Endeavoring To Awaken --A Guide To Rune Fencer

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 188 189 190
 Bismarck.Hsieh
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2013-04-03 10:14:35
Link | Quote | Reply

kenshynofshiva said: »
Man do peeps just miss the point or is our educational system this bad? We are testing RUN in real world scenarios we have theory and conjecture simple proof is what we seek my thf mule has been one shot by her funny as hell but hey I digest.... Yes if a RUN in my group can keep me not having to carry some gear and can hold hate a bit off the mages would make me happy can't test myself work and all love to hear about others testing the mdt and magic resist are high on my schedule can RUN resist doom and death stay tuned...
And this is also a game.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2013-04-03 10:16:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
A few things that have been tested from what I saw on bg:

- MDB VII at 99.
- Elemental Sforzo: 1800 CE, 7200 VE
- Gambit: 640 CE, 1280 VE
- Lunge: Normal dmg enmity
- All wards: 450 CE, 900 VE (Valiance like most AOEs is per target hit)
- Swordplay: 160 CE, 320 VE.
- Foil: 80 CE, 240 VE
- Runes: 80 CE, 320 VE
- Embolden, One for All: 160 CE, 320 VE (OfA is per target hit)

Think all was tested from Dasva.

I was hoping Runes would be more CE =(
By kenshynofshiva 2013-04-03 10:25:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Any one test all for one? Is that 30 seconds of invincible to all magic? Grants a Magic Shield effect for party members within area of effect.

Valiance Reduces elemental damage for party members within area of effect. The types of elemental damage reduced depend on the runes you harbor. How much reduced damage?

Liement Is the Absorbs elemental damage. The types of elemental damage absorbed depend on the runes you harbor. How much is adsorbed?my friend

I do want to play with shinryu for grins and giggles on RUN for the hell of it. As soon as I hit 99, yes for fun, like my buddy did with his pld and his new shiny golden shield...
By Balias 2013-04-03 10:47:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Pardon my ignorance but what's CE and VE?
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-04-03 10:51:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Balias said: »
Pardon my ignorance but what's CE and VE?

Their the different types of hate you accumulate. They each have an individual cap of 10,000 and are combined for determining who's on the top of the hate list. CE is culminate and only goes down when you take damage, VE is volatile and decays at a rate of 60/second.

Kanikan did a ton of research a long time ago, it should be considered mandatory reading.

http://kanican.livejournal.com/tag/enmity%20testing!
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-04-03 10:52:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Cumulative Enmity and VOlatile Enmity. Cumulative decays from taking damage, Volatile decays rapidly over time.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-04-03 10:52:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Cumulative Enmity
Cumulative Enmity (CE) is generated when doing damage or using almost any spell or ability. All spells and abilities generate at least 1CE until a player has reached the cap of 10,000CE.
This form of Enmity is decreased primarily by taking damage and additionally by evading an attack via Utsusemi, being enfeebled, and by being hit with certain "hate-resetting" monster techniques.
Position on the hate list can be affected by doing things such as zoning and logging out; however, unless the hate list is cleared these will be insufficient to reset your CE.

Volatile Enmity
Volatile Enmity (VE) is generated when doing damage or using some spells and abilities (unlike Cumulative Enmity, not all spells and abilities generate VE) to a cap of 10,000VE.
This form of Enmity decreases over time at a rate of -60VE/second until reaching zero.
VE is harder to measure than CE because of this decay, but there are plentiful sources of VE for jobs looking to obtain it. Nearly every job in the game has easy access to high-VE job abilities, spells, or the ever-present option of just hitting the monster. The Provoke job ability, for example, adds 1800 VE.

Beaten by that much lol....
 Phoenix.Thorbean
Server: Phoenix
user: Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2013-04-03 11:20:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Man do peeps just miss the point or is our educational system this bad? We are testing RUN in real world scenarios we have theory and conjecture simple proof is what we seek my thf mule has been one shot by her funny as hell but hey I digest.... Yes if a RUN in my group can keep me not having to carry some gear and can hold hate a bit off the mages would make me happy can't test myself work and all love to hear about others testing the mdt and magic resist are high on my schedule can RUN resist doom and death stay tuned...

I realise it was most likely because you were in a rush for work, but you followed the bolded part by 2 of the worst punctuated lines of English, I have ever read. :D.

Looking forward to status ailment resist rate info though!
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2013-04-03 11:46:29
Link | Quote | Reply

testing the mdt and magic resist are high on my schedule can RUN resist doom and death stay tuned...

See, now THAT would be interesting stuff and a potential reason to choose RUN over other jobs. I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes (and wish I had more time to get my RUN to 99 already myself).

Please don't take my questioning how RUN fits into the game as trolling. I just think that for people who want RUN to succeed, it's important to ask how the new findings are relevant to the real question of "why would a party want to bring this job over the alternatives?"

PUP RDM PLD can kill a lot of NMs too, where exactly does that leave them in the eyes of the overall community? Hopefully RUN can carve out a more meaningful niche that is actually allowed to come to group events.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-04-03 12:39:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Findings should be about sharing knowledge and experiences with the job since not every one could rocket to 99. Yes we have done study's on MDT would SE allow RUN with Traits and JA be like a Aegis pld and break the mold. Understanding how a job performs in many diverse situations helps us understand its place in the game low man, full party, and alliance. If someone has something to share more power to them because just because you didn't get something from it doesn't mean others can't.

If I can sleep walk during my next gun, for my mule, damn straight I will have a thf and a run along for the ride.
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2013-04-03 12:49:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Please don't take my questioning how RUN fits into the game as trolling. I just think that for people who want RUN to succeed, it's important to ask how the new findings are relevant to the real question of "why would a party want to bring this job over the alternatives?"

PUP RDM PLD can kill a lot of NMs too, where exactly does that leave them in the eyes of the overall community? Hopefully RUN can carve out a more meaningful niche that is actually allowed to come to group events.
This is why we do testing, and what we do will influence what se does to the job

going to try glavoid tonight, hoping foil works, and also how much runes will be absorbed during casting
By kenshynofshiva 2013-04-03 12:51:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Man that quoting got mangled above, cause I know I didn't say that lol...
 Shiva.Paulu
Server: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2013-04-03 13:03:59
Link | Quote | Reply

RUN tanks Megamaw Mikely like a Phos +1, for what it's worth. Double digit nukes were fun while leveling it!
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2013-04-03 13:19:10
Link | Quote | Reply

no idea how it quoted you bad xiah bad
By kenshynofshiva 2013-04-03 13:25:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Based on the feedback we have been seeing on the forums, for our next step we will be making adjustments to the static enmity generated from some job abilities and spells around the end of this month. (This is of course pending that there are no major issues along the way.)

With the adjustments we will be reducing the enmity generated by approximately half of the current value.

Additionally, we will be increasing the amount of enmity generated by the white magic spells Reprisal and Foil.

We will let you know the details on which job abilities and spells will be adjusted to have less enmity generation in the coming days, but I wanted to inform you of what we have planned ahead of time.

Good news everyone....
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-04-03 21:24:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Because it hasn't been posted on BG yet, but Gambit happens to last 60 Seconds.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-04-03 21:31:57
Link | Quote | Reply

it's in the OP already, but ty

Anyways I've gotten the idea of RUN down pretty much to a T, just have to do some endgame stuff with it and finish some testing/see if anyone else finishes it before me to see if it fits anywhere before finalizing any sort of drafts for an actual guide for the job.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-04-03 21:38:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I honestly think you should hold out on the guide until SE releases mroe stuff for it, and because the guide will be so much more of a project to do than the other melee jobs (with the possible exception of BLU) because of how much the subjob impacts RUN's performance in basic situations, and endgame.

I am hoping for an Enhance "One For All" effect that extends teh magic shield to 45 seconds.
 Phoenix.Urteil
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2013-04-03 21:40:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Gas powered stick.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-04-03 21:51:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »
I honestly think you should hold out on the guide until SE releases mroe stuff for it, and because the guide will be so much more of a project to do than the other melee jobs (with the possible exception of BLU) because of how much the subjob impacts RUN's performance in basic situations, and endgame.

I am hoping for an Enhance "One For All" effect that extends teh magic shield to 45 seconds.

After writing and maintaining the BLU guide, no other job could come close to daunting me. I need to experience what it can actually do before providing advice for it and even taking the time to bother making something for it though.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-04-03 22:08:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Prothescar, wielder of ye Mighty Gas Powered Stick... and RUN Guide-to-be.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-04-03 23:07:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Having taken a look at the Lunge Set, the Spolia/Opima gear isn't heavily crafted on Bismarck, and instead of Nimue tights, i'll most likely macro in Teal Slops, it's MAB+3 instead of +4, but it's readily available. Also, someone doubled the price of the Spolia gloves -.-
 Quetzalcoatl.Foreverzero
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Foreverzero 2013-04-03 23:44:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Couple of questions.

Which magian trial would you guys recommend is best for RUN? Ugh, I can't decide.

Also, this might be a dumb question but, think it's worth it to stack AGI for this job? Wiki says it helps evasion and parry but it has a verification needed icon next to that text.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-04-03 23:45:28
Link | Quote | Reply

STR Gsword and no
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2013-04-03 23:53:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Did glavoid thf/dnc run/dnc whm/blm, the enmity being so messed up made it hard to hold hate off the thf, we let the thf die twice so we could test foil vs, disgorge. For the record, if foil is any real help, i dont see it, thf took disgorge for 8k, i took disgorge for 2.9k with foil up, but the dmg varies based on other factors. the fight was as simple as any other trio, the whm dc so i kept alive, absorbed a nuke for full health and floated till they came back np, we didnt have trouble till i purposefully took disgorge to the face, otherwise it was smooth

Rune definately lacks for dmg, but hopefully the new 141dmg 501delay gs will have strong influence on what run can do, if updates dont fix it first. Run can do this fine, but i think next time ill be on my drk instead
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-04-04 00:05:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zeromega said: »
Did glavoid thf/dnc run/dnc whm/blm, the enmity being so messed up made it hard to hold hate off the thf, we let the thf die twice so we could test foil vs, disgorge. For the record, if foil is any real help, i dont see it, thf took disgorge for 8k, i took disgorge for 2.9k with foil up, but the dmg varies based on other factors. the fight was as simple as any other trio, the whm dc so i kept alive, absorbed a nuke for full health and floated till they came back np, we didnt have trouble till i purposefully took disgorge to the face, otherwise it was smooth

Rune definately lacks for dmg, but hopefully the new 141dmg 501delay gs will have strong influence on what run can do, if updates dont fix it first. Run can do this fine, but i think next time ill be on my drk instead

Also with the ushering in of Geo, def- stuff is getting more useful, so run's low attack may not matter so much in big group situations. Low man you're not gonna have all the def- ***as it takes quite a few folks to get it all together.
 Phoenix.Urteil
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2013-04-04 00:28:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, make the enemy accuracy down one, for solo adventures!
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-04 05:23:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright, since people don't like the enmity- on Spolia/Opima for the Lunge set and Khepri hands are unreasonable for most people there are only two possible alternatives:
Arcane cuffs
Menhit leggings (pretty awesome actually since it has magic burst bonus too, and Lunge can MB!)
 Shiva.Kuraneko
Server: Shiva
user: Kuraneko
By Shiva.Kuraneko 2013-04-04 10:55:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still leveling this so take that for what it's worth.

I'm trying to think of gearsets using gear I have or have relatively easy access to at the moment for intermediate/middle gearsets from the 'prime' ones posted in the first post of the thread. (IE: currently no legion or salvage 2 personally. I know they're things to work towards)

TP
ItemSet 294869

Kind of hypothetical set up if hybrid evasion is a thing. If not, everything to this set can match Prothescar's No Salvage TP set mostly.

Changes?
ocelomeh headpiece to nemetona cap (Meebles)
Houyi's gorget to ??? I don't do dynamis with a group so portus collar is out of reach at the moment.
Would ghillie earring +1 be a have to have for second ear? If you have an ethereal earring wouldn't that be a good choice here as well?
panthalassa sash to Twilight belt (if EVA not needed?)

WS (Resolution)
ItemSet 295206

Changes?
Thrandaut gear for hat/body is placeholder at the moment until I can actually get them.
Body until Thrandaut probably Loki's kaftan. I actually have no idea on a decent WS body w/out Toci's at the moment. (I've lost track how many Toci~less Pil's)
No hecatomb cap; figure either Thrandaut or nemetona cap? hecatomb leggings + augment: +2 STR +5 ATT Polearm skill +2; hecatomb mittens need to augment yet
(could be +1 if I reobtained abj.)

Lunge
ItemSet 295312

Changes?
General stuff like ammo once I have access from Meebles.
For this and fast cast/magic skill/ability sets is it worth it to macro in extra enmity in all the other open spots?

Fast Cast
ItemSet 295211

Kinda hypothetical. Could use a Nebula +1 body but they're sold rarely and that's a lot to drop for a fast cast body for one job :/ Figuring on Lux there for now for more enmity if that's a thing.

Midrange ideas/suggestions? Would midrange suggestions or the fast cast set be something that would be useful in the first post/guide eventually?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-04 11:01:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Run is not on witchstone. Nemetona better for Reso.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 188 189 190