Yoichi Best Rng Weapon Now?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Yoichi best rng weapon now?
Yoichi best rng weapon now?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
By bcider 2013-05-09 14:09:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Yoichi updated to the new bow levels will beat the new guns by a substantial amount of white dmg and have better delay. Add in being able to use jisnus radiance and it seems gun will fall behind. Unless they balance bullets to be on par, gun will fall behind.
 Bismarck.Zubuis
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Zubuis
By Bismarck.Zubuis 2013-05-09 14:16:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Feels good man.
By Baniak 2013-05-09 14:26:14
Link | Quote | Reply

None said relics will be updated to match new weapons.
If you assume they will You shuld assume Empyrean will too.
In that case you will end up doing Jishnu with your 99 Gandiva (aftermath) that will be require to make Jishnu access for other bows.
By bcider 2013-05-09 14:31:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Baniak said: »
In that case you will end up doing Jishnu with your 99 Gandiva (aftermath) that will be require to make Jishnu access for other bows.

Read the latest dev post. All RME weapons dmg and stats are getting buffed. Coin weapons will be used to unlock their weapons skills for use on any weapon.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-05-09 14:41:47
Link | Quote | Reply

from what was posted earlier, you will need to make the 99 WoE to have the Emp WSs.

If they increase all the weapons equally by percentage, you are looking at a 65% dmg increase.
Annihalator would go to ~125 dmg/582 delay, 270 counting Dam Bullets,
Yoichi would go to ~208 dmg/524 delay, 271 counting Mantid Arrows.

that isnt a huge difference in delay, but gun may pull ahead due to being easier to x-hit.

thats a lot of ifs though
By bcider 2013-05-09 14:54:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

from what was posted earlier, you will need to make the 99 WoE to have the Emp WSs.

If they increase all the weapons equally by percentage, you are looking at a 65% dmg increase.

that isnt a huge difference in delay, but gun may pull ahead due to being easier to x-hit.

Looking at the new seakers weapons, bows got a 75% increase vs gun of about 35% increase. I doubt gun will see 120 base dmg. Yoichi would be closer to 220 dmg most likely.
 Bismarck.Helel
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-09 15:01:27
Link | Quote | Reply

bcider said: »
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

Looking at the new seakers weapons, bows got a 75% increase vs gun of about 35% increase. I doubt gun will see 120 base dmg. Yoichi would be closer to 220 dmg most likely.

The new bow has a high base damage because of its high delay. Yoichi has a much lower delay and has always had a much lower base damage than annihilator (coupled with ammo). I fail to see how it will even come close to beating annihilator, even if it does have slightly higher base damage. Last stand destroys any weapon skill bows have to offer. Same is true of gandiva.
By bcider 2013-05-09 15:01:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Also lets not forget the new 250 dmg crafted bow. With arrows thats around 310 dmg. Jishnus will be insane with that.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-05-09 19:07:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Also lets not forget the new 250 dmg crafted bow. With arrows thats around 310 dmg. Jishnus will be insane with that.

so will the hate, which is one of the main issues with RNG, we can dish out damage, but not take much at all. Coronach is great for that,
 Sylph.Mirvana
Server: Sylph
user: Mirvana
By Sylph.Mirvana 2013-05-09 19:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to mention any ammo updates would greatly favor gun's total DMG as well.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2013-05-09 19:57:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a hard time believing a Namas Arrow or Jishnu's coming from a lower damage bow will be better than Last Stand coming from a higher damage gun.
 Remora.Brain
Server: Remora
user: Arucaurd
By Remora.Brain 2013-05-09 20:51:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't the fTP on Jishnu's better than Last Stand? Jishnu's 5.85 vs Last Stand's 4.4 at 100 tp.

The mods on LS are better but Jishnu's can crit and the higher base damage of weapons waters down WSC values on WS I thought?
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-09 21:12:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Jishnu's does have better fTP, but it will very rarely outdo the damage from last stand, due to much higher base damage on guns (assuming yoichi/gandiva still remain below). Dead aim does not proc on weapon skills either.

However, like I said above, JR will certainly destroy last stand with the newer high delay bows.

Annihilator for situations where you need to control hate, otherwise, JR with high delay bow for pure damage.
 Lakshmi.Tanama
Server: Lakshmi
user: JDvasquez
By Lakshmi.Tanama 2013-05-10 04:32:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Following the pattern on Matsui's post it looks like the buffed 99 Annihilator and Yoichi bow will have Ranged Accuracy+60 Ranged Attack+50 and the rest of the ranged legendaries will get R.Acc/R.Att+20 added along with their base DMG increase.
 Sylph.Mirvana
user: Mirvana
By Sylph.Mirvana 2013-05-10 05:16:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Tanama said: »
Following the pattern on Matsui's post it looks like the buffed 99 Annihilator and Yoichi bow will have Ranged Accuracy+60 Ranged Attack+50 and the rest of the ranged legendaries will get R.Acc/R.Att+20 added along with their base DMG increase.

[+]
 Sylph.Washburn
user: Washburn
By Sylph.Washburn 2013-05-10 05:39:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Using the % increase given in the example on excalibur by Matsui, i came up with likely models for yoichi and anni after the upgrade

Yoichinoyumi before:
DMG:126
Delay:524
Ranged Accuracy+40 Ranged Attack+30
"Namas Arrow"

Yoichinoyumi after:
DMG:208 or 209 (depends if they round the decimal up)
Ranged Accuracy+60 Ranged Attack+50
"Namas Arrow"

Arrow delay is almost always 90, and best dmg arrow now is 63, so overall dmg on bow will be 271-272

Annihilator before:
DMG:76
Delay:582
Ranged Acuracy+40 Ranged Attack+30
"Coronach"

Annihilator after:
DMG:125-126
"Coronach"

Damascus bullet dmg is 145, so overall dmg should be 270-271
 Asura.Ccl
Server: Asura
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2013-05-10 05:44:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Mantid arrow dmg is 63.
 Sylph.Washburn
user: Washburn
By Sylph.Washburn 2013-05-10 05:48:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ccl said: »
Mantid arrow dmg is 63.
Yeah i caught that, sorry. Its edited now. Thanks.
[+]
By bcider 2013-05-10 13:39:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Washburn said: »
Using the % increase given in the example on excalibur by Matsui, i came up with likely models for yoichi and anni after the upgrade

Yoichinoyumi before:
"Namas Arrow"

Yoichinoyumi after:
"Namas Arrow"

Arrow delay is almost always 90, and best dmg arrow now is 63, so overall dmg on bow will be 271-272

Annihilator before:
"Coronach"

Annihilator after:
"Coronach"

I don't believe these will be true. They will most likely be matching damage to the new Delve Weapons. Going by that Annihilator will only have around 107 dmg versus Yoichi with 220 dmg.
[+]
 Cerberus.Cahlum
Server: Cerberus
user: Cahlum
By Cerberus.Cahlum 2013-05-10 13:44:03
Link | Quote | Reply

If we go with the example given, the mythic sword will have very close dmg to the HQ Naakuul sword. So they should have more dmg than the delve weapons and be closer to the HQ Naakuul weapons.

Of course there are no gun or bow HQ naakuul weapons yet (there is an xbow) but there is still 4 more naakuuls to come.
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-10 13:52:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Washburn said: »

Yoichinoyumi before:
"Namas Arrow"

Yoichinoyumi after:
"Namas Arrow"

Annihilator before:
"Coronach"

Annihilator after:
"Coronach"

I don't believe these will be true. They will most likely be matching damage to the new Delve Weapons. Going by that Annihilator will only have around 107 dmg versus Yoichi with 220 dmg.

Let me repeat myself yet again...

You can't simply increase yoichi's base damage based on excalibur's numbers... The base damage of the swords are based solely on delay. The highest delay swords have the highest base damage. It's that simple. Annihilator has a higher delay than yoichi and is closer in delay to the new high delay bows. If any assumption should be made, it's that annihilator will be closer to the new bows. It makes absolutely no sense why a lower delay weapon would have higher base damage. Stop dreaming and coming up with arbitrary numbers. If I'm wrong, I'll be the first to admit it.

Edit: by base damage I'm referring to weapon+ammo.
[+]
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-10 13:54:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Cahlum said: »
If we go with the example given, the mythic sword will have very close dmg to the HQ Naakuul sword. So they should have more dmg than the delve weapons and be closer to the HQ Naakuul weapons.

Tizona has a delay of 236. With the examples given, it will likely have a similar base damage to excalibur. Burtgang is highest simply because it has a delay of 264.
 Cerberus.Cahlum
Server: Cerberus
user: Cahlum
By Cerberus.Cahlum 2013-05-10 14:28:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess it is time to make a Yoichi
 Quetzalcoatl.Glecent
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Glecent
By Quetzalcoatl.Glecent 2013-05-10 14:28:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helel said: »
You can't simply increase yoichi's base damage based on excalibur's numbers... The base damage of the swords are based solely on delay. The highest delay swords have the highest base damage. It's that simple. Annihilator has a higher delay than yoichi and is closer in delay to the new high delay bows. If any assumption should be made, it's that annihilator will be closer to the new bows. It makes absolutely no sense why a lower delay weapon would have higher base damage. Stop dreaming and coming up with arbitrary numbers. If I'm wrong, I'll be the first to admit it.

Guns have always gotten most of their damage from the bullet, not the gun. Matching a gun's damage and delay to a bow would be completely breaking the pattern and the difference between bow and gun.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-05-10 14:35:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bullet delay doesn't count towards shooting delay. It only counts for TP return.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2013-05-10 14:39:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like after the RME update, if they do make Empy WS's unlockable on any weapon like they say. With Jishnu's Radiance, Yoichi will be best for just Brut force damage, and Annihilator will have the benefit of being versatile with Wildfire against magic-weak enemies.
 Siren.Barber
Server: Siren
user: Barber
By Siren.Barber 2013-05-10 14:46:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Just looking at the sword example I would have guessed that gun would have remained on top after the new scaling.

However, we both saw what the delve bow/gun comparison was. Bow got a much bigger increase. That leaves two options:

1) Scale the bow and gun relative to the new nakuul weapons which would put yoichi considerably ahead of anni.

2) scale the bow and gun relative to their current relationship which would either put anni waaaay ahead of nakuul gun (if they scaled bow to match nakuul bow) or would put yoichi waaaaay behind nakuul bow (if they made anni equal to nakuul gun while maintaining its superiority over bow)

I find scenario 1 much more likely. I think they will take the easy way out and scale the rme bows/guns to where they are equal to the cooresponding nakuul weapons. That would give yoichi a considerable advantage especially if jishnus were added to it.
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-10 14:53:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Glecent said: »

Guns have always gotten most of their damage from the bullet, not the gun. Matching a gun's damage and delay to a bow would be completely breaking the pattern and the difference between bow and gun.

Please explain, because I have no idea what you're talking about. Base damage is base damage; delay is delay. Let me break it down for you:

Annihilator: Delay 582 D221 (gun + ammo)
Yoichi: Delay 524 D189 (bow + ammo)

This makes sense because the lower delay weapon can shoot faster, and thus requires less base damage to equal the same amount of damage over time. Unfortunately for yoichi, its weapon skill arsenal is far inferior to annihilator, which is why annihilator has always been superior.

Now let's look at the new bows:

Echidna's bow +1: Delay 582 D312

This delay matches annihilator, not yoichi, which suggests that the total base damage of annihilator will be closer to this base damage. That would give annihilator a base damage of around 160 (160+145 bullets).

The total base damage of yoichi will be much less than this because its delay is lower:

Almace: Delay 224 D114
Excalibur: Delay 233 D121
Burtgang: Delay 264 D131

Do you see the pattern? And people need to stop saying yoichi will be a monster with JR because it won't. You're obviously better off using one of the new higher delay bows than yoichi. Yoichi is only useful for namas arrow on RNG, and because of that, you'd be better off using annihilator.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Glecent
user: Glecent
By Quetzalcoatl.Glecent 2013-05-10 15:05:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Please explain, because I have no idea what you're talking about. Base damage is base damage; delay is delay. Let me break it down for you:

It's pretty clear. Guns have always had a low base damage with high damage ammo. Bows have always had high base damage with low damage ammo. I don't see them changing that now. Coronach is not superior to Namas Arrow. STR mod instead of DEX and a much higher fSTR cap make it easy to keep up with Coronach. Coronach just has .25 higher fTP .
First Page 2 3 4 5 6