Endeavoring To Awaken --A Guide To Rune Fencer

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 ... 175 176 177 ... 188 189 190
 Bahamut.Omegus
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Alphus
By Bahamut.Omegus 2020-04-28 04:34:20
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 372612

Just wanna throw this set out there for times you might get caught with your pants down.
Taeon all have 10sir and Ogma has pdt
104 sir
40pdt (13dt)
Hp is the lowest with 2787 but better to drop hp to get phalanx back up
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
Server: Asura
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-04-29 07:52:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so, this might sounds weird, but what are people's opinions on a new/updated RUN guide on ffxiah? I am wanting to make one which is similar to this current one, but have everything updated and the different selections for merits, and other opinions changed.

The reason I ask is because it will be similar to this, however almost all aspects of the job aside from the factual info, JAs, etc have been changed or improved in some way.

So I'd just like to know what people think if it'll be beneficial or I'd be wasting my time by doing it.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Server: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2020-04-29 08:17:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shiraj said: »
Ok so, this might sounds weird, but what are people's opinions on a new/updated RUN guide on ffxiah? I am wanting to make one which is similar to this current one, but have everything updated and the different selections for merits, and other opinions changed.

The reason I ask is because it will be similar to this, however almost all aspects of the job aside from the factual info, JAs, etc have been changed or improved in some way.

So I'd just like to know what people think if it'll be beneficial or I'd be wasting my time by doing it.

Referencing this guide i assume? I don't think it's bad, but a lot of sets on the front page are outsated. A lot of it could be fixed.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-04-29 09:01:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kingkitt said: »
Referencing this guide i assume? I don't think it's bad, but a lot of sets on the front page are outsated. A lot of it could be fixed.

Referencing all of the basic info such as the factual stuff such as what a job ability does etc. But I will probably expand on how some job abilities can be used as a big advantage as well, such as how to well time Valiance/Liement, etc. And definitely all sets, because from what it looks like, some are well over 2-3 years old.

And since times have changes some opinions on merit allocations have changed as well. So will probably expand on meta changes over the few years that's been missed out.

The guide I have on BG-Wiki was supposed to be an end-game only, but didn't include starter stuff, so a lot of questions I get are how to get steps before end-game. And I don't know if it's just cos they don't read other guides, or what, but I would like to have everything all in one so there's no need to look around multiple pages.
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2020-04-29 12:17:00
Link | Quote | Reply

It would be nice for others I'm sure.
I know I've put some sets on the BG-Wiki community page, but some of those are probably out of date at this point too. Just a matter of time trying to keep things updated
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2020-04-29 13:10:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Omegus said: »
ItemSet 372612

Just wanna throw this set out there for times you might get caught with your pants down.
Taeon all have 10sir and Ogma has pdt
104 sir
40pdt (13dt)
Hp is the lowest with 2787 but better to drop hp to get phalanx back up

I'm only counting 94% SIRD? what am I missing?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-04-29 13:14:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Based on your count, I'd say you overlooked magnetic earring's 8%? 96+8=104

EDIT: I could have sworn the previous post said 96% before I posted... =_=
You'd get 96% if you totaled up everything but magnetic and added full merits. 94% with just all gear. So yes, merits.
By Pantafernando 2020-04-29 13:18:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Merits
 Leviathan.Andret
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2020-04-29 13:21:35
Link | Quote | Reply

ammo 11
neck 15
earring 8
body 10
hands 10
belt 10
legs 20
feet 10

Total 94

merit 10?

Why not use Rawhide Gloves?
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2020-04-29 13:27:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »

You'd get 96% if you totaled up everything but magnetic and added full merits. 94% with just all gear. So yes, merits.

I actually missed merits... and incorrectly typed out the % I was getting... :P
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-04-29 13:35:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
Ragnarok.Martel said: »

I actually missed merits... and incorrectly typed out the % I was getting... :P
Ahh, so I'm not losing my mind. Thank you.
Leviathan.Andret said: »
Why not use Rawhide Gloves?
Because it's an SIRD Phalanx set. The Taeon hands almost certainly have a Phalanx+3 augment on them as well.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-04-29 13:37:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, this set cant make use of the extra 5% of rawhide glove.

Only sacrifice one can consider is taeon gloves for regal gauntlet if he feels like extra 100hp make up for the loss on the phalanx
 Asura.Cicion
user: cicion
By Asura.Cicion 2020-04-29 14:54:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean you have access to aquaveil i dont see much point to a SIRD set for phalanx. Only time i see this being remotely useful is if mass pulling stuff and mobs haven't died 3mins after prebuffing or if got dispeled from a mage in there.

No ones perfect either i'v pulled stuff before forgetting to apply phalanx before hand as well.
 Bahamut.Omegus
Server: Bahamut
user: Alphus
By Bahamut.Omegus 2020-04-29 18:20:11
Link | Quote | Reply

That is exactly my main use for this, pulling entire zones of mobs before cleaving. And the occasionally "oh ***i set off without Phalanx" three and a half hours into gain exp :P
[+]
 Asura.Aller
user: AsAller
By Asura.Aller 2020-05-02 09:41:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Of the new DI items and augmented UNM gear, what are RUNs finding themselves using?
By Pantafernando 2020-05-02 10:06:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I didnt update my RUN set yet but i guess those pieces could figure in them at some point:

Unmoving Collar (enmity sets with some HP to avoid too many losses during swaps)

Gelatinous Ring (turtle set) -> Probably the most wanted piece out of the UNM options, mostly to use in other jobs defensive sets. Extra HP helps for RUN.

DI earring: the DEF+20 (+40 total) to make a full defensive set for supertank.

Tuisto Earring to keep high HP

Audumbla Sash (SID set with more PDT).

Saxnot earring: divine skill to maximize Vivacious Pulse

People says the parrying skills sucks for parrying so i guess i would go with the evasion one, Ran Earring.
[+]
By Crossbones 2020-05-02 11:12:50
Link | Quote | Reply

If parrying sucks fat chance evasion is any better. Personally I grabbed the sird sash and tank ear from DI and the jelly ring from UNM. I already don't drop hp in all but a few sets and I like to keep my pdt capped so I haven't found a use for the unmoving collar yet but maybe there's better itemization out there I'm not aware of.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2020-05-02 11:40:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aller said: »
Of the new DI items and augmented UNM gear, what are RUNs finding themselves using?
DI:
Saxnot Earring
Mimir Earring
Tuisto Earring
Audumbla Sash
Unity:
Gelatinous Ring +1
Sailfi Belt +1
Unmoving Collar +1
and i guess Augury Cuisses +1
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2020-05-02 12:38:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Out of curiosity, what sets to you use Sailfi Belt +1 on RUN?

Anyway, I'd add Refined Grip +1 to the list. DEF+20 is a nice little bonus to your DT grip.
By Crossbones 2020-05-02 12:47:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I've definitely thought about the refined grip but man do I love the hp and utility of utu. Maybe that's one of the pieces that can allow for some better itemization like swapping pdt belt for engraved or something idk. As for sailfi belt maybe for tp set? Idk if it's any better than ioseka +1 or windbuffet.
[+]
 Asura.Shermansmith
By Asura.Shermansmith 2020-05-02 12:50:23
Link | Quote | Reply

One great use for refined grip +1 might be master trial black and white but also RUN does fine with utu grip. I mean Cocoon y'all....
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2020-05-02 17:07:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »
Out of curiosity, what sets to you use Sailfi Belt +1 on RUN?

Anyway, I'd add Refined Grip +1 to the list. DEF+20 is a nice little bonus to your DT grip.
TP
By Lebeau 2020-05-04 11:40:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Picking brains on Turms Cap +1 vs Volte Cap. Is there a world where Volte would be better suited for the head slot rather than Turms? I can hit all my -DT items super easily (as most can on RUN) and just feel like that 10% avoidance to status ailments would be great over the slight Regain. I know there are still some other differences between the two, but really trying to see if one is DRASTICALLY better. I don't really get to use my RUN a lot on tougher mobs so I don't get a lot of testing time on it.

Thanks!
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-05-04 11:44:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Lebeau said: »
Picking brains on Turms Cap +1 vs Volte Cap. Is there a world where Volte would be better suited for the head slot rather than Turms? I can hit all my -DT items super easily (as most can on RUN) and just feel like that 10% avoidance to status ailments would be great. I don't really get to use my RUN a lot on tougher mobs so I don't get a lot of testing time on it.

Thanks!

No.
Turms +1 pulls ahead of volte cap. The +10 resist all status is halved on NMs, so that becomes +5. So Turms cap +1 has basically 2 M.eva more than Volte Cap.

Turms beats it on almost all aspects and has more Regen too.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Guthrie
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Lebeau
By Quetzalcoatl.Guthrie 2020-05-04 12:49:25
Link | Quote | Reply

The +10 resist all status is halved on NMs, so that becomes +5.

Ah, okay, thanks! Kinda forgot about that part (just came back after a year-ish break). Greatly appreciate it!
By Numquam 2020-05-06 07:49:39
Link | Quote | Reply

The parry +5 on the ambu cape is +5 parry skill or +5% to parry rate? Anyone know? I want to get creative with capes because RUN is making become a gear hoarder.
By Pantafernando 2020-05-06 08:04:46
Link | Quote | Reply

The BG community guide says Its like Inquartata. Maybe it was Spiceryan who made it (the community guide)?
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-05-06 08:11:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Parry +5 on ambu cape = +5 Inquartata. Geriond I believe tested it on another thread.
By Numquam 2020-05-06 13:10:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Parry +5 on ambu cape = +5 Inquartata. Geriond I believe tested it on another thread.

O_O
First Page 2 3 ... 175 176 177 ... 188 189 190