First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 201 202 203
 Asura.Bluespoons
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Bluespoons 2013-03-19 18:59:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
Asura.Bluespoons said: »
Screw this event. I can't get a card from a box to save my friggin life, it's all the dumbass soul stones I can't even use. Almost 200ish of them ffs ><

I wouldn't mind 200. I have a mermaid I want to try to upgrade lol

Ovr stole my phone so I can't check... can I give you any of them?
 Carbuncle.Sterling
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2013-03-19 19:39:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I've done Helmut's 'easy' mission at least 20 times now with every combination imaginable. There is always one gd cat that gets through.
 Asura.Bluespoons
By Asura.Bluespoons 2013-03-19 19:43:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sterling said: »
I think I've done Helmut's 'easy' mission at least 20 times now with every combination imaginable. There is always one gd cat that gets through.

Do you read what he says at the end of the fights? If you fail them, he tells you what you should do. The 3 missions he gives you like it are REALLY helpful tips on how to set up, imo. Definitely worth it to keep trying.
 Carbuncle.Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2013-03-19 19:51:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, he repeatedly just says to put Nina in the middle and everyone else in the first two rows. I have adjusted them all several times in those rows and a cat always gets through. I tried throwing someone behind Nina too so that once the cat gets past her there might be some damage there to catch it, but then the damage up front suffers and too much gets through. Another forum said they put their knock back people towards the mid-back and were able to win but I've tried a couple variations of that and no success. I'm thinking I might just have to do Helmut's setup and just spam it until I get lucky... It has been close every time but no win.
 Asura.Bluespoons
By Asura.Bluespoons 2013-03-19 20:00:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Well gl on it. I've done stuff over and over with the same setup just because it was way too close to adjust anything. Just seems to take a bit of luck sometimes on what they kill and how fast.
 Carbuncle.Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2013-03-20 10:07:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok this easy quest can diaf. I've even followed a guide and 2 hours later I still don't have a win for this thing.
 Quetzalcoatl.Bloodpool
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Bloodpool
By Quetzalcoatl.Bloodpool 2013-03-20 12:24:18
Link | Quote | Reply

The leveling grind is the worst. Any level 4+ still available to trade for nuthin guys, my team needs help lol
 Ragnarok.Ravant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-03-20 14:11:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Woooo Mermaid Recruited! Only(lol) took 101 small stones!
 Hades.Fathe
Server: Hades
user: Fathe
By Hades.Fathe 2013-03-20 15:55:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Screw this event. I can't get a card from a box to save my friggin life, it's all the dumbass soul stones I can't even use. Almost 200ish of them ffs ><

Can sell the SS(s) for like 30k luna each or do like 20 for 1 te or something like that. Trade em for 4* units.

Ragnarok.Ravant said: »
Vagangun said: »
you may be able to buy monster cards from people who have them stored. but may cost a good set on TE

Which brings up another question. How do you find out cards people have/want to sell?

Trading center: People's list of card/items for sell/trade.

I keep posting this site because it is really useful in finding everything you need to know, trading list, info on enhancing, even a subforum dedicated to the current events. It really really is a good idea to register and check it out.
 Carbuncle.Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2013-03-20 19:52:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a bunch of TEs I can trade for decent cards if anyone wants to give it a go.. I really would just like to do a trade with someone here so I can see how it works. Trying out a trade on a random stranger might get awkward.
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-20 19:57:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I got my mermaid recruited to a usable unit after I used all the stones Spoons gave me + the ones I had! :D <3 Spoons! Thanks so much. Big dmg, magic based and can slow. Good stuff :D
 Asura.Bluespoons
By Asura.Bluespoons 2013-03-20 20:05:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I got my mermaid recruited to a usable unit after I used all the stones Spoons gave me + the ones I had! :D <3 Spoons! Thanks so much. Big dmg, magic based and can slow. Good stuff :D

<3

Carbuncle.Sterling said: »
I have a bunch of TEs I can trade for decent cards if anyone wants to give it a go.. I really would just like to do a trade with someone here so I can see how it works. Trying out a trade on a random stranger might get awkward.

It's very simple once you look at it. Say I'm selling you a card. I offer you the card in a trade. You look at the trade, determine that I'm not trying to shaft you with a different card, and put in the payment we agreed on and confirm. I see that you put in the proper payment and accept the trade, collecting payment and you get to collect your card as well.

If you want to, can try it out with me with just some bogus card. I don't really have anything to sell :\ And if you do decide to go after a particular card a stranger has, check the site listed just above. They have a decent section on prices and if you don't see the card you're interested in, you can always ask in the thread what the card is worth, so you know you aren't getting screwed by someone asking 5 TE for a 2 TE card. (and don't forget that only the gray TE are trade-able. The blue ones are personal onry)
 Cerberus.Diabolique
Server: Cerberus
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-03-20 20:12:14
Link | Quote | Reply

How many stones did it take to successfully recruit? I got a different message from Mina at 20 stones, but didn't try since it was definitely going to fail no matter what.

Have wanted mermaid as a unit from the moment I got it, but not sure if it's worth bothering with now that I see it's no stronger than Mel or Parnetope in any area but sea attack.

Really wish some of the other monsters we could recruit were more common. So many were from events 6 months ago or more. Rank 15,662 in last event so nowhere near getting margot from that even.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-20 20:19:21
Link | Quote | Reply

it also has slow. do Mel or Parnetope have slow? Mermaid has it. Anyways I literally just dumped every stone I had 102 s, and got "extremely high success rate". I just dumped all I had. Since Spoons hooked me up with a bunch I figured all I had was enough to recruit the only recruitable monster I had lol.
 Asura.Bluespoons
By Asura.Bluespoons 2013-03-20 20:20:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone earlier said they got the mermaid for 101 stones. I gave Eike 61 stones and he used some of his own, too.

(btw what's your code so I can add it to the list!)
 Asura.Bluespoons
By Asura.Bluespoons 2013-03-20 20:22:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Still think you should take that Luna back! Wasn't trying to make you pay :\
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-20 20:23:45
Link | Quote | Reply

It's ok. You were hookin me up. I used 102 total stones and it worked like a charm. I'm guessing every 10-20 is a new "tier" of success, but wtf do I know. It's just a simple guess lol.

My #? You're on my ally list.
 Asura.Bluespoons
By Asura.Bluespoons 2013-03-20 20:26:37
Link | Quote | Reply

It's ok. You were hookin me up. I used 102 total stones and it worked like a charm. I'm guessing every 10-20 is a new "tier" of success, but wtf do I know. It's just a simple guess lol.

My #? You're on my ally list.

Was meaning Dia lol

10-20 sounds like a fair guess to me. I haven't read anything about the event really after I found out it's basically useless to me besides selling SSs. Apparently ppl really will pay TE for them.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-20 20:29:08
Link | Quote | Reply

crazy. I should find people willing to pay TE for my stones then lol. I still have a few left. I seem to get them so often during training.
 Asura.Bluespoons
By Asura.Bluespoons 2013-03-20 20:31:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Even though I can sell them if I find someone, it's still annoying to me to get them. I'd be way farther on training if I didn't have an odd *** for getting every single card for each stage in a training level. Dumbass stones make it take 500x longer.
[+]
 Cerberus.Diabolique
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-03-20 20:36:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Mel and Parne are nearly identical to the mermaid, all magic + slow 4 with same speed. Just slightly different values for land/air/sea.
Mermaid does look way better than those two though, and is the oldest card I still have around.

Worth a shot I guess, nothing else to use stones on and I can't stop getting them until this event is over. Wish I had done more with the last event to get one of those cards at least. That one wasn't so great when 90% of your allies didn't bother doing it.

ID is 64999928 I think, assuming it's number at top of profile screen. Would be nice having allies that have played at some point in the last month and a half. Been relying on 3/16 current allies to get most anything done.
[+]
 Asura.Bluespoons
By Asura.Bluespoons 2013-03-20 20:43:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah that's the number! Check the first page of this thread, second post. I made a list of everyone in the thread that's posted their numbers. Think we're at 12 with you. Lots of allies for ya!
 Asura.Bluespoons
By Asura.Bluespoons 2013-03-20 20:54:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Really wish messages to people weren't so public and you could put more than 40 effing characters in it.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-20 20:55:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Really wish messages to people weren't so public and you could put more than 40 effing characters in it.

it's twitter lol
 Asura.Bluespoons
By Asura.Bluespoons 2013-03-20 20:58:33
Link | Quote | Reply

oh god lol

#***

edit- still looking for a truckload of 1-2* feeder cards if anyone has a surplus of brave and doesnt mind spamming it. I has luna!
[+]
 Cerberus.Diabolique
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-03-20 21:24:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if it's just my tablet or not, but are the numbers in the trade screen insanely tiny for anyone else? Was just hoping I was actually entering the correct thing. Sent a few ally invites already but quite a few are at ally cap already, will check back another day to see if any spots are open.

They really don't make it easy to add someone in this way, makes no sense for it to be under trade screen really.
 Asura.Bluespoons
By Asura.Bluespoons 2013-03-20 21:29:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Trade screen to add took me ages to figure out lol, had to be told wtf to do. Seems most in here are at cap but are more than happy to make room for joo. I had to use some ally points to get more room cuz I feel bad kicking anyone out lol.

I'm using an iphone 4 so the numbers are small to me but I think that's the reason
 Cerberus.Diabolique
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-03-20 21:49:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Had never actually used that messaging system on there and apparently text is just as small there, guess it was a phone game first so makes sense, just, god I can't see crap there.

Xiahou Dun totally just beat quest 19-2 for me. Poison combined with his knockback and stupid high land attack barely let any of those whatever the hell they are through.
Nice having an ally using a different sort of card for once.
 Asura.Bluespoons
By Asura.Bluespoons 2013-03-20 22:07:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I just got him today, definitely loving him. ^^
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-21 01:51:18
Link | Quote | Reply

So I just downloaded an update from the app store... now I can't play. It seems saying my data might be corrupted! :(
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 201 202 203