Gardening Elemental Ores

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
296 users online
Forum » FFXI » Gathering » Gardening » gardening elemental ores
gardening elemental ores
 Unicorn.Alastari
Offline
Server: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
Posts: 3
By Unicorn.Alastari 2009-06-13 01:35:38
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I'm current growing two saplings that'll hopefully become ores... I just planted them about a week ago in R/L. I'm going to be driving across the country soon and wont be able to check on my plants for at least three days. Does anyone know if my plants are likely to die within three days of total neglectance? Any other helpfully tips on gardening these ores will be appreciated.

thank u.
 Cerberus.Xratedkilla
Offline
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: xratedk
Posts: 2
By Cerberus.Xratedkilla 2009-06-13 02:10:13
Link | Quote | Reply
 
3 days should be fine
 Sylph.Cohan
Offline
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
Posts: 484
By Sylph.Cohan 2009-06-13 02:23:29
Link | Quote | Reply
 
yeah im doing this same thing just for fun and i check every day, the thing you might miss is one of the times to feed the plants. you might have to change to the ore your looking for bc some of them want 2 of the same crystal, o biggie really. i tried out with 6 plants and got 6 ores lol so now i have 10 in the room. it really cool looking to see all 6 plants glowing lol.
 Garuda.Feifongwong
Offline
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
Posts: 464
By Garuda.Feifongwong 2009-06-13 03:56:55
Link | Quote | Reply
 
they will. I used to garden for a long time. you need to check them every day or else they will die.

seriously, if not once per day they will die. gardening can reap nice profit with good dedication.

I'm sorry to hear that, i've been in the same dilemma and had to show my little bro how to check them.
unfortunately, they will die unless you check them each day.
 Sylph.Cohan
Offline
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
Posts: 484
By Sylph.Cohan 2009-06-13 04:06:07
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Feifongwong said:
they will. I used to garden for a long time. you need to check them every day or else they will die.

seriously, if not once per day they will die. gardening can reap nice profit with good dedication.

I'm sorry to hear that, i've been in the same dilemma and had to show my little bro how to check them.
unfortunately, they will die unless you check them each day.

you trying to scare him/her?? ive got 3-4 days with out checking and ive been fine O.o
 Seraph.Sigmund
Offline
Server: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user:
Posts: 71
By Seraph.Sigmund 2009-06-13 04:49:08
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply
 
I have gone 6 days and still got good results. Really IMO you just need to be sure that you check them when they need to be feed, but don't be late or forget. I think that you only have like 1 RLD to feed them. But 2 days you will be fine. GL gardening
 Phoenix.Mattads
Offline
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Mattads
Posts: 9
By Phoenix.Mattads 2009-06-13 06:43:31
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Cohan said:
yeah im doing this same thing just for fun and i check every day, the thing you might miss is one of the times to feed the plants. you might have to change to the ore your looking for bc some of them want 2 of the same crystal, o biggie really. i tried out with 6 plants and got 6 ores lol so now i have 10 in the room. it really cool looking to see all 6 plants glowing lol.
Lies make baby jesus cry.
 Sylph.Cohan
Offline
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
Posts: 484
By Sylph.Cohan 2009-06-13 08:23:17
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Mattads said:
Cohan said:
yeah im doing this same thing just for fun and i check every day, the thing you might miss is one of the times to feed the plants. you might have to change to the ore your looking for bc some of them want 2 of the same crystal, o biggie really. i tried out with 6 plants and got 6 ores lol so now i have 10 in the room. it really cool looking to see all 6 plants glowing lol.
Lies make baby jesus cry.

thank you god i dont believe in such things.
god and jesus are just things made up by some organization to scare ppl :/
i mean seriously, they say if you read the bible your suppose to believe in this "man", if thats so, then why is it that when i read a harry potter book i cant ride a broom stick?
 Bahamut.Nomadikhan
Offline
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Nomad
Posts: 236
By Bahamut.Nomadikhan 2009-06-13 08:35:21
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I've been gardening for almost 5 yrs now. Tree cuttings/saplings specifically. If you max out your earth energy you can go *usually* up to 4~ days without checking your plants.

Keep in mind there is always a random chance that they will wither when you don't check them. But longest I'd personally go is 4 days, to be on the safe side.
 Ramuh.Brahmdut
Offline
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: brahmdut
Posts: 185
By Ramuh.Brahmdut 2009-06-13 10:02:43
Link | Quote | Reply
 
i have gone 2/10.. with dark ore checking every day .. and 0/10 checking every day... so good luck with only 2 i like checking every day
 Seraph.Taiylia
Offline
Server: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: taiylia
Posts: 1
By Seraph.Taiylia 2009-06-13 10:37:08
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I've been gardening for 4 years. I check my plants every 3 real life days.
I have never had my plants die.
You need to make sure you have Moghancement: Gardening
A maple table is cheap, and will grant you this moghancement, (assuming you don't have any other one active.)
Moghancement: Gardening will help keep your plants from dying if you forget to check them for a day or so.
 Unicorn.Alastari
Offline
Server: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
Posts: 3
By Unicorn.Alastari 2009-06-14 20:46:01
Link | Quote | Reply
 
TY everyone! this really helps... i did have a moghancement gardening, until i bought more funiture! i'll just have only my maple tables and pots in the MH before i leave on my journey....

i JUST feed them some crystals yesterday, hopefully they don't get hungry the day i leave o.O

...i'm going for an earth ore on my main char, and fire with my mule. my first attempts. hopefully my next post will be to sell some ores ^^

thank you again all you lovely people!
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Offline
Server: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
Posts: 4261
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-06-14 21:18:22
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Just to beat a dead horse, if the plant is "healthy", it will live for 72 hours guaranteed. However, the gardening guru (did this for over five years) never said if it was FROM LAST CHECKED or JP MIDNIGHT. Anything else is sort of like a lotto death.

Just to be perfectly safe, I suggest before you leave your place for the time away, check your plants. You'll be fine, espceeeeeeecially with Moghancement.
 Cerberus.Xratedkilla
Offline
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: xratedk
Posts: 2
By Cerberus.Xratedkilla 2009-06-17 00:16:09
Link | Quote | Reply
 
This is untrue.
Log in to post.