Endeavoring To Awaken --A Guide To Rune Fencer

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 188 189 190
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-04-01 02:33:51
Link | Quote | Reply

IV would have made sense. :|
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-01 04:00:56
Link | Quote | Reply

A few things that have been tested from what I saw on bg:

- MDB VII at 99.
- Elemental Sforzo: 1800 CE, 7200 VE
- Gambit: 640 CE, 1280 VE
- Lunge: Normal dmg enmity
- All wards: 450 CE, 900 VE (Valiance like most AOEs is per target hit)
- Swordplay: 160 CE, 320 VE.
- Foil: 80 CE, 240 VE
- Runes: 80 CE, 320 VE
- Embolden, One for All: 160 CE, 320 VE (OfA is per target hit)

Think all was tested from Dasva.
 Fenrir.Ruebyy
Server: Fenrir
user: Ruebyy
By Fenrir.Ruebyy 2013-04-01 04:08:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone considered Sea torque for Lunge? i got a straight 15 point of damage increas (1700-1715) when i capped my GS skill in Reive going from 423 to 424 ( with 7 merits) I wasn't gear swapping. Just lunging in TP gear. sombody should test MAB neck base vs Sea torque and give a final word before i decided to go farm one up
By Alpheus 2013-04-01 04:18:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Lunge is really nice on Umbrils I did 6k to one just now after i primed it w/ Gambit lol.

I take it Umbrils are like Slimes?

In any case I like that RUN plays nice in Adoulin areas definitely enjoying the job so far.

Edit note: Edited to mention i primed the target w/ Gambit.

Edit2: Tyvm for the thread very insightful.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-01 04:21:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Stoicheion is better than gs skill before mdb traits on the enemy.
 Phoenix.Urteil
Server: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2013-04-01 04:51:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
(Tactical Parry)IV would have made sense. :|

You can add both tiers of mine to yours, do not want.
By Eijii 2013-04-01 05:29:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if anyone said anything about it but One-For-All is like Akvan's magic shield... went into worms in attowah and used the ability... and Ate 5+ nukes for 0 dmg.
 Ragnarok.Daffel
Server: Ragnarok
user: daffel
By Ragnarok.Daffel 2013-04-01 06:04:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Eijii said: »
Not sure if anyone said anything about it but One-For-All is like Akvan's magic shield... went into worms in attowah and used the ability... and Ate 5+ nukes for 0 dmg.

Would probably be more like WHM's Sacrosanctity?
By Eijii 2013-04-01 06:10:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit: Sacrosanctity reduces 75% magic damage taken.. this completely negates it for the time the shield is up which is 27-30 seconds.
[+]
 Ifrit.Tulnig
Server: Ifrit
user: Tulnig
By Ifrit.Tulnig 2013-04-01 07:03:31
Link | Quote | Reply

You can Magic Burst with Lunge
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
Server: Phoenix
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2013-04-01 08:49:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll have to test and see what Foil does, I'm assuming TP moves, but given SE's way of have good ideas and executing them badly, it may only protect against magic based TP moves.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-04-01 10:10:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Inquartata (If it hasn't already been said) grants a bonus to your parry rate, which looks like anywhere from 2.5% at initial gain, to 5% at 99. IF the maximum parry rate was 20% prior to RUN99 from COR's capped A- skill, then Inquartata and any subsequent enhancements from armor or weapons still to come, will put RUN ahead of the game.

I would also like to note, that Lunge is a great hate tool, especially when it MB's, which would be a very nice bonus of going RUN/SAM. RUN seems to have an inherent accessibility to all of the standard Gsword, Sword, Gaxe, and Axe weapon skills, which gives it some different uses. If Dual Wield is eventually granted to RUN, obviously it would make excellent use of Ruinator, however, with certain MDB and PDT/MDT mobs, Requiescat is also a viable option, depending on the higher level swords available.

I also believe there was a change to parrying - as i see my character on RUN parry an attack, but it reduces the physical damage taken, or completely negates it.

One of the things i would love to see in the RUN merit skill category would be an enhancement to Rune Enchantment Damage/Resistance, Lunge Recast/Effect/Damage, Enhanced Tenacity, Swordplay Duration/Acc + evasion enhancement
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-04-01 10:46:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I also believe there was a change to parrying - as i see my character on RUN parry an attack, but it reduces the physical damage taken, or completely negates it.

That might be Inquartata actually. The help description does NOT say that it raises parry rate, only "Grants a bonus to parry." which in SE's screwed up world may mean bonus damage reduction. Needs testing to verify though.
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2013-04-01 10:51:41
Link | Quote | Reply

There is no damage reduction on parry, it's a complete block unless they changed that with the update.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-04-01 10:55:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Well i noticed it happening with sam as well, not just on RUN, as i tend to go sam for my Salvage group. I'll take a standard say, 89 dmg a hit, i'll see my blade come up to parry, and instead i take around 28 dmg, or it'll evade completely
By Ophannus 2013-04-01 11:13:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Could perhaps turn your weapon into a shield for damage reduction. Maybe damage reduced is based on delay of the weapon or DMG of weapon?
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
user: Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2013-04-01 11:16:08
Link | Quote | Reply

ive tested run on a few nms now (run/nin) its fairly good at avoiding dmg, enough so that regen 4 does the job well, foil seems to reduce tp moves by a decent amount. i did a t2 vnm in tahrongi duo with a thf, foil up i took 200 dmg from its aoe tp spam, thf took 400-450 both nearly identical gear (4/5 thaumas), resos averaged 2200 but was using gh rr apoc (thf aswell fyi)

have a glavoid pop gonna test trio thf run whm and try eating disgorge, will also test how well the resistance does vs carabosse and its aero v

one current problem ive noticed, run eats its mp especially with foil spam
[+]
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2013-04-01 11:35:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »
Well i noticed it happening with sam as well, not just on RUN, as i tend to go sam for my Salvage group. I'll take a standard say, 89 dmg a hit, i'll see my blade come up to parry, and instead i take around 28 dmg, or it'll evade completely
Are you watching the log for it saying you are parrying the attack as well? I've never once seen a parry not block full damage is all, BG wiki says the same as well atm and not getting anything from the update notes.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-04-01 11:38:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I have that stuff filtered atm, so i'll unfilter and look for it, but it doesn't make sense since it's been happening since the March 27th update.
 Fenrir.Calamity
Server: Fenrir
user: Calamity
By Fenrir.Calamity 2013-04-01 20:42:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zeromega said: »
ive tested run on a few nms now (run/nin) its fairly good at avoiding dmg, enough so that regen 4 does the job well, foil seems to reduce tp moves by a decent amount. i did a t2 vnm in tahrongi duo with a thf, foil up i took 200 dmg from its aoe tp spam, thf took 400-450 both nearly identical gear (4/5 thaumas), resos averaged 2200 but was using gh rr apoc (thf aswell fyi)

have a glavoid pop gonna test trio thf run whm and try eating disgorge, will also test how well the resistance does vs carabosse and its aero v

one current problem ive noticed, run eats its mp especially with foil spam
I've noticed the same. I've actually started favoring Ethereal vs Ghillie +1 in TP set.
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2013-04-01 23:28:59
Link | Quote | Reply

ok so update, duo'd 2 carabosse run/nin + whm/sch, fairly easy both times

first fight:
atmas gnarled horn, apoc, future fabulous (didnt know how to gauge)

got carabosse down to 50% without the whm doing anything at all, then it 2hrd and went into all its breeze modes, got it down to about 72% and had to ask the whm to step in with a cure here or there... summer mode wipes all buffs which killed mp, then winter mode wipes 1 buff (kept being shell v gdi) making tornado/tornado2/aero v do 1k~ dmg instead of the 80ish dmg it did with full buffs (the stun when it wipes your shell puts you in a shitty spot too) that all asside, eva did just fine especially with shadows, enough so that regen 4 was plenty, refresh spell was good too until it kept kicking into summer breeze

second fight:
atmas gnarled horn, apoc, minikin monstrosity

whm helped from the start, mainly in dark arts to dispel. self managed pretty well, whm just had to step in during winter breeze since carabosse always took the last buff i cast which was shell V, whm had no mp problems, and i stayed pretty much capped mp the whole time

also note, foil only seems to reduce special attack dmg by some %, doesnt ever "evade" or do 0 dmg. turmoil did 300ish dmg each time.

conclusion, carabosse is not the best testing mob for run lol, but probably the most solid job of any ive seen (couldnt 1 shot me even with majority of mdb buffs off)

next mob to try = orthrus or glavoid (for foil)
[+]
 Ragnarok.Daffel
By Ragnarok.Daffel 2013-04-02 05:42:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Eijii said: »
Edit: Sacrosanctity reduces 75% magic damage taken.. this completely negates it for the time the shield is up which is 27-30 seconds.

Was not sure of the potency as I have not unlocked RUN yet and not much info on bg wiki. (Sancto is -75% after all other MDT, shell, mdb etc sorry for being pedantic)

Assumed it was not full immunity as RUN's 1hr is essentially the same thing on a 1hr timer and just themselves.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-02 05:56:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it's x amount of damage, like a magic stoneskin(not sure though).
 Ragnarok.Daffel
By Ragnarok.Daffel 2013-04-02 05:59:48
Link | Quote | Reply

That would make more sense =) It's only been like a week yet anyway, sure we will find more info on it before long.
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2013-04-02 09:26:55
Link | Quote | Reply

i forgot to add, in the carabosse fights i held hate the entire time, no matter what the whm did (alot of debuffs the 2nd fight and only cure 5-6 after big nukes as needed)
 Sylph.Wardeniii
Server: Sylph
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniii 2013-04-02 10:08:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, MDB VII.

Looks like we've found our new Jailer of Love tank.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-02 10:08:51
Link | Quote | Reply

We only need a time machine to be relevant in the past!
[+]
By kenshynofshiva 2013-04-02 11:08:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zeromega said: »
ok so update, duo'd 2 carabosse run/nin + whm/sch, fairly easy both times

first fight:
atmas gnarled horn, apoc, future fabulous (didnt know how to gauge)

got carabosse down to 50% without the whm doing anything at all, then it 2hrd and went into all its breeze modes, got it down to about 72% and had to ask the whm to step in with a cure here or there... summer mode wipes all buffs which killed mp, then winter mode wipes 1 buff (kept being shell v gdi) making tornado/tornado2/aero v do 1k~ dmg instead of the 80ish dmg it did with full buffs (the stun when it wipes your shell puts you in a shitty spot too) that all asside, eva did just fine especially with shadows, enough so that regen 4 was plenty, refresh spell was good too until it kept kicking into summer breeze

second fight:
atmas gnarled horn, apoc, minikin monstrosity

whm helped from the start, mainly in dark arts to dispel. self managed pretty well, whm just had to step in during winter breeze since carabosse always took the last buff i cast which was shell V, whm had no mp problems, and i stayed pretty much capped mp the whole time

also note, foil only seems to reduce special attack dmg by some %, doesnt ever "evade" or do 0 dmg. turmoil did 300ish dmg each time.

conclusion, carabosse is not the best testing mob for run lol, but probably the most solid job of any ive seen (couldnt 1 shot me even with majority of mdb buffs off)

next mob to try = orthrus or glavoid (for foil)

Awesome man thanks for info can't wait for the others!!!! Dang I really need to get FF ><;; looking to try this /blu myself want to see if can decently blood tank it with cocoon up fulltime...
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2013-04-02 15:46:18
Link | Quote | Reply

just know during autumn breeze carabosse absorbs the dmg from your runes, tested lunge too same deal, besides gambit theres no practical way to ditch your runes so just roll with it, i used gs so total dmg still was more than the absorbs, couldnt speak for axes or swords, didnt really use any eva gear except vs summer breeze, sometimes turmoil missed

ff didnt make a big difference tbh, i got more benefit from the refresh atma
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-04-02 19:17:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, so i'm derping around on BLU/RUN for the hell of it, and to test out how viable a 2 Rune Lunge would be off of a Darkness MB (Requiescat > Quad. Continuum > Lunge), with the current MAB i have right now, i can hit 718 or so, give or take, before the Magic Burst.

No Gambit with a /RUN sub, so i may need to do a MBD Down magic effect first to really see results. I'm also wondering if Fortitude Torque would beat the Stoicheian Medal (sp), since it's primary is based off of the skill level of your equipped weapon, before the number of runes, before thee MAB multipliers. Will edit this later once i get a chance to MB it
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 188 189 190