Endeavoring To Awaken --A Guide To Rune Fencer

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 188 189 190
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-03-31 05:30:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Nothing really comparable to Spolia hands MAB+7 though
*coughs* Khepri augmented *coughs*

if only.
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
Server: Bismarck
user: xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2013-03-31 08:51:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldnt Thurandaut Gloves be better for TP without Salvage?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-03-31 08:58:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I think nomnom > thurandaut > thaumas.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-03-31 09:06:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd have to sit down later and lay things out. Don't forget dDex is +crit, especially once your over +40. Thaumas and other light armor series has a metric f*ck ton of +DEX on it, so we should be able to cap dDex on pretty much everything.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-03-31 09:10:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Thaumas pair have overall less dex than Thurandaut.

Thaumas gloves: dex+13, acc+9
Thurandaut gloves: dex+14, acc+10
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
Server: Phoenix
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2013-03-31 10:20:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Thurandaut pants don't seem so wonderful for RUN, What do you guys think about Dux legs?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-03-31 10:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Agi, racc and enmity-...no reason to use thurandaut pants for anything at all.
Dux+1 should be the best for pdt, legs specifically don't beat Thaumas for Resolution&co though, so pdt is the only purpose.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-03-31 10:32:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Thaumas pair have overall less dex than Thurandaut.

Thaumas gloves: dex+13, acc+9
Thurandaut gloves: dex+14, acc+10

I'd still stay with the Thaumas for the STR from set bonus, but the difference should be minimal.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2013-03-31 10:33:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Agi, racc and enmity-...no reason to use thurandaut pants for anything at all.
Dux+1 should be the best for pdt, legs specifically don't beat Thaumas for Resolution&co though, so pdt is the only purpose.

I don't currently have Thaumas.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-03-31 10:34:04
Link | Quote | Reply

There's abatteur if you do meebles.

If not then dux.
 Leviathan.Kincard
Server: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-03-31 10:39:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Abatteur is a pretty rare drop off an NM that you either can only do once a month or have to pay 1,000,000 per shot. I wouldn't plan around getting it, honestly.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2013-03-31 10:46:26
Link | Quote | Reply

If not then dux.

I'd rather get Thaumas, what's an in-demand job for NNI?
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-31 10:49:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kojo said: »

If not then dux.

war/drk/mnk/sch/brd/blu

As silly as it sounds, I've seen shouts on Odin for 4x drk + 2x sch and that was the only set up they were taking lulz
 Leviathan.Kincard
Server: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-03-31 10:49:55
Link | Quote | Reply

You're coming in at a pretty harsh time for NNI since they just nuked the mainstay strategy people used for it (Embravas). Right now people are spending a bit of time trying to figure out how to tackle the content again, but as always powerful DDs and self-sufficient jobs like BLU fill in the damage slots best.

People are still playing around with whether to take SMN, BRD, COR, or to keep taking SCH as their mages.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-31 10:51:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kincard said: »
You're coming in at a pretty harsh time for NNI since they just nuked the mainstay strategy people used for it (Embravas). Right now people are spending a bit of time trying to figure out how to tackle the content again, but as always powerful DDs and self-sufficient jobs like BLU fill in the damage slots best.

People are still playing around with whether to take SMN, BRD, COR, or to keep taking SCH as their mages.

sch is still a pretty righteous healer with /rdm since you can phalanx-ga and still heal very potently.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2013-03-31 10:53:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
Phoenix.Kojo said: »

If not then dux.

war/drk/mnk/sch/brd/blu

As silly as it sounds, I've seen shouts on Odin for 4x drk + 2x sch and that was the only set up they were taking lulz

I got the first 3, plus others.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2013-03-31 14:33:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Calamity said: »
Idk, given RUN's very limited access to stp gear, and wide access to multi attack gear, plus the generally crappy delays of gswords, Not to mention the generally useful spells run has that would be hurt by seigan/hasso, I feel like /war and a multi attack build, over /sam and an stp build would be better.

IDK that stp gear is THAT limited:
* Rajas/Brutal +6 (surely you're already using these)
* Houyi +3 (legit choice for neck it seems)
* Rose Strap +4
* Hagneia Stone +3
* Skadi +1 head +4
* Skadi+1 legs +8
* I'm likely forgetting some options too.

And of course +15 from /SAM trait.

You may be right that /WAR multi-attack build ends up as ideal, but I don't think it's for the reason that RUN is so deficient in Store TP gear availability as to make it not viable to gear for x-hit builds.
 Fenrir.Calamity
Server: Fenrir
user: Calamity
By Fenrir.Calamity 2013-03-31 16:49:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Fenrir.Calamity said: »
Idk, given RUN's very limited access to stp gear, and wide access to multi attack gear, plus the generally crappy delays of gswords, Not to mention the generally useful spells run has that would be hurt by seigan/hasso, I feel like /war and a multi attack build, over /sam and an stp build would be better.

IDK that stp gear is THAT limited:
* Rajas/Brutal +6 (surely you're already using these)
* Houyi +3 (legit choice for neck it seems)
* Rose Strap +4
* Hagneia Stone +3
* Skadi +1 head +4
* Skadi+1 legs +8
* I'm likely forgetting some options too.

And of course +15 from /SAM trait.

You may be right that /WAR multi-attack build ends up as ideal, but I don't think it's for the reason that RUN is so deficient in Store TP gear availability as to make it not viable to gear for x-hit builds.
Now don't get me wrong, I never said or meant to say that it wasn't viable, and while yes, there is stp gear out there for light dd, it's just much more limited than on heavy armor. Now, to gather enough stp gear to really make your gsword xhit worthwhile, you'd need to scrounge up as much as you can get your hands on, and in the end, it might work. But in contrast, light dd gear is very plentiful in multiattack compared to heavy dd gear. It's actually a very easy thing to get RUN's multiattack to 40% or above, with /war. It just seems like the more worthwhile route.

And again, I'm still a little fung up over the fact that RUN has some fairly useful spells that I might not want to ruin the cast time and recast on.

Really, RUN is in it's infancy, and still lacks any sort of jse gear, so it's hard to say where things will move in the future, but for the moment, my money's on the /war multiattack route.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2013-03-31 17:06:43
Link | Quote | Reply

/SAM is not just used for the STP traits, and in fact those play a very small part in what makes it good. Furthermore, adding more multi-attack with /WAR doesn't make the multi-attack you had before any better (quite the opposite actually).
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2013-03-31 17:26:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally see /WAR as the subjob of choice.

Hasso on /SAM will hurt recasts, which isn't a biggy, but it is making it harder to cast flash, which is a very useful enmity tool really, and considering that melee enmity has been reduced, enmity tools such as flash and such are going to be more important now.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-31 17:30:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Ihm said: »
I personally see /WAR as the subjob of choice.

Hasso on /SAM will hurt recasts, which isn't a biggy, but it is making it harder to cast flash, which is a very useful enmity tool really, and considering that melee enmity has been reduced, enmity tools such as flash and such are going to be more important now.

flash's recast is 45s, hasso's is 1min. If you can't survive that 15s (and that's if you're spamming hasso for whatever reason with it's 5m duration) something is terribly wrong. I don't think hasso or seigan are really gonna kill the recasts that Run needs to maintain.
 Carbuncle.Ceruleanknight
Server: Carbuncle
user: Ideki
By Carbuncle.Ceruleanknight 2013-03-31 17:40:15
Link | Quote | Reply

this question might have been asked in a previous page, but just to update/actualise it for the like of me who still wonder, can RUN use Fulgurante?
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-31 17:41:02
Link | Quote | Reply

No. Run/Geo get the elemental magian paths and WS/TP bonus paths only.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Ceruleanknight
Server: Carbuncle
user: Ideki
By Carbuncle.Ceruleanknight 2013-03-31 17:42:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
No. Run/Geo get the elemental magian paths and WS/TP bonus paths only.

Thank you for answering so quickly and that sucks..
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-03-31 17:44:53
Link | Quote | Reply

no

edit: beat
 Fenrir.Calamity
By Fenrir.Calamity 2013-03-31 17:48:14
Link | Quote | Reply

There are other useful spells that one might want to use with some frequency as well. Foil seems like one I'd want to spam every single time it's up, and while it casts near instantly, the recast is killer. Phalanx is worth reapplying if it drops, 3 seconds is harsh, but doable, especially with fast cast. 6 seconds is just too much.

However, this is all again just speculation. My run is only 99 as of last night before going to bed, and I haven't had a chance to do any real experimenting with it.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-03-31 17:54:17
Link | Quote | Reply

There should be no spells that you would be spamming mid-battle. Buffs are all done prior to battle.

/SAM is about the 10% from hasso which translates into a +25% damage increase with only gear and haste spell. Toss on more and it gets bigger.
 Fenrir.Calamity
By Fenrir.Calamity 2013-03-31 18:04:14
Link | Quote | Reply

In a DD zerg setting you're right. And if that becomes all a RUN ends up being, then I concede. But if it does end up fulfilling it's designed roll at tank, that might change things somewhat. I main a dark and I'm all too aware of the detrimental effect on dps of trying to cast a spell mid battle, but I don't know. I need to see how RUN realistically functions in the end. Foil at the least seems worth spamming
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-31 18:08:33
Link | Quote | Reply

3 full seconds of recasting phalanx mid fight might really suck, honestly. Doesn't sound like a lot but all too often we get interrupted off just 1 hit.
 Fenrir.Calamity
By Fenrir.Calamity 2013-03-31 18:19:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't disagree with you. I'm just keeping my mind open to possibilities and tactics until I can confirm that they're invalid myself. I'm honestly seeing that as something to follow straight after flash. But maybe not. It has been a long time since I played any sort of defensive job, so I'm gonna need to experiment a little and see what works. And as bad as 3 seconds sounds, Ichi is 4, and people have gotten away with getting that back up when perfect shadow juggling failed.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 188 189 190