Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Meebles Question
Meebles Question
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2013-01-30 12:16:46
Link | Quote | Reply

1. Just looking at BGwiki and where it says the last tier of buyable items needs 'all expeditions at Goal 3 cleared', does that mean overall, or that you need to have all 1-4 expeditions with completed status to access the items (losing access after a boss because it wipes all your completed statuses)?

2. When you buy a KI to add to your maximum stock does it add that amount of sacks at the time you purchase it?

3. Status boons are only gained in 1 level increments right (no matter what level goal you complete)?
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2013-01-30 12:22:08
Link | Quote | Reply

1. It means all recorded by the Investigator to be cleared with goal 3. All tiers, 1-4 and bosses. They do not need to all be on the same grimoire.

2. Unfortunately, they are not retroactive.

3. Boons are rewarded in tiers based on the goal you completed, iirc, goal 3 gives the highest while goal 1 gives maybe half of the max? This may be only for the new Batallia Downs series though.
By Smurfite 2013-01-30 12:23:15
Link | Quote | Reply

1: If u talk to burrow NPC's, any of them, you can check completion status, will tell you each expedition and what goal you have cleared to, for instance my Sauromugue instructor expedition 1 has only goal 2 cleared, where as the rest are goal 3 cleared.

2: Does not add to the amount of sacks when you purchase, just maximum you can hold.

3: Status boons are increased by each goal you complete, for instance, expedition 1 in Saur, goal 1 +200 hp, goal 2 600hp, goal 3 1000hp.
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-01-30 12:25:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Boon tiers increase for each time you complete a mission, not by goal.
 Ramuh.Laffter
By Ramuh.Laffter 2013-01-30 12:26:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Snap, you're right. I better break this news to my LS then...
 Bismarck.Kelhor
Administrator
Server: Bismarck
user: Rooks
By Bismarck.Kelhor 2013-01-30 12:27:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »

Which completely disincentivizes aiming for goal 3. I hate this part so much.

(Yes, you still want goal 3 at least once for completion)
By Smurfite 2013-01-30 12:29:34
Link | Quote | Reply

How can you say your boon doesnt increase by goal? If u go do Adjunct #1 in saur, goal 1 and whistle out, u get 200hp boon on next expedition. If you complete goal 3, it's 1000hp on next expedition.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-01-30 12:33:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Kelhor said: »

Which completely disincentivizes aiming for goal 3. I hate this part so much.

(Yes, you still want goal 3 at least once for completion)

Mark reward is based on goal, so if you're an Obama voter like me and want things and "stuff," you need to aim for goal 3 to be efficient.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-01-30 12:34:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Smurfite said: »

How can you say your boon doesnt increase by goal? If u go do Adjunct #1 in saur, goal 1 and whistle out, u get 200hp boon on next expedition. If you complete goal 3, it's 1000hp on next expedition.

I goal 3 every mission every time and never have more than t1 boon, stop lying.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kelhor
Administrator
Server: Bismarck
user: Rooks
By Bismarck.Kelhor 2013-01-30 12:35:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Not saying it doesn't still have rewards, and I still aim for goal 3 because I'm nitpicky, but it certainly reduces the allure.

Also, Fox News told me Obama voters wanted their research marks handed out by the Porter Moogle
 Ramuh.Laffter
By Ramuh.Laffter 2013-01-30 12:38:59
Link | Quote | Reply

The palimpsests are amazing for bosses. We did the full adjunct set last night without repeating any of them.

Adjunct is easy but still, the first set of Meebles, Goldwing was evasive as hell.
By Smurfite 2013-01-30 12:39:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I goal 3 every mission every time and never have more than t1 boon, stop lying.

So you are saying if u repeat the mission it increases the boon? You could be right now that I think about it, cause I have repeated a few cause I wasn't running with with the same group til recently. Just kept rotating people from LS who were on...
 Bahamut.Dannyl
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2013-01-30 12:41:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Obtaining Goal 3 from all Exp. is also required to obtain (purchase) those other items that don't seem to drop as well.

If you simply want to farm boons to level 3, then getting goal 1 and getting the hell out is the fastest/simplest. If you're a perfectionist and want to be the most effective Burrow Researcher, then aiming for Goal 3 is your best bet. Plus, its Researcher +Points which is okay in my book
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-01-30 12:45:58
Link | Quote | Reply

So you are saying if u repeat the mission it increases the boon? You could be right now that I think about it, cause I have repeated a few cause I wasn't running with with the same group til recently. Just kept rotating people from LS who were on...

Yes, you have to repeat a mission 3 times to max out the level of a boon. (Some can't be increased)
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2013-01-30 12:49:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Laffter said: »
1. It means all recorded by the Investigator to be cleared with goal 3. All tiers, 1-4 and bosses. They do not need to all be on the same grimoire.

1: If u talk to burrow NPC's, any of them, you can check completion status, will tell you each expedition and what goal you have cleared to, for instance my Sauromugue instructor expedition 1 has only goal 2 cleared, where as the rest are goal 3 cleared.

I'm still not really sure on the answer to this one haha. Basically, if I wanted to go get something from that tier of items right now, do I have to have all goal 3s recorded on my Grimoires at this particular moment?
 Ramuh.Laffter
By Ramuh.Laffter 2013-01-30 12:51:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bojack said: »
Ramuh.Laffter said: »

I'm still not really sure on the answer to this one haha. Basically, if I wanted to go get something from that tier of items right now, do I have to have all goal 3s recorded on my Grimoires at this particular moment?
No, the Investigator keeps track of your clears even if you clear your grimoire. You just need to have cleared them all with goal 3 to unlock the final group of items.
By Smurfite 2013-01-30 13:11:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, you have to repeat a mission 3 times to max out the level of a boon. (Some can't be increased)

I get it, so instead of SE having to gimp it later, they make it so u can just repeat the missions and gimp it yourself by getting better status boons. Gotcha!
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2013-02-12 22:55:31
Link | Quote | Reply

A couple more questions.

- Do boons from the Sauromugue set carry over to the Batallia ones?

- If I purchase a Tier 4 clear without having Tier 1-3 completed, can I choose the Tier 4 expedition to increase the Boon's level? Or do I still have to clear 1-3 first?
By Alpheus 2013-02-12 22:58:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Boons between the two zones are incompatible neither NPC on either side will accept a book that has boons from the other zone.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [44 days between previous and next post]
 Ramuh.Malithar
user: Malithar
By Ramuh.Malithar 2013-03-29 09:00:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bojack said: »
- If I purchase a Tier 4 clear without having Tier 1-3 completed, can I choose the Tier 4 expedition to increase the Boon's level? Or do I still have to clear 1-3 first?
Yep. My static does this often to quickly level certain boons (HP and Regain typically) to save us each two sacks. Buy the clear, run it 2x more for T3 boon. Well worth the 110k or so.

When buying clears, typically (I've seen it give clearance to all when buying #2 for some reason) you have access to bought #x, x+1, and all below. So buying #3 gives access to 1, 2, 3, 4, buying #2 gives 1, 2, 3, and buying #1 gives 1 and 2.