New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
First Page 2 3 ... 188 189 190 ... 224 225 226
By Spaitin 2021-02-25 21:19:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Kikomizuhara said: »
A little underwhelming but I'll keep playing around with it.
Nanadaka can be a really good option if you are using a lot of debuffs on the target.
By Kikomizuhara 2021-02-25 22:31:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Not many debuffs when grinding through trash mobs :( Interesting idea though.

I'll try a Decimation build with Sakpata in there.
By Wyrmnax 2021-03-01 07:47:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive been using naegling fencer for most things, because I am usually not attack capped and Savage Blade is bonkers strong.

I tend to get attack capped on Sheol-C however. Should probably go in there with sakpata and dolichenus to see how dumb that thing can get....
By Spaitin 2021-03-01 09:39:43
Link | Quote | Reply

If attack isn't capped, naegling/fernagu should probably beat out decimation spam fairly easily.
If you are fully capped haste on fencer. It should still easily beat out decimation
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-03-01 11:03:57
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
New Ukonvasara/Farsha AM3 white damage set. 100%DA without fighter's roll. Empy armor slots are Sakpata's pieces and empty earring is Schere.

ItemSet 378034

Swaps for Fighter's roll would be probably Crit on cape, Hetairoi Ring and Sailfi belt +1.

Amazing set for shitty Oddysey LAG :) Just put AM3 and Blood Rage up and AFK XD

Does it look like this is the new ukon set? Assuming fighter's roll, crit on back better than DA??

Or does it more mimic spaitin's set below?

ItemSet 378041
By Wyrmnax 2021-03-01 19:13:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Any opinions on Aizkora +1 as a Great Axe?
By Crossbones 2021-03-01 19:28:06
Link | Quote | Reply

It isn't a chango, or ukon, or even ambu GA. Don't see any real reason to use it given way better options, and that's just among GAs.
[+]
By olson2189 2021-03-01 21:15:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Spaitin said: »
This update is nuts. Warrior actually got a massive boost in ideal buffs. The sakpata set has the same MEVA and higher MDB than malignace. And it is actually crazy good for WS unlike malignance.
ItemSet 378041 All missing slots are sakpata with or without augments. It is actually WAY better than malignance. Has a good amount of attack. Can actually get a 3 hit build with 100 DA on montante and chango.

Probably go 5/5 on all ftp transferring WS. Reso might struggle. Stardiver probably beats out impulse by a good chunk now. Might even generally be better than reso.Decimation, RR, RF, Hexa... lol. Ukko's might be decent with 5/5 sakpata.

King's Justice and Upheaval should probably use the legs and hands. We get ANOTHER GS better than rag lol. New GA is okay.

I never expected anything even remotely close to this.

I assume the cape is 10 STP instead of DA?
By Spaitin 2021-03-02 20:43:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends. If you have a perfect fighters roll then you can use the coiste ammo and go 10 STP on back. That is kind of hard to guarantee. I would go 10 DA and go with max stp from the accessories.

Could also go schere and coist and do 10 STP on the back. There are a few options that will be almost exactly the same dps.
By Spaitin 2021-03-07 10:13:12
Link | Quote | Reply

New War GUide Update.

I am still working on it. Got help from some people who wrote some of the other guides and am currently reworking it to make it nicer. I am on vacation for the next week so I am not sure how much I will be working on it. But, it is starting to look quite nice.
[+]
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Padisharcreel 2021-03-07 23:31:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends. If you have a perfect fighters roll then you can use the coiste ammo and go 10 STP on back. That is kind of hard to guarantee. I would go 10 DA and go with max stp from the accessories.

Could also go schere and coist and do 10 STP on the back. There are a few options that will be almost exactly the same dps.

This set's great. Only issue is it's a bit light in the accuracy department at 1139 before buffs (Chango).

I've been using an STP cape with seething bomblet+1 r15 and ioskeha +1. Loses the 2% ta in favor of a net gain in da and stp. Not sure which way shows more dps, but they're probably really close and the extra 30~ accuracy makes me feel better.

I've got DEX 30, acc/atk 20, stp 10, -10pdt on the cape in this set, seething +1, ioskeha +1, cessance instead of dedition, and moonlight x2 until they fix the dt on sakpata's legs.

Slightly less ma, slightly more stp, and a pretty solid acc bump, bringing it closer to the 1200 baseline I'm used to. Probably better to just do this stuff as a separate set on an acc toggle, but w/e. Point still stands.

Once you start getting some acc from augments on sakpata's it'll be even better.

Edit: lots of stuff wrong/missing. I shouldn't be posting at midnight.
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2021-03-09 10:59:06
Link | Quote | Reply

So what sub are you guys using for Odyssey farming? /Nin /Sam /Drg /Dnc?

I saw a couple wars running around with Naeling Fencer so I was wondering what's the sub for that build given the nature of farming and weapon switching.
 Bahamut.Yiazmat
Server: Bahamut
user: Rudra
By Bahamut.Yiazmat 2021-03-09 11:46:08
Link | Quote | Reply

War/drg fencer works fine, war/sam chango works fine too, i didnt like war/nin dps to much in there. For now my favorite is war/sam Ukon AM3 in Sheol.
The most important thing as war in there is to bring club and polearm for the différents weapons weakness
By malakef 2021-03-09 11:46:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Almost always sub DRG and carry a club with you. Also lots of people are fencer ready for Gaol cause no SJ’s.
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2021-03-09 12:05:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I would say stay /Sam and use chango and switch to SO when you find some piercing weak mobs, I have had the best luck trying to stick with piercing weak mobs.
 Asura.Friedrik
Server: Asura
user: Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2021-03-09 12:36:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I just sub SAM and use Chango, Shining One, and Loxotic/Blurred Shield. WAR's flexibility makes it really, really good for segment farming.
[+]
By Spaitin 2021-03-09 19:18:09
Link | Quote | Reply

hmmm. I wonder if the update tomorrow will make massive changes to warrior again?
By SimonSes 2021-03-09 19:40:06
Link | Quote | Reply

hmmm. I wonder if the update tomorrow will make massive changes to warrior again?

Probably
By Aricomfy 2021-03-10 00:22:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like the new base Nyame set has a few pieces that would be great for Farsha's Cloudsplitter. Can only imagine what the augments on this stat vomit gear is going to be getting. It seems like this set and it's supposedly 4 augment paths is designed to be the absolute most apex equipment in the entire game for every job.
By Kikomizuhara 2021-03-10 00:35:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like path B with the 9% WSD is the big one.
By Spaitin 2021-03-10 01:41:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Welll.... I think farsha builds might become insane. Much easier to get what we want. Wonder if we can get multiple sets. Will make it fairly easy to play all jobs. Also this might change the whole guide again lol
By fillerbunny9 2021-03-10 01:43:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Welll.... I think farsha builds might become insane. Much easier to get what we want. Wonder if we can get multiple sets. Will make it fairly easy to play all jobs. Also this might change the whole guide again lol
the armor was shown to be Rare/Ex in the preview video, so you cannot get more than one of a given piece.
By Aricomfy 2021-03-10 01:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

So basically we have to pick between mythic aftermath 3 Store TP path or Unga Bunga WSD/DA path. I don't know about you, but Unga Bungaing is what WARs know best. Think I know what I'll be picking.

Sakpata TP set into Nyame WS set. Jesus Christ.
 Asura.Nuance
Server: Asura
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2021-03-10 01:51:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn’t even think about Farsha I was too focused on the uses for sanguine and seraph on rdm. It’s definitely worth looking at for Farsha as well hell yeah.
By Spaitin 2021-03-10 02:29:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll have to play around with it. But I think sakpata will generally outperform the wsd sets at attack cap. Thestp set is probably not as good as existing options. For me it is the ranged and mab sets
By Serjero 2021-03-10 03:01:21
Link | Quote | Reply

The new stuff does give us options to play around with being under, at, or way over attack cap and how much PDL is actually useful. Which is neat considering the various levels of content in which Frailty may or may not be nerfed in as well as scaling with and without buffs. Also gives us more options for WSing in DT and M.eva gear.

Just more to complicate the guide for you.
[+]
By Spaitin 2021-03-10 09:55:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay. So the nyame gear is really good. But sakpata will generally be better. I think the magic path is the overall best for warriors. Cataclysm/sanguine/cloudsplitger/etc. If attack isn't capped, the old wsd sets are very similar to the new nyame. Not as durable though. The stp path is pretty meh for war. We have better options in all slots. Best use I see for it is as a hybrid mythic AMIII build. Which would be kinda meh
By Serjero 2021-03-10 14:17:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you sure that 25 MAB and 20 MDmg beats out 8-10% WSD for magic based WS's? Not nearly as familiar with the MAB:WSD ratio for things outside of TF/Leaden but if most things follow a similar 4:1 ratio or there about, wouldn't the effective difference be ~62 MAB vs 55 MAB and 20 MDmg.

Correct me if I'm wrong on this understanding.
[+]
By Aricomfy 2021-03-10 14:23:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Even if the magic path is stronger, I'd still pick the WSD path just for versatility's sake. Can be used on a lot of other things while the magic damage path can't. Melee-wise strickly speaking of course. Depends on all the jobs you play in the end what path will be more useful to you.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 188 189 190 ... 224 225 226