Mog-Tablet Positions (I'm Like A Blackbelt In Mog-tablet-jitsu)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Mog-Tablet Positions (I'm like a blackbelt in mog-tablet-jitsu)
Mog-Tablet Positions (I'm like a blackbelt in mog-tablet-jitsu)
 Remora.Hatcher
Server: Remora
Game: FFXI
user: hatcher
By Remora.Hatcher 2009-06-19 09:13:47
Link | Quote | Reply

As i said in my earlier post I am not beating you for sharing the information at all.

My issue is purely with those who use the third party tools having the unfair advantage to those who dont.

You have had the financial and Exp reward however many times and I presume will have many times more where as other players may never even have the oppurtunity to see it once.

As much as it may feel like I am, I am not bashing on you. Do what you will. I just hope SE find a more "fair" way of making this system work in the future.
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-06-19 09:14:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice job, Clinpachi! /clap

And Hatcher, no matter what, you'll always have people that think outside the box and find a way to get around the limitations everyone else has.
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-06-19 09:24:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Rowland said:
You could totally turn this around and be a hero on your server. Find the tablet, /shout for whoever is in the area or send a tell to the closest person. "Hey theres a Mog Tablet at <pos>, you can have it if you want."

Make new friends, make someone's day/week/month :D

It's funny you should say that, i came across another spot while the tablets were active and i already got my ring.

I sent a tell to a person i saw pass by on chocobo in ronfaure (wearing morigan's). i told them to come here a sec and check this spot lol.

Turned out to be a previous tablet spot. The temperenace tablet was already found so no moogle statue for me regardless....

whats *** up...

i just want the god damn nomad moogle statue lol.
 Ramuh.Gibgezr
Server: Ramuh
user: Gibgezr
By Ramuh.Gibgezr 2009-06-19 09:34:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I just want to point something out, a slight flaw in the logic:
"again... memory based tools cant be proven"

Incorrect. Securerom currently does this. There has been specualtion amongst certian game developers that SE are currently working on implementing this; I can't go into details on a public forum without getting my wrists slapped, but SE themselves have publicly dropped some hints. It's trivial to do this for the most blatant abusers btw: it's as simple as downloading the apps in question, studying THEIR footprint in memory just like the apps look at FFXI's footprint in memory...and writing the code to identify the running app into FFXI's client. SO...you run FFXI, it detects the "illegal" app in memory...and reports you. Trivial.

I don't think SE is going to decide to ban 20% of their playerbase...but I think people should weigh this very carefully before making the decision to use 3rd party apps instead of blithely saying "oh, they have never banned us before for this, and they can't ever tell we are doing it". If they want to, they can PROVE you are running the app....and that has been proven by many peices of security software before, like Securerom. Securerom goes even farther...it detects apps that it doesn't know about in advance...which, of course, leads to false positives. Even with THAT problem, game companies still frequently license and implement Securerom...so assuring yourself that SE won't insert detection code into FFXI seems like more wishful thinking than anything.

Food for thought.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-06-19 09:41:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Gibgezr said:

Incorrect. Securerom currently does this. There has been specualtion amongst certian game developers that SE are currently working on implementing this; I can't go into details on a public forum without getting my wrists slapped, but SE themselves have publicly dropped some hints. It's trivial to do this for the most blatant abusers btw: it's as simple as downloading the apps in question, studying THEIR footprint in memory just like the apps look at FFXI's footprint in memory...and writing the code to identify the running app into FFXI's client. SO...you run FFXI, it detects the "illegal" app in memory...and reports you. Trivial.

I don't think SE is going to decide to ban 20% of their playerbase...but I think people should weigh this very carefully before making the decision to use 3rd party apps instead of blithely saying "oh, they have never banned us before for this, and they can't ever tell we are doing it". If they want to, they can PROVE you are running the app....and that has been proven by many peices of security software before, like Securerom. Securerom goes even farther...it detects apps that it doesn't know about in advance...which, of course, leads to false positives. Even with THAT problem, game companies still frequently license and implement Securerom...so assuring yourself that SE won't insert detection code into FFXI seems like more wishful thinking than anything.

Food for thought.

I don't usually call people out on this, but if this was the case they would have banned all windower users a long time ago. AP-radar has nothing to even do with FFXI processes or .dll's zero.

Basically what your implying is that SE plans to put spyware on our computers to see what processes are running with FFXI which is ILLEGAL.

i'm sorry but this is total BS and im calling it.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-06-19 09:47:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Rowland said:
Gibgezr said:
If they want to, they can PROVE you are running the app....

They don't really need a reason to ban you. They can ban you because they're bored or something.

Usually not how a business works, and they don't want to ban a loyal customer. That's why they put at least a little research into it.

And see thats part of it as well, i call GM's fairly often, i had 49 the moogle mentioned on the stats, and each and every time i talk to a GM im very courteous and compliment the work they do. I am a very straightforward and helpful person on my server, i even help random people shouting for AF or caps out of boredom because i've been there and know how hard it can be alone or when nobody is on.

If you are a normal person who doesnt grieve other people, steal from people, hack, or cause problems, as well as be rude or shout obscenities in whitegate all day....

you really can consider yourself safe for the most part, unless you go a little too far into the dark side like mentioned above.

EDIT: the only thing that people were randomly shockingly banned for was salvage/nyzul dupes lol.
 Remora.Hatcher
Server: Remora
user: hatcher
By Remora.Hatcher 2009-06-19 10:09:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Clinpachi said:

EDIT: the only thing that people were randomly shockingly banned for was salvage/nyzul dupes lol.

Er... wasn't that for cheating the system for personal gain? lol
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2009-06-19 10:37:24
Link | Quote | Reply

This is the exact reason I have not bothered hunting for a mog tablet as yet.I don't stand a chance against the 3rd party tool users. I have better ways to spend my ingame time than by trying to compete with cheats.
 Asura.Ktjrn
Server: Asura
user:
By Asura.Ktjrn 2009-06-19 10:41:05
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

This kinda blows..

Now since 3rd party tools are in and can help track/find these tablets, seems like the same people are gonna get the kupo ring over and over.

Waste Time camping for a damn ring? {Thanks for the offer, but I'll have to pass}
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-06-19 11:26:34
Link | Quote | Reply

well just keep your eyes on the positions ive listed and will add.

Pick a zone and flee to the positions. You have an equal chance of getting a ring then. Which is my point for posting these lol.

All in all... the points will eventually be on wiki/maps as common knowledge, it's just that nobody has had the time/gull to post this first lol.

it's a big task.
 Ramuh.Thunderz
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-06-19 11:32:18
Link | Quote | Reply

lol people im pretty sure if people didn't use APradar people wouldn't bother with this event when the tablet is in 1 of those HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE areas

so its no big loss Grats
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2009-06-19 12:20:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I would definitely bother searching for the Mog Tablets if I thought I had a fair chance of finding one,no matter how out of the way they were.

Once all the points are documented they will be heavily camped so I guess i'm resigned to never getting a Kupofreid Ring.
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-06-19 12:25:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Shayala said:
I would definitely bother searching for the Mog Tablets if I thought I had a fair chance of finding one,no matter how out of the way they were.

Once all the points are documented they will be heavily camped so I guess i'm resigned to never getting a Kupofreid Ring.

Dont give up without trying! =O
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-06-19 12:57:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Shayala said:

Its impossible to cover 22 zones... it would take an entire LS to do it, and nobody in their right mind would camp the world with their LS when they have a 8-24 hours random time. Thats worse then a whole LS camping argus.

When all zones are documented... pick one and pray nobody else did and run.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-06-19 14:34:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I only threw my first one with 5/11 because after i called a GM to report the moogle acting funny and rejecting my signature... the announced emergency maintenance the next night.

The GM acted really funny and said he didnt think you could get a second ring and was surprised made me think i broke it lol.

I burned 6 charges then the servers were going down in 5 minutes... 11/11 sounded better then 5/11 so i didn't chance it.

turns out it was a waste :| oh well.

but no i wouldn't do that to people, i actually just want the facking nomad moogle statue -.-

then ill stop lol

EDIT: yeah you can't recieve the other prize unless you throw your ring. The moogle rejects you.
 Pandemonium.Nadul
Server: Pandemonium
user: Nadul
By Pandemonium.Nadul 2009-06-19 17:48:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I want the statue too...

0/1 on statue so far

But hey, good news to people playing without 3rd party tools, I found it and I don't use 'em!

Go low population server!
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-06-19 18:15:57
Link | Quote | Reply

lol yeah the statue is a *** :( 1/12 chance if you even find a tablet.

and yeah i really think people are blowing the third party tool thing out of proportion. it's not like you know what zone or where to look, you still have to zoom off like a chicken with your head cut off hoping you come across something.

that's ALOT of zones to check.
 Ramuh.Gibgezr
user: Gibgezr
By Ramuh.Gibgezr 2009-06-20 03:46:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Clinpachi said:
Gibgezr said:

Food for thought.

I don't usually call people out on this, but if this was the case they would have banned all windower users a long time ago. AP-radar has nothing to even do with FFXI processes or .dll's zero.

Basically what your implying is that SE plans to put spyware on our computers to see what processes are running with FFXI which is ILLEGAL.

i'm sorry but this is total BS and im calling it.

So...you don't understand how Securerom works I geuss, it does EXACTLY that. Yes, it is sort of "spyware", but it is NOT illegal. Why would you think it is illegal for an application to examine memory? If it was doing it to steal passwords, then there would be a legal issue...but when it is doing it to prevent cheating, it is perfectly legal. Don't believe me? Go research Securerom, a commercial anti-piracy module used by many game companies, that does *exactly* that. And, technically, any app that is reading the memory used by FFXI *does* have EVERYTHING to do with FFXI's processes...that memory belongs to the FFXI processes. Where do you think APRadar is getting the info from anyway?

So..I call you out. I work in this field, btw; started programming commercial games in the 80's, maybe before you were born.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-06-20 06:22:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't care what field you work in, forcing software to examine what running processes you have is spyware and illegal unless they try to justify it in the TOS, and even if they wanted to do that, they are about five years too late and FFXIV is coming out eventually.

What in the hell makes you think they will try this now? Please get out of my topic lol.
 Kujata.Aurica
Server: Kujata
user: Cartman
By Kujata.Aurica 2009-06-26 20:17:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't take a screenshot of it (mainly because I was too shaky and whatnot to think of doing it), but I found one about 10 minutes ago while Kujata's were out. It was in North Gustaberg at just about the F-9/G-9 border about 3/4 of the way from the 8/9 line.

User submitted image
 Asura.Sidi
user: Sidi
By Asura.Sidi 2009-06-27 02:14:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, I'm quite mixed about it.

The info is good, useful to know where they might show up, etc. But everything that goes with it not so much; it might just be simpler to remove what program you use it with, because frankly not everyone would bother trying that, or think about it, but having a 'guide' of sorts telling them to do exactly that pushes more ppl into doing just that. (Although, I'm also mixed about the info in general, like other things on wiki and stuff, it sorta removes the sense of mystery and exploration... not so much this case, because the odds are slim as it is, and apparrantly better geared for ap-users, but other cases where you needa find x-item and whatnot... knowing all the locations removes all the fun of it =/, why sometimes I miss the days before the wiki came around, and got to explore it as it was... I love the wiki, don't get me wrong, its an insane resource and amazing and use it all the time, but sometimes feel the need to try to figure out something myself (and lazyness is hard to control, lazy/time/forget/tired so just use wiki time after time, when I should just try figuring it out and following game hints and stuff... but the resource being right there is too tempting, which goes along the lines of what I said earlier... telling ppl precisely how to use that application to get this is awfully tempting for some folk, and will increase the use for those who originally wouldn't use it))

And no, its not remotely close to fair whatsoever, and I do not agree with it. I'm not bothering hunting it mainly because I'm too busy to log on to run around looking for it, even if I knew the exact times it would pop (and I haven't even a clue which day the last tablets were found *shrug* don't really care either). I just view it as a stroke of incredible luck and reward, if I'm out exping and wander into it, then o.m.g. and sweet, I'll be gleeful; but I don't feel any remote need to cheat to hunt it down *shrug* (which may be why it doesn't bother me *too* much about others doing it)

But the fact you can get multiple rings is just disgusting. Its pretty sad that cheaters get an upperhand in things like this as it is, last thing you need is repeatative ones who know just where to go, what programs to use, what times to go, and do it week after week to get a zillion rings, blocking out everyone else from a chance.

Still, I like the whole mog-tablet-concept, while its gross that ppl feel the need to cheat to get the item and stuff, for the lucky fellow how wandered into it and stuff, its awesome