Forum » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Eco Warrior Windurst
Eco Warrior Windurst
 Asura.Wales
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Wales
By Asura.Wales 2009-06-18 12:17:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello all, I am setting up an eco-warrior run this Saturday at 10pm EST in Windurst. These runs are exceedingly rare due to the shear number of people required to pull it off. However, I have noticed that since level sync has been introduced and 20+ gear can still be worn with a level 20 cap, it does not take nearly as many as it once did. I performed eco warrior sandy with 15 and a sweeper and it was easy as pie, so even if we have only 12 and a sweeper I'm confident this can be done.

So now I'm sure some of you are wondering what eco warrior even is. Each of the three kingdoms has an eco warrior quest associated with it. In each case you must activate it by talking to the npc, building up an alliance and getting a sweeper, tracking down an NM, and battling it to complete the quest. The imposition of level 20 cap and the difficulty of the nm is what necessitates the alliance. It took 15 of us several minutes to bring down the NM in Ordelle's caves for the San d'Orian eco warrior quest and it was epic as Hell! That is the kind of fun that people join this game for! Plus, these quests are amazing for fame, you could seriously gain a fame rank just for doing this quest once and its repeatable. Also, 5k and Dragon Chronicles if that matters to anyone, but I do it for the ball dropping fun of it all!

So this time we will be doing eco warrior Windurst. I have several RL friends and a linkshell already down, but there is no such thing as too many people for an event like this...the more the merrier. And since most people don't know what eco warrior is anymore (and those that do state they haven't heard it mentioned in 3 years) it seemed like a rare enough opportunity to share with the rest of you. Join us for a once in a lifetime opportunity for EPIC fun and fame. Even if you are not interested, please consider joining anyway if you have nothing better to do as I would really appreciate as big a turnout as possible.

I really hope to see you there, my character name is Wales and I will be in Windurst so please don't be a stranger!

-Wales
 Cerberus.Hikuzo
Server: Cerberus
user: Hikuzo
By Cerberus.Hikuzo 2009-06-18 23:29:33
Link | Quote | Reply

how come nobody does this ***on cerberus?!
 Asura.Deth
user: Detsurin
By Asura.Deth 2009-06-18 23:52:40
Link | Quote | Reply

lol Sure, I'm game.
 Cerberus.Blaize
Server: Cerberus
user: Blaize89
By Cerberus.Blaize 2009-06-19 00:06:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Geez... I remember when the game first came out and people were shouting for Eco Warrior runs. lol... what I remember the most about Eco Warrior quest is the fact that it's nothing but a pain in the *** gathering the ridiculous amount of people, then traveling all the way there only to run around in an area that not many have spent much time in and ended up running around like chickens with our head cut off (Im referring the the sandy version of this quest btw). Then to top it all off you have to kill a stupid monster that can only be killed by like 15 people.

And of course the best part the reward!!!

wait.... 10k... WTH was my first reaction, and thought hmm what's this dragon chronicle thing. (which only gives like 800 exp or something)

and I just thought to my self, /sigh... I'm glad that wasn't a complete waste of time.

But if there was anything good out of it, I did gain some fun memories that I still laugh at today. So i understand doing this quest just for fun.
I mean if you want quests that actually give rewards then gtfo and play some WoW.
 Gilgamesh.Tallulah
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2009-06-19 04:11:41
Link | Quote | Reply

wow eco warrior. i opened bastok's eco warrior first week i had the game around when ps2 version was released. it is still open. lol!
 Asura.Kuji
user: Kuji88
By Asura.Kuji 2009-06-19 14:33:10
Link | Quote | Reply

a little too much hype for eco war haha but ya i can see some vintage fun being had...i wont be comming lol ITS SATURDAY NIGHT
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [77 days between previous and next post]
 Remora.Fable
Server: Remora
user: Mindfux
By Remora.Fable 2009-09-04 17:06:18
Link | Quote | Reply

rofl i havent done an eco warrior since like 06'...i was just asking my LS if anybody does them anymore, but i got the "itsbeenages" response lol
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [74 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Finbar
user: Finbar
By Asura.Finbar 2009-11-17 14:06:15
Link | Quote | Reply

My first linkshell, way back in '03-'04, used to run the three various Eco Warriors with frequency. I can still remember all the shouts for runs that took place back before everyone had moved their homepoints to Jeuno. Hell, I can still remember when 5k was considered "good" gil. Ah, nostalgia...

It's funny to think how few people have actually cleared this quest in the last few years.