Endeavoring To Awaken --A Guide To Rune Fencer

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 ... 188 189 190
 Sylph.Dasanuffadat
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Dasanuffadat 2013-04-05 14:10:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm... just had an Ignis buck my trend of half damage Lunges 3+ minutes after rune use... Not sure why I was doing half damage now (resisting on lvl.1 mobs is embarrassing lol) >.< back to the drawing board.
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-04-05 14:24:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Dasanuffadat said: »
Was just playing with Lunge on Wild Rabbits. Appears that Runes have their own MAB value that decays over time.

Ignis > Lunge always yielded 189 on Thundersday. If I used Ignis just after Lunge and waited the full cooldown to Lunge again I would do 94 damage. (1 rune every time). Exact same results for Lux.

Sulpor > Lunge hit a max of 207 which is a 10% boost in damage which means Lunges are affected by Day of the Week bonuses and likely weather too for that matter. Twilight cape and obi's may be a great way to boost your damage with a scholar in party or /sch AoEing spells for hate? Out of the box thinking but fun find.

Are you certain it decays? I just left my runes on for quite a bit and still doing massive dmg to EP leeches in obliette.
 Shiva.Kuraneko
Server: Shiva
user: Kuraneko
By Shiva.Kuraneko 2013-04-05 14:29:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
Sylph.Dasanuffadat said: »
Was just playing with Lunge on Wild Rabbits. Appears that Runes have their own MAB value that decays over time.

Ignis > Lunge always yielded 189 on Thundersday. If I used Ignis just after Lunge and waited the full cooldown to Lunge again I would do 94 damage. (1 rune every time). Exact same results for Lux.

Sulpor > Lunge hit a max of 207 which is a 10% boost in damage which means Lunges are affected by Day of the Week bonuses and likely weather too for that matter. Twilight cape and obi's may be a great way to boost your damage with a scholar in party or /sch AoEing spells for hate? Out of the box thinking but fun find.

Are you certain it decays? I just left my runes on for quite a bit and still doing massive dmg to EP leeches in obliette.

I'd support this thought. I was xp'ing the last few days between the Oubliette and a worm party and would notice sometimes with 3 runes up damage would be odd sometimes. The other answer to it could be resists?
I noticed the lower numbers most notably when it had been a long time since I refreshed my runes; if I had just applied one recently I noticed higher numbers. Admittedly eyeballed it, but when I noticed it and thought about I tried specifically paying attention to it.

What would be the way to test if it's decay vs. resist? (I've never tested mechanics since I'm not really a math~y person and leave that to folks that have a clue normally_
 Sylph.Dasanuffadat
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Dasanuffadat 2013-04-05 14:30:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Not anymore, posted just above you. Can't seem to reproduce my 94 damages anymore for some reason. I'm guessing somehow the lv 1 mobs managed to resist half the damage on the 20 or so I did with waiting. Little baffled xD

Edit: Kura just made me think that instead of a MAB decay its a MACC decay. Will have to try on higher level mobs this time to test that I guess.
 Shiva.Spathaian
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2013-04-05 14:36:50
Link | Quote | Reply

That's curious either way. Especially since my small eyeballing showed opposite results. Where I was getting better Lunge damage from runes that I kept on longer than from ones that I had just put up. If there is a time component involved I'd love to figure out what exactly it messes with.
 Shiva.Kuraneko
user: Kuraneko
By Shiva.Kuraneko 2013-04-05 14:40:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone checked their elemental resistance over time with a rune up? Does that stay the same from application to right before it wears off? (won't be on till Sunday to check myself)
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-04-05 14:43:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never noticed a Rune Enchantment MAB decay - all of mine are pretty well static in damage, even on the elemental day in question. They do get resisted quite easily at lower levels, and sometimes you may not notice that only 1 or 2 lunge hits connect when a mob is close to dying.

At lower levels, chances are things are easily going to resist the Lunge Damage
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-04-05 14:47:55
Link | Quote | Reply

It stays the same for the 3 minute duration
[+]
By SakimaAsura 2013-04-05 14:53:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if someone already mentioned but Athos's Gloves for ws on active days?
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
Server: Phoenix
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2013-04-05 15:33:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, so I decided to play around on RUN99/MNK49. Here are my thoughts;

Focus - If you're at capped or near capped Great Sword skill, this isn't really necessary, besides that, you have Swordplay.

Dodge - Good, but not good enough. Parrying skill, Evasion skill, Inquartata, and tanking gear will probably render dodge pointless. Also covered by Swordplay.

Chakra - Helpful, but doesn't warrant subbing MNK, though a "Healing Rune" JA would be nice.

Counterstance - No.

Chi Blast - Not really useful, unless you're pulling two non-linking mobs as I did while fooling around.

Boost - Probably not useful unless you stack, which will be a very rare occurance.

Max HP Boost - Always good for a tank. I don't exactly think RUN should get this natively, though.

Counter - The reason I'm even bothering to write this. /MNK gives you Counter I, which is about 10% Counter rate. Runes do not proc on counter attacks. I DO think Rune Fencer should get a native Counter I trait. I think it would fit with the theme of fencing as you can indeed counter attack in fencing.

*My opinions, they are just like an a**hole, everone has one, unless maybe you've undergone a hemicorporectomy or something.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2013-04-05 18:42:53
Link | Quote | Reply

What's a good place to skill Parrying? 301 atm and Mandies in Aby Misa are missing alot.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
Server: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2013-04-05 18:55:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Mandies in altepa?
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2013-04-05 19:11:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll try that.
 Fenrir.Calamity
user: Calamity
By Fenrir.Calamity 2013-04-05 19:11:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I capped parrying very fast on altepa mandies. Grabbed an earth staff and as much pdt as I could stack, used /war for defender, and aggressor to drop eva down, then popped a bunch of regen atmas. With skillup food I had it capped in 2 120 minute sessions, starting at around 312.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2013-04-05 19:17:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Calamity said: »
I capped parrying very fast on altepa mandies. Grabbed an earth staff and as much pdt as I could stack, used /war for defender, and aggressor to drop eva down, then popped a bunch of regen atmas. With skillup food I had it capped in 2 120 minute sessions, starting at around 312.

Which food? I'm using Elshena atm. Should I swap to Montagna?
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-04-05 19:23:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Montagna for 300-350. After that, use Maringna.
http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Category:Skill_Up_Food
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2013-04-05 19:24:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Aight. I'll swap, cause I'm getting next to nothing with Elshena.

Edit: Ok, I swapped to GS to kill my mob so I could leave and got 2 skill-ups fast, think this could be something to do with Inquartata or coincidence?
 Fenrir.Calamity
user: Calamity
By Fenrir.Calamity 2013-04-05 19:56:08
Link | Quote | Reply

It's all just roll of the dice.
 Carbuncle.Verina
Server: Carbuncle
user: Verina
By Carbuncle.Verina 2013-04-05 22:02:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Could this decay be something similar to Marksmanship affecting Quickdraw/Wildfire m acc on Cor?

Maybe Greatsword skill (or whatever skill on weapon you were using) has an effect on the MAcc for Lunge.
 Odin.Arkista
By Odin.Arkista 2013-04-05 22:14:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Could someone help me out on gear set for Resolution this is what Im using.
ItemSet 295555

Ive done PW alot still no hands and I don't have Heca head or feet but trying to get and haven't done much salvage. What gear could I get to beef up my gear set?
 Asura.Escorian
Server: Asura
user: Escorian
By Asura.Escorian 2013-04-06 01:38:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a question about rune fencer How do you manage to harbor more than 1 rune? The Job Ability Descriptions seem to point out you can use more than 1 but I have only been able to use 1 so far.
 Bahamut.Cantontai
Server: Bahamut
user: Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2013-04-06 01:39:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Escorian said: »
I have a question about rune fencer How do you manage to harbor more than 1 rune? The Job Ability Descriptions seem to point out you can use more than 1 but I have only been able to use 1 so far.

Are you past level 35 yet?
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-04-06 01:40:25
Link | Quote | Reply

2 runes @35
3 runes @65

It's in the OP.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-04-06 02:09:32
Link | Quote | Reply

If you do Meeble Burrows, Nemetona Cap in place of the Aias Bonnet, Hecatomb Leggings +1 still beat Kacura Leggings +1, even before augments, but here's a rough idea of what i use currently:

ItemSet 295580

Edit: I missed the part about not having Heca Head or Feet, but they really aren't that difficult to obtain if you have the funds and a few friends.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-06 05:13:47
Link | Quote | Reply

You can use Dux if you don't have Nemetona.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-04-06 11:17:51
Link | Quote | Reply

So some JP got a Crobaci with:

D141
D+38 STR+12 WS damage+10

Can't complain about lack of gswords now. This thing is superior to 99 rag.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2013-04-06 11:24:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I was wondering about whether or not that got an augment... My only question is how you get it and how exactly you augment it. Since I haven't been following threads nor see the information on BG.
 Odin.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-04-06 11:24:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
So some JP got a Crobaci with:

D141
D+38 STR+12 WS damage+10

Can't complain about lack of gswords now. This thing is superior to 99 rag.

thats a sick piece
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 ... 188 189 190