Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Goldsmithing » Goldsmithing 80+
Goldsmithing 80+
By itchi508 2013-01-10 08:38:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Currently 80gold looking for tips to skill up w/o completly having dead end crafts. I had taken a break from it but goin to start up again, one issue i no i need to address is my sub crafts, i dont fish so shapers shawl is out of question to help me. Last i was doin was making Phrygian ingots wich acually made me decent $ since most i got from VW, most crafs i see to skill off require sub crafts, or there like 5 item craft. is there a good route to take with less mats to continue skilln gold until i get subs up to par? Also i have 80k GP, close to getn my specticals so i dont want to switch guilds and lose my points. Any tips other than my low sub crafts be appreciated, please and Thanks.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-01-10 08:53:36
Link | Quote | Reply

At 80, with specs and advanced support, you can do the elemental ores. They cap at 87. Depending on your server, you should be able to buy the ores and resell the beads for a break even skillup, maybe even turn a slight profit. After that, sadly, goldsmithing turns to ***and everything is a huge loss. I honestly regret skilling up goldsmithing. Seriously considering lowering it and taking bonecrafting to 110
 Fenrir.Krucial
Server: Fenrir
user: Krucial
By Fenrir.Krucial 2013-01-10 08:59:38
Link | Quote | Reply

itchi508 said: »
Currently 80gold looking for tips to skill up w/o completly having dead end crafts. I had taken a break from it but goin to start up again, one issue i no i need to address is my sub crafts, i dont fish so shapers shawl is out of question to help me. Last i was doin was making Phrygian ingots wich acually made me decent $ since most i got from VW, most crafs i see to skill off require sub crafts, or there like 5 item craft. is there a good route to take with less mats to continue skilln gold until i get subs up to par? Also i have 80k GP, close to getn my specticals so i dont want to switch guilds and lose my points. Any tips other than my low sub crafts be appreciated, please and Thanks.

1. Good Luck
2. If your fishing is 30 or 26 with gear you can just buy fish for shawl.
3. You no longer lose your points for changing guilds
By itchi508 2013-01-10 09:35:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
At 80, with specs and advanced support, you can do the elemental ores. They cap at 87. Depending on your server, you should be able to buy the ores and resell the beads for a break even skillup, maybe even turn a slight profit. After that, sadly, goldsmithing turns to ***and everything is a huge loss. I honestly regret skilling up goldsmithing. Seriously considering lowering it and taking bonecrafting to 110
Maybe with that said i will leave gold at 80 and take up bone smith or clothe, i see alot of money coming from those with the popular hexed/cursed such as armada/valk hauberk, tenryu, and Misc gear such as avant mekira etc. idk what gold 100+ offers i havnt looked that far ahead. I no pyrosoul/vulcants is a gamble that isnt worth it unless extremely lucky youl prob waist 40 geodes tryn to make 1 Gem then pray you HQ3 a vulcants pearl, if not thats 1M flame pearl >.> seems like a huge loss.
 Sylph.Rafaras
Server: Sylph
user: Enitsu
By Sylph.Rafaras 2013-01-10 09:59:15
Link | Quote | Reply

itchi508 said: »
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Maybe with that said i will leave gold at 80 and take up bone smith or clothe, i see alot of money coming from those with the popular hexed/cursed such as armada/valk hauberk, tenryu, and Misc gear such as avant mekira etc. idk what gold 100+ offers i havnt looked that far ahead. I no pyrosoul/vulcants is a gamble that isnt worth it unless extremely lucky youl prob waist 40 geodes tryn to make 1 Gem then pray you HQ3 a vulcants pearl, if not thats 1M flame pearl >.> seems like a huge loss.

You make pure profit from Goldsmithing when you take it up to 104-106 atleast. Making those Hexed feet -1(Hugian) which would sell easily for 150M is bank.
By raistlinmaj 2013-01-12 10:50:52
Link | Quote | Reply

hexed gambieras is definitely a target synth for goldsmithers, however isn't hq rate like 1% til you can gain effective 113 skill?
By macsdf1 2013-01-13 11:18:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Just lvled mule up

lvl 80-87 do ores.
88-90 you can do oricalcum ingots from 4x ores
or to 91 Can do hexed crowns
or can do to 92 muscle belt
92-93 I did oricalcum rings, save them for later.
93-94 I did phrygian rings, save them for later.
94-95 I used the plat rings I made when lvl 70 and made rings
95-97 I did breaksynthing on cursed helmet, used 40 smithing, 36 alch.
98 I did scintilant ingots
99 so far doing just elemental rings, till 102
102-104 ill break synth cassandras probably.

104+ not possible really on my server, no mats.
[+]
 Siren.Ravager
Server: Siren
user: Reeicheep
By Siren.Ravager 2013-01-13 11:30:01
Link | Quote | Reply

macsdf1 said: »
Just lvled mule up

lvl 80-87 do ores.
88-90 you can do oricalcum ingots from 4x ores
or to 91 Can do hexed crowns
or can do to 92 muscle belt
92-93 I did oricalcum rings, save them for later.
93-94 I did phrygian rings, save them for later.
94-95 I used the plat rings I made when lvl 70 and made rings
95-97 I did breaksynthing on cursed helmet, used 40 smithing, 36 alch.
98 I did scintilant ingots
99 so far doing just elemental rings, till 102
102-104 ill break synth cassandras probably.

This is probly the better of the lists ive seen. Pushing past 104 is damn impossible on most server unless u can get the Oumulo Ingots
[+]
By macsdf1 2013-01-13 11:36:20
Link | Quote | Reply

You can always break synth the cursed helmets sooner as well. Cost me about 1-15k per break depending on what I lost.
I just did rings cause I would need them later anyways. Made 3 stupid triton rings so far lol;;

I bought ores and made my own phry ingots, and luminium ore to make the scints.

I have WW so I crafed the beads to staves and sold chatoyants. Pretty much as cost me nothing to lvl it GS to 99 so far, due to hq'ing geodes and the chatoyants I've sold.

I desynth all my elemental rings too. Don't seem to lose too many, but there's artisan advantage atm. HQ2 gets you 2 oingots back as well. Better than npcing the rings for 34k over all I'm sure.
 Ragnarok.Fasaga
Server: Ragnarok
user: Fasaga
By Ragnarok.Fasaga 2013-01-20 20:05:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone attempted break synthing cassandras yet? What level is best to leave the leathercraft at
 Ragnarok.Fasaga
By Ragnarok.Fasaga 2013-01-22 17:43:00
Link | Quote | Reply

bump :/
 Leviathan.Wadokai
Server: Leviathan
user: wadokai
By Leviathan.Wadokai 2013-01-22 17:50:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I just tried it the other day. Skilled up leather until I could attempt the synth, which was level 24. Then did 6 full loss breaks in a row for 0.1 and remembered I was saving for Valk breastplate...
 Ragnarok.Fasaga
By Ragnarok.Fasaga 2013-01-22 18:02:44
Link | Quote | Reply

hmm. that sounds disgusting, if its leather 24 to attempt that means its a... what 44 sub? can't remember exactly
 Leviathan.Wadokai
Server: Leviathan
user: wadokai
By Leviathan.Wadokai 2013-01-23 07:17:05
Link | Quote | Reply

+15 I believe so 39 leather unless someone corrects me.
[+]
 Sylph.Rafaras
Server: Sylph
user: Enitsu
By Sylph.Rafaras 2013-01-23 07:46:34
Link | Quote | Reply

We always have a ton of them on my server.
 Phoenix.Purpleeyes
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Purpleeyes 2013-01-23 08:25:59
Link | Quote | Reply

104+ not worth it really

FTFY
By macsdf1 2013-01-23 12:01:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Silver cassandra is 36 leather sub. I could do em at 21 leather sub.

took me

21 synth 102-103
21 synth 103-104

Shapers shawl, water day, full moon 90%, kitron macaroon, 54 str fire mog buff, artisans advantage on.

lost around 80 O ingots, everything else around 2 stacks. You pretty much lose 2 oingots every time. Maybe like 6x I lost 1, one time lost none.

Was 24 leather sub when I crafted the cassandras, due to leveling up from bugard hides. But definately 21 I could attempt the synth. Succeed crafting one hehe, gained .1 leather off it.

Now the question is what lvl sub are hexed gambieras lol. I'll try to find some ingots to test, got 6 black feets made already.