Leveling THF, No Seals Yet. Rapparee Worth It?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Leveling THF, no seals yet. Rapparee worth it?
Leveling THF, no seals yet. Rapparee worth it?
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-02-19 13:13:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Was trying to decide if I should stop and get this item, or not. The only THF piece I own at the moment is a relic body.

For that matter, any of the lv 50 JSE from brygid worth stopping for anymore?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-02-19 13:15:15
Link | Quote | Reply

For future reference use this thread.
[+]
 Asura.Lokimaru
Server: Asura
user: Rocketpop
By Asura.Lokimaru 2013-02-19 13:22:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Rapparee is an easy body to get until you finish AF3+2 body. I didn't skip it and I only tossed it after I had better gear for both THF and DNC.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2013-02-19 13:32:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »

It's a THF related question so who cares let him ask it here.

You won't be able to reach the gear haste cap without af3+2 I think, and unless you have Thaumas well...

So to answer your question yes get it untill you get Thaumas or af3+1/2 body.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Hiku
Server: Lakshmi
user: squirrel
By Lakshmi.Hiku 2013-02-19 13:43:18
Link | Quote | Reply

While raparee was useful at 75 when haste gear was harder to get, it's so underwhelming now. by the time you've gotten the subligar and hunted down the items she requests of you, you probably could have gotten a better body, i.e. thf af3+1~2, or dnc af3+1~2. If you are basically done with the quest already and cant get raparee within a couple mins with minimal effort, it can hold you till better, but it is by no means a "oh i'll just use this and forget everything else" body.

Looking at your profile, i'm seeing a THF20 and DNC51, so if you are playing oldschool style or actively doing GoV to get exp as opposed to abyssea, it's wearable for the level, though if you're just going to jump it up in abyssea the seals themselves wont be overly difficult to obtain, and you may even get a few lucky seals doing the pages inside newer abyssea zones.

Edit: here are some other body options as well for thought, 1 on AH, and others available with a little effort:
Neo-Nyzul 100

Meebles

Meebles

Neo-Salvage, easily trio'd with 2 DD and a good SCH. body 45 drops often and the 15 plans can be obtained within 3 runs.

Legion points body, or buy from AH for roughly 1.5m ish on your server.
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-02-19 14:23:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks!

Regarding Relic Body. Does this see much use anymore even at +2? was thinking maybe a macro piece for agi/dex, or for enmity when tanking... but not finding a THF guide, I'm curious if people use this piece, or if I should keep it forever ticketed
 Lakshmi.Hiku
user: squirrel
By Lakshmi.Hiku 2013-02-19 14:31:41
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a cute body, and just eyeballing it the crit rate looks awesome.. but it's not something you'd TP in cause it has no haste and you're using the body to cap haste. As far as the DEX/AGI, there are better pieces for that on AH that aren't overly expensive, as in you could just sell the 30-50 forgotten hopes and buy the better AH body.
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-02-19 14:32:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Hiku said: »
It's a cute body, and just eyeballing it the crit rate looks awesome.. but it's not something you'd TP in cause it has no haste and you're using the body to cap haste. As far as the DEX/AGI, there are better pieces for that on AH that aren't overly expensive, as in you could just sell the 30-50 forgotten hopes and buy the better AH body.

Much Obliged ^^
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2013-02-20 01:17:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Baconwrap said: »

It's a THF related question so who cares let him ask it here.

You won't be able to reach the gear haste cap without af3+2 I think, and unless you have Thaumas well...

So to answer your question yes get it untill you get Thaumas or af3+1/2 body.

Be that as it may, the thread served more purpose on it's own. It's not like we have a thread making limit at this forum and sometimes questions like these are overlooked in that random question thread or require more thought out information; like what was given here.
[+]
 Phoenix.Morier
Server: Phoenix
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2013-02-20 01:49:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes put it there and let it get lost in the shuffle.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-02-20 02:36:44
Link | Quote | Reply

In defense of the RQT, most questions do get answered in a timely manner and few are ignored (most likely cause no one knows the answer).
[+]
By Chyula 2013-02-20 02:46:29
Link | Quote | Reply

use pink body until you get empy+1, the amount of time you spend getting that crap body you'll probably reach high enough to use the PINK sets. I'll assume you going to abys burn it to 99 and need to skill up, then *** haste and put on full acc gears trying to skill up a little before you reaching 99. Unless you already have over 200+ dagger skills then go full haste set at worm camp, at 200 you'll probably need to eat acc food and an acc atma.
 Cerberus.Mindi
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2013-02-20 09:12:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Darktrance said: »
Was trying to decide if I should stop and get this item, or not. The only THF piece I own at the moment is a relic body.

Relic body is pretty useless, you can just bring it to your porter moogle and forget about it. The JSE body is nice and can last you until you get af3+1/+2 body, or if you abyssea burn it anyways just key naked until lv 75-78 and get that ugly pink armor while leveling. If you have Homam equip(mainly hands,legs,feet) from lv 75 times its also usefull to TP.

If you can, you should try to get your dagger skill high useing your COR and unlock Evisceration. It will make leveling THF much more fun, even with weak gear. If you have like capped skill for a lv 77 THF you dont have too much problems hitting worms in La theine and doing decent dmg. (With RR atma and maybe some sushi at 1st)

For Relic equip you want to get Relic+2 feet and relic+2 hands, all the other stuff you can mostly ignore.
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-03-14 23:54:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Mindi said: »

Relic body is pretty useless, you can just bring it to your porter moogle and forget about it. The JSE body is nice and can last you until you get af3+1/+2 body, or if you abyssea burn it anyways just key naked until lv 75-78 and get that ugly pink armor while leveling. If you have Homam equip(mainly hands,legs,feet) from lv 75 times its also usefull to TP.

If you can, you should try to get your dagger skill high useing your COR and unlock Evisceration. It will make leveling THF much more fun, even with weak gear. If you have like capped skill for a lv 77 THF you dont have too much problems hitting worms in La theine and doing decent dmg. (With RR atma and maybe some sushi at 1st)

For Relic equip you want to get Relic+2 feet and relic+2 hands, all the other stuff you can mostly ignore.

Kinda late I guess... but could Relic +2 body be useful with the augment that enhances Ambush? it looks like then it grants 5% triple attack when your attacking from behind... unless maybe i'm reading something wrong
 Sylph.Decimus
Server: Sylph
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2013-03-14 23:58:27
Link | Quote | Reply

For as much as forgotten hopes cost and as useless as ambush is it's not worth getting +2 relic body.
 Cerberus.Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2013-03-15 03:09:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Kinda late I guess... but could Relic +2 body be useful with the augment that enhances Ambush? it looks like then it grants 5% triple attack when your attacking from behind... unless maybe i'm reading something wrong

yea it gives 5%TA with 5/5 Ambush merits, but this would mean wou would need to merit ambush (nonono, no um.. well maybe if.. .. no!) and even then its not a great body. If Ambush wouldnt suck so bad it might be okish but as it is: Ambush is bad.

While the Acc ambus gives is useless anyways, its also sucks because it binded to being behind the target. The events a THF does atm is either solo/duo/lowman(Abyssea,Dynamis,Salvage, stuff) and there you are never from behind/only parts of the fight behind or alliance events where the mobs spins around alot due to many DD's at hate cap(VW) or you should not melee much anyways (Legion). In abyssea you are aften the tank, in dynamis you are either solo or if you duo with another dd you are also mostly not behind or only parts of the fights (unless your dmg is so weak that you never have hate).
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2013-03-15 03:41:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish Beguiler's Jerkin was good for any of those jobs... I miss my Assault Jerkin d**nit.
 Cerberus.Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2013-03-15 03:51:46
Link | Quote | Reply

one of my mannequins still wears my assault jerkin because i just couldnt get myself to send it to mule w
[+]
 Bahamut.Itze
Server: Bahamut
user: Itze
By Bahamut.Itze 2013-03-15 04:28:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said: »
I wish Beguiler's Jerkin was good for any of those jobs... I miss my Assault Jerkin d**nit.
Kclub rangers say sup.
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-03-15 07:56:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Mindi said: »

yea it gives 5%TA with 5/5 Ambush merits, but this would mean wou would need to merit ambush (nonono, no um.. well maybe if.. .. no!) and even then its not a great body. If Ambush wouldnt suck so bad it might be okish but as it is: Ambush is bad.

While the Acc ambus gives is useless anyways, its also sucks because it binded to being behind the target. The events a THF does atm is either solo/duo/lowman(Abyssea,Dynamis,Salvage, stuff) and there you are never from behind/only parts of the fight behind or alliance events where the mobs spins around alot due to many DD's at hate cap(VW) or you should not melee much anyways (Legion). In abyssea you are aften the tank, in dynamis you are either solo or if you duo with another dd you are also mostly not behind or only parts of the fights (unless your dmg is so weak that you never have hate).

Hmm.. Guess I didn't see Ambush that way, but I follow the logic. Guess my mind is still 6 years ago with some of this stuff while coming back. Thanks