Subjob For RUN?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Subjob for RUN?
Subjob for RUN?
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Ragnarok.Redwolfx
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Redwolfx
By Ragnarok.Redwolfx 2013-08-09 11:21:27
Link | Quote | Reply

well procing the additional effect then change equip full time right after if it stays on, unless it wears off quickly then i wouldnt do but if it stays then be great.
 Phoenix.Thorbean
Server: Phoenix
user: Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2013-08-09 11:46:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Add effect won't proc if you have runes up and the same effect won't stack from multiple swords.

Lunge is only a single attack every 3 mins. You obviously want to get the most out of it, but it's not something to build around. If you gambit > put runes up > lunge put runes up, you are already eating into your overall DPS unless you have very little haste. Gambit > lunge is good for helping to remove auras though.

Personally I only lunge when runes are due to start dropping or if i want to remove an aura, unless I'm fighting fodder (read: Umbrils).
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-08-09 12:01:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Same here, I only use lunge when first rune is near the 5 minutes mark, just so they don't go to waste, but otherwise it can be often a dps loss(it depends on buffs and target though).
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-08-17 16:34:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Putting this here cause I don't think this needs a new thread.

SE is about to remove the Rare tags off the Delve boss gear (not the MB stuff), this means DW Hala swords is now possible for RUN. While RUN/SAM Senbaak is still best for pure DPS output, /NIN Hala x 2 looks to be a solid choice in situations where you need Req spammage.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-08-17 16:39:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Situations where you need req generally won't exclusively want req though. You wouldn't RUN/NIN for dakuwaqa because you use req on 1 mob.
By Heimdel 2013-08-17 17:02:55
Link | Quote | Reply

people keep over looking single hand weapons for run. It does have high skill in sword and axe + can use a few shields(flame shield). You can do good dmg wiht merit wses and with single hand buffs recently have same att /acc bonus as 2 handed. Also with sword you have sanguine blade(sp) what is great to heal yourself with since run lacks a native cure.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-08-17 17:21:23
Link | Quote | Reply

The axes that RUN can wear are all terrible. Sword is only useful when the special properties of Requiescat allow it to be better than Resolution, which is only on a few Delve NMs which likely are not being fought alone and thus you'll want to be better equipped to deal with the other NMs in the zone by subbing SAM and wearing a Great Sword.

The only place where it would be close to applicable would be Ceizak, but you shouldn't be bringing RUNs there anyway unless you don't have any BLUs, RNGs, or Mura SAMs.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [48 days between previous and next post]
By Heimdel 2013-10-04 13:32:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Cantontai said: »
I would tend to agree about /Sam for low man, /war for alliance content.

I seriously cannot imagine /RDM though, doesn't RUN have access to phalanx and refresh natively?

Tryed /sam n skirmish and was just garbage from the increased cast time and lack of other abuiltys traits. most times I use /rdm for cures haste mab for lung fastcast and few other things. Another option is /war for voke and enhance att/def among others.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-10-16 10:33:03
Link | Quote | Reply

/SAM is actually pretty bad for solo work due to the much higher cast / recast timers. /WHM is the most useful due to RUN already getting refresh and most everything that /RDM gives. 24MAB isn't that much when your able to get so much from gear and the only applicable JA is on a 3min timer.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-10-16 10:46:48
Link | Quote | Reply

/sam for anything party, you're a DD if you're in a party at this point in the game.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2013-10-16 12:10:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, I don't feel like the increased cast/recast time should be a point focused on at all seeing as you should be full timing Vallation/Valiance anyway (unless doing content that constantly dispels in which case you have a different worry on your hands) which with Inspiration merits makes casting/recast time null and void.
[+]