Endeavoring To Awaken --A Guide To Rune Fencer

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 ... 80 81 82 ... 188 189 190
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-12-23 01:54:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Sword from UNM Fafnir is nice too, plus of course the ones Kyte mentioned and Reikiko.
But it kinda depends on what you're trying to do. If you want a turtle/tank build there's not really anything compareable to Flyssa.
If you're looking for different builds or DD there's all the ones mentioned so far.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-12-23 10:03:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
Fettering Blade, Deacon Sword, and Vampirism are all pretty good. Each has its own perk.

played with spreadsheet for a bit, if the main WS is vorpal @1000 tp with /NIN, max enhancing magic temper, against delve fodder, the sword hierarchy seems like:

Reikiko> Firangi > Max aug Vampirism > Deacon > mid aug Vampirism > Fettering. Surprisingly I can't get blurred sword +1 dps high as an offhand weapon, not sure if I did anything wrong in spreadsheet or this weapon just isn't a good offhand weapon due to low base dmg.

Also since Vampirism is piercing, it may outperform other sword options if the enemies are weak against piercing damage.
 Asura.Blittzjr
user: tripletee
By Asura.Blittzjr 2015-12-24 14:53:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice this helps a great deal ^
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-12-24 17:52:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you check Combuster+1 as well in your spreadsheet? Last I tried it was a pretty nice offhand.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-12-24 18:12:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Did you check Combuster+1 as well in your spreadsheet? Last I tried it was a pretty nice offhand.

I didn't check, thanks for the heads up!
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-12-24 18:59:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Combuster has the negative side of having only 228 skill, which appearently is a negative thing, but "compensate" that with a nice amount of additional attack and accuracy. With the nice consequence that these additions apply to both hands, unlike + skill.

Keep in mind that offhand won't be able to go beyond 95% acc, unlike the mainhand.
When you realize this, having an offhand with slightly less acc than the main hand isn't actually that bad of a thing, and the DPS on Combuster+1 is quite nice.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-12-26 09:12:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Anybody mind sharing Requiescat builds on RUN please? <3
 Phoenix.Skyfire
Server: Phoenix
user: nightkidz
By Phoenix.Skyfire 2015-12-27 19:36:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Question: Can Lunge Crit with +Magical Critical Hit Rate?
 Bismarck.Cloudxi
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Cloudxi 2015-12-27 21:34:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Skyfire said: »
Question: Can Lunge Crit with +Magical Critical Hit Rate?
im not positive, but i don't think so
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-12-28 07:54:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Anybody mind sharing Requiescat builds on RUN please? <3
Please? :(

@Skyfire
Don't see why it shouldn't work honestly.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-12-29 01:29:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Since I received a few nice PMs (thanks guys, I apreciated that) from people suggesting me Carmine pieces, allow me to further elaborate.

Yes, I've seen Carmine used in the BLU thread and it's a nice set, I might eventually get some pieces, haven't made up my mind yet.
I have 9 jobs equipped to decent level, you can imagine how much of an inventory strain that puts on me.
Which means I'm often looking for compromises in my gearing paradygms.

That is: I can hardly justify getting a new piece if it's something I'm going to use for a single purpose, especially if that purpose is a single very situational WS and even more if that single piece doesn't generate a huge difference from my previous option.

With that said atm my Sanguine Blade build is pretty much the same as my Lunge build.
My Savage Blade, my Vorpal Blade and my Requiescat builds atm are just set_combine from my Resolution set, with due variations of course.
Some crit hit/crit dmg pieces for Vorpal, some other swaps for Savage Blade, something else for Requiescat (like Rufescent Ring etc) for slots where I already have better options.

I'm pretty sure there are improvement pieces that I already own but that I missed, or other improvement pieces that I could get and that could be used for multiple roles/jobs (and not just Requiescat on RUN).
This is mostly the reason why I was wanting to see what other people really practically use for their sets, to check what I accidentally missed.
Not really interested in seeing simply a "BiS" build.

Regardless, thanks for your time and your attention.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-12-29 02:18:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Requiescat is pretty much "stack acc / attack and pray". It's WSC is MND but on anything worth worrying about damage you are going to be strained for attack / accuracy more then anything else. Also you should invest in a Swift Blade WS set as that has the same Gravitation SC property as Requiescat but will give you better damage. It might be worth getting an Axe so you have access to multi-hit Decimation / Ruinator for Fusion and Distortion SC's. With Resolution / Dimidation covering Fragmentation you will then be able to form a SC with anyone in any situation.

Ruinator -> Leaden Salute / Wildfire is a powerful darkness
Swift Blade -> Rudra's or CDC also produces a powerful darkness

Light can be with Dimidiation or some combination of Decimation or Resolution and another opposing WS.

Knowing all your SC options lets you do many things other people never think about.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-12-29 03:24:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Good point about Swift Blade I guess, I forgot about that. Guess I'll try to build a small sample set for that as well.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-12-29 05:02:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Swift has same mods as savage, 50% STR / MND but is 1.5 fTP on 3+1 hits and copies http://fTP. Basically you use your resolution gearset for it. It has an accuracy boost from TP though nobody was ever able to quantify it.
By Jikku 2016-01-02 23:19:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure this comes up a lot, but what's a decent modern gear progression route? I haven't done much of the new content (one of those returning from a long break types) but I have a BLU that's geared on the lower middle tier and would like to get my RUN up there. I'm currently working on +1ing my AF/relic, have an Aettir, and farming Shinryu for a Twilight Torque isn't an issue either (sitting on 950k cruor...hopefully that's enough lol). Any other entry level tank equipment I should keep an eye on?

Edit: Haven't gotten any delve clears yet, still working on the SoA storyline, and so far I only have the Courier's Coalition at legend, so an Epeolatry is still a ways off for me
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-01-03 00:49:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd say a defending ring, Shadow Ring, augmented RUN cape with DT-5% (if possible), some Taeon gear for your acc needs. Could also solo Voso or get a group to do him for Refined Grip/+1 (I solo'd mine).

nq empyrean has some pdt pieces that are worth getting, and are pretty inexpensive to craft.
By Jikku 2016-01-04 16:57:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, and since BLU and RUN need Isgebind hearts I guess I'll be in Abyssea - Ulewhatever for a while.

So far I have Taeon boots (+25 ACC, +2 triple attack, +2% WS damage...need to change that last one) and Taeon pants (+15 ATK/ACC, +1 triple attack, +1% crit hit damage) but Taeon gloves are being a jerk and not dropping for me.

As for the empy quest, is it worth just doing the ilvl109 version of the fight? Can you get rewards for the fights even after you've cleared them once?
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-01-04 17:57:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Building amber lights can speed up your Isgebind pops tremendously. I personally like to use Sanguine Blade and regain atmas.

Taeon Gloves are a pretty weak piece overall, you might want to skip them and save your stones for the legs/feet or even sell to fund something else you want. They are good for Phalanx though.

If you're having a hard time with the Empy fight, then yes, just do it on an easier difficulty. You can go back after a conquest tally for a rematch on any difficulty if you're that concerned about the items and satisfaction. I'd wager the materials for 109 won't be expensive these days, at least.
By Jikku 2016-01-05 18:28:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Cleared the i109 Empy fight pretty easily and got a Twilight Torque...the Defending Ring is gonna be a *** though. Guess I need to get my butt into Dynamis - Xarcabard finally. Can you proc DL for increased drop rates on the ring?

Edit: Also, how many amber lights should I aim for? Max?
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2016-01-05 18:29:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Defending ring comes from King Behemoth ;0
By Jikku 2016-01-05 18:45:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh I know, I've killed him a few times with no luck though. I guess it's easier than it used to be back in the day but still kind of annoying.

Edit: And I got my Defending Ring after like 5 kills so that's one more thing down :D

Edit II: I think this is probably a typo, but on the Erilaz pants/boots it says "Occasionally absorbs damage taken", but the rest of the set states that that's the set bonus. Is that correct?

Also, what are the -MDT, -PDT, and how does straight -DT work into that?
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-01-05 23:44:35
Link | Quote | Reply

The "Occasionally Absorbs Damage" are just from the set bonuses. Seems to apply to any attack, including those that normally ignore defenses.

MDT applies to all attacks that are magical, except for breath attacks. Shell adds MDT, with our own Shell V being 24% (high values from WHM's merited Shellra V). You can even use Embolden to give that a nice boost, reducing the amount of MDT gear you'll need, if necessary. Incidentally, MDT that appears as an augment on gear (such as with Dark Rings or Skirmish gear) counts as BDT as well.

Normal DT gear applies to all damage (there are a few unique attacks that ignore DT though, as seen in Sinister Reign), and is added directly to MDT, PDT, and BDT. The total cap for these are 50%, with the exception of anything that has "Damage Taken II", which will exceed said cap. This is part of what makes Epeolatry so amazing, as you can go from -50% PDT to -75% PDT.
By Luminohelix 2016-01-05 23:53:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I want to play runefencer because I want to have at least 1 tank. I have a question. Which is easier to gear up to start doing things for end game as far as tank goes. Rune or pld? I am leaning towards rune. Also, is the front page still up to date with equipment? Sorry to bother anyone with such dumb questions and thanks for reading (/w\).
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-01-06 00:01:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Luminohelix said: »
I want to play runefencer because I want to have at least 1 tank. I have a question. Which is easier to gear up to start doing things for end game as far as tank goes. Rune or pld? I am leaning towards rune. Also, is the front page still up to date with equipment? Sorry to bother anyone with such dumb questions and thanks for reading (/w\).

I don't have pld so I can't really compare the difficulty for gearing those jobs. My guess is that both are reasonably easy to gear with JSE weapon/shield/reforged armor if you just want to tank easy content like T1~T3 NM/SR, but if you have plans to solo tank top tier endgame stuff like WoC or kirin+ add you may need a lot more gears such as R/E/M/ergon and more gear sets.
By Luminohelix 2016-01-06 00:06:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »

I don't have pld so I can't really compare the difficulty for gearing those jobs. My guess is that both are reasonably easy to gear with JSE weapon/shield/reforged armor if you just want to tank easy content like T1~T3 NM/SR, but if you have plans to solo tank top tier endgame stuff like WoC or kirin+ add you may need a lot more gears such as R/E/M/ergon.
Sorry I should rephrase that. I want to gear up to do lower tier content such as T2s T3s(if possible) zitah, ruaun(I don't know how to spell i) gardens, reisenjima.
 Bismarck.Cloudxi
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Cloudxi 2016-01-06 00:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

imo ergon master rune is the same as aegis burtgang pld, gotta factor in block rate of pld with aegis, and constant MDB and pdt of an ergon master rune, idk any master plds myself, but it seems like either could tank anything.
By Jikku 2016-01-06 07:25:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Something I just thought of - what food is good to use? I know if you need ACC sublime sushi is good. Not sure about attack or tank foods though. Is food a big deal anymore?
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2016-01-06 07:36:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Any of the relic armor worth 119ing? Been returning on RUN and I hadn't upgraded those past 109 back in the day :(
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-01-06 08:19:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Jikku said: »
Something I just thought of - what food is good to use? I know if you need ACC sublime sushi is good. Not sure about attack or tank foods though. Is food a big deal anymore?

Miso Ramen for tanking, behemoth steak for attack.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-01-06 12:23:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Any job is a bit of an investment to gear from scratch, but one of the cool things about playing multiple jobs on one character is that you don't have to start from scratch for each new job. As such, the answer depends in part on what jobs/gear you already have/plan to pursue. For example, I could gear up RUN pretty quickly since the majority of its non-JSE gear overlaps with my BLU. PLD would be more of an investment, as there is far less common gear there. Someone who favors other jobs would likely have a different experience - they might have more overlap with PLD, or perhaps it'd take about the same amount of time/effort either way.
First Page 2 3 ... 80 81 82 ... 188 189 190