Endeavoring To Awaken --A Guide To Rune Fencer

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 ... 152 153 154 ... 188 189 190
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Hiraishin
By Asura.Hiraishinsenna 2018-12-20 09:13:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Occasionally Attacks twice (40%) or thrice (20%) would be the equivalent of 9% TA?
 Siren.Attaxia
Server: Siren
user: Attaxia
By Siren.Attaxia 2018-12-20 09:43:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe the missing meva stat on those legs is a mistake on the item text. That being said, the value - in-keeping with the rest of the set - is pretty low.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2018-12-20 13:47:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I was trying to throw together a TP set with some defense (PDT/DT) on it that could be used with AM3 up on Epeolatry. My aim was to avoid DA as much as possible in favor of STP. This isn't for high end content tanking.

So here's an example of a plain TP Set for non-AM3:
ItemSet 363913
Lots and lots of MA and STP, but virtually no PDT outside of Epeo. It's fun until you start taking too much damage and have to turtle back up again.

Here's a Hybrid Set example:
ItemSet 340309
It does its job of keeping you alive and doing some damage, but realistically, the damage increase is negligible.

So with an experimental AM3 Hybrid Build like the one I posted before:
ItemSet 363907
(Please Note: I'm operating under the assumption OATT will pick up the slack from the loss of MA)
You can focus more on STP whilst swinging for the fences and negating dmg.

Asura.Crowned said: »
As for your AM3 set, I'm not really sure what you're going for? The set you posted looks like a normal hybrid set.

After thinking about it for a bit, I suppose it could just be applied as a regular Hybrid set. Was just curious what other's thoughts on it were, if anyone else used an AM3 Up Set, and what that looked like.
By Taint 2018-12-20 16:06:23
Link | Quote | Reply

A Hybird with Epeo only needs 20-30 PDT.

You can layer it with toggles.

ItemSet 352465
 Sylph.Dravidian
Server: Sylph
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2018-12-20 18:28:29
Link | Quote | Reply

No
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-12-20 20:05:44
Link | Quote | Reply

With a set like this, you can reach 3-hit w/ XI Sam Roll while eating dish of spaghetti arrabbiata +1 dish of spaghetti pescatora +1, and still maintain acceptable levels of -DT.

ItemSet 363909

Edit: XI from Rostam C might get you there, without food.
 Asura.Trickflo
user: Efan
By Asura.Trickflo 2018-12-30 01:40:02
Link | Quote | Reply

With the wsd change what a good reso set look like now?
 Bahamut.Alexcennah
Server: Bahamut
user: digoserra
By Bahamut.Alexcennah 2018-12-30 04:15:22
Link | Quote | Reply

What wsd change? If you're talking about that bug that made wsd+ apply to all hits, it was fixed by SE in November's update.
[+]
 Asura.Trickflo
user: Efan
By Asura.Trickflo 2018-12-30 05:25:29
Link | Quote | Reply

yea i mean the most recent sets ive been able to find are geared around that bug being in place but now thats its not just trying to see what its supposed to look like
By Kaleen75014 2018-12-30 05:32:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I use this as a guideline :
Your text to link here...

I suppose it's up to date ?
By Taint 2018-12-30 05:48:25
Link | Quote | Reply

My Reso standard reso set:

ItemSet 361842

Missing perfect tights or I'd use them. Theo hates me.

Herc feet are STR14,QA2. (lucky DM)
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-12-30 06:47:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually use Lustratio+1 cap/harness for Reso, but mostly the same as the above set.
By Zerowone 2018-12-30 17:16:49
Link | Quote | Reply

What about a current Dimi’ set?
By Taint 2018-12-30 17:58:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Zerowone said: »

ItemSet 364159

Herc feet with DEX/wsdmg5 also work and add Meva.
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-01-04 23:46:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Here is my best possible attempt of soloing Genbu in Escha Ru'aun. This fight shows how rune can be used in a self skillchaining and magic burst rather efficiently with the use of Lunge and Swipe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJSEkNdSX6g

As i stated in the description, I am not wasting anymore time on this fight as it is pure luck based to solo with how much he spams Invincible.
By Zerowone 2019-01-06 17:47:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
Zerowone said: »

ItemSet 364159

Herc feet with DEX/wsdmg5 also work and add Meva.
What are the paths for the Lustario?
 Bahamut.Alexcennah
user: digoserra
By Bahamut.Alexcennah 2019-01-07 03:29:26
Link | Quote | Reply

B for legs, D for feet.
 Bahamut.Glizdus
user: Gli2duS
By Bahamut.Glizdus 2019-01-07 09:18:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Can someone list me mandatory capes which every RUN should have in their waredrob?
I have some left over HM/GAL to spend and want to build RUN capes, but I can't come up with any outside those two I've made so far:
Code
gear.enmity_jse_back = {name="Ogma's cape", augments={'HP+60','Eva.+20 /Mag. Eva.+20','HP+20','Enmity+10','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}}
gear.da_jse_back = {name="Ogma's cape", augments={'STR+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','STR+10','"Dbl.Atk."+10',}}

I probably want to make Dimi cape with stats like that:
Code
gear.stp_jse_back = {name="Ogma's cape",augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','"Store TP"+10',}}

And maybe one with stat resistance since I think that with Epeo I can break 50% PDT.
Or should I cap PDT w/o Epeo and on top of that use those extra 25%?
 Asura.Elizabet
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-01-07 10:45:30
Link | Quote | Reply

You need a Fast Cast cape~!
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-01-07 13:16:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Code
    gear.RUN_FC_Cape = {name="Ogma's cape", augments={'HP+60','Eva.+20 /Mag. Eva.+20','HP+20','"Fast Cast"+10','Spell interruption rate down-10%',}}
    gear.RUN_HPD_Cape = {name="Ogma's cape", augments={'HP+60','Eva.+20 /Mag. Eva.+20','HP+20','Enmity+10','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}}
    gear.RUN_HPP_Cape = {name="Ogma's cape", augments={'HP+60','Eva.+20 /Mag. Eva.+20','HP+20','Enmity+10','Parrying rate+5%',}}
    gear.RUN_TP_Cape = {name="Ogma's cape", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','Accuracy+10','"Store TP"+10','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}}
    gear.RUN_WS1_Cape = {name="Ogma's cape", augments={'STR+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','STR+10','"Dbl.Atk."+10','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}}
    gear.RUN_WS2_Cape = {name="Ogma's cape", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','DEX+10','Weapon skill damage +10%','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}}

Bahamut.Glizdus said: »
And maybe one with stat resistance since I think that with Epeo I can break 50% PDT.
Or should I cap PDT w/o Epeo and on top of that use those extra 25%?

If you're in a defensive stance, you should always go for -75% PDT w Epeo.
By Gli2duS 2019-01-08 01:34:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Here is a sugestion. I myself is short few pieces but i think its a good balance between SIR and defense.

ItemSet 363357

Ewwww when I see skirmish gear in the sets it makes me sick ...
Need to think of some alternatives 'cos I am using Ethereal all over my sets...
Also still don't have an access to that Sash >.<;;
By Pantafernando 2019-01-08 04:28:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Gli2duS said: »
Pantafernando said: »
Here is a sugestion. I myself is short few pieces but i think its a good balance between SIR and defense.

ItemSet 363357

Ewwww when I see skirmish gear in the sets it makes me sick ...
Need to think of some alternatives 'cos I am using Ethereal all over my sets...
Also still don't have an access to that Sash >.<;;

This set posted is the best i could come up. It suposes merits 10/10 on SID and cape with PDT10 resulting in 104 SID and 73 PDT/27 DT so i can cast spells like Geist wall while being zerged by whatever amount of mob.

Taeon is the easiest part. Getting PDT5 on herc is terrible. So much ive been using Futhark head till i can get damn PDT5 on feet.

For magnetic earring alternative, you can exchange moonlight ring for evanecence ring and adding a genmei earring, just losing 3PDT/5DT and being 1% short of SID cap.

If you dont want to waste merits you can use SID cape but merits are so easy to come that you can also change it depending on content

Those are my opinions.

I wish SE can add some extra 5 SID somewhere so i can change rawhide gloves for regal gauntlet then making up for hp loss.
By lazywolf 2019-01-09 20:39:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Looked around but can't find anything on how player defense works vs monsters. Trying to understand so I know when/if cocoon or Geo def buffs are worth using...

Any advice on what gear to focus on first? Returning player so still unlocking/finishing up missions. I have Aettir already and all the 109 Run sets. Not sure where to go from here.
 Asura.Elizabet
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-01-09 21:13:50
Link | Quote | Reply

lazywolf said: »
I have Aettir already and all the 109 Run sets. Not sure where to go from here.

Make em 119. Get 100 JP, get Turmns Hands / Feet. do Ambuscade for gil / Anyamo and Megha Sets, they have useful part for various sets (Anyamo legs are great for fast cast!)

As far as how defense work: click me
By lazywolf 2019-01-09 22:56:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty much my plan so looks like I am on the right path. Anyamo seemed more limited in use than the Megha stuff. Glad you pointed out the fast cast on legs because I missed that part. Cant upgrade Erilaz yet but I am working on being able to...

Why Turms hands/feet? A lot of eva/meva on those so full time those and switch in DT gear for any big hits?

As for the defense that link I had found already but it didn't help much.

"Because of level correction, increasing defense is generaly not the best way to reduce damage taken against monster targets that are a higher level than the player."

This is mostly for lowman/solo situations. My wife has started playing Geo so we are trying to figure out when buffs are useful. So for example do I go /drk and have her indi-barrier, /blu cocoon with indi-barrier or neither? Assuming the target hits hard enough to care but shadows aren't an option.
By Pantafernando 2019-01-10 00:54:18
Link | Quote | Reply

lazywolf said: »
Pretty much my plan so looks like I am on the right path. Anyamo seemed more limited in use than the Megha stuff. Glad you pointed out the fast cast on legs because I missed that part. Cant upgrade Erilaz yet but I am working on being able to...

Why Turms hands/feet? A lot of eva/meva on those so full time those and switch in DT gear for any big hits?

As for the defense that link I had found already but it didn't help much.

"Because of level correction, increasing defense is generaly not the best way to reduce damage taken against monster targets that are a higher level than the player."

This is mostly for lowman/solo situations. My wife has started playing Geo so we are trying to figure out when buffs are useful. So for example do I go /drk and have her indi-barrier, /blu cocoon with indi-barrier or neither? Assuming the target hits hard enough to care but shadows aren't an option.

Your priority as a tank should be always capping your pdt/mdt set for surviability. Second major role is keeping mobs attention and for that you will need enmity gear for quick swaps during ability usage/spells casting.

Secondary sets but that are important is a specific phalanx and regen sets, that will increase its duration plus their effects. Both buffs should be always up so you can reduce your dmg taken and slowly recover hp.

Turms sets exactly work in this category: surviability and defense. While it doesnt have any pdt/mdt, it has massive meva/mdb and thats the first RUN trademark: magic tanking. For that he can achieve high meva for resists nukes/enfeebs, and high mdb to reduce magic dmg taken aside job abilities that either reduce directly dmg (vallation/valliance) either annul it (one for all/elemental sforzo), absorb it (liement) or resist it (rune enchantment/plug/barspells).

But 2 pieces of turms set enhance the second RUN trademark: parrying. While for most jobs you wont care much about parrying defensive stats, RUN has the job trait inquartata that increase parrying plus job ability battuta thats your ultimate physical defense. Inquartata should be your second attribute to focus (after pdt). Given not many option for this, that means you should lock your tank sets with turms feet, erilaz legs and ogma cape as they have this attribute. A special note for turms hands, its an unique piece you probably should also lock in your tanking set: it has an unique trait for recovering 75/100 hp every sucessful parrying. As your parrying a lot on RUN that means you reduce your needs for healers and indeed some events you can just rely on your regen/phalanx/vivacious pulse/battuta without any outside help.

About coccon you will normally use it as a bonus for using /BLU and you will use it if you need AoE enmity spells/extra enmity spells so doesnt hurts having enhanced defense. Geo wilt/barrier is mostly when you know your pdt wont be enough to handle physical dmg taken. You maybe will have this issue if youre low on jp and not epeolatry, and no phalanx (for whatever reason). Once you have them all, i personally just use defense buffs if im doing a massive pull of high attack mobs (for example i use coccon when i pull dyna div statues for cleave and i used geo wilt against last month ambuscade to hold adds while DDs beat them).
By Ineeedmoney 2019-01-10 17:02:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Question to the Run's out there would buying a Morgelai be worth it or would it be better to invest into a Lionheart or Epeolatry

Just wondering if the 30% on Pulse and 25% on Regen would be worth it for pure tanking.
By Pantafernando 2019-01-10 17:10:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ineeedmoney said: »
Question to the Run's out there would buying a Morgelai be worth it or would it be better to invest into a Lionheart or Epeolatry

Just wondering if the 30% on Pulse and 25% on Regen would be worth it for pure tanking.

I dont think there is any unique tanking charateristic on that one.

It seems just an expensive macro-piece (path C). I would go with DD options though in the end prob going with Lionheart seems cheaper (not sure if Lionheart would win in a long run against that one GS).
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-01-10 19:31:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Morgelai under path A can output some serious DPS under max buffs, but it just falls short or Epeo and Lionheart, sadly. Always nice to use when you have a 1min+ amnesia though.
First Page 2 3 ... 152 153 154 ... 188 189 190