Forum » FFXI » General » july update, union system
july update, union system
 Ramuh.Jakary
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Jakary
By Ramuh.Jakary 2009-07-01 05:48:35
Link | Quote | Reply

so, how bout that new union system? a new way to get ancient currency... think of how many more people will be walking around with relic weapons, or better yet, think of how much this is gonna upset a bunch of people because of the prices on the currencies? think it will take a deep cut?
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-07-01 05:52:15
Link | Quote | Reply

No. I'm betting it will be a Campaign OP type thing, take 12+ people to do, and drops 6 coins per run.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-07-01 05:54:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Can I get Link pls? Link up.....

Thanks!!
 Ramuh.Jakary
Server: Ramuh
user: Jakary
By Ramuh.Jakary 2009-07-01 06:16:40
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/4593/detail.html
theres the POL teaser
 Ifrit.Maverick
Server: Ifrit
user: Maverick
By Ifrit.Maverick 2009-07-01 06:28:05
Link | Quote | Reply

The way its worded is that, while taking part in a campaign battle, u just talk to the CA and join one massive union

When the battle is over you can check a treasure casket and get currency, synth mats, gear etc
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2009-07-01 08:49:53
Link | Quote | Reply

fixed
 Caitsith.Neonracer
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-07-01 13:10:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Well that's ok for me.. Hell If I have to do more campaigns, Ill stay there and collect ancient beast coins and solo all of it myself. Thanks SE for making it alil easer to onatin the anicent beastcoins treasury stuff.

I'm so happy now!!!!
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-01 13:40:54
Link | Quote | Reply

That's speculation. The only thing they actually name is Dynamis currency.
 Fairy.Phaal
user: Phaal
By Fairy.Phaal 2009-07-01 14:19:34
Link | Quote | Reply

As people have said before, the union's idea sounds a lot like the Public Quests feature of Warhammer Online, which if you've played the game was one of the more entertaining bits of it, and the auto-mated grouping is also a welcomed feature, no more having to shout for hours to get people to help you out to have a bit of fun :D

As for ancient currency prices, I highly doubt that this is going to influence prices much as with FFXIV being announced, there seems to be quite a push for people to finish in-game goals before it's release, and a popular goal is always completing a relic. If the drop rate is significant enough to potentially cause a change to prices, it will probably be countered by more people starting upgrades as they now have an easy and possibly soloable method of funding their own relic.

I know that I'm at least considering to start upgrading using this as a way to bolster currency if its drops are reasonable, and with 7 runs a week vs the 2/3 of dynamis could work well :)
 Fairy.Lethewaters
By Fairy.Lethewaters 2009-07-01 14:23:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Phaal said:
As people have said before, the union's idea sounds a lot like the Public Quests feature of Warhammer Online, which if you've played the game was one of the more entertaining bits of it, and the auto-mated grouping is also a welcomed feature, no more having to shout for hours to get people to help you out to have a bit of fun :D

I was actually thinking the same thing when I heard of it XD

If it affects Dyna currency at all it will probaly be an increase in price. Look at what happened when Dyna fees got lowered.

More ways will be welcomed though
 Garuda.Littledarc
Server: Garuda
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-07-01 14:44:12
Link | Quote | Reply

it seems like this might be unfair if the first person that gets to the chest gets the best treasure.
 Caitsith.Surge
user: Surge
By Caitsith.Surge 2009-07-01 15:50:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm maybe, or they could make it that you have to raid Beacudine glacier and Xarc S areas. They may add relic too which would be awesome to see. And they would prolly make you use the Union system to get these treasures.

So its prolly going to be a linkshell type event im not to sure though.