[Archive] Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » [Archive] Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide)
[Archive] Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide)
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 35 36 37
 Asura.Ccl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2013-03-14 18:05:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I do calculate with 4song brd/chaos/fighter roll.

Am I missing something your the TP set 1 you posted +the fudo set you posted(with rose insteadof duplus) isn't a 5hit.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-03-14 18:08:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ccl said: »
Wich switch are you making on your ws set to keep it 5hit ? Can you post your hitround/ws for both ?

I think he's calculating with Amano Aftermath unless I'm missing something, you can't get away with 2 pyrosouls with that set
[+]
 Odin.Zelphes
user: Zelphes
By Odin.Zelphes 2013-03-14 18:17:26
Link | Quote | Reply

You did calculations with pizza+1? I am doing with RCB as stated. That may answer your question to the extra STR.

Odin.Jassik said: »
I think he's calculating with Amano Aftermath unless I'm missing something, you can't get away with 2 pyrosouls with that set
No, that's not it.
There is no Kaiten aftermath included.

Set 1:
Masamune (99)
Rose Strap
Hagneia Stone
Usukane +1
Ganesha
Brutal
Unkai
Unkai +2
Tenryu +1 Aug
Rajas
Tyrant
Misuuchi
Phos +1
Unkai +2
Usukane +1

WS:
Masamune (99)
Rose Strap
Cheruski
Mekira-oto +1
Gorget
Brutal
Moonshade AttTP
Phorcys
Phorcys
Rajas
Pyrosoul
Unkai
Ele.Belt
Tenryu +1 Aug
Omodaka

That's a perfect 5-hit btw.
 Odin.Zelphes
By Odin.Zelphes 2013-03-14 18:21:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I do calculate with 4song brd/chaos/fighter roll.

That explains the higher dps numbers.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2013-03-14 18:22:53
Link | Quote | Reply

My question was just about the stp, since my set used 2 pyrosoul and the one you posted included 2 too I was wondering how you were getting 5 hit with that.

My chaos roll is 35% and fighter's is 15%, I have meditate 3 and overwhelm on.
 Odin.Zelphes
By Odin.Zelphes 2013-03-14 18:29:06
Link | Quote | Reply

My question was just about the stp, since my set used 2 pyrosoul and the one you posted included 2 too I was wondering how you were getting 5 hit with that.

My chaos roll is 35% and fighter's is 15%, I have meditate 3 and overwhelm on.

Yeah, should have mentioned that, but to save time I used the set you posted as a reference.

So you had embrava turned on then? since you used 2x pyrosouls for ws calculations. You didn't mention about using Embrava at all for your calculations.

I had 16% fighters, adjusted it to 15%, but it does not affect the difference in dps numbers still. Mediate 3 and Overwhelm are accounted for.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2013-03-14 18:33:55
Link | Quote | Reply

No I don't have embrava and my set don't need Rajas on ws to hold a 5hit. Anyway I can't find why we don't get the same number, we'll prolly figure it out in a couple days lol.
 Odin.Zelphes
By Odin.Zelphes 2013-03-14 18:37:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, doing all these spreadsheet calculations with tons of buffs doesn't reflect well on what's practical to use regarding these sets in question.

Might be just Odin server, but can't recall last time I had 4x songs+COR rolls for any Qilin/Pil or Ig-alima I have done the last 8 months.
[+]
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2013-03-14 18:45:39
Link | Quote | Reply

2 song brd make no diffrence on wich set is winning, Pizza+1/stalwart make my set win on IG even with just march,but you'd use a slighty different set for vw anyway.

I mostly make the ig comparaison with no stalwart for wave 3 legion stat.

With ton of buff you should use bow anyway :p
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-03-14 19:04:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zelphes said: »
You did calculations with pizza+1? I am doing with RCB as stated. That may answer your question to the extra STR.
No, that's not it. There is no Kaiten aftermath included. Set 1: Masamune (99) Rose Strap Hagneia Stone Usukane +1 Ganesha Brutal Unkai Unkai +2 Tenryu +1 Aug Rajas Tyrant Misuuchi Phos +1 Unkai +2 Usukane +1 WS: Masamune (99) Rose Strap Cheruski Mekira-oto +1 Gorget Brutal Moonshade AttTP Phorcys Phorcys Rajas Pyrosoul Unkai Ele.Belt Tenryu +1 Aug Omodaka That's a perfect 5-hit btw.

Your set has 2 pyrosouls, no rajas.
 Odin.Zelphes
By Odin.Zelphes 2013-03-14 19:09:16
Link | Quote | Reply

2 song brd make no diffrence on wich set is winning, Pizza+1/stalwart make my set win on IG even with just march,but you'd use a slighty different set for vw anyway.

I mostly make the ig comparaison with no stalwart for wave 3 legion stat.
With ton of buff you should use bow anyway :p

Just to be clear, I do think usu body+1 is def worth getting. Personally I love make different sets for different events/buffs.

As said before, our Masa numbers are identical aside from fodder/dyna mobs which frankely, I could care less of (you do have a 4th song, that would probably shift my numbers in favour of usu+1).

But using tons of buffs to promote a set as "best" (Masa) which relies on buffs to do so is situational.

This is why I would rather crunch numbers using buffs that are more realistic to be given for these targets.

Usu body+1 was a clear-cut winner for Amano-users though.
 Odin.Zelphes
By Odin.Zelphes 2013-03-14 19:10:34
Link | Quote | Reply

No, that's not it. There is no Kaiten aftermath included. Set 1: Masamune (99) Rose Strap Hagneia Stone Usukane +1 Ganesha Brutal Unkai Unkai +2 Tenryu +1 Aug Rajas Tyrant Misuuchi Phos +1 Unkai +2 Usukane +1 WS: Masamune (99) Rose Strap Cheruski Mekira-oto +1 Gorget Brutal Moonshade AttTP Phorcys Phorcys Rajas Pyrosoul Unkai Ele.Belt Tenryu +1 Aug Omodaka That's a perfect 5-hit btw.

Your set has 2 pyrosouls, no rajas.

eh, no. check your quote
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2013-03-14 19:23:02
Link | Quote | Reply

But using tons of buffs to promote a set as "best" (Masa) which relies on buffs to do so is situational.

I agree on that; I still think it's important to know wich set is the best when you have max possible buff.

I do think that if you're able to gather phos+1/duplus/tenryu +1 you're able to bring 99harp/horn brd.

Getting late here gonna zzzz!
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-03-14 19:42:55
Link | Quote | Reply

This is the set that me and Ccl were asking about
 Odin.Zelphes
By Odin.Zelphes 2013-03-14 19:51:04
Link | Quote | Reply

With that WS set, you can TP in this.
TP Set 2
ItemSet 292478

To maintain 5-hit w/o regain with this set
TP Set 1
ItemSet 291035

You have to WS in Rose/Rajas (the STP from Rajas was what Ccl asked about)
WS 1
ItemSet 206297

These 4 sets is what I've been crunching through spreadsheet versus several targets.
 Sylph.Kobe
Server: Sylph
user: Kobe
By Sylph.Kobe 2013-03-14 19:52:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Polearm/Stardiver?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-03-14 20:15:35
Link | Quote | Reply

With that WS set, you can TP in this. TP Set 2 ItemSet 292478 To maintain 5-hit w/o regain with this set TP Set 1 ItemSet 291035 You have to WS in Rose/Rajas (the STP from Rajas was what Ccl asked about) WS 1 ItemSet 206297 These 4 sets is what I've been crunching through spreadsheet versus several targets.

Ya I was asking the same thing
 Odin.Zelphes
By Odin.Zelphes 2013-03-14 20:32:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I answered that at top of this page. Obviously, the WS set for TP set 1 had to be adjusted, and they were both taken from the guide.
 Odin.Zelphes
By Odin.Zelphes 2013-03-14 21:18:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I still think it's important to know wich set is the best when you have max possible buff.

I agree on that part.
If given info when this set is best, it should be included in this guide IMO.
[+]
 Fenrir.Drexler
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Drexler 2013-03-14 23:01:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Soboro should be on the weapons list. Skill ups, dyna procs its still a pretty relevant GK. Considering alot of people burn jobs up nowadays, it is still a good one to have.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-03-14 23:08:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Drexler said: »
Soboro should be on the weapons list. Skill ups, dyna procs its still a pretty relevant GK. Considering alot of people burn jobs up nowadays, it is still a good one to have.

For the brief level range that its relevant, its great, but 20 levels worth of relevance is hardly worth a mention.
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
Server: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2013-03-14 23:58:55
Link | Quote | Reply

dyna procs

no
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-03-15 00:01:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Xenhas said: »
dyna procs
no

I've actually had decent luck hobaku spamming for procs on the occasional link.
 Fenrir.Drexler
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Drexler 2013-03-15 01:23:46
Link | Quote | Reply

When you're in northlands dyna farming pops for adl or just farming some gear, it's a good wpn to have for sam for ws procs. Low dmg and alot of ws's is a good thing at times. Not saying it's an endgame weapon, just was thinking along the lines of if someone is thinking about raising up a sam from scratch, it's a good wpn to have at lvl. 50. Easy as piss to get, and useful on your way up. That's all I was getting at.
 Quetzalcoatl.Krylon
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: AkiKrylon
By Quetzalcoatl.Krylon 2013-03-15 08:44:52
Link | Quote | Reply

A few things updated:

• Added Soboro Sukehiro to the Weapon Section

• Added an Elemental Neck/Waist Section below the Kaiten/Fudo Section (100 TP Fudo/Kaiten and 300 TP Fudo) including a breakdown of the numbers (Thanks Zelphes!)

• Added the MAX BUFF TP set being discussed in the last few pages with a description of when it is better than the High Level TP Set originally posted

• Did some clean up on the Merits section

[+]
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2013-03-15 12:56:23
Link | Quote | Reply

If you could separate amano and masamune set that would be awesome, the "optimal" max buff masa set =/= the amano set.
 Quetzalcoatl.Krylon
By Quetzalcoatl.Krylon 2013-03-15 12:59:43
Link | Quote | Reply

The only difference should be Rose Strap vs. Pole/Duplus right (this is what I am assuming I could be dead wrong).

If so, I can just note that rather than posting the exact set other than the grip twice.
By SamuraiCloud27 2013-03-15 13:01:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello, I'm sorry I know this isn't the best place to ask but I anted to ask if you guys could take a look at my sets, I consider myself to have average knowledge of the game now, I've only been playing for a year now but I could really appreciate it if I could have some advice on what I should work on next. I'm on 90 Masamune and basically have only abyssea gear and doing mainly VW for plates atm, my TP set is not capped haste (4% missing) but is a 5-hit/4-hit after 1st WS (at least by the calc i using). Basically, is it better to miss out 4% haste and 5-hit? Also what should I work on next? Really sorry for long post.

Tp set
ItemSet 292975

Fudo
ItemSet 292978

Shoha
ItemSet 292979

Also, maybe you would like to add this for in-between Mid-high level gear, for someone who hasn't been able to participate in NNI etc.? I don't know feel free :) Sorry if this is the incorrect place and thank you.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2013-03-15 13:14:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Krylon said: »
The only difference should be Rose Strap vs. Pole/Duplus right (this is what I am assuming I could be dead wrong).

If so, I can just note that rather than posting the exact set other than the grip twice.

No, Amano Kaiten spam set is more friendly stp wise than the Masamune one.

Amano: ItemSet 284218

Masa: ItemSet 292478
 Quetzalcoatl.Krylon
By Quetzalcoatl.Krylon 2013-03-15 13:31:28
Link | Quote | Reply

SamuraiCloud27 said: »

Your TP Set has +49 STP
That is 100+89 = 189/100 = 1.89 * 11.1 = 20.9 TP/hit in TP Phase

Your Fudo Set has +13 STP
That is 100+43 = 143/100 = 1.43 * 11.1 = 15.8 TP return on Fudo (assuming no multi-hits proc)

100 - 15.8 = 84.2 which is how much you need to get in 4 hits during TP Phase.

20.9 * 4 (number of GKT hits) = 83.6 which is going to put you @ 99 so this isn't a TRUE 5hit (you are 0.6 TP short of 100).

You need Rose Strap or Misuuchi Kappa in your TP set to get the true 5 hit according to my calculations. I would suggest just buying a Misuuchi Kappa since it's really cheap and using that during TP.

Important to always account for your WS Set Store TP when determining if you have a 5 hit. Your TP gear puts you above 20/hit which is 5hit when you start @ 0 TP but mid-battle you are doing WS + 5 swings (6hit) to get to 100.

As for being below the Haste Cap, there would be a lot of changes that have to be made to maintain that 5hit/haste cap based on your sets.

I would strive for the following upgrades first:

Moonshade Earring for Shoha
Phorcys Gear (Body > Head > Hands in order of importance)
Bullwhip Belt/Zelus Tiara
Rose Strap since you are a Masamune user (will help your 5hit builds immensely...pretty much necessary unless you are using top tier gear)
Saotome Sune-ate +2 (for WS to help maintain 5 hit)

All that being said, I persoanlly think 5hit is more important than capping Haste once you are above 20-21% haste.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 35 36 37