By Bahamut.Negan 2024-09-10 20:56:26
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
VIP
By Lili 2024-09-11 03:56:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
you don't phrase it the way OP did.

The way English works, no two native speakers use it the same way or spell it the same way, leaving us non-native speakers to grasp at straws and try to mindread you guys through a screen.

It's only natural that even a native speaker gets confused every now and then.
By Dodik 2024-09-11 04:50:53
Link | Quote | Reply

That Pepe Sylvia man..

YouTube Video Placeholder
By SimonSes 2024-09-11 05:40:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Lili said: »
Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
you don't phrase it the way OP did.

The way English works, no two native speakers use it the same way or spell it the same way, leaving us non-native speakers to grasp at straws and try to mindread you guys through a screen.

It's only natural that even a native speaker gets confused every now and then.

However it was phrased doesn't matter, because in context of full sentence and full post it was very clear. Saevel was probably reading it unfocused and he was triggered by one phrase and he took it out of context. This happens to everyone indeed and no reason to shame anyone for that.
Now what happened next is whole different story. Instead of admitting to mistake, Saevel is being Saevel and goes even deeper with his nonsense and even attacks people for clearing things up. Not the first time, as he permanently blocked me for pointing him behaving like that in the past.
[+]
By K123 2024-09-11 06:22:09
Link | Quote | Reply

So what TPs faster, WAR single wielding Naegling with 100DA or DRG dual wielding that does not have KC?
By Dodik 2024-09-11 06:43:48
Link | Quote | Reply

A Sam.
[+]
By Atrox78 2024-09-11 07:20:16
Link | Quote | Reply

K123 said: »
So what TPs faster, WAR single wielding Naegling with 100DA or DRG dual wielding that does not have KC?

Drg by far.
By SimonSes 2024-09-11 07:25:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Wrong question.
DRG would Single wield without KC.

So the question is who would TP faster while single wielding.
Answer: DRG by far, by like 30%+ and you have Spirit and Soul Jump on top of that.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2024-09-11 07:43:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Easily DRG, being at 205/1024 delay is just that much better then 320/1024.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2024-09-11 07:46:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually said single wield DRG the page before when I explained that DRG can still DPS very high in Segs without KC...
By SimonSes 2024-09-11 08:05:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »

Easily DRG, being at 205/1024 delay is just that much better then 320/1024.

DRG is at 220/1024 or 218/1024

DRG can't reach the full cap while single wielding, unless you would go with /dnc and haste samba yourself, but that would be overall loss vs /war with 12% DA and Fencer II

Luckily for Saevel he won't need to admit to being wrong again, because he can't see my posts XD
By SimonSes 2024-09-11 08:38:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I actually said single wield DRG the page before when I explained that DRG can still DPS very high in Segs without KC...

Yeah I know, K123 actually asked about single wielding on last page too. I guess by mistake he changed the question to dual wielding DRG, when he bumped his question to be answered. Anyway I think he wanted a full comparison of DRG swinging faster against WAR swinging more per round, so I gave him the answer.

To add more details, DRG/WAR base DA rate is not that much lower than WAR/DRG. It's almost the same before merits. DRG has 27% and WAR has 28% (+5% from merits). DRG/WAR TP set for Naegling in Seg farm may vary a little, but it has overall around 80%DA, 7%TA and 3%QA with similar storeTP as WAR's set. This is also with DRG neck+2 for Wyvern safety, so you could push it even more than 30%+ advantage on DRG (by for example going very offensive with R15 Vim's torque or slightly less risky with Ainia). Detail that might be or might not be important, depends on the party setup, is that DRG's TP set for single-wielding Naegling has pretty low meva.
By K123 2024-09-11 08:45:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yeah, I forgot. Didn't realise DRG would have so much DA but I guess that's Gleti's, etc.
By SimonSes 2024-09-11 08:52:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yeah, I forgot. Didn't realise DRG would have so much DA but I guess that's Gleti's, etc.

27% native from /war and wyvern
53% from gear
Coiste: 3%
Gleti's Body: 10%
Sroda earring: 7%
Sherida earring: 5%
Empy+3 hands: 7%
Back: 10%
Flamma feet +2: 6%
R15 Sailfi belt +1: 5%
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2024-09-11 09:19:16
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

27% native from /war and wyvern
53% from gear
Coiste: 3%
Gleti's Body: 10%
Sroda earring: 7%
Sherida earring: 5%
Empy+3 hands: 7%
Back: 10%
Flamma feet +2: 6%
R15 Sailfi belt +1: 5%

I was about to say this. But yeah, DRG can get some really impressive multi attack.

ItemSet 396801

Swap out Flamma for Nyame Head R25/R30 if you need more Defensive stats.

I've been trying to get Quad Attack on valorous feet, but Oseem only wants to give me nice QA augs on Chironic...

Edit: Oops I forgot Sroda in this set.
By Atrox78 2024-09-11 09:36:33
Link | Quote | Reply

You can also just go /sam, still tp much faster then a fencer war and be in a better spot when using polearm abd a staff (I know, Club but try full swing at high tp with nyame and thank me later).

But now we are really derailing the war thread. Back on topic. Chango > Ukon to R15.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2024-09-11 12:56:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, even without KC, I still sub /nin on drg because they can use ternion dagger +1

Edit: I also find Retribution to just hit slightly harder that Full Swing generally. It shouldn't, but it does.
By SimonSes 2024-09-11 13:16:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
Honestly, even without KC, I still sub /nin on drg because they can use ternion dagger +1

Edit: I also find Retribution to just hit slightly harder that Full Swing generally. It shouldn't, but it does.

If you want Dual Wield on DRG you should go /dnc. /nin just gimps your tp gain for no reason. You want as low Dual Wield trait as possible. Too bad THF doesn't get DWI at lv58, that would be ideal to sub on DRG.
[+]
By CrAZYVIC 2024-09-11 13:23:39
Link | Quote | Reply

By the way, do you guys use Weapon Skill Damage or Critical Hit Rate/Damage for Ukko's Fury?

Right now, I don’t have an upgraded Nyame set, but I do have a decent gear set with around 50% Weapon Skill Damage.

This weekend, I obtained Blistering Sallet +1, Zoar Subligar +1, I have an Ambuscade cape with 10% Critical Hit Rate for WAR, and Flamma Hands +2.

Before I upgrade the two Unity pieces, I’d like to hear your opinion so I don’t waste 16M.
By Taint 2024-09-11 13:32:23
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/All_Jobs_Gear_Sets/Warrior
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2024-09-11 13:50:42
Link | Quote | Reply

CrAZYVIC said: »
By the way, do you guys use Weapon Skill Damage or Critical Hit Rate/Damage for Ukko's Fury?

Right now, I don’t have an upgraded Nyame set, but I do have a decent gear set with around 50% Weapon Skill Damage.

This weekend, I obtained Blistering Sallet +1, Zoar Subligar +1, I have an Ambuscade cape with 10% Critical Hit Rate for WAR, and Flamma Hands +2.

Before I upgrade the two Unity pieces, I’d like to hear your opinion so I don’t waste 16M.

Those pieces can be nice for other jobs.

Personally I would focus on Empy+3. Each piece is very well rounded.

A rough summary of each:
Head: Crit Rate/DA/-DT
Legs:DA/PDL/100 TP Bonus
Feet:Crit DMG/DA/-DT

ItemSet 396803

These will also give you a more defensive weapon skill set. The Subligar has some very tempting stats but only has 69 MEVA.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2024-09-11 16:36:25
Link | Quote | Reply

It's going to be both. About half of Ukko's damage is on the first hit and all hits can crit. You end up optimizing one slot at a time.
[+]
By CrAZYVIC 2024-09-13 16:01:48
Link | Quote | Reply

It's going to be both. About half of Ukko's damage is on the first hit and all hits can crit. You end up optimizing one slot at a time.

"I'm curious, what made you choose the Helheim over the Laphria? I get that the Great Sword can be used by multiple jobs like WAR, PLD, DRK, and RUN, whereas the Great Axe is WAR-only, which makes sense. But is there something else that stood out to you? Like in a Zerg setup, does *Helheim*’s accuracy, STR, and physical damage limit make it more appealing for *MS-Resolution* spam? Would like to hear your thoughts!"
By Taint 2024-09-13 16:10:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I made Helheim first for many reasons.

STP vs DA.

Fimb properties paired perfectly with Mumei. We did a lot of Sortie with WAR and SAM at the time.

You can alternate Fimb and Reso during Zergs if the mob has a WS wall.

Bonus its DRKs best weapon.
[+]
By SimonSes 2024-09-13 17:06:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
Bonus its DRKs best weapon.

According to sim Foenaria is better even for raw DPS.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2024-09-13 18:10:41
Link | Quote | Reply

"I'm curious, what made you choose the Helheim over the Laphria? I get that the Great Sword can be used by multiple jobs like WAR, PLD, DRK, and RUN, whereas the Great Axe is WAR-only, which makes sense. But is there something else that stood out to you? Like in a Zerg setup, does *Helheim*’s accuracy, STR, and physical damage limit make it more appealing for *MS-Resolution* spam? Would like to hear your thoughts!"

STP vs DA and Chango already exists for multi-step SC's.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 231 232