Forum » FFXI » General » tossing an item and having a GM replace
tossing an item and having a GM replace
 Valefor.Integral
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Caliber
By Valefor.Integral 2009-06-13 22:24:07
Link | Quote | Reply

does anyone know if you toss an augmented item and have a gm retrieve it will it still be augmented?

example: My sniper's ring+1 has Ice resistance+7 augmented and now I want to give it to my friend so will tossing it get it back to a normal ring?
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-06-13 22:25:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Think it will.
I've heard of people tossing kupo rings and getting it back brand new.
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2009-06-13 22:47:01
Link | Quote | Reply

As much as my delight in the misery of others makes me want to wait, I have to say you're taking your item's life into your hands. As I understand it it's a one-time deal to get items back, and up to the GM to decide if he really wants to do it.

You may want to simply live with the shame of having picked a shitty augment.
 Valefor.Integral
By Valefor.Integral 2009-06-14 01:11:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Sammitch said:
As much as my delight in the misery of others makes me want to wait, I have to say you're taking your item's life into your hands. As I understand it it's a one-time deal to get items back, and up to the GM to decide if he really wants to do it.

You may want to simply live with the shame of having picked a shitty augment.

not just a shitty augment, but I want to trade it to a friend lol
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
Server: Lakshmi
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2009-06-14 01:19:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Sniper's +1..idk. lol Well. A GM can't tell what the stats on it were. They can only tell what the item is. Because in the log. It says you toss "X" item. And any scanned info, won't show the augmented stats either. But, is it worth risking your few amount of recoverable items that a GM can restore... IDK..
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-14 01:21:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Just how many items can a GM restore?
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2009-06-14 01:22:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I think there's a set limit, between 1~3, per year. Although, it's up to the individual GM.
 Valefor.Integral
By Valefor.Integral 2009-06-14 01:34:38
Link | Quote | Reply

well I've heard you can only do 1 item restored, EVER. but I dont really have a problem tossing stuff and this'll be the first time.. so I'll go for it! but like I'll toss my empress band and my snipers+1 at the same time so it doesnt look blatant I got lolaugment and I want my sweet ring back
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-14 01:36:27
Link | Quote | Reply

So if you keep calling you can get a GM that will finally say yes eh? Mommy said no but I'll ask daddy? Hmmm not sure I'd bother with FOV since it's augments are pretty fail to begin with. Kupos ring if I ever got one might be worth it though...
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2009-06-14 01:37:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Integral said:
but like I'll toss my empress band and my snipers+1 at the same time so it doesnt look blatant I got lolaugment and I want my sweet ring back

good idea. Hopefully GM's don't read ffxiah.com :D
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-14 01:39:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Galvaya said:
Integral said:
but like I'll toss my empress band and my snipers+1 at the same time so it doesnt look blatant I got lolaugment and I want my sweet ring back

Doesn't matter this site doesn't fall under there jursidiction and they can't prove ***unless you say it in game... already been proven with all the post of peopel cheating
 Valefor.Integral
By Valefor.Integral 2009-06-14 01:44:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
So if you keep calling you can get a GM that will finally say yes eh? Mommy said no but I'll ask daddy? Hmmm not sure I'd bother with FOV since it's augments are pretty fail to begin with. Kupos ring if I ever got one might be worth it though...

I've seen some nq snipers and woodsmans with like dex+1 and crap augmented, but you have to wonder how many rings they had to trade to get a good one.. and they were all Jp with the good augments haha
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-14 01:45:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Integral said:
Dasva said:

I've seen some nq snipers and woodsmans with like dex+1 and crap augmented, but you have to wonder how many rings they had to trade to get a good one.. and they were all Jp with the good augments haha

I wouldn't call those good. Not endgame anyways
 Bahamut.Paulus
Server: Bahamut
user: Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2009-06-14 01:46:39
Link | Quote | Reply

A friend recently used some sort of "coupon" to get an item back after losing it as a result of lag. The gm said he used one of his coupons so I'd think you atleast get 2.
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2009-06-14 12:36:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Galvaya said:
Integral said:

Doesn't matter this site doesn't fall under there jursidiction and they can't prove ***unless you say it in game... already been proven with all the post of peopel cheating

Item restoration is at the GM's discretion, if a GM read your post he would be disinclined to do you any favors. I even have my doubts that Integral's "friend" isn't going to be about 3 million gil lighter after he trades for the ring. :/
[+]
 Valefor.Integral
By Valefor.Integral 2009-06-14 14:25:44
Link | Quote | Reply

well I tossed today and the gm said he could replace but it would take 'up to a week' for my request to go through and that I'd get a POL message when they ok it

Edit: and I dont understand your last line samm
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
Server: Pandemonium
user: liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2009-06-14 14:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

They said that
Integral said:
well I tossed today and the gm said he could replace but it would take 'up to a week' for my request to go through and that I'd get a POL message when they ok it

I replaced an item last week, they told me the same and I had my item 5 hours later! Contact a GM again when you get the message in PoL.
 Valefor.Integral
By Valefor.Integral 2009-06-14 15:38:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Liquidz said:
They said that
Integral said:

I replaced an item last week, they told me the same and I had my item 5 hours later! Contact a GM again when you get the message in PoL.

oh verynice, thanks for your reassurance lol
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-06-14 15:40:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Liquidz said:
They said that
Integral said:

I've done this twice, both times I got instant tranferred to GM jail and got my item right away, then put back at the exact same spot I was before. ^^;
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2009-06-14 16:16:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:

well, it's all the GM's discretion. IF they wanna say no, they don't have to give a reason.
 Lakshmi.Scrollios
Premium
user: Scroll
By Lakshmi.Scrollios 2009-06-14 17:10:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I was a total idiot and tried to fix my lu shang on the boat as it was docking...

The GM's told me one item restoration, ever. After asking me several times if I wanted to proceed, being it can only be done once, they told me I would receive a pol message in a week.

Being impatient, I made a GM call six days later. A Different GM responded to my call, and found no record of my request Furious, I demanded to speak to a LGM, before he would transfer me this GM then asked me to explain the situation again. He then said that he would make the item restoration request again I would receive notice again in 24 hours. I did not speak to the LGM.

The next day I made a GM call, to get yet another GM to assist me. This GM did find a record of my request, from the previous day. They confirmed that the item would be replaced, a SGM would be contacting me shortly to deliver the item. An hour later, I made another GM call to which the SGM himself responded. Warped me to jail, made sure i had space for the item, traded it to me. I invited him to the party I was in w/ several LS mates, the SGM joined, Said hello to everyone. Then promptly warp'd me to my homepoint and disbanded.

I know it sounds like i was very impatient and harassed them, but from what I've read/heard elsewhere the limit for item restoration is 7 days after it loss. Keep that in mind, check back with them again before the week is up.

Also, I think its more if they can find proof that you had the item then it being at their discretion, but that's just imho.

Good luck!

Note: i think I'm correct on the SGM/LGM titles, its been about a year now, but you get the idea.
 Garuda.Ishkur
Server: Garuda
user: Ishkur
By Garuda.Ishkur 2009-06-14 19:30:07
Link | Quote | Reply

DO IT!
User submitted image

And let us know how it goes!
 Valefor.Integral
By Valefor.Integral 2009-06-14 20:04:20
Link | Quote | Reply

still waiting for my pol message :( I hope I dont have to go through what scrillliooos did
 Lakshmi.Scrollios
Premium
user: Scroll
By Lakshmi.Scrollios 2009-06-14 20:44:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Integral said:
still waiting for my pol message :( I hope I dont have to go through what scrillliooos did

Make a GM call and follow up, just say you lost track of time or something.

Just follow up before the seven days are up!
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
Server: Bahamut
user: Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-06-14 21:25:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember when I accidentally NPCd a polearm, i contacted the GM to which he promptly put in the request, I would say by the next day I had my POL message, I contacted the GM again and from there he warped me to the jail, now since I had NPCd my item I had to pay for the value that I got from the NPC (of which I didn't have that much!) I must have got a nice GM though because he gave me a break (and about a 10k discount lol) on my item.

From my understanding of how he explained it to me, it really isn't a "you only have 1 item restore in your whole ffxi account" but it's more of they don't want to have to do item restores on the account every other day, I believe (but I could be wrong) that the item restore is a 1 to 2 per account per YEAR, I do know that they do keep your item restore history on your account so that they do know how many times you have done it so what I may be saying is untrue.

I'll have to ask a GM one day to get the whole rules behind it.
[+]
 Valefor.Integral
By Valefor.Integral 2009-06-14 23:08:34
Link | Quote | Reply

just got it back, UNAUGMENTED! ;D
 Garuda.Ishkur
Server: Garuda
user: Ishkur