either way im always missing gear that i put there before

3. Charis Tiara +1 - it just wont come out of my storage into my inventory. its bugging me
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-05-15 16:09:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I can answer the third one. It's because it acknowledges the abbreviated names, not the full names. For example, if you want to move around the Hecatomb Subligar +1, you have to do something like this
Code
<set name="blahblah">
	<main>Hct. Subligar +1</main>
	<sub></sub>
</set>

And stick that into your spellcast xml somewhere under Sets. That's how I've been doing it, anyways.
 Odin.Leonidus
Server: Odin
user: Leonidus
By Odin.Leonidus 2013-05-17 17:30:17
Link | Quote | Reply

that would make sense if Charis Tiara +1 had abbreviations but its just that under hte items and equipment menus. Charis Tiara +1
 Leviathan.Ripp
Server: Leviathan
user: Ripp
By Leviathan.Ripp 2013-05-21 13:43:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Im just trying to figure out how to use GC and I cant find a detailed guide anywhere. I checked I had sc and gc loaded and tried //gc nin and nothing happened at all - as if the plugin wasnt even loaded. Have I got the global or gearcollector xmls in the wrong file or something?
 Bahamut.Krizz
Server: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2013-05-22 20:30:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm having issues configuring this as well.

I downloaded spellcast, wrote a basic xml with my gearsets, and confirmed that spellcast will recognize the sets in game.

I tell gear collector to load any of the gear sets or groups, and I get 'Error while parsing spellcast XML, terminating.'

What am I screwing up?
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-05-22 20:34:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Krizz said: »
I'm having issues configuring this as well.

I downloaded spellcast, wrote a basic xml with my gearsets, and confirmed that spellcast will recognize the sets in game.

I tell gear collector to load any of the gear sets or groups, and I get 'Error while parsing spellcast XML, terminating.'

What am I screwing up?
Can you pastebin your test xml?
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2013-05-22 20:36:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Code is in spoiler.
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2013-05-22 20:58:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Nevermind, I got it! My syntax was wrong on the command. I didn't realize I needed to use the file's name first since spellcast knew which one already.

Edit: Though it appears to not be reading the allowed storage locations from the global xml.

Edit2: Reload solved that as well.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-05-22 21:14:13
Link | Quote | Reply

^^ cool
 Valefor.Midknight
Server: Valefor
user: Midknight
By Valefor.Midknight 2013-05-23 08:47:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Leonidus,
1. I can help you with some specific questions, but I haven't come across any extensive documentation either.
2. It won't access my storage either no matter how I adjust the global.xml. I think your theory is right about this.
3. See #2. Try putting your charis tiara +1 in safe or locker and see if the problem persists. My only other guess is that maybe you've +2'ed the piece since then and forgot to change the name?
 Valefor.Midknight
Server: Valefor
user: Midknight
By Valefor.Midknight 2013-05-23 09:12:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Ripp said: »
Im just trying to figure out how to use GC and I cant find a detailed guide anywhere. I checked I had sc and gc loaded and tried //gc nin and nothing happened at all - as if the plugin wasnt even loaded. Have I got the global or gearcollector xmls in the wrong file or something?
I'm going to try and help you narrow down the problem to start with.
If GearCollector is loaded, when you type in //gc nin you should get one of two responses.
1. A message in chat window that says something like "Starting collection. Safe[On] Locker[On] Satchel[On] Sack[On] Storage[Off]"
2. An error in the windower console: "Error while parsing spellcast XML, terminating."
If you are NOT getting either message, see A) below. If you are getting one of those messages, see B).
A) Either Gearcollector is not loaded or you are mistyping the command. To type directly into the console, you would use gc nin without the //. If you're typing into FFXI's chat window directly, you would use //gc nin. The command to load gearcollector is literally just load gearcollector in the console or //load gearcollector in chat window.
B)Your gearcollector plugin is loaded! If you get the windower console error message from #2 above, there's probably an issue with your .XML files. Both your NIN.XML file and Global.XML files should be in the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Windower3.432\plugins\spellcast or wherever your plugins\spellcast folder is located. Your NIN.XML file needs to have at least a basic structure like this:
Code
<spellcast>
<sets>
<group name="main">
<set name="putsomethinghere">
<main>Super Awesome Katana +1</main>
<head>Bucket +2</head>
<feet>Danzo Sune-Ate</feet>
</set>
</group>
</sets>
</spellcast>

If you have any further issues, let me know.
By Yandaime 2013-05-28 11:08:13
Link | Quote | Reply

How exactly do I set the Storage settings to True? The link in Windower's setting file brings me to a page where I can see the setting brackets but It wont let me edit them.

Windower used to have like a wiki page that had guides on how to tweak/settup their apps but last time I checked, that page was very outdated and I think I saw it taken down at some point. It would be nice to have a "Plugins for Dummies" page or something

But yea, can someone walk me through the process of letting my GearCollector use the Storage?
 Ragnarok.Ikonic
user: Ikonic
By Ragnarok.Ikonic 2013-06-05 10:30:43
Link | Quote | Reply

These are probably two of the only links to any real info about the plugin that isn't just a user reply on a forum.

http://forums.windower.net/files/file/44-gearcollector/

http://wiki.windower.net/display/Windower/GearCollector
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [543 days between previous and next post]
By Nazrious 2014-11-30 14:00:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know if there is a similar way to have this functionality with Gear Swap?

a script etc that can be added to it?
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2014-11-30 14:33:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I would love to know...

Been doing //gs export inventory xml and using spellcast just for gear collector.

sucks every time you get a new piece armor you have to add it to the lua and the xml...
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
user: Zaphor
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-12-01 00:35:48
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't need to use Spellcast at all for that, GC works completely separately from it. You just need to put the XMLs in the Spellcast folder, because that's where it will look for them. I can adjust it so it tries to look in the GS folder as well.
By Nazrious 2014-12-01 02:06:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Arcon said: »
You don't need to use Spellcast at all for that, GC works completely separately from it. You just need to put the XMLs in the Spellcast folder, because that's where it will look for them. I can adjust it so it tries to look in the GS folder as well.

What will it cost for you to do this? First born?...

I might be willing... j/k

but really that would be great.
By Nazrious 2014-12-01 02:21:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Code
		<spellcast>
<config
Debug="false"
ShowGearSwaps="false"
NormalSet="IDLE"
EngagedSet="$TP"
/>
<sets>
<set name="gearup">
<item>Linkshell</item>
<item>Echo Drops</item>
<!--<item>shihei</item>-->
<item>Mavi Kavuk +2</item>
<!--<item>Genbu's Shield</item>-->
<!--<item>Chatoyant Staff</item>-->
<!--<item>Oneiros Grip</item>-->
<!--<item>Almace</item>-->
<!--<item>Sanus Ensis</item>-->
<item>Bolelabunga</item>
<item>Chaac Belt</item>
</set>
</spellcast>	

Found this bit of code in Elvaanmoq's blu xml and was wondering if something like this could be expanded to just a list of all the gear and saved in the SC folder to do the trick.

I tacked on the
Code
------------------------at top-------------------------------<spellcast>
<config
Debug="false"
ShowGearSwaps="false"
NormalSet="IDLE"
EngagedSet="$TP"
/>
<sets> 
----------------------------- at end -------------------------
</spellcast>	

Not sure if thats proper if even needed.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-01 15:21:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I think they want it to collect gear based on your lua, from the gearswap file, rather than having to export sets, change name and save
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-12-02 02:23:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »

I think they want it to collect gear based on your lua, from the gearswap file, rather than having to export sets, change name and save

I know but that's not gonna happen any time soon. Adjusting this is a minor change, so that's what I'll do. Then you only need to export and nothing else.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-02 11:14:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I know but that's not gonna happen any time soon. Adjusting this is a minor change, so that's what I'll do. Then you only need to export and nothing else.

Can you make it export into a file name that matches your Lua file name then and deletes any existing entries prior? That would get around the issue entirely I think.
 Asura.Darvamos
VIP
Server: Asura
user: Demmis
By Asura.Darvamos 2014-12-23 23:20:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you make it export into a file name that matches your Lua file name then and deletes any existing entries prior? That would get around the issue entirely I think.
Not excatly what you want but there are some "hidden" export features aka they were never added to the variable.xlsx file for average user to know about.
"gs export xml mainjob" will export a Name_MJOB.xml file
"gs export xml mainsubjob" will export a Name_MJOB_SJOB.xml
theres also an overwrite command
"gs export xml overwrite mainjob" will export a Name_JOB.xml file that will overwrite any currently in the export folder.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-01-09 18:06:18
Link | Quote | Reply

LS mate is using this and I took rmeote control of his PC to check, it is loaded, re installed incase corrupted copy, gave him an XML made by Gearswap, even tried mine, and it parses the data

But then doesn't collect anything, just sits there and does *** all.

Any suggestions?
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2015-01-09 23:27:59
Link | Quote | Reply

That usually happens because GC doesn't check if a bag is enabled. So if your Mog Locker is disabled (because it expired or you're not in a MH something) and it tries to get items from there, it will infinite loop waiting for the item to move to the inventory, which will never happen.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-01-10 12:21:25
Link | Quote | Reply

That usually happens because GC doesn't check if a bag is enabled. So if your Mog Locker is disabled (because it expired or you're not in a MH something) and it tries to get items from there, it will infinite loop waiting for the item to move to the inventory, which will never happen.

I checked that and pulled 1 item out of every box, in a Jeuno Mog House. I disabled Safe, and it's working.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [445 days between previous and next post]
 Lakshmi.Scrollios
Premium
Server: Lakshmi
user: Scroll
By Lakshmi.Scrollios 2016-03-30 13:53:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Any chance there's a new version of this around with Mog wardrobe support? :>
 Asura.Darvamos
VIP
Server: Asura
user: Demmis
By Asura.Darvamos 2016-03-30 14:17:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Gearcollector stop getting updated/maintained because they released the Organizer addon. It does what gearcollector did but way faster and with a ton more options. Though it doesn't support old spellcast xmls.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Scrollios
Premium
Server: Lakshmi
user: Scroll
By Lakshmi.Scrollios 2016-03-30 17:08:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Darvamos said: »
Gearcollector stop getting updated/maintained because they released the Organizer addon. It does what gearcollector did but way faster and with a ton more options. Though it doesn't support old spellcast xmls.

Thank you!