First Page 2 3 ... 178 179 180 ... 201 202 203
 Phoenix.Lilligant
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Lillica
By Phoenix.Lilligant 2013-08-05 18:40:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Auria said: »
oh, another thing i need a little advice on.. I've been hoarding my ambrosia for any 6*s i may come across soon (hopefully eriohnet) but there are some 5*s i maybe should limit break too.

I have a Lev & Gilberta getting close to cap, should I break these?

I would, they are great arena units.
 Sylph.Auria
Server: Sylph
user: niktok
By Sylph.Auria 2013-08-05 20:34:55
Link | Quote | Reply

macsdf1 said: »
lame got a 3 and 4* for my 2 premium tickets hehe. 300k more for 5 te at least.

Only got 5 sheets left till I hit 2900000 where I get 10 more. Otherwise need to wait for the daily logon ;;

rank 375 2.3m bt now after using 50 sheets.

see, we'd have had no chance in heck of getting rank 250 without plopping down a few hundred dollars it seems. So glad i didn't spend anything. :D

Phoenix.Lilligant said: »
oh, another thing i need a little advice on.. I've been hoarding my ambrosia for any 6*s i may come across soon (hopefully eriohnet) but there are some 5*s i maybe should limit break too.

Awesome, I'll do that then. I really really want Bajardo too...
By macsdf1 2013-08-05 21:20:58
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah I know, once i got to around 500 didn't grind so much no more. Rankings hardly moved around 500 anyways. Sitting at 375ish and not budging either now.

Hope to get erioh by sunday, maybe cna let some peeps borrow if you close to unlocking someting.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2013-08-05 23:22:15
Link | Quote | Reply

nobody has a spare 5star they wanna trade for? :< i need something else worthwile to level up :s

all i have are a fest of 4stars lol.
 Phoenix.Lilligant
Server: Phoenix
user: Lillica
By Phoenix.Lilligant 2013-08-06 02:12:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Ghaleon said: »
nobody has a spare 5star they wanna trade for? :< i need something else worthwile to level up :s

all i have are a fest of 4stars lol.
Sent you a Purifica. Just send Luna or something. She was pretty much just sitting around.
 Ragnarok.Ravant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-08-06 05:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Lilligant said: »

2nd this. My Lev is MLB and if my Gilberta was leveled she would be too. They're both good units in general.
By macsdf1 2013-08-07 07:11:37
Link | Quote | Reply

What are some good arena units to look out for?
 Sylph.Auria
By Sylph.Auria 2013-08-07 08:31:10
Link | Quote | Reply

What are some good arena units to look out for?

Some that i can think of: Gilberta, Lev, Nina, Charles, Bajardo, Aksana...

anything with a low deployment cost and a very high speed, with knockback, or slow preferably.

Also, arena only skills: Speed order, Ironwall, double/triple attack.
 Sylph.Auria
By Sylph.Auria 2013-08-07 08:35:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ugh, grind is killing me. I think i'm gonna go back on my word and drop a few bucks and finish this off.

It wouldn't be a problem if I hadn't just gotten offered a new job, and now I'm being subjected to going through the hassle of having background checks and drug tests done, and things that prevent me from logging in.

I kinda just wanna sleep at this point, but I've grinded almost 2.2 million BT without dropping a cent, and it would feel horrid to quit now when I'm going to be oh so close on Sunday night. :(

Now I just have to decide which set of packs to drop money on (if i do). Step up? The new units? The sunkissed girls? so many choices.

Probably only need to get about 20-30 scores at this point to make it less grindy. That's less than the cost of all my FFXI accounts I cancelled, so comparatively, i still wouldn't be spending too much... :D
 Carbuncle.Smint
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Smint 2013-08-07 09:37:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Now I just have to decide which set of packs to drop money on (if i do). Step up? The new units? The sunkissed girls? so many choices.

Probably only need to get about 20-30 scores at this point to make it less grindy. That's less than the cost of all my FFXI accounts I cancelled, so comparatively, i still wouldn't be spending too much... :D

Id avoid sunkissed girls, unless you really want them obvious but losing value once the events done so boo.... Mind you so it alot of the new step up units that were added... But hey you might get a 7*?

Edit. You WILL get a 7*.
I totes jinxed it. yay me.
 Sylph.Auria
By Sylph.Auria 2013-08-07 14:54:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Smint said: »

Id avoid sunkissed girls, unless you really want them obvious but losing value once the events done so boo.... Mind you so it alot of the new step up units that were added... But hey you might get a 7*?

Edit. You WILL get a 7*.
I totes jinxed it. yay me.

I honestly think that their new strat is to trap people (like me) into feeling obligated to spending cash. Make the event 2 weeks long, so that after grinding 60-70% of the points required and realizing you might not be able to hit target, you'll drop cash to ensure you do. It's a cruel tactic if you ask me... but one i seemingly fall for every time.

Thanks for adviuce, i'll cross sunkissed off. If i do go through with it, i may go step up for chance at 7 as you say. Sad thing is, one of my allies had a MLB Laeticia for a short period, and she was like 130k in all stats. The jump from 6 to 7* is not nearly as crazy as the jump from 5 to 6* was.

Most 6* cards are double the values of a 5*, but it seems going from 6 yo 7 you get maybe a 25-30% increase in numbers on the high stats.
By macsdf1 2013-08-07 18:30:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I should get her by saturday unless I sleep. Currently 3.1m bt, wtih 1 sheet left. 3 more days to do another battle, would be 80 total sheets I got over the event by sunday morning, but should get 3.8 sometime saturday, long as I get around 250k bt a day, around 17 hours a day leaving 7 for sleep hehe. Sleep less maybe get it before sat hehe.

If anything get to 2.5m so you get the 5 TE. Peeps saying erionet not that great anyways so maybe save your money for next time?

If you do decide to buy i can let you borrow mine so you get 120k per battle.

Sadly I don't got any low cost 5*. Least have alt I'll use for leader, prob fill with a 4* new unit and my tarte/tanith and whatever else fits.

Looks like new units dont do dbl dmg like last time, just adds bt bonus too.

Trying to get to chapter 38 for training but takes so damn long using so much tp lol. Can't even spend anymore ally points cause need to kill 6500 monsters during training but encounter so few with the little tp I get.
 Sylph.Auria
By Sylph.Auria 2013-08-07 21:40:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I should get her by saturday unless I sleep. Currently 3.1m bt, wtih 1 sheet left. 3 more days to do another battle, would be 80 total sheets I got over the event by sunday morning, but should get 3.8 sometime saturday, long as I get around 250k bt a day, around 17 hours a day leaving 7 for sleep hehe. Sleep less maybe get it before sat hehe.

If anything get to 2.5m so you get the 5 TE. Peeps saying erionet not that great anyways so maybe save your money for next time?

If you do decide to buy i can let you borrow mine so you get 120k per battle.

Sadly I don't got any low cost 5*. Least have alt I'll use for leader, prob fill with a 4* new unit and my tarte/tanith and whatever else fits.

Looks like new units dont do dbl dmg like last time, just adds bt bonus too.

Trying to get to chapter 38 for training but takes so damn long using so much tp lol. Can't even spend anymore ally points cause need to kill 6500 monsters during training but encounter so few with the little tp I get.

well...

i went overboard.

I've also permanently removed my credit card info from iTunes. :P

I am actually embarrassed at the amount i spent, but I went step up packs all the way to the final step and didn't even get a single 5*.

That put me at enough scores to only need 300k more points...

THEN... an ally went and got milagros on a freaking 300 coin pack. I had 200 coins left, so i bought another 100, and got Django.

Figuring that my luck couldn't get any worse, I bought one more step 7, and it finally paid off. I got my THIRD gilberta (already had 2) and i got Eurydike!

and i know I've said it before, but i'm not spending another penny on this game. I think it will be easier since I won't be able to play from work anymore when I get my new job, I'll not be able to really compete for top rewards. I'll just go for the lower rank stuff 4*s and 5*s and sell/trade my way up to the 6/7s i want. At least it gives me a loooooong term goal. :P

I'll just consider this as a congratulations to myself for getting a better job. Now I can at least get some sleep.
 Sylph.Auria
By Sylph.Auria 2013-08-07 21:55:59
Link | Quote | Reply

credit card company called with early fraud detection warning.

lmao
By macsdf1 2013-08-07 22:07:58
Link | Quote | Reply

lol you are crazy, afraid to even ask how much you spent lol.

Well you can always let me borrow your erioh instead now lol.

But prob wont matter would only save me a few hours likely.

But,, since you only 300k away, you might rank and get trummel too?

I'm under 350 and I"m sitting around 3.2m bt.
 Sylph.Auria
By Sylph.Auria 2013-08-07 22:17:10
Link | Quote | Reply

lol you are crazy, afraid to even ask how much you spent lol.

Well you can always let me borrow your erioh instead now lol.

But prob wont matter would only save me a few hours likely.

But,, since you only 300k away, you might rank and get trummel too?

I'm under 350 and I"m sitting around 3.2m bt.

That's an option i suppose, but it would call for more grinding, but I should also gain enough scores for 2 more attempts at ghost drum by sunday. I guess it all depends on how much I'm at after I use all these scores, because last minute push will definitely drop me 100+ spots.

Well, I *am* genuinely embarrased as it's the most i've ever spent on a video game, and i suppose considering i used to buy new PS3 games at 60 bucks a pop 2-3 times a month, it's really not THAT horrible (just justifying it to myself now)...

Total was 141.85 (didn't realize that the freaking itunes store taxed purchases... lol)

So, considering that Eury is 150 TE, and Gilberta is around 15-30, and I'll get Eriohnet now without having a heart attack from lack of sleep, I think I still came out ahead.

besides, i got a new job paying a lot more, i should treat myself to something nice... right? RIGHT?!!? /cry
By macsdf1 2013-08-07 22:25:40
Link | Quote | Reply

lol I still wouldn't pay that much;;
most I spend is 1 dollar every event for the intro pack hehe.

What rank are you @ now and how much bt

im 344 with 3,153,045

will only have one drum battle sunday morning when i get the last 3 sheets.

But yeah if you got a new job and you really enjoy this and don't play anything else why not hehe.

I still pay like 45 bucks a month for ffxi.
 Sylph.Auria
By Sylph.Auria 2013-08-07 22:34:58
Link | Quote | Reply

lol I still wouldn't pay that much;;
most I spend is 1 dollar every event for the intro pack hehe.

What rank are you @ now and how much bt

im 344 with 3,153,045

will only have one drum battle sunday morning when i get the last 3 sheets.

I can tell you what, i don't mind dropping a few bucks here and there, but I won't ever be doing step ups again. This is my 2nd experience with step ups and neither were too great. Eury redeemed it a little, but she's been dropping in price so much recently. :(

I know it's gambling though, so meh... whatever. :D Some people get 3 6*s and a 7* in one step up run.. lucky ***.

As far as rank goes, I'm still burning through these scores, most of my allies have logged out for some reason, so it's slow killing.

I'm at rank 331, with 3279096 points and 38 scores left.

so I could just get 20k points now and sleep through sunday with 12 scores coming to me from daily log in, i'd be at 3.8m for eriohnet.
By macsdf1 2013-08-07 22:40:31
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah no way for me to get 300 rank, will prob stop after I get erioh saturday, though need to stay 500 i guess.

mail her to alt accts and use up their sheets lol
 Sylph.Auria
By Sylph.Auria 2013-08-07 22:49:15
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah no way for me to get 300 rank, will prob stop after I get erioh saturday, though need to stay 500 i guess.

mail her to alt accts and use up their sheets lol

Ugh.. been so busy grinding on main account, i didn't even think to get the log in bonus on my alt every day. That 100k a boss would've gotten me quite a few more goddess and a couple ambrosia to boot. ; ;
By macsdf1 2013-08-07 22:51:42
Link | Quote | Reply

guess erioh only 20 cost, but d speed, still better than my other cards hehe.

4 drums with alt acct gets you 36k xp a shot too, easy leveling! or is it even more xp with a 6*

did you get any new units for next event in all your packs or are they not in yet
 Sylph.Auria
By Sylph.Auria 2013-08-07 22:54:09
Link | Quote | Reply

guess erioh only 20 cost, but d speed, still better than my other cards hehe.

4 drums with alt acct gets you 36k xp a shot too, easy leveling! or is it even more xp with a 6*

I though the xp amount was static, just the BT fluctuated. and there we go, yet another thing i didn't think about.. extra xp. lol

noooooo....! Well, at least all these scores have maxed out a few cards on my main. :D
 Sylph.Auria
By Sylph.Auria 2013-08-07 22:55:43
Link | Quote | Reply

hmm... somehow i still have 20 scores on my alt. yay!
By macsdf1 2013-08-07 23:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

and you'll get more as you get more bt lol
 Sylph.Auria
By Sylph.Auria 2013-08-07 23:59:29
Link | Quote | Reply

and you'll get more as you get more bt lol

wait... did i hear you right? The original quest that cost 4 score ALSO gives 36k xp?

the 2 score original one gave like 2500 xp. haha.

Is that true?!

Also, used all my scores, have 8 left.

Rank 285 with 3592296 BT
By macsdf1 2013-08-08 00:06:29
Link | Quote | Reply

no i mean as your alt gets more bt, they unlock more sheets
think 35k you get 3 sheets, then anotehr 5 sheets at some point.

Should be around 40 sheets total by event end.

didnt really bother using my alt since usualy use them to grind 2-7 so they dont get alot of bt since havent unlocked a high lvl stage. Will use their 40 sheets up to get free xp for my new eriho when i get her.
 Sylph.Auria
By Sylph.Auria 2013-08-08 00:09:44
Link | Quote | Reply

no i mean as your alt gets more bt, they unlock more sheets
think 35k you get 3 sheets, then anotehr 5 sheets at some point.

Should be around 40 sheets total by event end.

ah, gotcha. I was actually referring to an earlier post you made, but i completely misread it. You said "4 drums gives 36k xp each" i read drums as scores for some reason.

Time for sleep. hah
By macsdf1 2013-08-08 00:10:22
Link | Quote | Reply

sleep so soon lol, i'll prob play aother 8 hours.
 Sylph.Auria
By Sylph.Auria 2013-08-08 07:22:14
Link | Quote | Reply

sleep so soon lol, i'll prob play aother 8 hours.

ugh... i'm above people who have Cardina, if i had done this last Sun. i'd have her too. oh well.
By macsdf1 2013-08-08 08:25:35
Link | Quote | Reply

lol yeah that would have been more worth it.
First Page 2 3 ... 178 179 180 ... 201 202 203