2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » gear upgear questions
gear upgear questions
By TinyAttorney 2013-02-08 20:53:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Preliminary info:
I've read the sticky enough to know that I don't know enough to figure this out for myself, sadly. To start off with, I have no access to Terpsichore or Salvage gear (yet). I am working on Twashtar, and will have finished a fire Thokcha in the next day or so. I use DNC to primarily solo low-level stuff and DD in end-game situations like VW and lolAby, so Closed Position merits are actually useful for me (I think).

Here is my current tp set (w/ Potestas for /SAM):

Questions:
1. I have Etoile Tights +2 augmented. Would I be better off meriting 5/5 Saber Dance and full-timing AF2+2, or stick with Thaumas Kecks?

2. Will a fire Thokcha outperform either Aluh or Oynos as a full-time weapon option?

3. At what stage will Twashtar beat Aluh as the better mainhand choice (and subsequently Thokcha replace Oynos as sub)?

Thanks in advance,
-TA
 Sylph.Mirvana
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Mirvana
By Sylph.Mirvana 2013-02-08 23:07:25
Link | Quote | Reply

https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B0A0wGYYRRdaZjdlNTdkNTEtMDMyYy00OTVmLWI4N2ItNDMwMDI1N2VkYWZk/edit

*Disclaimer* All answers based off Mithra DNC/war vs Qilin/DCNightmare (zerk down)

1. Thaumas Kecks (also Thaumas gloves > Nomkahpa)

2. Aluh Jambiya + Fire Thokcha. If you're getting haste from an outside source, just about anything will top Oynos. If you're quick after a WS/Waltz/Samba you can swap in/out Oynos for minimal TP lost when you need to reapply haste.

3. Twashtar needs to be 90+, though 90 vers is minimally higher DPS and ~100 less WS dmg (assuming exterator using my build)
By TinyAttorney 2013-02-13 15:07:46
Link | Quote | Reply

What do Thaumas Gloves have going for them that they beat Nomkahpa? Not that I don't believe you, that just really surprises me, unless I'm missing something from just eye-balling the stats.

Thanks,
-TA
 Sylph.Peldin
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Peldin 2013-02-19 10:55:55
Link | Quote | Reply

They don't beat Nomkahpa unless your accuracy is uncapped.