Any Chocobo Diggers?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Any Chocobo Diggers?
Any Chocobo Diggers?
 Lakshmi.Bshizzle
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Brucio
By Lakshmi.Bshizzle 2009-06-23 17:39:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I just started chocobo digging last night and it seems I have a LONG way to go before anything really comes of it.

Anyone else dig? care to discuss
 Asura.Sidi
Server: Asura
user: Sidi
By Asura.Sidi 2009-06-23 17:46:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I dig ^^

Started about a year ago... if you put in the daily time, its well worth it... have to check on your own server, but needa find a zone where ppl rarely go (anymore)-- first few months I did treks from like sandy to bastok, digging all through there to skill up, once I reached a certain point (cant remember atm) tried other places, like yuhtunga, altepa, meriphad, and stuff... altepa is overcamped on my server, but if you get it free, you can make some decent gil ^^

I personally would work on making a digging chocobo, and do the hot and cold game (takes a few attempts to get hang of it) as often as possible-- since you can get skillups in that game as well as free gil (no need to buy greens, etc). And I swear my digging bird has WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY higher success rate (at good stuff) than the rentals, but until its raised, rentals work fine
[+]
 Asura.Sidi
Server: Asura
user: Sidi
By Asura.Sidi 2009-06-27 17:39:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I started about a year ago, and did it every day until about december, then that cut down to about 1x a week (if you averaged it out XD)

I'm at A35 atm I think, which is Journeyman status, pretty sure I'm close to A30, which'll let me chance digging up elemental ores (chance.. XD)

I've been making decent enough profit on it for a while, it just takes time moving around space and going for it, often forget, but if you do it everyday, even if you only make 20k, that helps pay for food, and your still skilling up, it adds together (I almost always break even, which is enough for me, but seem to average on ~30k profit a day, I've only lost gil like maybe half a dozen times since starting, so craftwise, while its lacking in skillups comparable to others, the input loss isn't really there... in begining you may loose out on gil, but you may not... try doing hot and cold as well, its free and in good skillup areas for starting diggers)
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tallulah
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2009-06-27 18:04:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I used to do it when I tried to grow food for my chocobo and would get lots of greens. I have no clue what level I am but I am sure it's pretty low. I also used to dig when seeking in places like Kazham.
If you are serious about it would raise your own chocobo with Bore and/or Burrow which let you get some different items.
Like Sidi I usually do not make very much, but sometimes you can get lucky at low levels and get things that will sell for 5-10k.
 Lakshmi.Bshizzle
Server: Lakshmi
user: Brucio
By Lakshmi.Bshizzle 2009-06-28 03:43:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya it would be cool to be able to get elemental ores. I saw a blog of someone who got ores all the time. There was a post of her getting 5 in one session. Just sick
 Sylph.Jax
Server: Sylph
user: MissJax
By Sylph.Jax 2009-06-28 04:16:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I do the hot and cold game everyday. Havent got anything worth gil though but I do it just to kill time and if I happen to it would be free gil.
& I'm currently raising a chocobo personally for chocobo digging so you should do that. =)
 Hades.Vode
Server: Hades
user: Vode
By Hades.Vode 2009-06-29 23:52:28
Link | Quote | Reply

With the choco digging fatigue starting from scratch is pretty much impossible. 100 successful digs a day will take you years to get to a elemental ore status of a15. Couple that with the constant bot slow dig of any zone that turns a profit and I couldn’t think of one good reason why I would recommend it over of lets say fishing. Until SE deals with the constant bot problems that plague this dark craft it is utterly hopeless as a real gil maker unless you plan on playing this game till 2013. Because if you start digging tomorrow it will take you about that long of digging everyday to catch pro diggers. 100x42monthsx30days=129,000 greens * 61 = 7.786mil and the rough estimate is 7.5million gil worth of greens to cap out you can see how this might be a lost cause.

Arn't I just full of good news :P