Dynamis Ninja Monsters
First Page 2
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-06-30 02:01:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I've heard this said twice today and it made me curious. "Don't use WS's on Ninja type beastmen in Dynamis". When I asked why (because I never heard of this), they said "WS'ing makes them use Mijin Gakure". I don't believe that at all really. For the time I did dynamis (50-60) times I never really noticed anything special about Ninja's using Mijin Gakure...Thoughts?
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-06-30 02:04:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Only time I've ever seen a ninja mob not use mijiin galkure is if it died too fast. So kill a bunch with no ws at all and if it doesn't use mijiin gakure then it's probably true. Having said that, if everyone unleashes a ws at once, even if it does get mijiin gakure off, it's generally piss weak and doesn't matter.

long story short: who cares?
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-06-30 02:05:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm gonna call ***. My D-LS is DD heavy, and mobs tend to drop almost as soon as they're called, but we for sure WS spam. If this were the case, all of our ninjas would explode at a good 80% of their life...my guess is that it's just a random countdown after hitting a certain percentage of life. Maybe for the it's a TP move after a certain percent. But it is for sure having nothing to do with you just weaponskilling them. >_>
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-06-30 02:13:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Well just because ws's can set it off, doesn't mean it will happen on the first ws that hits it. Maybe it's similar to what you say, but it's only if a ws hits it after a certain % or whatever. Kill a few with no-one doing a single ws, if none of them blow up, then the theory has merit.
 Bahamut.Dracondria
By Bahamut.Dracondria 2009-06-30 02:24:23
Link | Quote | Reply

They can blow up even if no one uses WS but it usually happens when it has very low HP.
 Hades.Dierdren
Server: Hades
user: Dierdren
By Hades.Dierdren 2009-06-30 03:11:06
Link | Quote | Reply

When I joined my Dynamis LS we used to have the strict "DO NOT WS NIN MOBS" Rule but recently we changed our rules and WS NIN's now. To be honest it works better when you WS NIN's cause it eliminates them faster and we've seen a few go Kaboom but the Majority of them eat dust even before it's and option.

In other words... WS NIN > NO WS NIN
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-06-30 03:18:10
Link | Quote | Reply

That was kinda the point I tried to make, that if you just kill them fast enough they're too low HP to do any damage with 2-hour if/when they manage to get it off.

But does not doing any WS at all actually stop them from using it?
 Bahamut.Rumaha
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-06-30 03:20:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I doubt it... but if 20 melees was wailing on my id go boom too <.<... i think Gekko pisses them off though cuz if u silence them (We nin have no JA's >.>) they have nothing to do but go boom...just a theory but meh just spam them dead anyway lol
 Bahamut.Dracondria
By Bahamut.Dracondria 2009-06-30 03:23:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I think if you WS them they have a higher chance of going boom around 50%. If you don't they might use around 5%.
 Kujata.Nours
Server: Kujata
user: sruon
By Kujata.Nours 2009-06-30 03:40:01
Link | Quote | Reply

To be accurate, any large spike of damage will augment the chance of 2HR, regardless of job. But on the other hand, killing faster makes Mijin very low damage if it even happens.
 Fairy.Phaal
Server: Fairy
user: Phaal
By Fairy.Phaal 2009-06-30 03:54:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Never heard that one before, and I don't believe it either. From all the times that I've done dynamis I've never seen anything special about how nin mobs use there 2hrs vs any other dyna mob. At the end of the day ws = faster kills and lower damage if it does 2hr, but tbh if they're getting their 2hr off your problem isn't DD wsing its your stunners :P
 Kujata.Hootride
user: TheHoot
By Kujata.Hootride 2009-06-30 04:39:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Umm... wow lol Ok first off Nin mobs in dynamis will only mijin under 33% >.> If you WS them at like 75% and take them down to 25% and they blow it hurts, if everyone WS's them at 50% and they somehow live with 2% health if they blow it doesn't matter. I have my shell just hold TP and WS at 50% on normal Nin mobs and they die, NM ones they hold off tell around 33% cause they have more HP (demon in Xarc mostly)
 Quetzalcoatl.Irie
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Galatea
By Quetzalcoatl.Irie 2009-06-30 04:47:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Hootride said:
Umm... wow lol Ok first off Nin mobs in dynamis will only mijin under 33% >.> If you WS them at like 75% and take them down to 25% and they blow it hurts, if everyone WS's them at 50% and they somehow live with 2% health if they blow it doesn't matter. I have my shell just hold TP and WS at 50% on normal Nin mobs and they die, NM ones they hold off tell around 33% cause they have more HP (demon in Xarc mostly)

^this, but I know they can Mijin higher than 33% o.O
 Carbuncle.Cianti
Server: Carbuncle
user: Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2009-06-30 06:07:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Stun lock below -50 I'm a blm and I cast AM 2 around 70% which kills or nearly kills the mob.
 Fairy.Azulmagia
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-06-30 06:47:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Our shell does "save TP for < 50% HP with stun support"
 Phoenix.Mogue
Server: Phoenix
user: Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2009-06-30 07:41:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Sometimes you just get unlucky. I have seen high Mijins before but they are extremely rare. Anyone who says they know for sure that it is triggered by WSing at or above a certain HP% or anything else doesn't understand game mechanics, probably thinks the THF needs to get the killshot for TH to activate, and shouldn't be allowed to make strategies or lead linkshells.

In Dynamis, a few conscientious players throwing their stun WSs at NIN, MNK, BLM, etc. can make the "damaging 2hr mobs" rather laughable, also.
 Gilgamesh.Phalon
Server: Gilgamesh
user: patience
By Gilgamesh.Phalon 2009-06-30 07:58:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Its either spike hate makes them blow or TP moves. It can happen ANYTIME. Ive seen em blow @ 90% and wipe an alliance.

Our LS not only believes that WS on nins makes them 2hour, we deduct points for doing it.

I have also seen em go @10% with no one WS, but it happens less often.

TP move almost guarantee's BOOM. Unless your stunner's are on point.

Been doing dyna for close to 4 years now. Its always after some trigger happy sam thinks he can 1 shot it and doesnt.
 Alexander.Zhul
Server: Alexander
user: Zhul
By Alexander.Zhul 2009-06-30 08:07:42
Link | Quote | Reply

The correct answer is: NIN mobs go boom when they feel like it. I mean what next, blm mobs only use manafont when someone casts AM2 on them? Give me a break. Until I see an official statement by SE I'm gonna call *** on this whole WS thing.
[+]
 Phoenix.Mogue
Server: Phoenix
user: Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2009-06-30 08:45:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Phalon said:
Its either spike hate makes them blow or TP moves. It can happen ANYTIME. Ive seen em blow @ 90% and wipe an alliance.

Our LS not only believes that WS on nins makes them 2hour, we deduct points for doing it.

I have also seen em go @10% with no one WS, but it happens less often.

TP move almost guarantee's BOOM. Unless your stunner's are on point.

Been doing dyna for close to 4 years now. Its always after some trigger happy sam thinks he can 1 shot it and doesnt.

Anyone who says they know for sure that it is triggered by WSing at or above a certain HP% or anything else doesn't understand game mechanics, probably thinks the THF needs to get the killshot for TH to activate, and shouldn't be allowed to make strategies or lead linkshells.
[+]
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-06-30 08:51:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Rumaha said:
I doubt it... but if 20 melees was wailing on my id go boom too <.<... i think Gekko pisses them off though cuz if u silence them (We nin have no JA's >.>) they have nothing to do but go boom...just a theory but meh just spam them dead anyway lol
This is all I've ever heard in relation to NIN mobs in Dyna. I've seen it happen a few times, where randomsam gekkos and it blows up shortly after, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's Gekko or WS'ing in general. Who knows!
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-06-30 09:11:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Not that I've ever seen any methods used in particular for nin mobs, but spamming ws on them and killing them as fast as possible seems to work. The only reason they'd blow up at 90% is probably because it's taken you *** ages to get them there since no-one is using ws's <_<
[+]
 Kujata.Argettio
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-06-30 09:19:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ninjas aren't that big a threat in dynamis. MNKs and SMNs are far more annoying imo.

8/10 times they don't even break through my stoneskin.

As for not WSing them. I call epic BS.

The likehood of a mob using it's 2 hour increase as its HP goes down. But its random when they will use it and certainly not tied to anyone using abilites or weapon skills. Every so often one will pop @ 80% before anyone has even built TP let alone WSed.

With 15-20 people in the AOE range, no one normally dies.I (as a RDM) make a point (when possible) to get inside the AOE range to 'soak up' some of the damage, and with a solid stoneskin and phalanx build (and a sprinkling of MDT gear) I barely take any damage.

After a bad one, our WHM sometimes 2hr to spead up recovery, but normally a few curagas are enough to be ready for the next mob.
 Seraph.Rosskatz
user: Rosskatz
By Seraph.Rosskatz 2009-06-30 09:20:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ninja Dynamis mobs have been proven to Mijin when silenced not just by weaponskills but also by Silence spell. This being said all DD should just avoid Gekko and Guillotine as both weaponskills have a chance to silence the monster. My Dynamis LS has avoided this and hasn't had a problem with Ninja mobs.
 Fairy.Arkana
user:
By Fairy.Arkana 2009-06-30 09:21:29
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

This could be true actually, my old dynamis ls also had this rule, so people would tend not to ws on them, but every now and then you get ppl who dont notice what type of mob it is, so when this happens and they ws early, generally we got a mijin gakure with the mob at like 80% which killed alot.
 Titan.Relicant
Server: Titan
user: Relicant
By Titan.Relicant 2009-06-30 09:34:53
Link | Quote | Reply

yo yo peeps.

Been doing dynamis for around 7 years. and i've got to agree with the statement of: this is all ***.

Mobs are programed to act on AI, there is no set limit of health that they can 2 hour. WS don't cause it, Silence doesn't cause it, Casting on it..... you guessed it, doesn't cause it.

They can 2 hour whenever they want. It seems to occur more frequently at low health, however like previous people said, it has also happened at 80-95% which can just eliminate an entire alliance.

The generally accepted strategy from experienced D-LS is to save TP until around 50%, and then hammer it down. Note the key word there... "Experienced". Can you do it another way? sure you can, does it work? sure it does!, but if you're saving WS in fear of it 2 houring... you can stop cause that's just silly. Just wait till it's around half life, and go hard at it. doing it this way just makes the Mijin a LOT weaker - NMs or otherwise as it's HP based.

Also saves time as you're not plucking a ninja to death, and can pull more often netting you more time to farm/clear a zone.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-06-30 09:38:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd have to agree that mnk's and smn are worse. Smn are absolutely fine unless you get a back-log of mobs and crowd control starts to slip, add in a little bit of bad timing and you have yourself one dead alliance. Mnk aren't so bad, a flash when they start their two-hour and a few stuns make them a lot easier. As blu I found that actinic burst generally stayed on for a few seconds and head butt spam lowers their damage output a ton. When I was bored I'd actually pull hate on purpose before hundred fists (which is easy to do because everyone was too scared of pulling hate to ws much on them), use actinic burst and head butt spam and see if the alliance could kill the mnk before it killed me :D
 Kujata.Argettio
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-06-30 10:04:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Our LS attidute is:

NIN 2hr: it happens, get over it, eat it like a man.
MNK 2hr: when possible gravity it and let the BLM kite it until it pops 2hr, then sleep it.
SMN 2hr: The RDM call out avatars as they come into camp and they are responsible to keep their avatar slept.

MNK is some times straight tanked (when the BLM are busy with statues) but can mean death for 1-3 people (as the BLM wont be there to stun).
 Cerberus.Atreyu
Server: Cerberus
user: jcitnyc
By Cerberus.Atreyu 2009-06-30 10:35:48
Link | Quote | Reply

barfire......
 Gilgamesh.Funsam
Server: Gilgamesh
user: funsam
By Gilgamesh.Funsam 2009-06-30 10:38:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I've seen kited mobs 2hr at 100%hp. Enemy ai can screw you sometimes.
First i heard this rumour is when moved to gigla the shell i'm in was using that system at start, now we just store tp mob before & ws them with stun suport lot less trouble.

ps ... also remember put taru's at front if mijin goes off its worth the laugh seeing the tarus 1-shotted.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-06-30 10:41:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Atreyu said:
barfire......
Strictly HP-based. D; Fire is just a bad rumor. Yeah, I use to cast Hyoton pre-2hour, too. lol
First Page 2