How To Augment Kirin's Pole + Genbu Scrap?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Synergy » How to augment Kirin's pole + genbu scrap?
How to augment Kirin's pole + genbu scrap?
By Mookies 2013-01-05 22:58:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Wondering if I need to do more than just hit the 35 earth required for the synth. Ive tried it several ways, 35 earth only, 35+ earth and all positive elements. I only seem to get HQ1 or 2 with just straight 35 earth.

Looking for the enhancing augment, I know it's random. Just wondering if I am doing something wrong.

Thanks.
 Fenrir.Acey
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: abyssal
By Fenrir.Acey 2013-01-05 23:02:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Mookies said: »
Wondering if I need to do more than just hit the 35 earth required for the synth. Ive tried it several ways, 35 earth only, 35+ earth and all positive elements. I only seem to get HQ1 or 2 with just straight 35 earth.

Looking for the enhancing augment, I know it's random. Just wondering if I am doing something wrong.

Thanks.

I'm pretty sure you just answered your own question by saying "I know it's random", but i think the higher lvl synergy you have might increase your odds but not 100% on that one seeing as 15 synergy i have got hq 3 on a few sky items for friends

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Mookies 2013-01-05 23:38:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay here is is some clarification.

http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Tatter_and_Scrap_Synergy

"You synergize your armor with the appropriate scrap or tatter (your synergy skill level and final elemental alignment influence the HQ tier of the result).
It is possible to determine the HQ tier of the result from the Cinder yield (see the table below)."

I know it's a wiki and all, so I don't take it at 100% truth unless someone can confirm.

From the wiki it sounds like alignment matters especially when trying to get the higher augments. Yes it is random but there are ways to give yourself a better chance, or so it would seem.

So I was wondering if anyone had any additional info than what is on the wiki, or can confirm/dispute what is posted there. Advice on how to balance the elements (where to start), whether impurity matters for HQ, etc. Specific to augmenting gear (not normal crafting).
 Phoenix.Suji
Server: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2013-01-05 23:42:59
Link | Quote | Reply

The only thing that anyone really seems to agree on regarding synergy HQ rates is to have the highest skill possible. As for elements, some people aim for +/-2, others +/-1. I've seen a couple great augments with +/-3 when people were slow at pressing End.

Synergy is random, if you don't get what you want, you just have to keep doing it.
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-01-06 00:30:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
You don't need anything exceptional to get hq no, I had this happen a few times

where I got some random levels + and - for the others but it would still hq

I'm not seeing anything out of the ordinary. You only need to match up the elements above 0, i.e. fire in your pic. You can have -99 or +99 in the other elements and it won't matter.

Here is how I augment. Get all the elements above 0 to within 1 of the target, reduce impurity to 0%, and end. Should HQ ~90% of the time. You can also thwack it to get the straighter silhouette message, but I'm not convinced that affects HQ rate.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.