Sorry. I meant Mujin Band.
 Siren.Akson
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2015-07-09 01:10:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
Anyone know which magic burst damage pieces to use?
Would you aug a set of Helios Head, Hands, and Feet w/ Mab+25, MB+10%, Crit Rate+8%. Using Mizukage, Mujin, Barkarole while mixing in Count's Garb? Not sure how significant or insignificant MB Crit dmg is. Ofc if you don't have 3k tp or low on mp you could always swap bk into AF.
By geigei 2015-07-09 02:03:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Is a big no to crit, use occult instead.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-07-09 02:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Akson said: »
Anyone know which magic burst damage pieces to use?
Would you aug a set of Helios Head, Hands, and Feet w/ Mab+25, MB+10%, Crit Rate+8%. Using Mizukage, Mujin, Barkarole while mixing in Count's Garb? Not sure how significant or insignificant MB Crit dmg is. Ofc if you don't have 3k tp or low on mp you could always swap bk into AF.

M. Crit blows and I've got laevateinn so Occult Acumen is preferred (not to mention the new ability that consumes tp anyway)
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2015-07-09 18:14:47
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
Ofc if you don't have 3k tp or low on mp you could always swap bk into AF.
I ment when Occult means nothing cuz you have 3000tp or full MP.

If you're doing nothing but MB you could MB af body 1x and negate the necessity of even needing Acumen whatsoever.

(not to mention the new ability that consumes tp anyway)
1min /ja so are we saying 50% Acumen trait using 39% crit rate 10% crit dmg [i.e. 39% MAB+20] and still able to use same /ja is inferior DPS over using /ja alone with Acumen 80%~90% on MB?
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
Server: Carbuncle
user: Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2015-07-11 03:35:41
Link | Quote | Reply

just in case of you didn't noticed Vafruvant from Asura make an usefull code for GearSwap to refine Aspir Sleep/sleepga spell.
Thanks again to him and enjoy !
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-07-12 02:15:30
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're doing nothing but MB you could MB af body 1x and negate the necessity of even needing Acumen whatsoever.

1min /ja so are we saying 50% Acumen trait using 39% crit rate 10% crit dmg [i.e. 39% MAB+20] and still able to use same /ja is inferior DPS over using /ja alone with Acumen 80%~90% on MB?

Occult Acumen is for TP return, not MP return. AF body has absolutely nothing to do with it. If you have more occult acumen you'll get more TP per spell, making you closer to 3k every time the JA is up. Obviously that's moot if you can reach 3k consistently with or without more OA gear but I don't find it likely.

39% 20 MAB is an average of 8 MAB which yes, is really not that much at all
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-07-12 02:41:26
Link | Quote | Reply

you could also setup certain spells to give you a lot of TP return. Like Impact. If you are /sch, you can Parimony > Impact, and only use 333MP, but wear your 45% Occult Acumen gear, and fill the other slots with Store TP, to rake in a ton of TP for one spell.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-07-12 03:55:45
Link | Quote | Reply

This is my current "Instant AM1" set for my SCH - everything usable by BLM tho. Using it on 125-128 content lowmans without a Geo around to gain a quick MACC edge:

ItemSet 336385

+10 Occult Acumen Augments on Helios

+77 Occult Acumen total
+25 Store TP (which works with Occult Acumen)

>> Currently giving 1265 TP on 1 cast of Impact

Items not used:
Bloodrain Strap - Kills any TP already accumulated
Fourth Mantle (+2 Store TP) - My Inv space
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-07-12 07:49:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
This is my current "Instant AM1" set for my SCH - everything usable by BLM tho. Using it on 125-128 content lowmans without a Geo around to gain a quick MACC edge:

ItemSet 336385

+10 Occult Acumen Augments on Helios

+77 Occult Acumen total
+25 Store TP (which works with Occult Acumen)

>> Currently giving 1265 TP on 1 cast of Impact

Items not used:
Bloodrain Strap - Kills any TP already accumulated
Fourth Mantle (+2 Store TP) - My Inv space

Black Mage will get a lower return, due to only getting tier 2 of the job trait, vs Scholar getting tier 3.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-07-12 09:05:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

Black Mage will get a lower return, due to only getting tier 2 of the job trait, vs Scholar getting tier 3.

Basically 25 Occult Acumen less.

However using my set a BLM can still land just around 1040 TP.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2015-07-20 13:18:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Occult Acumen is for TP return, not MP return. AF body has absolutely nothing to do with it. If you have more occult acumen you'll get more TP per spell, making you closer to 3k every time the JA is up. Obviously that's moot if you can reach 3k consistently with or without more OA gear but I don't find it likely.

You have a Occult Helios set and then after 3000 tp you just nuke the same Occult set eventho Occult is doing absolutely nothing for you? Ofc not.
If you're gonna set up MB strategy then Occult is even less significant since you can MB one time and replenish full MP using AF body.

The idea is to build tp using Occult Helios set w/ AF body then swap into max dmg nuke set. Rinse and Repeat but to claim that Crit Rate/Dmg is useless. I don't understand.
If you're staying w/ AF and Occult Helios set 24/7 just to do a /ja that gives mdmg, that's more beneficial towards low tier nukes, once every 3000tp instead of going w/o that /ja using max INT/MAB+Crit Rate/Dmg after 3000tp? Idk Crit Rate+40% Crit dmg+19 [40% MAB+29]

MB is a different story since you can MB for 20~40k+ dmg using AF. MBD+45% Crit Rate+39% Crit dmg+10 [39% MAB+20]
 Asura.Hoshiku
Server: Asura
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-07-20 13:57:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought mp returned w/ the AF body capped out at the cost of the spell? Also settling for 20k to 40k dmg for a magic burst seems odd when you could wear the right gear and get 99k.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-07-20 14:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

You have a Occult Helios set and then after 3000 tp you just nuke the same Occult set eventho Occult is doing absolutely nothing for you? Ofc not.
If you're gonna set up MB strategy then Occult is even less significant since you can MB one time and replenish full MP using AF body.

The idea is to build tp using Occult Helios set w/ AF body then swap into max dmg nuke set. Rinse and Repeat but to claim that Crit Rate/Dmg is useless. I don't understand.
MB is a different story since you can MB for 20~40k+ dmg using AF.

It depends on whether "magic crit. damage" refers to increasing the entire damage of the nuke by that %, or whether the additional damage is increased by that much.

Assuming the former, you'd get a total increase of 12.8% in damage assuming max m. crit/m. crit dmg augments if you do 4/5 helios at the cost of 0 mp return on nukes. That number becomes a bit lower assuming you could just use the highest MAB pieces in place of helios head/body (I want to say it's hagondes +1 in both cases.) We'll say it's an approximate 9% increase which is pretty decent.

If it's the latter, there's absolutely zero point to it since it'd be a less than 10 MAB increase overall.

Now if you take into consideration making an entirely new helios set apart from your MB dmg helios, it ends up being really expensive to get good augments, let alone max augments for at most a 9% increase in damage under ideal conditions. This is after the fact that you'll be burning through your mp pretty damn quickly even with brd/geo etc. when everything costs 300MP+ each.

tl;dr m. crit sucks
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2015-07-20 14:05:10
Link | Quote | Reply

You only need head and feet since Body and hands are covered but yes ofc
Quote:
tl;dr m. crit sucks

Asura.Hoshiku said: »
I thought mp returned w/ the AF body capped out at the cost of the spell?
My mistake if that is the case.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-07-20 14:07:26
Link | Quote | Reply

You only need head and feet since Body and hands are covered but yes ofc
Quote:
tl;dr m. crit sucks

right, I forgot count's garb and wicce gloves +1 were both pretty good. But even so, making 2 helios pieces with max augments are probably a minimum of 5m each
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-07-20 15:40:28
Link | Quote | Reply

magic crit damage stat only adds an additional 1 MAB per point, not a percentage of any sort

also, this 'full mp from one magic burst' is ***, you can't get back more mp than you spent using af body

make a MB set if you MB frequently, free nuke in occult acumen, throw out magic crit

simple enough
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-07-20 18:55:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Point in case then. Magic crit augs are complete garbage
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2015-07-21 02:23:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Full MP and 3000tp like I stated. It's definitely not without use if you're looking to improve beyond the vanilla Occult set augs.
It's still the best option at that moment when Occult gives nothing more beyond 3000tp.
 Valefor.Chancee
Server: Valefor
user: Madidu
By Valefor.Chancee 2015-07-21 12:24:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone here done any testing with the Emp. legs? ( Wicce Chausses +1 )

I have been looking around and cannot find much relating to the "Increases Magic Effect Duration +40"

What (type of) spells does that relate to?
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2015-07-21 14:23:07
Link | Quote | Reply

No testing, but have assumed they function on the -ja spells like the old goetia+2 legs.
[+]
 Valefor.Chancee
Server: Valefor
user: Madidu
By Valefor.Chancee 2015-07-21 14:46:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Just -ja? Not any enfeebling or enhancing magic? That would be disappointing...

Also, are you required to keep the Goetia Feet +1 on to receive the boost to Mana Wall?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-07-21 15:29:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Full MP and 3000tp like I stated. It's definitely not without use if you're looking to improve beyond the vanilla Occult set augs.
It's still the best option at that moment when Occult gives nothing more beyond 3000tp.
if occult gives nothing more than 3000tp, you can nuke in a real body for a bit or ask for int etudes instead of ballad, there's no reason you should be sitting at 3k tp for any real amount of time even without laev

magic crit augs are throwing away space/gil, period
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2015-07-21 18:30:05
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're not riding am2 because you don't use laeveteinn,and mp isn't an issue, learn to use cascade better. Or do as Thorny suggests, get etudes from a ghorn brd instead of ballads and then you'll "need" myrkr more frequently.

There's two ways to pack more punch without changing an iota of gear.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2015-07-21 23:49:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
if occult gives nothing more than 3000tp, you can nuke in a real body for a bit or ask for int etudes instead of ballad, there's no reason you should be sitting at 3k tp for any real amount of time even without laev

magic crit augs are throwing away space/gil, period
If 1/4 to 1/3 of all my nukes combined are dumping max nuke dmg due to sitting on 3000tp then personally I rather go with what's best. Just because. No other reason.
I understand what you're saying but I don't share the same sentiment unfortunately. Realistically obviously Occult sets are alot more important than 3000tp sets yet there's still room for improvement and claiming Crit Rate/Dmg is useless, when Occult doesn't work 100% of the time, just doesn't add up.
All valid personal reasons for not wanting to be bothered with such yet 40% Crit Rate giving 29 MAB is still pretty significant. If you care to do such. Ofc it's all just a matter of personal choice and less of an opinion. Terrible. Pointless. Useless. ~ okie dokie
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
learn to use cascade better
Edit: Cascade sucks. Losing all that Myrkr and max nuke dmg potential ; ;
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-07-22 00:38:00
Link | Quote | Reply

you read nothing that was said and fail to follow extremely basic logic

you should never be at 3000 tp because you should be using an appropriate amount of MP to myrkr before 2500 tp unless saving for cascade on a MB

if this isn't the case, the MP is coming from somewhere(ballads, af119 body, etc), and any of these will add more damage

your 40% crit rate giving 29 MAB is an average of 11.6 MAB per nuke

double int etudes are ~36 INT, better than the critrate

count's garb over af119 body is 9 int 30 mab 15 mcrit 10 mdamage, so one use per 3 nukes is better than the critrate\
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2015-07-22 00:44:25
Link | Quote | Reply

It takes 3 nukes to achieve at the minimum 1000tp to use cascade so basicly you realistically would be using cascade once or twice between Myrkr burns @1000tp. Correct me if I'm wrong but I can shoot off 4+ nukes after 3000tp using max MAB over Mdmg. While at the same time you're stuck in AF body and Occult using Cascade? OP
double int etudes are ~36 INT, better than the critrate
I could nuke t3 Escha or HELMS maxed out gear w/o GEO and have someone nuke in a full set of AF 119 hit harder w/ a GEO? oh
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-07-22 00:47:15
Link | Quote | Reply

It's really not that complicated.

If you have too much MP:
-Swap ballad to int etudes.

If you still have too much MP:
-Swap AF body out on some portion of your nukes, up to 100% if needed.

-Use cascade accordingly.

-Delete your account, kill yourself, and stop wasting the time of people who don't believe your ***.

Note how all of these options are more productive than sitting at 3000 TP wasting nukes, regardless of what your helios gear has on it.
[+]
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2015-07-22 00:56:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Good points. Next time I'll just 100% AF body. Bring other jobs instead to make me look better than I am and call it a night. I only use the bare minimal in gear anyways. Should see improvements soon. I'll get back to ya w/ results.
Edit: Too hard to believe 19~29 MAB bonus is > none even if it's 40% rate.
BiS is BiS. Until something arrives better it's the best "***" available. Believe it or not. If you can afford to remove AF body then you should be able to also afford to remove Occult?

29 MAB > 1000tp Cascade. 29 MAB almost = 3000tp Cascade? Yeah
Believe it or not....
Note how all of these options are more productive than sitting at 3000 TP wasting nukes, regardless of what your helios gear has on it.
You we're right in that regard. I was looking at it wrong thinking free nukes @3000tp cuz Myrkr fully recovers my max MP. So more TP to burn on Cascade+29 MAB crit combo.
 Asura.Pintseyes
Server: Asura
user: yurmy123
By Asura.Pintseyes 2015-07-22 01:19:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Chancee said: »
Just -ja? Not any enfeebling or enhancing magic? That would be disappointing...
Other items do this, Telchine aug'd -enhancing.

Valefor.Chancee said: »
Also, are you required to keep the Goetia Feet +1 on to receive the boost to Mana Wall?
Yes
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 41 42 43