Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
First Page 2 3 ... 174 175 176 ... 224 225 226
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2020-07-08 22:59:23
Link | Quote | Reply

So might as well get this started, anyone see anything useful from the new-ish gear?
 Bahamut.Omegus
Server: Bahamut
user: Alphus
By Bahamut.Omegus 2020-07-08 23:33:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Thinking of swapping boii for blistering sallet in my Ukon AM set for the crits. Not to mention the crazy high overall accuracy on that piece
 Bahamut.Omegus
Server: Bahamut
user: Alphus
By Bahamut.Omegus 2020-07-08 23:42:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Also whilst using the odin gear, the seething bomblet should make up for some of the haste lost so we can go back to ioskeha belt +1 over tempus fugit.
[+]
Server: Odin
user: tallica
By Odin.Kingofthenorth 2020-07-09 15:19:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Use gear with Macc to land armor break?
 Asura.Brennski
user: Ogri
By Asura.Brennski 2020-07-09 15:27:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea stack M.acc for all the Breaks, Flamma +2 is good for it.
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2020-07-09 21:28:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Omegus said: »
Also whilst using the odin gear, the seething bomblet should make up for some of the haste lost so we can go back to ioskeha belt +1 over tempus fugit.

Thank you for pointing this out, I’m working on this now.

Edit:
So I haven’t done odyssey before and the BG page is not updated for this stuff yet, you need to complete Sheol B and it uses Lusterless Hides not scales.

I also went and did Grand Grenade and made +1, he’s really easy on war you just need to hold WS till about 50% then Zerg him down with radiance SC and usually dies before he can grow full size and kill you. I did die like 4 times but w/e. I went with trusts a LS dood on semigimp mnk and my SUPER gimp geo mule. If you have a good RUN you proly won’t die to him.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-10 11:32:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried looking for it on this thread, but is there a Store TP number I should be trying for with my upcoming Chango? SAM subjob, of course.
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2020-07-10 12:09:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried a few setups looking for a 4 hit but could not get it without some serious DA and DT loss, in the end I gave up on 4 hit and just go with 5hit and nearly capped - capped DA depending on buffs and just under DT cap all the while, in the end I think that’s more DPS than trying to make that 4 hit, I would have to look at the STP needed for 5hit but you will likely hit it /Sam with moderate STP in gear while making out DA.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-10 12:15:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I did the calculations on a spreadsheet and found that, while it's possible for me to get a 4-hit, it eats up almost all my gear slots (using the gear I have currently, although I can get some Odyssean/Valorous gear easily).

I probably should run some numbers for DA+ and try to get 100% multi-attack and see what I can get and work on.
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2020-07-10 12:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

About 86% ish DA is what most people end up with depending on your gear +1-2 then the rest is made up of buffs from either cor or smn to push 100%.
 Asura.Chendar
user: chendar
By Asura.Chendar 2020-07-10 12:56:38
Link | Quote | Reply

The "standard" setup is basically 5hit and 100DA, yea. Having capped DA is not required or anything. Various setups with DM QA or using TA over DA where possible could be more dps in an all out zerg I suppose. But that 100 DA does make it super reliable for multistepping, which is what you're most likely to use Chango for anyway I guess.

ItemSet 374314

that's what everone threw around a lil while back at least

aurgelmir orb +1 over ginsen may let you skip the 5da valorous body for relic+3 body and still 5hit? Someone would have have to run the numbers on that one :P

EDIT: If you're getting fighter's roll or ifrit favor that's all out the window ofc. WAR has tons of good options so it's absolutely worth making different sets for different buff situations if you wanna go all out.
[+]
By Spaitin 2020-07-10 17:45:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Loxotic mace +1 is deff wars best non h2h blunt option. 223 base damage with 10% WSD should make black halo and judgement smack hard.

Have to math it out. But Sangarius looks to be the new BIS offhand for decimation. 3 DA TA and QA lol. Should TP faster and hit harder.
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2020-07-10 18:25:29
Link | Quote | Reply

That’s a lot of money on a club you will likely not use much since HTH is better on war, I think I’ll stick will berrilium mace since hexa strike is fun anyways, and cheaper.
By Spaitin 2020-07-10 18:27:22
Link | Quote | Reply

expensive at the moment. Prices will do the same thing as the other event and tank after awhile. H2h is only better if you are /mnk. Otherwise it kinda sucks. Say you are war/sam and doing omen with a . You get the midboss that is weak to blunt, swap out and smash. Loxotic mace becomes a fun option.

War h2h kinda forces you to ONLY go h2h. You have to be /mnk or /pup. Swapping to other options will be a giant loss in DPS. Basically, war h2h builds sacrifice most of your flexibility.

This club should just plug into your fencer build.

It is really only for wars that already have everything. It should be semi competitive with Savage Blade spam. Has 60 more base damage than naegling. WIll still lose by a chunk, but will still be pretty good.

Probably better than SB builds before Naegling became a thing.

Sangarius seems to be the overall best thing war got.

*Edit. I take that back. Odnowa is the big winner imo.
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2020-07-10 18:36:44
Link | Quote | Reply

No, just use berrilum HTHs and spam dragon kick. With just trusts I get like 20-30k kicks with a spike of 78k all on reisenjasima corse nm.
By Spaitin 2020-07-10 18:40:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice... you can 99k with judgment consistently on stuff blunt weak. Reisenjima corse NM took more damage from judgment than that with divinity. Used to average somewhere in the 60k area. Loxotic should be a decent boost above that. Also you will TP faster because of retaliation. so more frequency and higher WS numbers. Giant win for loxotic over h2h non /mnk. Infact, most clubs will win handily over any h2h that isnt /mnk or /pup. If both get a dnc to boost the haste, then club will actually win by even more.

Going h2h without /mnk will lose you over 800 tp bonus and a LOT of retaliation proccs. They both are gimp on delay.

So yeah, without /mnk or /pup. h2h war is pretty bad. like really bad.

Both can be improved by having a real dnc in a party. It will ironically improve the club build by more than it will improve the h2h build. Dragon kick is pretty bad. Yeah it can spike high, but that does not mean anything. Ukko's fury can spike high sometimes, it still sucks.

Going with just trusts. Using mayakov. Loxotic should massively outperform Dragon Kick. I mean... divinity already did.
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2020-07-10 19:04:17
Link | Quote | Reply

So with just trusts you are hitting 99k on blunt weak NMs? If so then that’s gonna be better than upheaval on non blunt weak mobs.
By Spaitin 2020-07-10 19:06:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Eightball said: »
So with just trusts you are hitting 99k on blunt weak NMs? If so then that’s gonna be better than upheaval on non blunt weak mobs.
Yeah, Pop MS and try it for yourself.
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2020-07-10 19:14:12
Link | Quote | Reply

>.>

Why are you comparing normal situations to mighty strikes? Of course you can hit 99k with mighty strikes using several WSs, that doesn’t make them the highest dmg output outside of MS.

Spaitin said: »
Nice... you can 99k with judgment consistently on stuff blunt weak.

So what you meant to say here is, “with mighty strikes I do more damage than you without...”
By Spaitin 2020-07-10 20:46:22
Link | Quote | Reply

So what you meant to say here is, “with mighty strikes I do more damage than you without...”
No. So 99k is a bit of an exaggeration on a blunt weak mob, more like 65-75k averages with 99k spikes. But 20-30k on a blunt weak mob is actually laughably bad. 78k spike is decent. Club will average closer to your spike damage.
so without ms you can hit up t o around 50k on judgment. Depending on what the mobs weakness is to blunt. Some have 25% some have 50% weakness etc. so ill let you do the math. 50 x 1.25 and 50k x 1.5. corse is only 25% weak I believe.

H2H dragonkick is kinda cool. and kinda sucks. You are only doing 20-30k on blunt weak. lol. Not to mention the fact that unless /mnk. fencer will TP MUCH faster because of how retal works. So better frequency and WS average vs.... not?

If you were on asura. I would invite you to come and do belph with me if you wanted to compare. I have the h2h as well.

If so then that’s gonna be better than upheaval on non blunt weak mobs.
It actually should average higher than upheaval. It will parse far lower. But average WS numbers on Judgment should remain very high. Less than naegling SB, but still very high. It will just TP a lot slower than a hasso build upheaval. With a dnc haste samba it should be pretty competitive to Up spam WSD (not including SC).
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2020-07-10 20:58:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I’ve never seen anyone doing 70k WSs with club, especially not with just trust buffs. Considering on drg on piercing weak mobs with aeonic I can hit 60-80k with decent party buffs I’m thinking 70k avg with club even on blunt mobs is a stretch.

Spaitin said: »
It actually should average higher than upheaval. It will parse far lower. But average WS numbers on Judgment should remain very high. It will just TP a lot slower than a hasso build upheaval. With a dnc haste samba it should be pretty competitive to Up spam WSD (not including SC).

So back when we were talking savage blade spam with Naegling and people mentioned 40-60k as a normal you are saying black halo is better than this on a wep that’s pretty much considered OP for a super powerful WS?
By Spaitin 2020-07-10 21:00:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering on drg on piercing weak mobs with aeonic I can hit 60-80k with decent party buffs I’m thinking 70k avg with club even on blunt mobs is a stretch.
The club should hit harder than r15 trish stardiver. Just not as frequent, and no SC damage. Dragon type mobs being a bit of an exception. Fencer and warcry has the advantage of basically 3k TP everytime. Without warcry I would say closer to 50k averages on blunt weak mobs.

Depends on your trusts as well. You use sylvie? also i dont care about trust parses. neagling/chango are genreally the king on those and I dont care about them anyway. Just did a belph with divinity and had a 62k average WS with trusts. trust averages are a giant crapshoot though. Did qul use evokers roll? ygnas behaving properly? Chaos roll up?
By Spaitin 2020-07-10 21:10:59
Link | Quote | Reply

So back when we were talking savage blade spam with Naegling and people mentioned 40-60k as a normal you are saying black halo is better than this on a wep that’s pretty much considered OP for a super powerful WS?
Why are you talking about black halo? it isnt as good as jugement. Not bad, just not as good. JUDGEMENT is the club WS I am referring too. Naegling should be like 58k averages with warcry, since i said 50k before mob weakness considered on judgement.... And if you get a dnc in the party then heck yeah it is OP. Crazy high parses. Without a dnc it is just good.

In simpler terms. Dragon kick is looking at something like 5 FTP at 3k. Judgment is looking at 12 FTP

Grab a club. Use your savage blade set and you will see what I am referring to. Use belph if that is the mob you want to use it on and smash.
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2020-07-10 21:14:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Your first post said black halo and judgment, I assumed you were talking about black halo.
By Spaitin 2020-07-10 21:15:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Your first post said black halo and judgment, I assumed you were talking about black halo.
lol no, black halo is a decent option. Can make a light with it. But judgement all the way. Not as much FTP as savage, but a much higher base dmg weapon to use. Fun option. with loxotic i think judgement might actually beat all non naegling SB spams? or be extremely close with them. Cant confirm on that, that is just eyeballing it.
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2020-07-10 21:17:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Dragon kick is I believe 2 hit WS with tp replicating making it far stronger when you get a DA or 2.

5 * 4= 20
By Spaitin 2020-07-10 21:24:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Dragon kick is I believe 2 hit WS with tp replicating making it far stronger when you get a DA or 2.

5 * 4= 20
It would make it spike higher. But your averages would still be lower. At it is only 5 FTP at 3k tp. which h2h will TP really slowly if not /mnk and no dnc haste. so lets assume it scales from 3-5 at 1k 2k 3k.

Club is going to be firing at 12 ftp ish (not including gear)at 1kish during warcry. if you are going for the 5 ftp on dragon, cut your frequency to about a third. maybe 1/2.5. So your dragon kick averages will need to be close to 2.5x as strong to be about the same.

Your h2h DPS will be FARRRRRR lower. Frequency and WSD average are BOTH very important.
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2020-07-10 21:26:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I was looking at it and it doesn’t say 2 hits so maybe just 1? Tornado kick is 2 hits for sure.

Just did belphegor, judgment did 28k-33k, dragon kick did 22k-58k, only got 1 calamity off which did 38k

He charmed me toward the end and I let him regenerate for more WSs. I do not use Sylvie. How are you getting 60k avg ?
By Spaitin 2020-07-10 21:31:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I was looking at it and it doesn’t say 2 hits so maybe just 1? Tornado kick is 2 hits for sure.
at 3k TP. you will fire 3 12 FTP judgements before you get 1 3k on dragon.
By Spaitin 2020-07-10 21:32:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I do not use Sylvie. How are you getting 60k avg ?

That might answer it.

only got 1 calamity
huh? why are you doing calamity?

You also need to compare DPS, not WS averages. at 3k TP if dragon kick is 5k per hit and 2 hits. It should spike higher and average lower. Some runs it MIGHT average higher.
First Page 2 3 ... 174 175 176 ... 224 225 226